Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I used to go to Wrestlezone and we had chat room wars with prowrestling.com. gently caress I’m old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i miss egm because it was probably the only US gaming magazine to feature a game on its cover and then in the review section straight up tell you it loving sucks and not to buy it. also the copyright section on the end of each magazine would have dan hsu's insane ramblings snuck in there.

Yessss I loved EGM and Hsu's stuff

Wish I kept a couple of my old mags just for the nostalgia

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I hung out on the Prodigy BB and Wrestlechat moderated by Bob Ryder.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

I posted on wrestlingforum dot com before it became whatever it is now. there was a feud with the wrestletalk dot com forums, but I can't imagine how that really worked.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

I hung out on TPWW for years before coming here.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

I was a child of culture and prestige. I only posted on the gamefaqs Pro Wrestling Boards when I wanted to share my sizzling, almost certainly incorrect takes about 2004 wrestling.

another place I would visit from time to time.

was also a EGM guy. had every issue ever at one point but I moved and sloughed off the collection.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Aesop Poprock posted:

While looking up ecw barely legal 97 reviews I found this amazing time capsule of how everyone that wasn’t Meltzer wrote about wrestling on the internet in the early 2000s

http://insidepulse.com/2002/03/05/46872/

I am so disappointed the link to Dave Meltzer's Halloween doesn't work :smith:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Genericide posted:

I posted on wrestlingforum dot com before it became whatever it is now. there was a feud with the wrestletalk dot com forums, but I can't imagine how that really worked.

An alt-right misogynist shithole is what wrestlingforum dot com has become. I occasionally post some quotes from there in this thread. Because there are some real bad opinions there.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

irc.msn.com 6667 #prowrestling

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I love that everyone attacking Dave is using the argument "Bruce Pritchard says ..."

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
rec.sport.pro-wrestling

thats also where i found SA

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009
I posted on wrestlingfigs.com, read 411 and inside pulse but never posted, found this place, and now Twitter and Reddit.

Somehow this forum seems to be the best so gg fellas.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
The first site I read regularly was Wrestleline, then 411. I’ve only ever posted on the forums here and the old Scotsmanality forums.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Tito Wrestling is on Twitter and recently had a days-long argument with Meltzer as both were too stubborn to give up.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012
Any other CZWFans forum refugees on here?

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I lurked thesmartmarks dot com constantly during the early-mid 2000s and posted there occasionally before it went to complete poo poo, and I still read DVDVR every now and then.

I'm also still waiting on Scotsman to review WCW Thunder.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
I read CRZ a lot, I liked him. He gave match times, and things, which were massively important for some reason.

I was on a1wrestling, after a bunch of people were alienated on 1wrestling.com. It was run by massive narcissists and populated by cunts, but I imagine that's standard for any message board. That was from like 99 to 2009, I think.

It's kind of mad to think you spend a lot of your life interacting with people you never see.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Von Linus posted:

I read CRZ a lot, I liked him. He gave match times, and things, which were massively important for some reason.

I was on a1wrestling, after a bunch of people were alienated on 1wrestling.com. It was run by massive narcissists and populated by cunts, but I imagine that's standard for any message board. That was from like 99 to 2009, I think.

It's kind of mad to think you spend a lot of your life interacting with people you never see.

Raymond Stereo.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Fauxhawk Express posted:

I lurked thesmartmarks dot com constantly during the early-mid 2000s and posted there occasionally before it went to complete poo poo, and I still read DVDVR every now and then.

I'm also still waiting on Scotsman to review WCW Thunder.

Thesmartmarks podcast was pretty decent until it turned into really lame injokes and not enough screaming about TNA.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I was questioning the idea of the all women's PPV at first, but now I'm all for it because it makes the alt-right mad.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

yup, when I think of extremists feminism icons, the first person is Stephanie McMahon

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

coconono posted:

yup, when I think of extremists feminism icons, the first person is Stephanie McMahon

so does she

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'm glad Stephanie McMahon brought feminism to america with the women's revolution

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

DarkstarIV posted:

I'm all for it because it makes the alt-right mad.

Pretty good life lesson, really. Imagine being this angry that women were getting treated well.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

They already had the greatest royal rumble

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

DarkstarIV posted:

I was questioning the idea of the all women's PPV at first, but now I'm all for it because it makes the alt-right mad.

"It's been like hundreds of years ago" or, uh, since 1920.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Corrode posted:

"It's been like hundreds of years ago" or, uh, since 1920.

Entirely unrelated, that's 2 years to a century.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Chuds have never been good at math, that's part of the reason why they're chuds.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I hope the all women's PPV is named Hell for an Incel.

I know it won't be, but it would amuse me.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

DarkstarIV posted:

lmao

if whoever makes the gdt doesn’t use that for the thread title, J-Ru must ban them

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

WrestleMRAnia

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
MGTOWITB

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Nothing will beat Hell for an Incel and it is folly to try

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

The Greatester Royal Rumble

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DarkstarIV posted:

This is the funniest thing you've ever posted. Lmao.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

DarkstarIV posted:

:emptyquote:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
On Wrestle Forum, the Greatest Royal Rumble apparently no longer exists.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He’s right, the women draw higher ratings than most of the men.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
incels are a mystery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Low hanging fruit but whatever.

Fun fact, the majority of the people bitching about this have avatars of NJPW wrestlers. Like Kenny Omega. Or Tanahashi. Or Hiromu.