Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

PP: 2, Stress: 0, XP: 8

She covered her ears, flinching at the high pitch whine of the explosive charge. As Gobby jetted them inside, she rang out an ear with a pinky, smirking, "Not bad, I'll raise you..."

She pulls an arrow for each target as her eyes rapidly scan the room, things almost moving in slow motion to her trained eye. Seven explosive arrows clink across her bow as it unfolds with a snapped SHUNK. She winks at Goblin as her left thumb flicks the small switch timers across all seven arrows in a smooth motion as she fires, not turning away as the arrows loose and she whispers, "Boom."

The arrows all fly off in various directions, some flying directly at their targets, others ricocheting of one or two surfaces before finding their targets, one even ricocheting off of Cap's shield to strike Xenmu in the face. The timers chirp as the arrows fly, each one pulsing in time with the small red LED on the charge at the tip, each with various lengths of time that had been programmed hours, even days before, they just happened to be targeted correctly in such a way as to go off at the exact opportune moment to injure and maim their targets with deadly shrapnel, most of the arrows targeted at the big guys going off near their purple brain... tube... things.

@Fuzz: 1d6+1d8+1d10+1d10+1d10+7d6 (team, target, reflexes, weapon up, combat master, area attack x7) = (4)+(6)+(9)+(1)+(7)+(2+6+3+6+1+5+3) = 53

16 with a D10 effect for Xenmu, D8 for Amazon, D6s for everyone else. Effect for the sentients is "Shattered" for their tubes, for the tigers it's "Frightened"

Tagging Snow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Bookkeeping Post

The Mark

First things first...Goblin takes 2 PP, and Bullseye takes one.

Reaction to Gobbo first...@Lager: 1d10+1d8+1d10+1d8 Xemnu reaction to Goblin (Team, Intergalactic Exile, Superhuman Durability, Combat Expert) = (3)+(3)+(3)+(4) = 13; Terrible roll. Spending a d8 from the pool to make it a 10 with a d10, and cheese my way to victory on it.

Xemnu seems slow to respond at first to the Goblin's attack, moving as though he is walking through water. As the stun grenade flies at him, though, he catches the bomb - seemingly almost by accident - and clasps it tightly. The grenade explodes in his hand, but he seems unfazed by the device. He looks down at his hand, opening the furry mitt to examine the weapon before looking up and glaring, obviously annoyed at the assault on his person.

@Lager: 1d10+1d8+1d10+1d8 Xemnu Reaction to Bullseye (Team, Master Manipulator, Superhuman Durability, Combat Expert) = (1)+(2)+(3)+(5) = 11; 7 with a d10 and an opportunity.
@Lager: 1d8+1d8+1d8+1d8 Tiger A Reaction (Team, Top Cat, Enhanced Reflexes, Combat Expert) = (6)+(2)+(8)+(4) = 20; 14 with a d8.
@Lager: 1d8+1d8+1d8+1d8 Tiger B Reaction (Team, Top Cat, Enhanced Reflexes, Combat Expert) = (1)+(4)+(4)+(6) = 15; 10 with a d8 and an opportunity.
@Lager: 1d8+1d8+1d10+1d8 Amazon Reaction to Bullseye (Team, Thunderbolt Powerhouse, Superhuman Durability, Combat Expert) = (8)+(4)+(4)+(2) = 18; 12 with a d10.
@Lager: 1d8+1d8+1d12+1d10 Harpy Reaction to Bullseye (Team, Gamma Monstrosity, Godlike Reflexes, Acrobatics Master) = (4)+(7)+(9)+(8) = 28; 17 with a d8.
@Lager: 1d6+1d8+1d10+1d8+1d8 Hybrid Reaction to Bullseye (Team, Wraithspawn, Superhuman Durability, Transmutation, Mystic Expert) = (1)+(2)+(5)+(8)+(8) = 24; 16 with a d8 and an opportunity.
@Lager: 1d8+1d8+1d8+1d8 Diablo Reaction to Bullseye (Team, Centuries of Experience and Research, Teleportation, Acrobatic Expert) = (8)+(2)+(5)+(4) = 19; 13 with a d8.

So that comes out to a d12 for Xemnu, a d4 for Tiger A, a d6 for Tiger B, a d6 for Amazon, a d4 for Hybrid, and a d4 for Diablo. Harpy takes a d6 of Mental stress by raging herself to boost reflexes for the fight.

Xemnu is so focused on the Goblin that he seems to miss Bullseye's attack, as her arrow explodes with perfect accuracy. The tube on the back on his neck nearly ruptures, and his eyes glaze over for a moment as the device rattles around in his brain. He quickly rights himself, though, shaking his head to clear the cobwebs. Behind him, Diablo uses his teleportation abilities, temporarily gained from his alchemical concoctions, to disappear, reappearing near to Amazon as the arrow aimed towards her explodes. It does the job on both of them, damaging both their tubes.

Hybrid attempts to use Wraith magicks to transmute the arrow into gelatin as it approaches, but he is a moment too late. He escapes the worst of the damage, though. The two tigers, for their parts, leap into the air and away from the explosions, opening their mouths to roar and register their displeasure with the devices before glaring at Bullseye, seemingly having decided on their least favorite of the Exiles.

Harpy, though, is the most surprising. It seems that the hulking gamma monster is much faster than believed. As the arrow surges towards her, she shrieks loudly enough to cause physical pain to the Exiles and takes to the air. The penthouse ceiling is high enough to give her some maneuverability, and she moves with incredible speed, dodging the explosion deftly. Her eyes flashing with rage, she slams through one of the upper windows in the room, out into the skies of Manhattan. She soars high above the roof before spinning in the air and swooping back towards the Goblin Glider, and her target - Bullseye - with deadly claws extended to grasp her prey.

Spending a d6 from the Doom Pool to interrupt! Harpy is launching an attack! Spending a second d6 to use the Swoop Attack SFX which allows me to add Flight to my roll.

@Lager: 1d8+1d8+1d8+1d10+1d6+1d10 Harpy Interrupts (Team, Winged Fury, Flight, Godlike Reflexes Stepped Back by Talons, Talons, Acrobatic Master) = (1)+(6)+(5)+(1)+(4)+(10) = 27; Spending a d8 to make this a 21 with a d8 (d6 stepped up) effect for physical stress. Tagging Elijah Snow to put us back into the turn order.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

PP: 3, Stress: 0, XP: 8

Her eyes narrow as the bird woman avoids her arrow, muttering, "Clever girl..."
As the Rage Chicken breaks the skylight, Bullseye's eyes continue to track her likely movement, wincing slightly at the shriek and ringing out her ear again. She pats Gobby on the shoulder as she looks down to spot one of their grounded friends and puts her foot over his and presses down, juking the glider down and to the left.

"Sorry, this'll just take a sec," she shouts to her ride as she flashes him a V for victory and tilts sideways, falling over the front of the glider as a flurry of feathers and talons streaks right past her, her free hand reaching up at the last minute to grab and tug down on one of the claws.

"HI CAP! BYE RAGE CHICKEN!" she waves at Harpy as she swings upside down under the glider, her hair brushing the floor at high speed as she whips under the contraption, her foot hooked on the edge and acting as a fulcrum to swing her back up from behind.

The Harpy tracks Bullseye with hateful eyes, scowling at the woman before looking back forward just in time to be greeted by Cap's flying Vibranium shield-assisted elbow drop to her face, the man putting all his weight behind the move as he rides the shield, and her FACE, across the floor in a move that would make Tony Hawk weep.

Bullseye, meanwhile, completes her loop of the glider, hands latching onto Gobby's shoulder and chest as she uses him to stop her movement and not actually fall off. She tarries a moment as she confirms that Cap had things under control before giving Petey a playful peck on cheek with a wink, "that was fun. Nice flying." She promptly lets go of him and steps back rolling her ankle and exhaling slowly as she surveys the remaining field...

@Fuzz: 1d6+1d8+1d10+1d10+1d12 Team+always target+ reflexes+ combat master+ Avengers assemble = (3)+(2)+(5)+(4)+(10)

Spending 1PP for SECOND CHANCE.

@Fuzz: 1d6+1d8+1d10+1d10+1d12 Team+always target+ reflexes+ combat master+ Avengers assemble SECOND CHANCE = (4)+(8)+(10)+(3)+(2)

Using another PP to add a third die for 22 with a D12 physical stress from DOMINO EFFECT.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Elijah
PP: 3, XP: 1

Elijah scowls, walking calmly through the chaos. "I've faced your lot before, Mister President. And I must say, I am disappointed. You're nothing. You aspire to nothing. You are a small-minded, petty thug with more power than you know what to do with, and this is what you spend it on. You're not even up to the last time I faced someone like you. At least he had goals. Ambitions. Hell, an orbital laser. You? You're dooming a world for nothing but your own aggrandizement. You don't even have a plan."

The chill explodes around him as he pulls out his phone, tapping one of the Drummer's apps - a chemical sniffer, to identify the most helpfully frozen liquids. He smiles briefly and nastily. Xemnu finds his brain goo and chemicals suddenly freezing, expanding and shattering their containment. Diablo, Amazon and Hybrid likewise find the goo in their tubes freezing and slowing. Elijah has not seen anything especially creative to do with them yet. Harpy is not so lucky - she finds the air pressure under her wings suddenly and abruptly bottoming out as the air chills to unnatural lows, sending her plummeting down, unable to maintain lift - and likely breaking something, given the fragility of most wings. The tigers find rime spreading over their fur, as Elijah tries to play up their fears and make them flee in terror.

"Good god - this is your entire contingency! Did you even bother to learn more than the one trick?"

21. D10 effect die on Xemnu, stepped up to d12 by Frozen Solid, to up his Complication to Taken Out. D12 effect die on Harpy for a Grounded complication, upped by Frozen Solid, to try and Take her Out as well. D12 effect die on Amazon, upped to Taken Out, to up her Complication. D10 effect die on Hybrid, upped to d12, to up his Complication. D10 effect die on Diablo, upped to d10, to up his, too. And the tigers each get a d8, upped to d10, to up theirs.

No Opportunities.

Tagging Tiger A, so we don't end up with them just going in full twice in a row.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Bookkeeping Post

The Mark

@Lager: 1d10+1d8+1d10+1d10+1d8 Xemnu reaction to Elijah Snow (Team, Intergalactic Exile, Superhuman Durability, Doom Pool Die, Combat Expert) = (6)+(7)+(5)+(5)+(7) = 30; Spending 2d10 to bump it up to 24 with a d10 effect die. Take a PP, I'm keeping the d10 I used in my roll by giving you a PP as payment.

@Lager: 1d8+1d8+1d12+1d10+1d10 Harpy reaction to Elijah Snow (Team, Gamma Monstrosity, Godlike Reflexes, Acrobatics Master, Doom Die) = (2)+(7)+(8)+(7)+(2) = 26; Spending a d8 to make it 22 with a d10. You get another PP to prevent too much attrition to my doom pool.

@Lager: 1d8+1d8+1d10+1d8+1d8+1d10 Amazon Reaction to Elijah Snow (Team, Thunderbolt Powerhouse, Superhuman Durability, Growth, Combat Expert, Doom Pool) = (8)+(7)+(5)+(6)+(8)+(5) = 39; Spending another d8 to make it 23 with a d10. Spending another d8 to counterattack!

@Lager: 1d6+1d8+1d10+1d8+1d8+1d10 Hybrid Reaction to Elijah Snow (Team, In Space Nobody Can Hear You Eat Brains, Superhuman Durability, Sorcery, Mystic Expert) = (2)+(7)+(8)+(5)+(2)+(1) = 25; Hybrid's out - I'm not willing to spend any more doom dice to keep his butt alive.

@Lager: 1d8+1d8+1d10+1d6+1d10+1d10 Diablo Reaction to Elijah Snow (Team, Diabolic Alchemist, Transmutation, Lead to Gold, Mystic Master, Doom Die) = (1)+(3)+(9)+(6)+(1)+(1) = 21; 15 with a d8, so he gets a d12.

@Lager: 1d8+1d8+1d8+1d8 Tiger A Reaction (Team, Top Cat, Enhanced Stamina, Menace Expert) = (2)+(6)+(7)+(3) = 18; 14 with a d8 so takes a d12.

@Lager: 1d8+1d8+1d8+1d8 Tiger B Reaction (Team, Top Cat, Enhanced Stamina, Menace Expert) = (3)+(8)+(1)+(7) = 19; 15 with a d8 so another d12.

Comes out to Xemnu, Amazon, and Harpy in the clear; Hybrid down; Diablo, Tiger A, Tiger B at d12.

The assault from Elijah Snow ceases all activity in the room for a long moment. The villains, frozen in shock and - well, literally frozen - barely move a muscle as they try to adjust their tactics to survive the cold. Hybrid, his alien physiology seemingly unaccustomed to sudden temperature shifts, crumbles to the ground in a heap. Diablo is the first to act, however, performing a quick, impromptu alchemical transformation on the tubes inserted in each villain's neck to harden them dramatically. Diablo's frail skin, however, is damaged severely by the cold despite his quick actions.

Xemnu and Amazon seem to be able to adjust quite handily, particularly after Diablo's spell, however. Amazon, in fact, manages to slam her fists into the ground, causing a shockwave which breaks the floor up badly and throws Elijah off his feet, slamming him hard into the ground.

Harpy, reeling from the counter-attack by Bullseye and Captain America, finds herself unable to keep aloft, but is agile enough to twist her body and grab a nearby wall with her sharp, strong talons. She decides to cling in place until the worst of the storm passes and she can find the air more tenable to her journey.

The two tigers, however, seem agitated as all hell by the spectacle. They have little love for the cold, and little understanding of what is happening around them. They continue to roar and back away, rearing up in fear and threatening the Exiles not to get too close. Eventually, they become angry enough to charge. Bullseye is somewhat out of their reach, but they have ample targets to choose from. The first tiger decides to take the opportunity to attack Sir Nicholas Fury, pouncing at him and pinning him to the ground. The second tiger decides to join the assault, slashing with its claws at Fury's chest as the first tiger holds the man down.

@Lager: 1d8+1d8+1d8+1d8+1d8 Tiger A Attacks Avengers Assemble! (Team, Furry and Ferocious, Enhanced Strength, Pounce, Combat Expert) = (4)+(4)+(7)+(8)+(2) = 25; 15 with a d8.

@Lager: 1d6+1d8+1d8+1d6+1d10 Sir Nicholas Fury Reaction (Team, Man Out of Time, Enhanced Reflexes, Kevlar, Combat Master) = (3)+(5)+(8)+(3)+(5) = 24; 13 with a d8.

@Lager: 1d8+1d8+1d6+1d6+1d8 Tiger B Attacks Avengers Assemble! (Team, Furry and Ferocious, Enhanced Strength, Tooth and Claw, Combat Expert) = (1)+(5)+(2)+(4)+(7) = 19; 12 with a d6.

@Lager: 1d6+1d8+1d8+1d6+1d10 Sir Nicholas Fury Reaction (Team, Man Out of Time, Enhanced Reflexes, Kevlar, Combat Master) = (6)+(7)+(4)+(1)+(6) = 24; 13 with a d8.

So no luck eliminating the asset yet, but it's at d8. Basically, if I get to d12 then I reduce it. Then I get it to d10 and reduce it again, etc.

Xemnu holds his monstrous, furry hands up as he speaks, "Hold, friends. We have a misunderstanding. My colleagues and I wish only for peace. Please, demonstrate your own capacity for peace. Lay down your weapons, and we will all join in brotherhood. The cosmos are infinite, and should be explored together!" He makes grandiose gestures as he speaks, inviting the Exiles to come with him on a magical tour of infinity, and beyond. "What say you, friends? Shall we join hands and embrace as one mind under one purpose?" His formidable powers reach out, urging the assembled Exiles to accept their fate and help to build a new world. A better world. Under XEMNU.

@Lager: 1d10+1d8+1d10+1d6+6d6+1d10+1d12 Xemnu is ALL (Team, Loveable Scamp, Mind Control, Forceful Personality, Area Attack, Psych Master, Shattered) = (2)+(8)+(10)+(5)+(5+3+5+5+1+1)+(9)+(4) = 58; I spent a Doom Die to add the Shattered Complication to his roll using his Motivated Mind Control SFX. I'm not a big enough dick to make this a 27, so it's going to be a 19 with a d10 against Bullseye, a d12 against Elijah Snow, a d8 against Miss Fury, a d6 against Goblin, a d6 against Slapstick, a d6 against Gwenpool, and a d6 against Starband, reaching out to her through the telepathic link with Electro. Tagging Diablo, but waiting for this to resolve first.

Lager fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Jul 24, 2018

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.

0 PP, 10 XP, d6 Emotional stress

The room is an explosion of action, but nothing quite so grand as the sudden clash of power at it's center, as Mr. Snow and the abominable beast's words compete at the eye of the blizzard. A truly marvelous display! With any luck, Snow would see the error of his actions and accept the truth nature of peace...

----
Resisting this mind control, desperately. My pool is Team d6, Nothing Bad Ever Happens to Me d8, Covert Expert d8, Anti-Control Disc d6, Avengers Assembled d12, Xemnu's Shattered Complication d12

Result: 2d6 + 2d8 + 2d12 = (1+4)+(2+8)+(1+1) aaaaaaand I failed. 12 with a d8 effect. 3 opportunities.

----

"FURY!" She heard her own voice yell, as a blue and yellow blur rushed past her into the fray, towards a man being savaged by tigers. It was enough to snap her back into focus. She looked to Cap (was it really him?) and her older self, braving the fight. To Snow, fearless in the face of these monsters. The frequency resonating in her ear, ricocheting off the voice of Xemnu, himself struggling for control against Purple Man's influence. Somewhere in the back of her mind, weeks of psychological conditioning playing over and over, and behind that, her audition for the Wizard of Oz. She'd deliberately botched her final line, just to make mother mad.

"...There's no place like Oz." she said to herself, as she dreamily stepped into the fight.

Danger-Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Jul 24, 2018

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

PP: 1, Stress: 0, XP: 8

@Fuzz: 1d6+1d4+1d10+1d10+1d12+1d12+1d6 RESIST! (Team, Checkered Past COMPLICATION, Reflexes, Covert, Avengers Assemble, Shattered, anti-control disc) = (1)+(3)+(2)+(2)+(8)+(4)+(4)
Spending 1 PP to add a third die for 8+4+3 = 15 with d12 effect. Not enough to beat 18, but steps down to a D8 effect.

As the Titan raises his arms and begins speaking, she suddenly realizes what's about to happen. She shuts her eyes and tries to cover her ears, thinking of happier times...

The arrow flies wide, the bow wavering as her hands shake. His hands slide over hers, reassuring, strong. "They can't get to you anymore, Nina," Clint said quietly in her ear, his hand squeezing hers. "They can't get to you anymore," he repeated. She exhaled slowly, eyes closed, the forest silent around them.

"YES, COME JOIN IN BROTHERHOOD AND YOU WILL KNOW ONLY PEACE."

Her eyes snapped open, Xenmu standing next to the target, bobbing back and forth with his arms spread wide.

"THE COSMOS HAS MORE THAN ENOUGH ROOM FOR ALL OF US. TOGETHER."

She looks around frantically, feeling as if she's underwater, but there's no one else there. Clint is gone.

Clint is dead.

"TOGETHER."

In the real world she clings to Gobby for support, the tears unable to well in her eyes as the glider careens through the air.

"they can't get to you anymore, they can't get to you anymore, they can't get to you anymore..." she whispers under her breath, eyes still clenched shut.

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Jul 24, 2018

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Elijah Snow
PP: 1, XP: 1, d10 Physical Stress

Elijah is sent flying into the air by the shockwave, crashing hard into a wall. He groans, not standing up as his vision momentarily blurs. He looks up, and then goes wide-eyed as the psychic contact begins. Exploration, learning - these things are part of his core. Part of everything he has ever been. They are the tools of his purpose.

The world is strange. Elijah meets Xemnu's eyes. He is tempted - sorely tempted.

But he has been in this place before. He has faced a fellow on the grand adventure of life. And for all his power, Xemnu is not Randall Dowling. He lacks the understanding.

As Xemnu reaches into his mind, Elijah closes his eyes again and throws the doors open. A hundred and twenty years of experience lie waiting.

The cosmos are infinite, and should be explored together.

The swamps of rural Georgia, where an old woman pours whiskey down his throat and leads him to meet angels.

"You want to explore?"

The castle in the German mountains, where a horde of electrically animated zombies are frozen statues, and the works of Victor Frankenstein lay broken and scattered.

"Let us explore."

The images flash faster now. Sherlock Holmes, bemoaning a deep southern accent. The airships over London, as the mole-devils of the Counter Earth swarm over them. The last ride of the Nautilus.

"The world is strange, friend."

Elijah struggles to his feet, his eyes open once more, locked dead onto Xemnu's, still inviting the psychic deep into the well that is his mind. The shiftship and its new, metahuman crew. The Drummer calling up the spiritual archives of the dead souls of Hong Kong. The alien angels and their explorations of the comet-throne of a fallen titan.

"I keep it that way."

He walks slowly over to Xemnu, leaning to stare into the creature's eyes. And still, the images of Elijah's life pour through his mind. A visit to the afterlife, the worlds of the Bleed. He is no psychic, but that doesn't mean he's defenseless against them.

"Was it everything you hoped it would be?"

1PP gained from a negative Distinction. 1 PP to stunt on an opportunity, another to add a third die to my result, and another for a counterattack.

23 with a d12 effect die/counterattack.

1 Opportunity.

Mors Rattus fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Jul 24, 2018

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe

PP: 0 XP: 4 Stress: 0 Complications:

And...this is why Xenmu was a dick. One wave of his giant muppet hands and everybody goes bonkers. He feels Bullseye clinging to him even as he bucks the glider up suddenly, trying to get himself outside of the fuzzy Titan's range. That secondary, edgier part of his brain was somehow even more fed up with the entire thing - all these other consciousnesses impressing themselves upon HIM!?

"I am so OVER this brain assaulting nonsense!" He grunts as he twists the glider around, clutching his hands to the side of his head and hoping the device that he and the Tinkerer had built was working. But more importantly, he hoped it was working for the rest of the Avengers and the rest of the Exiles. Despite his whole thing, Goblin had always sort of needed allies - let's be honest people don't win against a whole well, syndicate of sinister types like this by themselves. He had the Defenders back home. He had Felicia. And while that wasn't true here, he had the Exiles.

And they had him. "Hold it together guys! They're already on their last legs!" He reminds them about the enemy's shattered tubes. Xenmu's was an especially juicy target, now that he thought about it. As he wheeled the glider overhead he dropped another bomb, straight onto the broken tube attached to the Titan.

Team d8, A Monster Hides Within d8, Enhanced Reflexes d8, Psych Expert d8, Avengers Assemble! d12, Xenmu's Shattered d12

@LifeGetsWorser: 4d8+2d12 RESISTANCE = (6+8+5+3)+(8+8) = 38

I'll spend another PP to add another die to my total and make my resistance a 24 with a d8. Then I'll spend another PP to counterattack the Complication.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jul 24, 2018

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

PP: 0 | XP: 8

Slapstick watched the titan do a thing. Okay she was honestly pretty bored. There was a tiger savaging some brit guy and there was a whole cadery of colourful bad guys. But it all lacked a certain something...

Maybe she was getting worried. The words slowly filtering through to her brain "We need to talk".

Some vague memory rattling around in her head, remembered people saying that was a warning sign. But that couldn't be right, could it? Unless... had she done it again? A cold lump forming in the pit of her stomach, as her internal organs froze and crinkled into shards. Had she let the Genre's lead her astray? The wave hit her. Slapstick's body bending in a most unattural way before springing back in place like an over taught elastic band.

- - - -

Limit: Effects budget ran out

Disabling Teleport D6 for +1PP

SidekickBOTToday at 5:57 PM
@Arashiofordo3: 2d12+1d10+2d8+2d6 Probably failing to resist psychic bullshit. Avengers Assemble D10 + Superhuman Durability D12 + Team D10 + Master of the genres - slave to the tropes D8 + Psych Expert D8 + Sorcery D6 + Anti-Control Discs D6 = (2+5)+(8)+(4+6)+(1+4) = 30

Spending said PP to add a dice to my pool

Roll result: 19
Effect Dice: D12
Opportunities: 1

- - - - -

"What are you all doing?" She asked sullenly as her companions went goo goo eyed. "This really isn't very funny at all." Slapstick slapped at Bullseye irritably. "Ughhhh, I'm just gonna have to stab someone. There's nothing else for it. The question is... who....?"

- - -

Marking 1XP — when you say something that shows the mean streak beneath your slapstick façade

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

PP: 2 | XP: 0 | Stress: n/a

Well, Gwenpool's no rube, she at least knows to look away from his eyes. But peripheral vision's a pain. "Man, that doesn't sound... bad? But guess that's mind control, but do I mind? Um..." She looks over to the furry hulk's pointy can, and then then just busts out laughing. "I mean sure but ahahaha I'm being telepathically assaulted by a bleached moustache, classic, seriously, though, I have to stab your boss like, a lot, and then we can chill for a bit. I can tie bows in and you can share your advanced conditioner technology." She points to him with a big cheesy grin as she starts to backpedal. "Sec."

Resisting, spending a PP to use Beat the Devil and borrow a Doom Die: Team d6 + Metafictional Funnybook Fan d8 + Beat the Devil d10 + Anti-Control Disc d6 + Avengers Assemble d12 + Shattered d12 = 18 with a d12 effect and no opportunities, which gives her a Motivated Mind Control complication of... d4, and reducing a Doom Die from d10 to d8. So about as little mind control as you can have and still have it be mind control.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Bookkeeping Post

The Mark

Okay...bookkeeping first. Miss Fury takes 3 PP. And d10 Mental Stress (d8 stepped up). Bullseye takes a PP, and a d8 Mental Stress. Elijah takes a PP, and gets a very stern look. Slapstick takes a PP. Gwenpool takes a d4 Mental Stress. Doom Pool is at 1d12, 2d10, 2d8. Once Maltose is able to post Starlectro, we'll update on that basis.

Xemnu is trying to obey as well he can by turning the Exiles to his master's way of thinking. The great beast's mental powers, while formidable, do not save his control tube from bursting. The giant alien slams to the ground, hard. His mind...clears? It is odd. Years of his life, lost to him. His eyes narrow as he realizes what has happened. Hybrid, the direwraith halfbreed, lies unconscious. But Xemnu is not some Space Knight's target practice - he is the Living Hulk! Still...He feels immense pain. Whoever these intruders are, whatever their intentions, Xemnu decides that it may be in his best interests to pretend that he is no longer a threat. Perhaps they will destroy Kilgrave once and for all, so that Xemnu may inherit the Earth. He doesn't need the whole world, just enough to ease his loneliness. Merely amusements and helpers. It wasn't too much to ask...was it?

Diablo twirls his mustachio as he watches intently, deciding his next move. The small speaker in his ear continues to blather on, "Kill them. Destroy them. Stop them. Turn them. Make them MINE." Over and over again. It would irritate him if it weren't the master's voice. The master. Master. Diablo pulls forth a new set of potions, looking around the room. The air conditioner vents...That's a start. The potted plants providing that very necessary touch of nature to balance the sterile modern architecture. Earth...A vital natural element. And behind him, the kitchen! He turns the gas range on quickly, and sets to work mixing the potions together. As they mix together, they form a sort of paste...almost a dough? With deft fingers, he shapes the dough quickly into three tiny little men. Three homunculi. He tosses one into the range, one into a potted plant, and breaks into a run as he throws one straight into the nearest air vent.

Xemnu has only just hit the ground when the results of Diablo's labors prove evident. The air blasting forth from the vent turns to a thick, ashy smog. The fire burns impossibly bright, leaping dangerously close to the walls, as the flame licks the air. And the plant shrivels and rots, the earth expanding outwards from the pot and shaping itself...hardening like clay left out in the sun. Humanoid shapes become evident as the strange beings made of Earth, Wind, and Fire congeal and begin to move threateningly around. The homunculi begin to surround Miss Fury almost immediately, attacking from all sides. As they attack, more homunculi continue to multiply from the parent creatures, attacking the other Exiles in waves. The creatures are still small, maybe the size of an elementary school child, but there are...legions of them. And more being produced all the while.

@Lager: 1d8+1d8+1d10+1d6+1d10 Let's Get This Party Started! (Team, Diabolic Alchemist, Transmutation, Alchemical Formulaes, Mystic Master) = (3)+(4)+(6)+(1)+(3) = 17 @Lager: 1d10 Stress - Whoopsie! = (3) = 3 - 10 with a d12 effect (stepped up by Alchemical Formulaes) to cause a SURROUNDED! Complication against Miss Fury, which is still a meh roll anyway.

@Lager: 4d6+1d8+6d6 Homculii Assault (Horde, Enhanced Strength, Attack In Waves) = (3+2+1+1)+(8)+(4+3+3+2+4+4) = 35 @Lager: 1d10 Stress - Whoopsie! = (9) = 9 - which comes out to a 17 with a d6 effect against each Exile for Physical Stress.

Basically, Diablo has a powerset that is just for this horde of homunculi. They don't act separately in the turn order, but they take their own actions. It's a bit odd. It's a 4d6 Horde, though, and area attacks can add 3 extra dice to target all 4 of them. Not hard to stress them out, but there's...well, a lot of them.

As Diablo's puppet theatre performance begins to sow chaos in the room, Amazon's eyes burn with rage. She stares at Elijah Snow with a look that could curdle dairy, and bellows out a throaty battle roar as she charges forth, her muscles swelling with righteous fury. This...boy thinks he can handle Amazon? She will rip his head off and present it to the master personally...Master? Who the fu-....Yes, that's right. The master. The churning liquid in her control tube bubbles and the flow into her brain accelerates as she focuses on the task at hand. Kill this man.

She throws a few quick punches, trying to force Elijah off-balance but belying her true fighting skill with wild, reckless blows. Then she commits to the attack, feinting a left jab and then suddenly twisting her hips and throwing her weight into a devastating cross from the right - a punch she once used to knock She-Hulk right on her green rear end. Surely this chump would wind up as nothing but paste on her hands, she thinks to herself with a smirk.

I have to spend a d8 from the Doom Pool to activate Amazon's Chosen Target SFX...@Lager: 1d8+1d8+2d12+1d8 Enraged Amazon (Team, Strikes Like a Thunderbolt, Godlike Strength, Chosen Target, Combat Expert) = (3)+(8)+(4+12)+(5) = 32; 20 with a d12 effect against Elijah Snow!

Lager fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Aug 7, 2018

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

3 PP, 10 XP, d6 Emotional Stress, d10 Mental stress

"Oh, nausea." Patsy exclaims sarcastically as she bounds over the heads of the tiny effigies and their outstretching arms. "I hate wizards."

Leaping gracefully above the fight and focusing on the enemies below, she nearly fails to notice one of the homunculi dangling from a chandelier in her path, but no sooner does it motion to stop her progress than a blue sash snakes outward from below, looping around the offending limb, and yanking the creature to the ground at Hellcat's feet.

-------

I have no time for insignificant little men. Team d6, Regular Hellcat d8, Enhanced Reflexes d8, Acrobatic Expert at 2d6. 3d6 + 2d8 = (3+6+5)+(1+1) so an 11 with a d6 effect, and 2 opportunities.

Edit: Dodging their attack as well! Team d6, Regular Hellcat at d8, Enhanced Reflexes stepped up with Miraculous Mantle to d10, and Acrobatic Expert d8, and I'm going to spend a plot point to create a Magical Negation stunt at d8 from my power set. 1d6 + 1d10 + 3d8 + 1d12 = (3)+(7)+(1+5+2)+(4) = spending 2 plot points to buy extra dice, so my result is 19 with a d4 effect, and 2 more opportunities. A d4 gets added to the doom pool from MM.

1 plot point remaining.

-------

Patsy grabbed hold of the now vacant chandelier, and swung heavily in the opposite direction, giving a small wave to her other self, before landing with acrobatic flourish in front of her first target, Diablo.

"You, my friend, are a victim of disorganized thinking." she said, grabbing the lanky man's garish mustache with impossible swiftness, and yanking his whole head down, hard, exposing the fragile pipe in his neck to a vicious chopping blow.

-------

Destroy that tube! Team d6, A Regular Hellcat d8, Spending a plot point to step up AND double Enhanced Speed to 2d10, Combat Expert d8, and d12 for Diablo's Stress = (11)+(9+1)+(8+1)+(4) = 20 with a d6 effect, and 2 opportunities. a d6 is added to the doom pool for using MM again.

0 pp remaining.

Tagging Slapstick, with enthusiasm!

Danger-Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Aug 10, 2018

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

PP: 0 XP: 4 Stress: d4 Physical Complications:

"What is it with Kilgrave's lackeys and dumb facial hair!?" Peter bemoans even as Xenmu crashes to the ground from Elijah and his combined assault. The fact that he had been momentarily distracted meant this Diablo idiot was able to...what, summon silly puddy golems? The Goblin was sure Dr. Strange would get a kick out of that if he was here. But he wasn't - just a freaking out Domino-clone strapped to his back.

Well, no one ever said this gig was easy, right? As the penthouse necessitated a lower ceiling than he was used to zipping around with, a couple of the weird minions were able to manage a running leap off their compatriots and the wall towards the glider, which Peter kicked up and away. "Hey, hey hey you have to stop by the ticket booth first! No stowaways!" Of course, it didn't hurt that with the other Avengers around, there were less of the things inclined to try their luck with the moving airborne target, but hey, you take what you can get right?

The whole bobbing and weaving through the crowd of Puddy was making him a little off-balanced, though. "Getting a little crowded in here..." Peter mutters.

Team d8, With Great Power d8, Enhanced Reflexes d8, Subsonic Flight d8, Acrobatics Expert d8 to dodge. Also the d12 from Avengers Assemble.

@LifeGetsWorser: 5d8 + 1d12 Dodging the mob = (6+2+5+2+2)+(10) = 27

darn. a 16 with a d8 and no PP to add another die. Guess I eat a d6 stress. Well, stepped down to a d4 since my effect die is better.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

PP: 2 | XP: 0 | Stress: n/a | Complications: Motivated Mind Control d4

"Eh, don't sweat the little guys, they're just here to add drama.", Gwen adds, dodging back, and shrugs, looking away from the creatures. "No big deal!" Then, one leaps on her face.

"Aaaaahhh-", she manages, stumbling back as they whack at her shins, but she manages to hop back and then just headbutt a wall, dislodging the creature. "Hahaha- showed you-" A slight pause as she rubs her throbbing forehead. "- ow." She looks back over to the swarming homunculi. "Guh, when's it going to be my turn already? I need to get to ganking that purple dork."

The response is Team d6 + Careless Daring d8 + Genre Sense d10 + Enhanced Durability d8 + Acrobatic Mastery d8 = 11 with a d10 effect, which will at least reduce it to d4 physical stress.

Alien Rope Burn fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Sep 6, 2018

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

PP: 1 | XP: 8

Wait really? Well, if Gwen said they weren't a threat-

Slapstick immediately vanished under a mob of them, a dust cloud errupting, obscuring the action, legs and fists exited and re-entered, upper bodies rose above the chaos before diving back down into the brawl. The whole thing looked bizarrely out of place!

- - - -

@Arashiofordo3: 2d12+1d10+2d8+1d6+1d4 Defence against the hoard. Assets + Team D10 + Weapon D8 + Godlike Durability D12 + Living Cartoon D4 (+1PP) + Acrobatics Expert D8 = (3+3)+(6)+(6+4)+(2)+(4) = 28

+1 PP

12 to resist
D12 Effect Dice.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

@Fuzz: 1d6 + 1d8 + 1d10 + 1d8 + 1d10 + 1d12 Team + Target + Reflexes + Durability + Combat Master + Avengers Assemble! = (5)+(7)+(9)+(7)+(1)+(7)
Total is 16, using a PP to add a third die (the 5), so that's 21 with a d12 effect. Totally abusing the counterattack rules as they are for now to trigger DOMINO EFFECT again and dish out d12 damage to the minion group.

Snapping out of the Xenmu haze, she looks up in time to see the homonculi monsters converging on their position. "Well, crap... and yeah, no idea what's up with that goatee," she says to Gobby as she swats the leaping minions away from them with her bow as he swings them into a turn. She seems to swing at random, just trying to get them away, but they seem to all be ricocheting down at their compatriots on the ground, attacking other Avengers members. Any that get close are swatted down in this way. Bullseye seems to be more focused on Diablo.

"Yeah, no kidding... if we take down Snidely Whiplash, will these things fall apart?"

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

These stupid little monsters! Ugh! How dare they! Fine! Let's see how they like this! The dustcloud starts to roll, pushing towards the summoner of the very creatures that mobbed them all! Deep in the midst of this cartoonish Melee, Slapstick waited for her moment, then lunged out of it to seize Diablo by his stupid outfit and drag him into the midst of his minions punches and kicks! Slipping out subtly to watch the proverbial fireworks.

- - - -

SidekickBOTToday at 9:46 PM
@Arashiofordo3: 2d12+3d10+2d8+1d6 Pull Diablo into the cartoon brawl. Assets (D12 & D6) + Diablo Complication D12 + Team D10 + Weapon D10 + Superhuman Reflexes D10 + Living Cartoon D8 + Acrobatics Expert D8 = (8+5)+(9+8+3)+(7+3)+(3) = 46

Spending 1PP to add extra dice to total. Adding 5.

Roll result: 28
Effect Dice: D10
Opportunities: 0

Tagging Starbrand

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Aug 22, 2018

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Elijah
PP: 1, XP 1, d10 physical stress

@morsrattus: 1d8+1d10+1d12+1d8+1d6+1d12 defense vs amazon, Solo+Icy Exterior+Heat Subtraction+Enhanced Durability+Shattered+Avengers Assemble = (8)+(7)+(4)+(5)+(3)+(3) = 30

Spending my two PP to add the 5 and 4 to my total, so I have a 24 Lager says heroes win ties, so I only spend 1 PP for the 5, giving me a 20 with d12 effect die, avoiding the attack.

@morsrattus: 1d8+1d10+1d12+1d8+1d12 defense vs Horde, Solo+Icy Exterior+Heat Subtraction+Enhanced Durability+Avengers Assemble = (6)+(10)+(10)+(8)+(1) = 35 so a 20 with a d8 effect die.

One Opportunity.

Elijah isn't really a fighter. When Amazon and the homunculi come after him, he doesn't solve the problem like a fighter - no ducking, no weaving, no boxing defenses, no even bothering to tell if the attack is a feint.

He solves the problem like someone for whom ice and cold are a constant ally - he rushes backwards and allows a cage of ice to rise up around him. It easily stops the homunculi, their blows barely cracking the ice. Amazon is harder. Her fists shatter the wall with each blow, but more keeps growing and growing around her fists, the cold slowing her blows. At the end, shattered ice surrounds the pair as Elijah manages, barely, to keep his distance and not get beaten down by virtue of assuming Amazon would be able to kill him if she landed any hit at all.

Mors Rattus fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Aug 23, 2018

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Bookkeeping Post

The Mark

Bookkeeping updates first...phew, there's quite a few to go through. First off - Miss Fury gets 4 PP (1d8 from 2 opportunities = 1 PP on her first roll, 1d4 to 1d6 to 1d8 from 2 opps = 2 PP on her second roll, then finally 1d8 from 2 opportunities = 1 PP on her third roll).

Diablo's Defense: @Lager: 3d8+2d10 Diabolic Defense (Team, Diabolic Alchemist, Shrinking, Mystic Master, Miss Fury's Stress) = (7+8+3)+(9+6) = 33; A pretty impressive attempt, but there's really no way for him to beat you without spending from the Doom Pool, and I'd rather save it for Round 2...17 with a d10, and Diablo's tube is busted!

Goblin takes a d4, Gwenpool takes a d6 (stepped down, then back up from the 5+ rule), Bullseye gets 1 PP and kills 1 die from the Horde bringing them to 3d6...

Switching Slapstick's target to Amazon: @Lager: 1d6+3d8+1d10 Amazonian Defense (Team, Thunderbolt Powerhouse, Superhuman Durability, Combat Expert, Slapstick's Stress) = (3)+(1+1+3)+(2) = 10; 6 with a d10 effect. Holy gently caress. Well she explodes, taking a d12 of stress and she'll end up with a d10 of trauma (Not that she's coming back, just showing how close you came to literally murdering her).

Elijah takes 1 PP.

I'm spending 1d12 from the Doom Pool to activate the Panic Room?! effect to gently caress some serious poo poo up here!

All hell breaks loose as Diablo's homunculi minions fan out into the room, tearing through the walls and destroying the furniture. Many of the Avengers (and Exiles alike) are caught in the chaos, battered and bruised by the assault. Miss Fury, however, recognizes the most valuable target in the melee - the immortal Diablo! His control tube almost shattered by Bullseye's earlier attack, she grabs his ridiculous facial hair. He grabs a handful of mind control dust, throwing it into her face and commanding her to drop him as he bites down on his emergency shrinking potion tooth. She keeps ahold however, and as he shrinks to a doll-sized alchemist, Miss Fury flciks the tube, shattering it easily. The shock to his system is too much for him as his eyes go blank and he falls limp, the sudden loss of pressure causing him to lose consciousness. His homunculi, however, continue their attack.

Bullseye manages to shatter a few of the Earth homunculi, dwindling the horde to more of a swarm. On the other side of the massive suite, Slapstick pulls Amazon into the cartoonish dustcloud melee. The hulking Thunderbolt, caught flatfooted as she focuses on her failed attack on Elijah Snow, is badly burned and beaten. As the attack subsides, she lies on the ground a bloodied mess, half-dead from the force of the homunculi's blows.

Suddenly, though, the room shakes as the assembled heroes hear the sounds of mechanics powering up. Everybody, including the homunculi, stop for a brief moment in surprise and confusion. Then, a more violent tremor as part of the floor begins to crumble near the panic room's doors. The lights begin to flicker in and out before finally going out completely. The ample windows of the suite let in enough sunlight for everyone to witness, though, as the panic room suddenly breaks away from the suite completely.

It was no panic room at all.

Through the now-gaping hole in the Mark's wall, they can see the improbable form of a massive, purple robot with gold accents. They have just enough time to register the insanity of the moment before the floor gives way completely. Harpy soars into the air towards her master, but the homunculi fall through the floor, shattering and dissipating as they collapse. Green Goblin and Bullseye manage to fly out a nearby window, but the remaining Avengers and Exiles who cannot fly begin to freefall through the collapsing building as well.

Unexpectedly, though, the heroes find themselves being caught by a massive, padded and posh elevator. Hercules, having gotten bored in the elevator shaft, appears to have removed the metal box entirely from the mechanism and is catching Exile and Avenger alike as they fall, his unparalleled athleticism allowing him to leap through the air and bounce off rubble with ease. Soon, though the quarters are cramped, Hercules has managed to retrieve all the falling heroes, leaping towards a neighboring building and down to the ground below. Shaken, but alive, the heroes all exit the elevator. Their stomach feel as though they've been turned inside out, but they have no time to deal with that now. At this moment, they have a giant robot to attend to.

Lager fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Aug 25, 2018

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

4 PP, 11 XP, d6 Emotional stress, d10 mental stress

"Much obliged, big guy." Miss Fury told Hercules, as she brushed concrete dust from her cape. "Now, is that just the magic dust in my eyes, or have we got a very big problem on our hands?"

Images flashed through her head of the Battle of Kasserine Pass, and how she'd helped bring down "Il Centauro", Italy's most dangerous armored superweapon. But it was maybe a third the size of this, and she'd had 2nd Army and Howling Commando support. Then again, Il Centauro was piloted by armored division aces, under the command of the dastardly "Desert Fox." This thing was piloted by a petulant child, with no combat experience. And it's size could certainly be used against it...

Without another word, she leaped to the fire escape of a nearby building, then up to the flagpole protruding from another, swinging herself up onto a lower roof, and disappearing in the canopy of the concrete jungle.

-----

Going to try and make an "element of surprise" asset for myself, by sneaking my way roundabout to a more advantageous position, all the while out of sight of a giant, lumbering robot.

Solo d10, Thrill-Seeking Socialite d8, Leaping d6, and spending a plot point to use both acrobatic and covert expert at 2d6 each: 1d10 + 1d8 + 5d6 = (7)+(4)+(1+3+3+5+1)
Spending another plot point to buy one of the 3s as an extra result die, for a total of 15, with a d8 effect. 2 opportunities.
-2 plot points, 2 remaining.

Tagging Bullseye to follow my lead.

Danger-Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Aug 27, 2018

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

@Fuzz: 1d10 + 1d8 + 1d10 + 1d10 + 1d8 Solo, Femme Fatale, Reflexes, Durability, Covert = (7)+(7)+(2)+(5)+(3)
14 with a d10 effect of HIDDEN.

Seeing Fury's move for cover, she turns to Gobby as they circle around, "Good luck distracting Dipshit-zord," she gives him a wink and a pat on the back as she steps off the glider while still twenty stories off the ground, casually checking her gear as she falls down, down, down, right into the opening of a plastic construction waste chute conveniently hanging off the roof of a tall building with a shout of, "Empire!" with a flash of a V for victory in the general direction of the elevator as she disappears from sight.

She smirks slightly as the yellow plastic tube whips by, the gentle slope of the tube slowing her fall and turning it into a nice slide down toward a large, taut, red awning advertising some place called, "The ORIGINAL Jay's Pizza." Somehow she doubted it was really the original as she curled into a ball, hitting the awning and waiting a tick before thrusting with her legs, launching herself up the side of the slightly shorter building to land on the roof in a run, waving a casual salute to Miss Fury who was similarly running across the same rooftop.

"Did they have Spaceballs in your universe? Wait, nevermind, forgot who I'm talking to. Just follow my lead, let's B&E the purple dildobot." As they near the far end of the roof, with the giant purple robot looming in the air over the street below, she tosses Miss Fury a motorized wire clamp as she draws and fires an arrow in a high arc, the thin, almost invisible wire trailing behind to create a tightrope stretching across the street, only a few meters above and behind the robot's head. In a smooth and practiced motion she THUNKS! the powered anchor for the wire into the rooftop as she hops over the side, her own clamp catching on the thin wire as the anchor makes a WHIRRRRRRRRRR and quietly drills into the thick concrete, holding fast. She thumbs the switch on the clamp, the small motors sending her, and presumably Miss Fury behind her, shooting up the wire at a good clip, the hulking shoulders of the robot moving into perfect landing zone material...

Tagging Goblin to hopefully distract the robot/Harpy.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

2 PP, 11 XP, d6 Emotional stress, d10 mental stress

"I like your moxie, kid. Not many can keep up with my pace. Let's go!" She replied, hooking on for the ride.

Danger-Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Aug 28, 2018

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Bookkeeping Post

@Lager: 3d10+4d8 Doom Pool = (3+2+10)+(8+5+6+3) = 37; 18 with a d10, so no extra dice but you can still narrate hiding out and waiting to ambush.

@Lager: 3d10+4d8+2d6 Doom Pool = (5+2+8)+(7+2+8+8)+(1+4) = 45; 16 with a d10 for the second roll, no assets that time either.

Miss Fury snags two PP, I add two d6 to the doom pool.

Most of the Avengers seem utterly and completely shell-shocked at the sight of the massive robot, but Hercules beams from ear to ear. This was an enemy he knew how to fight, and it would be one hell of a battle! "Ha! No, you see true, friend! I know not what you did to scare him so badly he sought that thing out, but..." He gives her an enthusiastic thumbs up in lieu of words, the gesture conveying his mood well enough.

Looking up at the beast, Sir Nicholas Fury can only shake his head in awe. Captain America rests a hand on his friend's shoulder to steady the man. "It's...it's the Red Ronin..."

Hellcat leans her head towards Rogers, but doesn't take her eyes off the giant mechanical menace. "I think it might be the Purple Ronin now." She shrugs slightly. "Technically."

Miss Fury and Bullseye make quick progress, darting off before anyone else has time to react. They manage to stay out of visual range, but without any inside knowledge on the robot's sensory capabilities, it's hard to know how hidden they really are...

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

"Uh...right." Peter affirms, a bit shakily, as Bullseye hops off the glider and towards the ground.

Right - giant robot! That was new. Well, not entirely new, Parker had tinkered with some designs once upon a time; Oscorp had some contracts with some Japanese defense industry monolith...Toei or something - but the plans never quite planned out.

The Goblin preferred being mobile, anyway. On that note!

Back to the present - Peter had been offered up as a distraction. And well, he could do that. Ably, at that.

"Okay, seriously, you are COMPENSATING hardcore my man!" The Goblin shouted, buzzing around the robot's head as he reached into various pouches and grabbed handfuls. "And why, I mean - if you had ever decided to not be an ego-maniacal dickweed, think of how you could've actually helped people with a power like that! I'm sure you've heard the whole spiel before though, so I won't waste my time!" He continues as he takes another lap. "Instead I'll just say - think fast!" He flies by the front of the robot's head and unleashes a whole plethora of grenades, bombs, drones, and pulsers directly into the thing's face -er - cockpit, er - whatever, flinging them with all his might. So long as it distracted him, kept him off balance, and importantly, didn't let Peter get squished, it was good.

Going to Solo d10 this (as I have been abandoned as bait, which leads me to) With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility d8, Superhuman Strength d10, Weapons d10, and an extra d6 from Pumpkin Bombs, along with Tech Master d10, creating an Obscuring Complication on the Purple Ronin.

@LifeGetsWorser: 4d10+1d8+1d6 Obscuring the Purple Ronin! = (9+6+5+4)+(8)+(5) = 37

That is a 17 with a d10 Effect die!

Let's let Harpy go next, since Peter clearly forgot about her!

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3856728&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post484037235

@Lager: 5d8+2d10 Red Ronin Reaction (4x Buddy, Mecha Samurai, Sensors, Calibration SFX, Energy Shield) = (8+4+7+3+6)+(3+10) = 41; 18 with a d10 effect to avoid the complication.

As the Goblin's assault begins, Purple Ronin's attention is focused on the flying hero intently. The massive robot brings up his arm, and a bright blue energy begins pouring out of it's wrist, forming a massive shield. Deflecting the bombs as best it can, Purple Man frantically flips between controls, diverting power to the robot's sensors in order to maintain a clear view of his target. While the Purple Ronin is under assault, Harpy takes to the air once more, soaring through the air and battering Green Goblin with her wings to draw his attention. Then, with the surprising agility she displayed at the beginning of the attack on the penthouse suite, she suddenly spins in the air and slashes her talons at Peter in an attempt to try and disembowel the hero.

@Lager: 2d6+2d8+2d10 Harpy Assault! (Team, Winged Fury, Flight, Godlike Reflexes Stepped Back by Talons, Talons, Acrobatic Master) = (4+2)+(8+5)+(7+9) = 35; Have to remove the highest rolling die, so 15 with a d10 (d8 stepped up) Physical Stress! Tagging Gwenpool!

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Peter didn't see Harpy's attack coming, because frankly, he had forgotten she was still conscious after the blow she took earlier.

The Goblin was in the middle of being a bit gobstopped that Kilgrave had managed to shrug off his assault, so he didn't so much try to get out of the way of her so much as blithely ignore her attack as it scratched harmlessly off his armor. His own enhanced toughness as a result of the Goblin serum sure worked, but the fact of the matter was the operational density of his Vibranium/UMF weave armor made most attacks relatively harmless. It was enough to make him notice, as he sort of rocked back and forth a little, hovering in front of the Purple Ronin, but then he slowly turned his head and regarded the deflected Harpy with a grin that somehow was obvious through the mask.

"You're still here? Bad idea."

Solo d10, Monster Hides d8, Enhanced Durability d8, Superhuman Durability d10, Tech Master d10, Harpy's Stress d12

@LifeGetsWorser: 3d10+2d8+1d12 Tanking the Harpy = (6+1+7)+(4+6)+(9) = 33

That's a 16 with a d10 and 1 opportunity to ignore that Harpy strike

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

"Ohhhh..." Slapstick stared up at the Robot. Okay. That might be a problem. Her aura only extended out so far, and this guy's suit was... like at least 5 sizes too big. For the first time in as long as she could remember, Slapstick felt a sense of dread. This wasn't an enemy who'd be effected by her genre rules.

"What do I do? What do we do? It's huge!" She looked to the rest of her team, who also seemed surprised.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

PP: 2 | XP: 0 | Stress: n/a | Complications: Motivated Mind Control d4

"Ugh, there is never a Godzilla when you need one.", Gwenpool gripes, looking up at the massive robot. Then to her sword in her hand. Then to the robot. Then, the sword.

She tosses the sword away, and then just kind of hops downward, vanishing into the Gutterspace. After a moment, she searches around, before finding a panel of the Purple Man at the controls. Pulling a submachine gun, she looks at his head, frozen in time. "Wait- should I be doing this? Is this right?" She ponders. "Well, I mean, I probably can't even technically at this point, they'd never let me get away with just killing him, I mean, they wouldn't even let me get rid of Paste Pot Pete-"

Then, she slaps her forehead. "Wait, what am I, Parker? I don't need to have some personal crisis, this is the Purple Man." She levels the gun.

*click*

The sound of the gun misfiring as she aims echoes between panels, jamming fiercely. After a moment of failing to clear the bullet furiously, she tosses the gun away, as it falls into some panel carelessly. "Fiiine. Antics it is!" Reaching into the panel, her arm emerges, pressing a putton as her hands pop into and around the Purple Man's cockpit as she dips her hands into panels, aiming to just flip switches and jam on buttons. "Activate... I dunno, this- or that? Ha ha, launch every Zeb."

Rolling to create a Out of Control complication for the Purple Ronin, spending 2pp (one to keep an extra power die and another for Beat the Devil?). The roll is Team d6 + Metafictional Funnybook Fan d4 (gain 1pp) + Intangibility d12 + Panel Control d8 (added for 1pp) + Covert Expert d8 + Beat the Devil? d10 = 18 with a d10 effect, no opportunities, and gaining 1 pp from the distinction.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Wait, where was... Gwen! Slapstick stared up at the robot's head. Her heart was up there with her! Wait... Her heart was up there with Gwen! This would be weird, and bizarre.

But that was pretty normal for Slapstick.

Slapstick stuffed her head into her chest. Wrigging deeper and deeper. Until she came to the door on the other side. She knocked politely on it. Opening it up and sticking her head out through it. Out of the pendent around Gwen's neck.

"Hi, sorry to both-" She stopped. Looking at the purple man, then at Gwen. Gosh she was pretty from this angl- Focus girl, focus. "Gwen? You know, like, nerd stuff, right? What's a really big cartoon genre? Where the characters are all big and stuff?

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

PP: 2 | XP: 0 | Stress: Physical d4 | Complications: Motivated Mind Control d4

"Aaaaaa-", Gwen manages, flailing at the head momentarily. "Wait, did you get decapitated or...?" She looks confused for a moment, then just shakes her head. "... nevermind, have you tried mecha? I mean, it seems obvious given you're fighting one, but kaiju gets a little weird in animation, so- robots. Transforming or otherwise." A slight pause. "Um, so do you just go out the way you came in?"

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

"Eastern? Oh man, ahh, I guess it can't be helped." Slapstick reasoned with herself. The panel plane wasn't well known for Western and Eastern animation to get on well. There was a war and everything, you know! She smiled sweetly at Gwen's follow up question. "Oh, sure I can get out! Just gotta, nrg!" Slapstick freed one of her arms, reaching above her head and pulled a chain just off camera. There was the sound of a toilet flushing, and Slapstick spun around as she was sucked back through the hole. The little 'door' closing behind her. Leaving the inside of the mech in a stunned silence.

Back outside Slapstick freed her head from her chest with a pop, and eyed the giant robot in front of her. Something big, something big...

With a sudden twirl, the usually cartoony Slapstick is replaced with... well, uhhhh.... this?

"Haiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! Un! Watashi da! Chou Kawaii!! Ima made subarashii! Dotabata to moushi masu surappusutikku Desu!"

She points at the Purple Man's robot dramatically! Lines appearing around her pointing inwards!

"Ima, watashi ha kyoudai na robotto ni naru shi, Gwen wo hozon wo miru! Kanojo ha amari kawaii shi, kanojo ni kisu wo! Watashi ha choudo sore nitsuite kangae te sekimen rakisutanokiwami!

Now she was holding her cheeks and getting all embarrassed.

"Sou desu! Watashi ha ki wo tora re te eru koto ga deki nai! Kore wo shi te mi masho u!"

With a flash, and an incredibly over animated sequence. Slapstick began to transform into a giant anime as gently caress robot!

Now to-! Agh! GOd this was super awkward to move with!! Slapstick-Chan stumbled as she moved. Not used to being this size... or this detail heavy!

- - - -

SidekickBOTToday at 8:53 PM
@Arashiofordo3: 1d10 + 1d8 + 1d8 + 1d8 + 1d8 + 1d8 Slapstick used GIANT ROBOT PUNCH! Team D10 + Living Cartoon D8 + Weapon 2D8 (SFX: hammer time) + Enhanced Strength D8 + Acrobatics Expert D8 = (9)+(2)+(4)+(2)+(6)+(2) = 25

Roll Result: 12
Effect Dice: D8

Tagging: Purple Man I guess....?

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3856728&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post484037235

Streets of New York

Goblin gets a PP for the opportunity. As for rolls...

@Lager: 3d8+1d10 Giant Robots Are Complicated! (4d8 Buddy, Imprinted on Pilot, Calibration Focus) = (3+7+5)+(8) = 23; 15 with d8 effect for defense, so Purple Ronin gets a d10 complication!

@Lager: 4d8+3d10 Defense vs. Slapstick (4d8 Buddy, Built to Battle Giant Monsters, Super-Heavy Plating, Calibration Focus, Energy Shield) = (7+7+6+4)+(1+3+5) = 33; 14 with a d10 effect, so wins that one!

As Gwenpool flips random switches and yanks on random levers, the robot begins to lurch in odd ways, looking almost like Elaine Benes dancing merrily away. The Purple Man curses as he looks around, seeing Gwen's arm disappearing into nothingness as she finishes her work, just in time for Slapstick to...go full Gundam. Kilgrave barely has enough time to slam the controls back into their proper configuration before Slapstick's robot punch slams forward, but he manages to raise the Purple Ronin's energy shield and deflect the blow. The impact nearly knocks the robot backwards on its butt, but fortunately for the nearby buildings, it stays upright. Kilgrave's eyes narrow in annoyance.

The Purple Ronin finally goes on the attack, then, lifting it's massive Honzo Steel. Charging towards the now-massive Slapstick, it slashes across the Anime Mecha with the Solar Sword. Kilgrave hopes to take care of at least one annoyance in a quick and brutal fashion.

@Lager: 3d8+1d10+2d12 SOLAR SWORD! (4d8 Buddy, Mecha Samurai, Godlike Strength, Calibration Focus, Energy Weapon, Solar Sword) = (7+8+3)+(7)+(3+5) = 33; Have to remove the 8, but add three dice making this a 19 with a d12 effect die. I won't be an rear end in a top hat and add any other dice to the total.

Elijah Snow is next!

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

PP: 0 | XP: 8

The sword slams into Slapstick in a cut that would have been completely lethal. But Slapstick was feeling anime as gently caress right now. So instead there was a shower of sparks. She stumbled back. Yelling more crazed babble!

"Yaa!" Slapstick-Chan's voice echoes through the speakers as she takes the blow! Heavy breaths followed. "Haa haa haa, such a powerful blow! But I am fighting for a greater power! The power of love! And friendship! But mostly love! I refuse to fall! I refuse to give up! My heart demands that I! Slapstick-Chan! Fight for the love that burns brightly in my chest!" she yells out in Japanese.

- - - -

Spending 1 PP to activate SFX - Invulnerability. Spend 1 PP to ignore any physical trauma or stress unless caused by cosmic forces.

- - - -

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Elijah
PP: 1, XP 1, d10 physical stress

"I swear to God I am going to throttle her..." Elijah grits his teeth at the terrible Japanese. He stares up at the robot, eyes narrowing.

"...hm. I think I know your design..." While he could probably try to ice up the Purple Ronin's joints, it'd make him a gigantic target, and Elijah is, for all he doesn't age, quite mortal and squishy. Instead, he starts playing with his phone as he heads for cover. He flicks through a number of blueprints as he does. "Japanese design...meant to fight the - why does everyone keep calling them radioactive monsters, they're not radioactive at all...ah well. In the feet..."

Elijah looks up at the machine, then gestures, sending a thin string of ice along the ground. It creeps up the foot of the Purple Ronin, not nearly enough to keep it from moving. Barely noticeable.

"In the feet, magnetically reinforced cables that can with stand hundreds of tons of pressure once locked in."

The ice, meanwhile, grows in the cracks of the panels holding the cables ready, as Elijah attempts to finesse them open and get them to activate without actual input from the Ronin or its pilot, chilling the circuits enough to work as superconductors so that the machine thinks they're on.

@morsrattus: 1d10+1d10+1d12+1d6+1d8+1d12+1d10 Team+I Need to Know Everything+Heat Subtracting+Frozen Solid+Tech Expert+Avengers Assemble+Out of Control = (5)+(2)+(6)+(5)+(4)+(10)+(6) = 38

16 with a d12 Effect Die (stepped up to a d20 effect die by Frozen Solid) to increase Out of Control

Tagging Goblin.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Bookkeeping Post

Streets of New York

@Lager: 5d8+2d10 Red Ronin Defense (4xTeam, Built to Battle Giant Monsters, Sensors, Calibration Focus SFX, Elijah's Stress) = (1+2+2+1+2)+(8+3) = 19...which is an absolutely terrible roll. Looks like the complication will get pushed up, and one of the dice will get knocked out for Purple Ronin. Down to 3 affiliation dice.

Between the sabotaged controls and the elemental attacks of Elijah Snow, Purple Man momentarily loses control of the robot, causing it to crash into a nearby building. One of the arms is severely damaged, but he manages to right the massive robot and swings about. The massive robotic head stares at Elijah, seemingly finding a new target for the Purple Man's fury.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

PP: 1 XP: 4 Stress: d4 Physical Complications:

Seeing Elijah's Iceman impression take it's toll on the giant robot, Peter raises his arm and "Woop!"s triumphantly. Of course, things were never that easy, but it was certainly enough to refocus the Goblin to the task at hand.

Harpy forgotten again for a moment, Peter unloads on the Ronin with his arsenal again, heaving grenades with as much force as he could muster - which was quite a bit - at the Purple Man's ride's legs.
shouting over the din at the Avengers below. "Keep the big idiot off balance, yeah? Dude clearly doesn't have a proper handle on his controls! Everyone focus on one point - it's not glowing red or anything but I bet the legs'll topple if given enough of a push!"

Team d8, Wisecracker d8, Superhuman Strength d10, Weapons d8, Combat Expert d8, Avengers Assemble d12

@LifeGetsWorser: 4d8+1d10+1d12 Sweeping the Legs! = (4+1+8+3)+(10)+(11) = 37

woah, a 21 with a d8 effect and 1 opportunity to cause stress to the Ronin. But hell, I'll spend a PP and make it a 29 instead, just to make it worse.

And I'll tag Bullseye, too!

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

@Fuzz: 1d8+1d8+1d10+1d8+1d10 Buddy, target, reflexes, weapon, combat master = (1)+(2)+(5)+(8)+(7) = 23
15 with D10 effect of FLASHBANGED.

Dropping off the zipline to land on the Ronin's shoulder, Bullseye spreads her arms slightly to catch her balance as she scans the head and torso of the robot, frowning slightly at the lack of hatches or vents.

"Gotta love that seamless Japanese engineering..." she mutters as she draws an arrow, thumbs the timer, and lets it fly out directly in front of the big robot's face with a high pitched SKREEEE as it explodes in the space right in front of the Ronin's "eyes" with a flash of blue light and static discharge, tendrils of electricity arcing all across the front and sides of the big, dumb robot's face as the EMP dissipates.

She glances at Fury, "think you can pry some sort of way inside this thing?"

Tagging Harpy

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Bookkeeping Post

Streets of New York

Goblin, you sonuvabitch...Take a PP, and Purple Ronin will be acting at full power now - I eased up in the first round off using the full 4d10 solo, but Harpy is not of commensurate power so he's going full steam ahead now to represent poo poo escalating in this round. Luckily, you knocked him down a die so you will only be dealing with 3d10 affiliation dice.

@Lager: 4d10+2d12 Purple Ronin Defense vs. Gobbo (3xSolo, Mecha Samurai, Super Heavy Plating, System Allocations, Calibration Focus, Energy Shield) = (2+3+9+10)+(4+10) = 38; Spending a d8 from the Doom Pool to make it a 29 with d12 effect. Ronin'll take a d6 of stress to one affiliation die.

Bullseye also takes a PP. Using both character's opportunities to bump 2d8s into 2d10s in the Doom Pool.

@Lager: 4d10+1d8 Purple Ronin vs. Bullseye (3xSolo, Imprinted On Pilot, Sensors, Calibration Focus, Bullseye's Stress) = (5+8+1+5)+(7) = 26; 15 with a d10 back at you. I'm so very tempted to cheap out and use a d8 from the doom pool here...That said, won't be as easy to feed into that complication so it'll just sit there as an extra die until his next affiliation die gets taken out. He'll take the d10 complication.

The Purple Man suddenly finds himself beset on all sides as the Exiles begin a seemingly coordinated assault. Following Elijah Snow's ice attack, Bullseye launches a flashbang arrow to blind the robot's sensors and prevent Kilgrave from adequately defending against the Green Goblin's pumpkin bombs. Though the massive robot brings its energy shield up to deflect the worst of the assault, the robot flails about somewhat in confusion at the situation at hand.

Harpy, searching the ground for easy prey, settles her gaze on Sir Nicholas Fury, formerly of Her Majesty's Services Most Secret. Screeching loudly, she swoops towards the swordsman and prepares to catch him in her talons, planning to drop him from about a hundred feet up, but Hercules slams into her moments before she makes contact, saving his friend from a grisly fate.

Some gamma-irradiated bird women just can't catch a break.

@Lager: 2d6+2d8+2d10 Harpy Assault! (Team, Winged Fury, Flight, Godlike Reflexes Stepped Back by Talons, Talons, Acrobatic Master) = (4+1)+(6+1)+(1+8) = 21; Goddammit. 14 with a d6 effect.

@Lager: 5d10+2d8 take two = (6+9+5+6+10)+(7+8) = 51; That's not loving happening. No reduction to asset there.

Tagging Miss Fury

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

2 PP, 11 XP, d6 Emotional stress, d10 mental stress

"Bigger machines always have bigger design flaws. And this is the biggest one I've fought yet."

Leaping over Bullseye toward the head and neck of the massive machine, she flexes he mystically strengthened claws, and quickly scans for a seam, an access panel, a point of articulation, to sink them into. The Landkreuzer P. 1000's had been lousy with them, and Il Centauro hadn't fared much better for having arms and a head. This robot might have been a cutting edge design by future standards, but it was still essentially a tank, and it was designed to fight, and defend against, other tanks. Infantry always had the advantage up close.

---
Going to apply some tank busting experience to the problem. I'm invoking my Focus SFX to merge my Buddy and Regular Hellcat die into a d10, Enhanced Strength d8, Vehicle Expert d8, Blinded by the Light complication d10, I'm going to add the Cat Claws SFX for another d6, and stepped up effect. 2d10 + 2d8 + 1d6 = (7+7)+(7+7)+(2)

Spending a plot point to buy an extra effect die, to make that a 21 with d12 effect for physical stress on Purple Ronin. 1 opportunity.

pp -1 = 1 remaining.

Tagging Slapstick