Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

I am so excited for this movie. It will have been well worth the wait based on that trailer alone. I cannot wait to see these monsters on screen together. Ghidorha looks massive and terrifying. Anytime they want to end a trailer on Godzilla roaring is gonna get me excited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Is desplat doing the music for this one as well?

Edit: oh poo poo they got Bear McCreary instead. I demand Taiko drums.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Score's by Bear McCreary, who you might know from this year's God of War or maybe The Walking Dead.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Personally, I'm hoping the rumors aren't true that Destroyah will be teased in this movie. While I'd love to see him get the Legendary treatment, as far as I know (I'm not well acquainted with the old Japanese Godzillas) Destroyah means a movie even more bleak and grim than G14.

I think I'd rather see a Legendary version of Hedorah or Biollante next.

Nroo
Dec 31, 2007

The trailer is on Apple Trailers now, if you want to see it without awful YouTube compression.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Cythereal posted:

Personally, I'm hoping the rumors aren't true that Destroyah will be teased in this movie. While I'd love to see him get the Legendary treatment, as far as I know (I'm not well acquainted with the old Japanese Godzillas) Destroyah means a movie even more bleak and grim than G14.

Looking at that synopsis, honestly it reads like total bullshit.

It doesn't even work with some of the things we know will be in the movie.

I think some one just managed to get a look at the trailer early and made that whole thing up from there

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Waffleman_ posted:

Score's by Bear McCreary, who you might know from this year's God of War or maybe The Walking Dead.

I think you mean Battlestar Galactica

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Human Target!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Arcsquad12 posted:

I think you mean Battlestar Galactica

That too.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

I'm the guy with the poo poo eating grin as Godzilla rises from the waves.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Is there any info on how big Ghidorah is in this? From the trailer and Comic Con poster he looks roughly twice the size of Big G, without counting wingspan. Holy gently caress.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

He’s so big even your mom gets blown outta bed.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Ghids is right around Heisei Ghidorah height, so 150 meters

Red Pyramid
Apr 29, 2008
Trailer's definitely got me pumped. I love that they're doing a sort of elemental thing with all the monsters - instead of trying to just naturalize them and make them big animals like a lot of monster adaptations and reboots tend to do, there's still something supernatural and impossible about them. Godzilla and the MUTOs were radioactive; Rodan looks like he's actually on fire; Mothra obviously has some sort of blinding light component in addition to being bio-luminescent; and Ghidorah is basically a storm system with wings. It makes for a way more inventive and interesting spectacle than anything I'd expected.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

Cythereal posted:

Personally, I'm hoping the rumors aren't true that Destroyah will be teased in this movie.

Personally, I hope the whole concept of "teasing" isn't done anymore. It's giant monsters, people get it, you're not gonna catch extra Marvel lightning by having a commercial at the end of every movie.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I think if they're gonna allude to anything at the end of King, it's gonna be Kong.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

K. Waste posted:

Personally, I hope the whole concept of "teasing" isn't done anymore. It's giant monsters, people get it, you're not gonna catch extra Marvel lightning by having a commercial at the end of every movie.

Fair, though I am curious what kaiju those more familiar with the series would like to see given the Legendary big-time treatment like Mothra, Rodan, and Ghidorah are getting. They're so different and impressive (-looking in the trailer and AR) this outing that I don't associate them with their predecessors.

For me, it's Biollante or Hedorah as the next kaiju I'd like to see done this way. Maybe Space Godzilla.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Both Toho...

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I want he nidoking Kaiju

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

smoobles posted:

Is there any info on how big Ghidorah is in this? From the trailer and Comic Con poster he looks roughly twice the size of Big G, without counting wingspan. Holy gently caress.

The Monarch site lists his body height at 521 Feet. They have no idea the wingspan.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Vintersorg posted:

Both Toho...

The copyrights for Ultraman are under Tsubaraya. Toho was merely a distributor for some Ultraman movies.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Waffleman_ posted:

The copyrights for Ultraman are under Tsubaraya. Toho was merely a distributor for some Ultraman movies.

Tsuburaya and Toho have a VERY strong and close relationship though. If Toho wanted to feature Ultraman in Godzilla stuff it'd be trivial to do. And largely vice versa

Mostly owing shared history and the man Tsuburaya himself. The company evencleared up a stupid legal battle that will let them fully market Ultraman overseas so that'll be fun

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Waffleman_ posted:

I learned something new! :)

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Zone Fighter slowly walks away as the sad Hulk music plays

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Cythereal posted:

Fair, though I am curious what kaiju those more familiar with the series would like to see given the Legendary big-time treatment like Mothra, Rodan, and Ghidorah are getting. They're so different and impressive (-looking in the trailer and AR) this outing that I don't associate them with their predecessors.

For me, it's Biollante or Hedorah as the next kaiju I'd like to see done this way. Maybe Space Godzilla.

I' vote for Hedorah too. They could get real loving crazy with the design.

Red Pyramid
Apr 29, 2008
Biollante and Hedorah are both rife with possibilities for sure. Based on how awesome Rodan looks in this trailer, I wouldn't mind seeing some of the more "grounded" animal/dinosaur-type monsters either, even if they don't play a huge role. It'd be cool to see what they could do with an updated Anguirus.

I'd also love to see Battra, maybe as a foil for a Mothra spinoff? A giant demonic looking insect could be very cool.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Cythereal posted:

I personally would want to see Megalon, but only if he gets to have a buddy picture with Gigan. Failing that, I'd like to see a more modern version of Ebirah. Of course he'd only work if they turn him into a giant Pistol Shrimp/Mantis Shrimp because that way he'd have the kinda crazy upgrade you'd expect from a Legendary monster.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I just wanna see it all. Kaiju-verse is infinitely more entertaining than Marvel.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/_ElvishPresley_/status/1020761312920571904

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Bring in King Shisa, love that shaggy dog-man.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/OilyWhisper68/status/1021088292245188608

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

That would be the greatest thing to happen to modern cinema.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Cythereal posted:

Gigan. I'd be really interested in seeing how they'd adapt a cyborg space chicken with a saw in its chest.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
My speculation Climate Change melts icecaps, frees Ghidorah, Ghidorah causes mass extinction wherever he flies, scientists unleash Mothra and Rodan to try to fight against him cause they're also flying monsters, there's way too much carnage and destruction, Godzilla wakes up and goes "Aww what the gently caress guys? Goddamn, now I have to take care of this mess." and shows up later in the movie to set to balance. He has to take everyone down to maintain order.

Someone get Wu Tang cause Godzilla just brought the motherfucking ruckus. (how awesome would it be if we get a music video where the survivors perform on the buildings while the Kaiju fight. Or, gently caress it, Busta Rhymes doing his thing on rooftops next to Godzilla.)

Gatts fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Jul 23, 2018

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Gatts posted:

My speculation Climate Change melts icecaps, frees Ghidorah, Ghidorah causes mass extinction wherever he flies, scientists unleash Mothra and Rodan to try to fight against him cause they're also flying monsters, there's way too much carnage and destruction, Godzilla wakes up and goes "Aww what the gently caress guys? Goddamn, now I have to take care of this mess." and shows up later in the movie to set to balance. He has to take everyone down to maintain order.

Don't you dare suggest that Mothra is a villain.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Cythereal posted:

Don't you dare suggest that Mothra is a villain.

I ain't suggesting it. She's a hero. But Godzilla got to set poo poo straight and get it settled down. It's beyond "good" and "evil" for him.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jul 23, 2018

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/tokugifs/status/1021205205105479687

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

King Ghidorah gonna kick Godzilla in the dick.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c2CMMp167g&t=32s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I'm watching '98 Godzilla (it was free at the library), and one thing I do appreciate about Zilla: he is such a goddamn troll to the military you have to figure it's on purpose. Sure he could sink all the submarines in the bay himself... but way more fun to get the humans to sink themselves. And of course toying with the helicopters and MLRS units.