Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
https://twitter.com/RobotZo/status/1021138181012377601

:cripes:

Ah well, at least it didn't technically get through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Waffleman_ posted:

The scans we get are based on leaks that come out before the issue hits sale, and therefore are still illegal. Like, the first time one could get the most recent chapter legitimately in Japan was yesterday.

Ah, entirely fair. I've been out of the day to day piracy scene for too long.

(Plus I forgot Jump comes out on sundays)

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Say Nothing posted:

Swole bunny seems to be popular for a character who's only appeared twice.

I hope we get Miruko's actual color scheme soon. I remember being really thrown off when I found out Bubble Girl actually had blue skin.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

We need more green people

https://twitter.com/singto_u/status/1021433917855825920

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
That's the kind of fan art I can see getting people uncomfortable with this arc, though it isn't the manga's fault at all. It basically ignores all of Endeavor's characterization into making some cute/meme-y "good boy" nonesense. The one further back where the situation is reversed and Hawks is the one with a child Endeavor on his lap actually gets the dynamic right, since it was Hawks who was guiding and supporting Endeavor during this arc.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Do you think Deku was the type of person to write fanfiction, particularly about All Might? Random thought I had.

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

He's more the sort to obsessively edit the hero's Wikipedia entries I think.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
Yeah Deku strikes me as the Non-Fiction type of obsessive fan.

Charlie Bobson
Dec 28, 2013

Mraagvpeine posted:

Do you think Deku was the type of person to write fanfiction, particularly about All Might? Random thought I had.

his only joke is his ability to perfectly mimic all mights face

he has definitely written all might fanfiction, and he has been living it out for the past year

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

Fabricated posted:

I honestly feel sorry for the girl because of the reactions of others in the tweet thread.

"God, why didn't she ask about the things I want to know about. Why wasn't she banned from the event for asking an awkward question?"

It was her question, and the presenter already chose not to have Horikoshi answer it. It feels like they are piling on because "a stupid girl is into a thing I like" and is pretty gross.

Charlie Bobson
Dec 28, 2013

Fabricated posted:

wow the audacity

how dare she ask a question she was interested in the answer to

it's kind of a cringey question but it's not actually offensive or rude or anything (even if horikoshi obviously ships deku and ochako)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I do understand why it would be seen as a bad idea for the creator of a work to make an official comment on ships, since people can get really worked up about that stuff.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
She should have been given the opportunity to ask something else instead of just getting poo poo on for asking a dumb thing. It sounds like she had to work up a ton of courage to stand at the mic and to get punished so hard for it is pretty tragic.

Charlie Bobson
Dec 28, 2013
we should dunk on the people who get really mad over shipping, not on people who merely like to pair their cute anime people together

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Charlie Bobson posted:

wow the audacity

how dare she ask a question she was interested in the answer to

it's kind of a cringey question but it's not actually offensive or rude or anything (even if horikoshi obviously ships deku and ochako)

Yeah, there are tons of much worse things she could have asked about. It was a dumb question, but nothing to get so worked up about like some of those twitter comments are.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

I do understand why it would be seen as a bad idea for the creator of a work to make an official comment on ships, since people can get really worked up about that stuff.

Yeah they can get death threats and such.. which something Horikoshi does not need more of

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Did language evolve when i wasnt looking and we now refer to official couples as ships too

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Rhonne posted:

I hope we get Miruko's actual color scheme soon. I remember being really thrown off when I found out Bubble Girl actually had blue skin.

Wait what?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Shipping is quite the slippery slope and something I never really put much stock in
Crack shipping, on the other hand...

https://twitter.com/_gabrielpicolo/status/1021058750571073536
It's fun mixing drinks and discovering new flavors
https://twitter.com/microrockets/status/1021320073812705281

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Nihilarian posted:

Did language evolve when i wasnt looking and we now refer to official couples as ships too

But what if he writes one couple as romantically involved but secretly ships another?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Horikoshi is a Bakugo/Uraraka shipper and it's disgusting.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah, Nighteye's assistant from the Overhaul arc has blue skin. I was confused too when I found out.

I also thought Uraraka was blond for the longest time before seeing her in color.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Nihilarian posted:

Sort of what was bound to happen once enough ships became official, or even "official," especially since it's short for "relationship". I think it still leans heavily toward the matchmaking/speculative side of things, though.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I ship Mineta with a restraining order.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Horikoshi is a Bakugo/Uraraka shipper and it's disgusting.

Gross. Dekuraka or bust. It's too pure and good.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Efb

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jul 23, 2018

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Catchup update - I just finished the Stain arc. Trying to read at least 10 chapters a day.

This is so good. :3:

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Dr Subterfuge posted:

She should have been given the opportunity to ask something else instead of just getting poo poo on for asking a dumb thing. It sounds like she had to work up a ton of courage to stand at the mic and to get punished so hard for it is pretty tragic.

Actually, she was given the opportunity to ask something else.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Onmi posted:

Actually, she was given the opportunity to ask something else.

Not according to the person who started that thread

https://twitter.com/RobotZo/status/1021146012751048705

E: also I wish I knew how to not link that other tweet that's being responded to because it gives me the same feeling it's describing.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
The Miruko thirst is real, yo. Equal-opportunity lusting from both sides of the aisle. http://thegreatpeanut.tumblr.com/post/176180244754/miruko-saved-my-life

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Stairmaster posted:

Dekus dad is saitama

Male pattern baldness is no joking matter.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Taking a look at Miruko's outfit it does seem that she has a similar type of setup as Deku does in regard to foot gear.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Rhonne posted:

Yeah, Nighteye's assistant from the Overhaul arc has blue skin. I was confused too when I found out.

I also thought Uraraka was blond for the longest time before seeing her in color.

Bubble Girl was a fan submitted character, if I recall correctly, that was colored in the original submission.

It's really common in manga for brown haired characters to not have their hair inked. I'm not really sure why, and it doesn't help when characters like Bakugo are legitimately blond

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

We only have like 6 days to make an entire chapter, do you think we have time for halftones?!

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Hunt11 posted:

Taking a look at Miruko's outfit it does seem that she has a similar type of setup as Deku does in regard to foot gear.

stop staring at her feet dude

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's hard not to when they're clobbering dudes in the face.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
"STOP STARING AT MY FEET," she shouted, her foot firmly breaking the villain's eye socket.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Stairmaster posted:

stop staring at her feet dude

They are just so long and thick that it is hard not to be distracted.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Not according to the person who started that thread

https://twitter.com/RobotZo/status/1021146012751048705

E: also I wish I knew how to not link that other tweet that's being responded to because it gives me the same feeling it's describing.

Oh, I completely misread that in the opposite way. Maybe I was trying to believe in the express goodness of humanity and altered it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I wish people would care less about things that don't harm anyone. Like just enough to make them not be mean about someone who was probably already super nervous and scared. I've tried to talk to well known people I admire before and it's terrifying.