Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I always had the intentions of seeing Teen Titans GO To The Movies, but learning that (legit spoiler of a gag) Stan Lee voices himself to cameo in the movie made it opening weekend for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/RiseFallNick/status/1021014774191140865

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/catsuka/status/1021102304299188225

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Can I buy it and then send them the funkos back for a rebate.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

You could probably sell them on eBay for a good price.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Surprised that Mystery of The Batwoman isn't on there as well

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

lelandjs posted:

No one has ever given a poo poo about the audience score on Rotten Tomatoes or the user reviews on IMDB or Metacritic. People barely give a poo poo about the reviewers scores on those sites.

Also the haters voting on Rotten Tomatoes aren’t the same people who want to see TTGGTTM.

[Edit: also, 61% of people saying they want to see the film on Rotten Tomatoes seems reasonable? Like, it’s a goofy kids film, not some huge blockbuster.]

khwarezm posted:

gently caress me man do you think that DC's live action movies getting bad scores is a conspiracy too.

You'd be surprised at how ridiculous these people are. Go to any TTG clip on Youtube, and the comment section is filled with them. Even the like/dislike ratio is more awkwardly skewed than it should be, compared to vids of pretty much anything.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

I forgot if this was posted already, but Disney showed Amphibia's opening at one of their panels:

https://twitter.com/CartoonUV/status/1020814339186425856

Unfortunately they apparently decided to not upload it on YouTube or anything, so shaky cam vertical video it is. Looks real good if you ask me, although it does remind me a lot of Gravity Falls' intro sequence, which is interesting yet unsurprising.

Surprisingly they apparently showed absolutely nothing of The Owl House. I'm going to guess it's not as far along as Amphibia is so they don't really have anything to show yet. Either that or they saw how well it was received online after the announcement and decided to hold the first peek back a bit and let Amphibia take the spotlight.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

VibrantPareidolia posted:

Here are the voice actors for the main trio of the Dragon Prince:

https://twitter.com/thedragonprince/status/1020732945965838336
Glad to see Jack DeSena again, been a while since I've heard his voice in anything. It's an Avatar reunion!

https://twitter.com/AngelaMarieSays/status/1020805253166333952

I forget, who did those 3 play in Avatar again?

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Shitenshi posted:

You'd be surprised at how ridiculous these people are. Go to any TTG clip on Youtube, and the comment section is filled with them. Even the like/dislike ratio is more awkwardly skewed than it should be, compared to vids of pretty much anything.

No dude, people just don't like the show, stop getting paranoid about 'the haters' secretly organizing to bring down your movie by... 58% saying they'll see it on Rotten tomatoes?

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
That 58 percent probably overlaps perfectly with the people voting the same for Minions and Hotel Transylvania 3 i.e. parents and kids.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/thedragonprince/status/1020800011364265984?s=19

Interesting review score considering the exceptionally shoddy trailer.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Ruflux posted:

I forgot if this was posted already, but Disney showed Amphibia's opening at one of their panels:

https://twitter.com/CartoonUV/status/1020814339186425856

Unfortunately they apparently decided to not upload it on YouTube or anything, so shaky cam vertical video it is. Looks real good if you ask me, although it does remind me a lot of Gravity Falls' intro sequence, which is interesting yet unsurprising.

Surprisingly they apparently showed absolutely nothing of The Owl House. I'm going to guess it's not as far along as Amphibia is so they don't really have anything to show yet. Either that or they saw how well it was received online after the announcement and decided to hold the first peek back a bit and let Amphibia take the spotlight.

I actually managed to ask a Disney TVA exec when we'd be seeing something from Owl House a few days ago! His response was that it's gonna be a while, and it'll probably be more than a year before the show actually starts airing.

On a related note I hope Disney officially uploads the intro to Amphibia soon, it's great.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

dat windows 3d pipes screensaver

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Gonna talk more about Zim.

Geekin out at all these little references

Door to Door ADHESIVE MEDICAL STRIPS, Dib's suction climber from Tak the hidious new girl, Future Dib-bot, Head Pigeon, Moofy's cookie box, the fuckin Squirrel from the Mysterious Mysteries reenactment, there's more but yeah...owns.

The other shot with Dib opening the garage has Pustlio, and the bad bad rubber piggy as well.

Also this is incredible.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

Larryb posted:

I forget, who did those 3 play in Avatar again?

Just Jack De Sena as Sokka. The reunion was more referring to the second tweet with him and Giancarlo Volpe, storyboarder/director on Avatar.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

khwarezm posted:

No dude, people just don't like the show, stop getting paranoid about 'the haters' secretly organizing to bring down your movie by... 58% saying they'll see it on Rotten tomatoes?

You know, I was just making a random rear end comment out of the blue, a joke I thought people who were in the know about the rather feverish detractors to put it lightly, and you've even admitted you don't care for the show, so go figure that your only contribution is to be an deliberately obtuse poo poo as usual.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

CelticPredator posted:

I like that Minimoose is still there. Because he’s been there the whole time.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

CelticPredator posted:

Geekin out at all these little references

Door to Door ADHESIVE MEDICAL STRIPS, Dib's suction climber from Tak the hidious new girl, Future Dib-bot, Head Pigeon, Moofy's cookie box, the fuckin Squirrel from the Mysterious Mysteries reenactment, there's more but yeah...owns.

The other shot with Dib opening the garage has Pustlio, and the bad bad rubber piggy as well.

Also this is incredible.

That's my shot and this was the exact response I was hoping for! :3:

If I remember correctly, there are 58 references in that pan and at least one from each episode. Between research, reference collection, plotting and drawing, it took me three days.

I shouldn't have read this before bed. I'm giddy.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Siccck. It's super dope, the details are great! Let me see how many I can lock down.

ADHESIVE MEDICAL STRIPS from 'Door to Door'
Dib's briefcase and computers, which he uses a lot, but they have notable episodes, like 'Battle Dib' and 'Future Dib'
Membrane Lamp from 'Planet Jackers'
Moofy's cookie box from 'Girl Who Cried Gnome'
Squirrel from 'Mysterious Mysteries'
Head Pigeon from 'Dark Harvest'
Dib's climber thing from 'Tak the Hideous New Girl' in the foreground,
Dib's Water Balloon canon from 'The Wettening'
'Future Dib' robot
Alien punchy doll from 'Bad Bad Rubber Piggy'
Tricycle from same episode.
Alien cuff's from 'Nightmare Begins'
Crazy Bucket from 'Hamstergeddon'
Looks like one of Dib's window shades...dunno if that's a reference (maybe to zim eats waffles?)
The fuckin Food launcher from the pilot (deep cut yo)

That's all I see, but I'm pretty sure if you point out the one's I missed, I'm gonna be like, poo poo... But I haven't re-watched it recently, so this is just going off by memory.

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Jul 23, 2018

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Shitenshi posted:

You know, I was just making a random rear end comment out of the blue, a joke I thought people who were in the know about the rather feverish detractors to put it lightly, and you've even admitted you don't care for the show, so go figure that your only contribution is to be an deliberately obtuse poo poo as usual.

My apologies, next time I'll take treat the Rotten-tomatoes audience 'want to see' score with the seriousness and respect it so clearly deserves and be vigilant of potential conspiracies around such an important thing.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
Well it's not official, but here's a better version of the Amphibia intro:

https://twitter.com/TheMysteryofGF/status/1021453708578754560?s=19

Man I love that music.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
I feel like I've kind of lost track of Disney's TV output lately apart from Star Vs, anything people think I should be watching?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

khwarezm posted:

I feel like I've kind of lost track of Disney's TV output lately apart from Star Vs, anything people think I should be watching?

The new Ducktales is pretty good. And we even have a thread for it.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
I'll second DuckTales, it's very good thus far.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

khwarezm posted:

Milo Murphy's Law is real good if it hasn't vanished off the face of the Earth. There's also the new Ducktales, which is alright. Disney doesn't put out shows in waves like Cartoon Network does so everything is kinda staggered.

If you haven't checked out Wander Over Yonder, it's worth a go. It's real drat heartwarming.

edit: Every time I think about Wander Over Yonder I just keep going back to the lil' Black Cube of Darkness episode. It's one of my favorite parts of the whole series. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVcolqoOLks

SlothfulCobra fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jul 23, 2018

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shitenshi posted:

Ok, well then take it from someone who likes TTG and is planning on taking his daughter to it as the first film she sees in theaters:

People anonymously stating that they personally do or do not want to see a film means literally nothing. Zip. Zilch. Nada. No one bases a decision to go to a movie based on a “want to see” score.

If you’re really concerned about how the Teen Titans Go movie is received, look at the actual reviews from people who have actually seen the film, which are all glowing.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Like, the "Want to see" rating is going to go away in three days.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Oxnard Montalvo from the Angry Beavers in retrospect is basically a B-movie hero version of Sterling Archer.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

lelandjs posted:

Ok, well then take it from someone who likes TTG and is planning on taking his daughter to it as the first film she sees in theaters:

People anonymously stating that they personally do or do not want to see a film means literally nothing. Zip. Zilch. Nada. No one bases a decision to go to a movie based on a “want to see” score.

If you’re really concerned about how the Teen Titans Go movie is received, look at the actual reviews from people who have actually seen the film, which are all glowing.

I bolded that for specification here. So my thoughts...how should I put this...

No poo poo man? I was just making a joke about how rabid the haters are as opposed to the actual reception the movie is getting, and you blew it way out of proportion. Hot drat.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I feel it's best to wait for a consensus and read between the lines with this thing rather than trust numbers.

Or just get really drunk watching it.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

I'm not really interested in that movie so I'm not gonna watch it nor comment on it. It's that simple.

In other news:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Did that movie even do well? I feel like the only time it ever got paid any notice was for "lol babby look like pissman" memes and then a creepy fixation from that side of youtube that baits actual babies.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I feel like it's like Knack where people joke about how it's a masterpiece actually.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Yardbomb posted:

Did that movie even do well? I feel like the only time it ever got paid any notice was for "lol babby look like pissman" memes and then a creepy fixation from that side of youtube that baits actual babies.

It grossed $527 million worldwide ... for some reason

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
:shrug: Kids movies can make bank regardless of quality. Critics tend to give them the soft touch too. And I don't even know if that films', like, bad.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's also an Oscar nominee

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
So the new Gravity Falls comic is pretty great.

(Apologies for the one being sideways, imgur won't let me upload it the right way up)

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jul 24, 2018

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oh, I should get that. Also I should probably open my special edition Journal 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

khwarezm posted:

:shrug: Kids movies can make bank regardless of quality. Critics tend to give them the soft touch too. And I don't even know if that films', like, bad.

I put it on on Netflix for my kids a couple months back. It's not terrible, but I wouldn't go out of my way to watch it or anything.