Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Sagebrush posted:

twitter delenda est

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Also why would there be CO at all? doesn’t it have an electric?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Schadenboner posted:

Also why would there be CO at all? doesn’t it have an electric?

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

President Beep posted:

sorry. that’d be CH4 asphyxiation.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

I never thought about how many of these true believers would ape business vocabulary because of course they’re also engaged in gambling with tesla stock and telling themselves they’re big boy investors

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

hobbesmaster posted:

firing squad is probably more humane than the way they were administering the three drug cocktail

yes

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

nitrogen asphyxiation would probably be the easiest and most humane manner

yes

and in addition to nitrogen/other inert gas asphyxiation there are plenty of other ways of killing a person pretty painlessly, such as injecting a massive overdose of insulin, morphine, etc

but no "humane" method of execution will ever be approved because the point of execution is to watch the condemned writhe around as they spend their last moments in agony.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Blue Train posted:

p sure fentanyl has a good history of killing people

not in anything like a "humane" way, which i think is still technically on the books as a requirement.

your diaphragm slowly stops working and you remain conscious as you suffocate to death over a rather long period of time

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

abolish the death penalty imo

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Endless Mike posted:

abolish the death penalty imo

destroy our criminal injustice system and replace it with a system that respects and dignifies human life

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
just build the euthanasia coaster

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
if we extend the death penalty to white collar crime it'll be abolished within a year

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Sagebrush posted:

but no "humane" method of execution will ever be approved because the point of execution is to watch the condemned writhe around as they spend their last moments in agony.

yyyyyepppp

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Libertarians are always on board with the death penalty which is just another example of how they are inconsistent morons

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Stereotype posted:

Libertarians are always on board with the death penalty which is just another example of how they are inconsistent morons

it's completely consistent if you consider it a bourgeois ideology to maintain power and wealth. therefore any state intervention to maintain the upper classes' interests is good and necessary.

i was watching the Simpsons s03e04 yesterday and they cut to Mr. Burns for exactly 1 shot and 1 line as he says "how great it is that the country is so frantic about crime that they'd put a 10 year old boy on trial as an adult".

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

https://timsthebomb.com
Stereotype I don't know what libertarian Bible you're reading but mine specifically says "give me liberty or give me death"

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

https://timsthebomb.com

George posted:

if we extend the death penalty to white collar crime it'll be abolished within a year

I would read this fanfic

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

TimWinter posted:

Stereotype I don't know what libertarian Bible you're reading but mine specifically says "give me liberty or give me death"

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Sagebrush posted:

twitter delenda est

wrong twitter owns

i mean yeah twitter sucks. but seeing famous idiots being idiots on twitter owns

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i don't care if it's funny to see rich people making asses of themselves. it will never result in consequences for them, while the service is simultaneously the most powerful tool for organizing hate and harassment that the planet has ever seen.

it's absolute poo poo top to bottom

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Sagebrush posted:

the service is simultaneously the most powerful tool for organizing hate and harassment that the planet has ever seen.

whoa whoa whoa

let's not forget about facebook here. i mean how many genocides has twitter directly helped perpetrate?

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

infernal machines posted:

how many genocides has twitter directly helped perpetrate?

the new performance metric for social. lets get those numbers up, folks

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
twitter has been a powerful tool for me to break out of my bubble and listen to marginalized voices but i understand that im doing it wrong

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

whoa whoa whoa

let's not forget about facebook here. i mean how many genocides has twitter directly helped perpetrate?

djt has used twitter to call journalists "enemies of the state" and declared a jihad on them

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

let me know when we start hanging them from lamp posts

.. you know, because no one will be reporting on it

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

George posted:

twitter has been a powerful tool for me to break out of my bubble and listen to marginalized voices but i understand that im doing it wrong

that doesn't sound fun at all

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

George posted:

look at this guy who is too bigoted and bougie to read tgrs

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Blue Train posted:

one state wanted to use fentanyl to kill a guy and some anti death penalty group said it's never been used before and they shouldn't experiment on the guy. p sure fentanyl has a good history of killing people

massive opioid od, especially in the naive, can actually be a super awful way to go because you salivate heavily but can't swallow properly so you start aspirating it but your diaphragm is too paralyzed to work properly so you vomit and drown in it, all while having σ1 induced full body convulsions

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
The most humane form of execution is blowing from a gun

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

tesla declares bankruptsy, 2018

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

The most humane form of execution is blowing from a gun

assuming they don’t gently caress it up like with that one dude.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

inert gas asphyxiation seems pretty solid really, cheap and easy, and just based on accidents it seems pretty clear humans simply don't notice anything is wrong

but it is of course true that it isn't terribly hard to come up with humane execution techniques, it just so happens that the people who care about how humane it is are also generally against the death penalty to start with

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Stymie posted:

while elon musk does suck, i’m starting to become suspicious of these convenient reddit posts that make him look worse

yeah, it was a pretty drat quick swing from irrational defenses of tesla to seemingly just as irrational attacks on it. i expect tesla will fail, due to quality issues eating into margins that will be pretty slim once ev incentives dry up, but the claim that there are thousands of 3's churned out to be piled up in desert parking lots seems a bit out there

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

but it is of course true that it isn't terribly hard to come up with humane execution techniques, it just so happens that the people who care about how humane it is are also generally against the death penalty to start with

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

inert gas asphyxiation seems pretty solid really, cheap and easy, and just based on accidents it seems pretty clear humans simply don't notice anything is wrong

if i worked at the death penalty drug company, my moral duty would compel me to secretly replace the lethal injection with the injection that turns you into the hulk

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Tesla is asking their suppliers to take a retroactive haircut on parts they've already shipped:

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2018/07/tesla-to-suppliers-take-a-hit-to-make-us-great/

we assumed you were going to do it for the exposure

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

the AI ev thread is full of people going "yeah, so? this is perfectly normal and my company does it all the time"

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Tesla is asking their suppliers to take a retroactive haircut on parts they've already shipped:

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2018/07/tesla-to-suppliers-take-a-hit-to-make-us-great/

we assumed you were going to do it for the exposure

This is not going to end well.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Wealth redistribution is bad unless you're redistributing it to me, so cmon help a guy out

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

whoa whoa whoa

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1021179439735033858

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

saw these gems in c-spam
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/152602438807994369
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/152599413813018624