Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Hey I googled a little for you, found this. Maybe it'll work?

http://www.re4hd.com/?page_id=1513

Hey dude, much appreciated for taking the time to look for this. Sadly I've tried that and it's a no-go.

Tried turning off the TabletInputService is task manager, no difference. Tried verifying my files, no change. Tried verifying my files after disabling my Windows Defender, no good. Tried using the 4GB Patch tool located you linked, nada. Tried running in windowed mode and/or running at 30FPS instead of 60FPS. Doesn't change anything.

I did finish the main game though so that's a feather in the cap at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Dino crisis 2 is way better than 1 and about 1000x more mental.

Adam Vegas
Apr 14, 2013

Finished Real Survival mode as Jill in REmake. Tbh it wasn’t too bad, I’d learnt the mansion well enough that I found it all pretty simple. Somehow managed to kill the Crimson Elder in only 3 shotgun shots which was surprising but very welcome!
Hardest enemies actually ended up being the ordinary zombies; I didn’t create any Crimson Heads and I actually find the Hunters way easier to run past as they have a wind up before they start attacking, so you can sprint past them very easily. Only things that killed me were the ordinary zombies and a Chimera in the labs; Tyrant 1 went down like a chump because I let Barry die and stole his Magnum.

Beat the game in 3:22; galling, got so close to the Infinite Rocket Launcher...

gently caress I love this game. 3 back to back playthroughs and I’m already itching to go back for more!

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Dino Crisis 1 is almost a great game but it gets held back with the puzzles that are not nearly as fun to work out than the classic Resident Evil games. Dino Crisis 2 is a much simpler, much more dumb game but it absolutely nails what it set out to do which was basically go crazy with action setpieces with dinosaurs.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Yeah I always find the Hunters way easier to deal with, but stray zombies I'm still always wary of. Those lunges man, don't always seem to come when you expect them to.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I seriously want to get a PC just to play REmake Randomizer, it's so loving cool.

I saw there's now options to allow/disallow the bosses in your seed. So you can have rooms with multiple Lisas or Super Tyrants if you're up for it.

Apparently if you're in a room with a box or something you can climb on, tyrants can't touch you. I saw a streamer climb on the box at the start of the residence and blow away two normal tyrants with the grenade launcher.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Yes. Box wine drink the gently caress out of code veronica, and weep that you will never know Steve's original haircut
Oh come on, it's one search away.

Oh gently caress, I just made the experience even worse with that advice.

Adam Vegas posted:

I let Barry die
This is simply unforgivable.

ZogrimAteMyHamster fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jul 23, 2018

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Neo Rasa posted:

but it's Claire's inexplicably there and fine motorcycle that would extremely own. :D Like just make that her thing in every game from now on. Ada Wong throws Leon a rocket launcher out of nowhere, Claire's motorcycle is just there whenever she needs it to escape an exploding place.

Just like the end of Full Throttle :allears: in some ways it could be like when you have to ride a jetski at the end of RE4

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Alright so I beat the two fatties on Madhouse but ammo situation is looking pretty bad. I got maybe 1-2 shotgun shells, 1 magnum shot and bunch of normal (read useless) handgun ammo.

Jack could be a major roadblock for me but there are probably ammo pickups in the next area. Also your inventory doesnt carry over to the next part but Im worried about the section in the caves and final boss.

Replaying Remake was a cakewalk compared to this.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I just finished resident evil 7 for the first time. What a great game.

I do agree that the game has some really weird pacing around the time you get to the ship and the caves. Like the whole turning over control to Mia and having about a hour session where you start from zero inventory and get stuff all over again is just weird and when you're in the caves there's so much ammo and enemies that it's just pure action game at that point.

Also it was weird we never got Lucas transforming or a random rear end grandma fight at the end. But the rest of the game is so stellar, I'll overlook that.

Can't wait to play it again. I'll take a break but I have dlc to check out and I'll probably do a speed run to get the second ending.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Not a Hero follows directly on and shows the rest of Lucas story so check that out. It's not amazing but the last boss fight is fun.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Ineffiable posted:

Also it was weird we never got Lucas transforming or a random rear end grandma fight at the end. But the rest of the game is so stellar, I'll overlook that.

You fight Lucas in the DLC. As to the second one, uh...

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Ineffiable posted:

I just finished resident evil 7 for the first time. What a great game.

I do agree that the game has some really weird pacing around the time you get to the ship and the caves. Like the whole turning over control to Mia and having about a hour session where you start from zero inventory and get stuff all over again is just weird and when you're in the caves there's so much ammo and enemies that it's just pure action game at that point.

Can't wait to play it again. I'll take a break but I have dlc to check out and I'll probably do a speed run to get the second ending.

*high five*

Overall I think RE7 is probably one of the best fps games I've played. The atmosphere, graphics and even the animations make it very immersive and Jack is one of my favorite boss fights (theres almost MGS style fuckery going on) Also traditional survival horror mechanics are in full effect here, especially on Madhouse (which Im trying to desperately beat atm)

The "grandma" is Eveline who is suffering from rapid aging.

WaltherFeng fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jul 23, 2018

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I'm away for work but I went home on the weekend, having bought RE7 a couple weeks ago but I still wont play it. Not home alone.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

DeadButDelicious posted:

Hey dude, much appreciated for taking the time to look for this. Sadly I've tried that and it's a no-go.

Tried turning off the TabletInputService is task manager, no difference. Tried verifying my files, no change. Tried verifying my files after disabling my Windows Defender, no good. Tried using the 4GB Patch tool located you linked, nada. Tried running in windowed mode and/or running at 30FPS instead of 60FPS. Doesn't change anything.

I did finish the main game though so that's a feather in the cap at least.

This is late, but I'm sorry it didnt work for you, but I'm glad you got to finish it! It really sucks when a game has crashes and you cant source the problem to anything.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

WaltherFeng posted:

*high five*

Overall I think RE7 is probably one of the best fps games I've played. The atmosphere, graphics and even the animations make it very immersive and Jack is one of my favorite boss fights (theres almost MGS style fuckery going on) Also traditional survival horror mechanics are in full effect here, especially on Madhouse (which Im trying to desperately beat atm)

The "grandma" is Eveline who is suffering from rapid aging.

Oooh thanks for the clarification I didn't quite catch that.

And thanks for all the other info everyone. I'll start Not a Hero as my first dlc since it seems to work like a epilogue of sorts.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

I'm probably too much of a wuss to play RE7 so I haven't picked up a copy yet, but I did buy physical NTSC PS1 copies of RE2 and RE: Director's Cut (bad music version). I can handle PS1/PS2 level horror pretty well at this point. :v:

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I had RE:DC Greatest hits, RE2 and 3 black labels as a kid, and like a dumb kid sold it all. I did get a black label copy of RE2 again though that I still have, not as concerned about the others. I still cant find my RE2 Perfect Guide since the move, was looking again this weekend and ditto. I gotta find that, I'll be crestfallen if its lost.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

codo27 posted:

I had RE:DC Greatest hits, RE2 and 3 black labels as a kid, and like a dumb kid sold it all. I did get a black label copy of RE2 again though that I still have, not as concerned about the others. I still cant find my RE2 Perfect Guide since the move, was looking again this weekend and ditto. I gotta find that, I'll be crestfallen if its lost.

If you didnt have the versus Pokemon guide you were a loving scrub on the schoolyard.

I need to find my bradygames re2 guide

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

gently caress it, let's just go ahead and pick up RE3 as well. The UK-based online retro game store I often buy stuff from recently got a whole bunch of US PS1 and PS2 games in stock, and if I was slightly less broke I'd buy a lot more of them.

edit: I'm European but prefer to play on NTSC consoles, in case you were wondering what the hell I'm going on about

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Jul 23, 2018

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Looking at the custom handgun image...man, what a crazy loving idea. I mean, I guess. There cant be any handgun attachment irl like that is there?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

When I was a kid I was too terrified of Crimson Heads to play Remake. So my first RE games were RE0 and the GCN RE2.

Of course when I finally played Remake in the Wii it turned out to be my favorite in the series, and you only have to face 2 crimsons if you’re careful!

RE2 is my second favorite but I have the most copies of it. I went GCN - N64 - digital PS3. I kinda want to get the Dreamcast port even though I don’t know when I’d have time to play it.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Doc M posted:

gently caress it, let's just go ahead and pick up RE3 as well. The UK-based online retro game store I often buy stuff from recently got a whole bunch of US PS1 and PS2 games in stock, and if I was slightly less broke I'd buy a lot more of them.

edit: I'm European but prefer to play on NTSC consoles, in case you were wondering what the hell I'm going on about

Can I ask what sites you're using please?

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Smirking_Serpent posted:

When I was a kid I was too terrified of Crimson Heads to play Remake. So my first RE games were RE0 and the GCN RE2.

Of course when I finally played Remake in the Wii it turned out to be my favorite in the series, and you only have to face 2 crimsons if you’re careful!

RE2 is my second favorite but I have the most copies of it. I went GCN - N64 - digital PS3. I kinda want to get the Dreamcast port even though I don’t know when I’d have time to play it.

Its the only version that had the model viewer. If nothing else it's good to have

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Convex posted:

Can I ask what sites you're using please?
https://www.retrogames.co.uk and http://gamesworldbodmin.co.uk/ are my go-to online stores for retro stuff, although eBay often has better deals.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Btw I read that supplies and even enemies on Madhouse are randomized as opposed to simply being arranged differently compared Normal.

Is this true? Can any RE7 vets confirm this?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

So I been playing RE2 for 20 years and I never knew that the flaming Tyrant is trench coat guy.

Also, a MAC-11 SMG takes up 2 inventory slots but a big ol custom shotgun only takes 1. And why does putting that little flute mouthpiece on the DE make it more powerful somehow? Who dreamed all this up

You can read the guide pictured above here. Some parts are almost as if written by goons, before goons existed

Finally, essential watching. Skip to the last couple minutes if you must.

codo27 fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Jul 23, 2018

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Doc M posted:

https://www.retrogames.co.uk and http://gamesworldbodmin.co.uk/ are my go-to online stores for retro stuff, although eBay often has better deals.

Thanks very much!

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009

codo27 posted:

Looking at the custom handgun image...man, what a crazy loving idea. I mean, I guess. There cant be any handgun attachment irl like that is there?

You mean the VP70 with the burst fire stock? It's a legit real gun that did as promised.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W6XuqfQCl8

Incidentally, first polymer handgun, years before Glock cornered the market on that.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Gun people are crazy people.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Oh man the not a hero and end of Zoe dlc is fantastic. I know some people had an issue with some of the prices of the dlc but I maintain its almost never a good idea buying it separately and you get a great deal on either the gold edition of the season pass.

This is honestly some of the best dlc I've played (the Witcher 3 stuff is an exception because they're practically entire games on their own). It expands the universe and allows you to play other characters. I hope we get something like this in resident evil 2.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

I'd be very suprised if Capcom isn't at least thinking how to fit a condensed version of Jill's campaign to RE2. Since RE2 is essentially a reimagining of the story, they could easily fit RE3 there with a 15-20 buck dlc.

WaltherFeng fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Jul 24, 2018

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

WaltherFeng posted:

I'd be very suprised if Capcom isn't at least thinking how to fit a condensed version of Jill's campaign to RE3. Since RE2 is essentially a reimagining of the story, they could easily fit RE3 there with a 15-20 buck dlc.

I dont know if they would condense it down like that, but I would be incredibly surprised if they didnt reuse Racoon City in the REmakening 2 for something related, ala Outbreak or RE3.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

A. Beaverhausen posted:

I dont know if they would condense it down like that, but I would be incredibly surprised if they didnt reuse Racoon City in the REmakening 2 for something related, ala Outbreak or RE3.

Suddenly got Umbrella Corps chills.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
If Capcom don't have the time or resources to squeeze it in I could see 4th Survivor as DLC, which would be lame but understandable. What I think would make the best reuse of assets would be a retelling of the fall of the RPD, or a retelling of the Outbreak File 2 scenario set in the RPD. Could even have Marvin as the player character for it.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Oh my god now I'm dreaming of Outbreak in this engine. Way to raise the bar on simply 'Bring back Outbreak' to 'Make Outbreak the perfect game'.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

codo27 posted:

Custom handgun from what game? The one from RE0 that Rebecca makes with the upgrade parts?

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Revelations 2 is on Xbox Game Pass so I thought I'd give it a shot. Pretty fun so far, I fumbled around a bit in the opening chapter and got pretty frustrated (the rotating flamethrower "security device" was being a jerk about the button prompt to rotate it), but now I'm playing as Barry and he is just the best dad. :allears:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there's a trick in that segment where you can hide under the spinning blade and eventually enemies stop spawning. it's pretty funny to do once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

ishikabibble posted:

Custom handgun from what game? The one from RE0 that Rebecca makes with the upgrade parts?
Nah, the VP70 upgrade for Leon in RE2. As pointed out, it really is a thing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W6XuqfQCl8

Edit:
Pissing around in Revelations 2 just to farm rare parts in Raid and it's making me tear my hair out over just how loving rare "Auto-Shot" is.