Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Indigo children reading Proust. I watched an inhuman child snap 39 pencils. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to lie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Comptroll The Forums posted:

"Don't ask me how my day was unless you're ready to handle a complete meltdown, rear end in a top hat t:mad:"

Nobody you aren't actually married to ever actually cares how your day was anyway

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

This whole thread reeks of STDH, like it's believable at first but then just cascades into Bigpeeler lite fiction.

https://twitter.com/laurenthehough/status/1020020150278467585

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Piell posted:

Nobody you aren't actually married to ever actually cares how your day was anyway

I got news for you buddy, my wife doesn't give a poo poo either.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Lol at being a nurse

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

More like oldnurseless.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Handsome Ralph posted:

This whole thread reeks of STDH, like it's believable at first but then just cascades into Bigpeeler lite fiction.

Twitter must be the worst way to post a story. No loving way am I clicking through all that poo poo.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Pneub posted:

My child just used ghoti ghoti ghoti ghoti ghoti ghoti in a complete sentance. He's a clear violet bouregaurd given the circumstances.

Wikipedia posted:

The first confirmed use of the word is in a letter from Charles Ollier to Leigh Hunt. On the third page of that letter, dated 11 December 1855, Ollier explains, "My Son William has hit upon a new method of spelling 'Fish'." Ollier then demonstrates that "Ghoti is Fish."
And we've come full circle.

e: Or is that :thejoke:

Splicer has a new favorite as of 23:07 on Jul 22, 2018

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

I got news for you buddy, my wife doesn't give a poo poo either.

Don't tell my husband but :same: about his day, especially the parts where he complains about programming languages

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

stdh.txt: I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Time to lie.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

sebmojo posted:

stdh.txt: I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Time to lie.

:thumbsup:

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Zipperelli. posted:

*yawn* No one standing and clapping, no "shocked looks of disbelief" and, most importantly, no Einstein. A lazy attempt at internet points. 0/10.

The types of people who want this kind of attention are loving insufferable.

So wait, do ER nurses regularly go to the scenes of accidents? Or is she an EMT and unaware of the difference? I dunno, something about this just doesn't add up.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

It says "and past paramedic."

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
Have to share this
I finally snapped at someone. They found out I was an IT-tech and past first-level-support, so of course their reaction "Oh wow you see some funny stuff"
My response this time:
I watched a supervisor tear a page while pulling it out the printer, causing a jam, lying to my face about it. I saw an elderly woman hammering the print key, then calling me over because the printer printed too much. I restored an email-backup for someone for the third time this month because he deleted the important messages AGAIN by accident. I've seen my old boss go, leaving just 8 binders with his printed emails behind and no other data.
So, yeah I see funny stuff. And I save peoples asses too.. what's your super power?
They just said, Oh and walked away.........:words:

jjack229
Feb 14, 2008
Articulate your needs. I'm here to listen.

RabbitWizard posted:

Have to share this
I finally snapped at someone. They found out I was an IT-tech and past first-level-support, so of course their reaction "Oh wow you see some funny stuff"
My response this time:
I watched a supervisor tear a page while pulling it out the printer, causing a jam, lying to my face about it. I saw an elderly woman hammering the print key, then calling me over because the printer printed too much. I restored an email-backup for someone for the third time this month because he deleted the important messages AGAIN by accident. I've seen my old boss go, leaving just 8 binders with his printed emails behind and no other data.
So, yeah I see funny stuff. And I save peoples asses too.. what's your super power?
They just said, Oh and walked away.........:words:

:golfclap:

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

Zipperelli. posted:

*yawn* No one standing and clapping, no "shocked looks of disbelief" and, most importantly, no Einstein. A lazy attempt at internet points. 0/10.

Someone tried to make awkward, polite conversation with me and I instead took it as an opportunity to focus on myself and how awesome/tortured I am by a profession I willingly chose.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Zipperelli. posted:

I loving hate nurses that post this poo poo or share things like it obsessively on Facebook. I'm drat proud of my job and my career, but this "I'm such a suffering and tortured soul..." routine is old. Yeah, so is being asked "what's the worst thing you've ever seen" by tons of people trying to start a conversation, but just get an answer that works for you and go with it.

Mine is "my paycheck" but at least do something other than this bullshit, because its the loving worst. 50/50 odds that person has been in healthcare for under 2 years.

E: I even misread. The person wasn't even doing the obnoxious "worst thing you've seen" question. That's even worse. Hell yeah I see cool stuff at work!

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Yeah, the nurse lady responded to 'have you ever seen anything cool?' with '*white hot screaming rage* THAT'S MY SUPERPOWER WHAT'S YOURS!?'

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Whenever someone tells me what their job is, I just say "Wow, what's that like?" It's a one-size-fits-all question that doesn't rely on stereotypes or misconceptions. Hasn't steered me wrong yet!

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I've seen a lot of memes recently using the wrong font

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

What the Christ is that font and why isn't it impact

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Handsome Ralph posted:

“He needs Obama to hate” in 2007? Did Fox care about Obama that early?

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Indigo children reading Proust. I watched an inhuman child snap 39 pencils. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to lie.

:golfclap:

https://i.imgur.com/ynghfuf.jpg

Jurgan has a new favorite as of 01:23 on Jul 25, 2018

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Ein cooler Typ posted:

I've seen a lot of memes recently using the wrong font

You can just tell this dude started like "how can I pretend I harmed a woman but still seem like the hero"

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Jurgan posted:

“He needs Obama to hate” in 2007? Did Fox care about Obama that early?

Obama announced his presidential candidacy in February 2007.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

pretended

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Jay Rust posted:

pretended

I'm autistic and I am 100% certain that would not save me if I kicked a child.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

I don't understand, do SJWs just congregate at the 7-11? Like they'd just come out of the woodwork and parachute from the sky and come up through invisible trap doors the moment you kick a child in the 7-11? And why on earth would it be just SJWs who have a problem with kicking a child? I can't think of anyone of any social view who wouldn't have a problem with that.

Worst STDH ever.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Forget it Jake. It’s autismtown

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

AlbieQuirky posted:

Obama announced his presidential candidacy in February 2007.

Yes, but at that point he was a dark horse with no chance of winning. I’m pretty sure Fox was still focused on attacking Hillary until he started winning caucuses/primaries.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

Pththya-lyi posted:

Whenever someone tells me what their job is, I just say "Wow, what's that like?" It's a one-size-fits-all question that doesn't rely on stereotypes or misconceptions. Hasn't steered me wrong yet!

I do this too, and I'm always genuinely interested so it makes for great bar/pub chat.

Unfortunately, half the time I have to stop them and go "okay but what's your day-to-day actually like" and for people who are trying to "impress" me with whatever they do that's usually where it breaks down and we move on to something else :smith:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

life is killing me posted:

I don't understand, do SJWs just congregate at the 7-11? Like they'd just come out of the woodwork and parachute from the sky and come up through invisible trap doors the moment you kick a child in the 7-11?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZDK_LG9DuU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Jurgan posted:

Yes, but at that point he was a dark horse with no chance of winning. I’m pretty sure Fox was still focused on attacking Hillary until he started winning caucuses/primaries.

I believe you're forgetting that he was a black man, and a Democratic Senator, and therefore Fox's natural enemy.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Yeah just look at how shook they are about Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez already.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

you're not getting the reference?

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

I mean, I used to do that when I was a kid. :shrug:

Handsome Ralph posted:

I'm sure telling Dick Cheney he can waterboard you if he doesn't like waiting a week for cable, would not lose a low level tech their job.

I'm the person who sees someone abuse their dog, and gets back at her by tripping her intentionally, instead of calling the cops. Or even just loudly and publicly yell at her for it. Assault is the obvious best choice here.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Araenna posted:

I'm the person who sees someone abuse their dog, and gets back at her by tripping her intentionally, instead of calling the cops. Or even just loudly and publicly yell at her for it. Assault is the obvious best choice here.

Unironically punch people who abuse animals.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

Unironically punch people who abuse animals.

But then you've become what you hate the most!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

If you're smart enough to know you shouldn't hit animals, you're smart enough to get punched.