Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Took some photos at Sydney costco

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Tell your friends we're coming for them

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Noodles? You can probably put a little bit on a salad to add some flavor. Put it on a slice of crusty bread and add some parm cheese and toast it? Probably lots of things you can do with it.

Can you put pesto on a dog

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Taima posted:

HAHAHAHA oh man you're still mad about that? I just looked in the post history and there it was.

Yes, ketchup on hot dogs is for children. Sorry that makes you mad still.

Ketchup goes on dogs.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

skoolmunkee posted:

Yeah but they will tend to lick most of it off.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

skoolmunkee posted:

Probably? Garlic goes alright with dogs, but I'm not sure about basil. Needs further research.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

I'm gonna go put ketchup and pesto on a dog.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Hypnolobster posted:

I'm gonna go put ketchup and pesto on a dog.

wtf man, thats not cool

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Taima posted:

e: I would be happy to explain any of this to you if you would like a hand. I've been hand picking tuna and salmon steaks at Costco for a decade at this point.
Please sir, give me tuna tips.

Also that recipe looks good but gently caress deep frying shallots with a pint of oil and blotting them with eight layers of paper towels.

Double edit: apparently its a thai thing, and you can find fried shallots in jars/bags, I'll check an asian store.

Bum the Sad fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Jul 21, 2018

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I needed some new window blinds, got a quote from the Costco affiliated company. It was double what another local business quoted me.

I like shopping at Costco, but some of their services just are way out there.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

My wife and I bought a bag of avocados 3 weeks ago and they still aren't ripe

Wtf costco

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

durrneez posted:

I add a teaspoon of the pesto to the pan when I’m cooking eggs and it is DELICIOUS :gary: also goes well as a topping for fried eggs.

So when you say you are cooking eggs, do you mean in an omelette or scrambled or...?

I do see your point about fried ones, will try that next week.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.
Got a new set of tires for $425 with a 70,000 mile guarantee. America’s Tire wanted $1,000. The savings will pay for my membership for almost 5 years. Praise be!

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

FogHelmut posted:

I needed some new window blinds, got a quote from the Costco affiliated company. It was double what another local business quoted me.

I like shopping at Costco, but some of their services just are way out there.

I've had poor experiences getting quotes for windows and AC replacement, the costco partners were by far highest price and also both of the quotes were dragged out dog & pony shows, noticeably different than other quotes. Maybe bad luck but 0-for-2 is 0-for-2.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002
Pesto definitely goes bad after it’s been open for a while, freeze the extra in an ice cube tray as was suggested upthread.

Unless you really want to put the Kirkland toilet paper and Kirkland Imodium through it’s paces, that is.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

The Slack Lagoon posted:

My wife and I bought a bag of avocados 3 weeks ago and they still aren't ripe

Wtf costco

i dont really like buying the avocados from costco. they're still fairly expensive like coming out to be $1+ for an avocado. there's often at least one thats just totally ruined with being way overripe and mashed, a few that are under ripe if not most, and then you really have to be ready to use them all as soon as they do. i think you're more economically better off buying avocados as-you-go from a grocery store, provided you have a good produce market at <$1.5/ea instead of safeway or w/e poo poo they sell for $3/each

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Xaris posted:

i dont really like buying the avocados from costco. they're still fairly expensive like coming out to be $1+ for an avocado. there's often at least one thats just totally ruined with being way overripe and mashed, a few that are under ripe if not most, and then you really have to be ready to use them all as soon as they do. i think you're more economically better off buying avocados as-you-go from a grocery store, provided you have a good produce market at <$1.5/ea instead of safeway or w/e poo poo they sell for $3/each

my safeway has em for $1.50 each
i live in one of the most expensive places in california

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

I don’t know the last time I even had frozen yogurt but I tried the vanilla açaí swirl today and it’s so good

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
Just snagged the pre seasoned garlic wings, slapped them on the charcoal grill and GOT DAM were they good.

PBUC.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Xaris posted:

I justify the cost by the size of them. They're the biggest avocados I've seen.

Had one last week that didn't get ripe. I don't understand these things.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

Steakandchips posted:

So when you say you are cooking eggs, do you mean in an omelette or scrambled or...?

I do see your point about fried ones, will try that next week.

Either will work! Goat cheese and pesto makes for a really tasty omelette.

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

FogHelmut posted:

I justify the cost by the size of them. They're the biggest avocados I've seen.

Had one last week that didn't get ripe. I don't understand these things.

Having done some work for the cali avocado cartel, the only acceptable method is paper bag method.

https://www.californiaavocado.com/blog/how-to-ripen-an-avocado

naem
May 29, 2011

durrneez posted:

Just got a mouth boner

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Voltage posted:

Just snagged the pre seasoned garlic wings, slapped them on the charcoal grill and GOT DAM were they good.

PBUC.

hot drat do i love me some grilled wings

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

durrneez posted:

Beautiful. Thank you.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

The Costco Pizza bites are bomb. That is all.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

DangerZoneDelux posted:

Having done some work for the cali avocado cartel, the only acceptable method is paper bag method.

https://www.californiaavocado.com/blog/how-to-ripen-an-avocado

Paper bag is a pro-tip.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Coredump posted:

The Costco Pizza bites are bomb. That is all.

Please elaborate on what these are and where I can find them.

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
Going to costco high? Good idea or worst idea ever?
e: weed

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Laslow posted:

As long as you’re not driving.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Laslow posted:

If you eat at the food court before going in its fine. Otherwise how much money is in your bank account? Because youre buying everything.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Five gallons of pickles never looked like such a good idea

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
I'm not sure if the giant buckets of icing are even for sale, but you might decide you'll need two of them

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Afterbirth Aftermath posted:

I'm not sure if the giant buckets of icing are even for sale, but you might decide you'll need two of them

For the longest time I thought they were just stored under the tables of the bakery for the people in the back who make the custom cakes.

Now I realize those tubs are for sale and consumption, aren’t they?

Edit: :randstare:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Laslow posted:

you might want to stay away from the bakery

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

DREAM BOUT
DEM

DOGS

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Rutibex posted:

you might want to stay away from the bakery

their chocolate chip cookies are crack cocaine

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

I have to go tomorrow to get some more blessed-brand flonase, any hot tips on killer products?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Laslow posted:

Do NOT buy the huge Que Bueno nacho cheese. That path has been travelled before.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Chinatown posted:

their chocolate chip cookies are crack cocaine

I'm glad the chocolate chip cookies are on sale because I bought some earlier this month and successfully burned myself out on them in about two weeks.

Those BB8 Sphero droids are on clearance for $24.97 if anyone is remotely interested. I haven't messed around with the force band yet but I did successfully drive it around the apartment for 20 minutes or so. It's kinda creepy when it charges because the magnet shifts sometimes and the head moves around slightly as if it is watching you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Edit: Got confused