Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

howe_sam posted:

I mean the cast was saying the crossover last year drat near killed everyone involved and there was no way they were going to do it again like that, so that might also have been why they scaled back a little.

Just thought that they should have the Legends show up at the end, after it's all over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Davros1 posted:

Just thought that they should have the Legends show up at the end, after it's all over

"Hey guys! What'd we miss?"

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

I would love this

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

That would be perfect.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
And of course it's joy-filled, happy as all heck Ray who delivers that line.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Him or Nate yeah obviously

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
https://twitter.com/LoTWritersRoom/status/1020766909669638144?s=19

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Some new stuff, some stuff from last season:

https://twitter.com/TheCW_Legends/status/1020828270433046528

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I want to live in this world.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
The most important thing from Comiccon:

Beebo crashed the panel.

...and then...

https://twitter.com/ComicUno/status/1020826857401344000

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Gary going to cause Original Sin.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

I am tickled by the implication that the "rising darkness" that kept getting foreshadowed in the dark serious NBC drama Constantine was "a bunch of stupid time travelers loving up"

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Gary doesn't count.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
"You seriously think Legends is the best DC show right now?"

Nope. I know it is.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Inkspot posted:

"You seriously think Legends is the best DC show right now?"

Nope. I know it is.

Go watch Black Lightning.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Not even close.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Watched it. Liked it. Still...

Rhyno posted:

Not even close.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Tom Wilson has been cast as Nate's father. You know they're going to do so many BTTF jokes in that episode.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Apparently they aren't bringing Amaya back but instead Masie Richardson-Sellers will be playing a new character.

Also they're bringing in comedic actress Ramona Young to play "Alaska Yu" who will be an expert on fantasy creatures.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Do you think that when Matt Ryan signed on to play John Constantine, the Hellblazer on network studios NBC that he ever expected...........this........to be the end result

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

BrianWilly posted:

Do you think that when Matt Ryan signed on to play John Constantine, the Hellblazer on network studios NBC that he ever expected...........this........to be the end result

I think he's probably just happy to keep playing Constantine on TV after NBC loving buried the show in cement because they didn't know what to do with it. Luckily, Greg Bertlanti happened to own a diamond-tipped bore...

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

We should just be lucky that he loves the character so much that he wants to keep playing him

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BrianWilly posted:

Not even a little.

Davros1 posted:

We should just be lucky that he loves the character so much that he wants to keep playing him

This. I'm hoping he does some midwestern cons because I really want to meet him and continue my LoT cast member hug session.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
I'm in San Diego right now visiting my sister, coincidentally during ComicCon, and last night we went out for dinner and then all got to enjoy the late-night post-SDCC shennanigans in Gaslamp/downtown - including what happens when there are thousands of nerds and only one Taco Bell:

So we swing into a hotel next door to the convention center for a bathroom break, and whom do I see at the urinal? Dominic freaking Purcell. After we've both done our business and headed out, I introduced myself and told him he's my favorite Legend (a fact), and he graciously acceded to a photo op - only for me to discover my phone had died a little earlier. Well, that's my disappointing SDCC story.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Well gang, Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee is really bad this season (god Jerry is a boring rear end in a top hat sometimes) and I'm back.

I'm on S2E3 and we're catching up with Rex getting murdered by Eobard. Now Rex's ex-girlfriend is systematically donkey punching everyone on the ship. God the Justice Society are assholes.

Brandon Routh actually did something useful by making... An actual useful hero in Steel. Oh and then he got everyone sucked into space. Wow. I love the Time Idiots.

...Of course an immortal fascist joined the Reagan administration.

I am up to S2E7 now and I just get the feeling that either they don't know how to write the other Arrowverse characters when they are on LoT, or those characters are really dumb and bad. It would be nice also if they gave any tipoff of when they were going to do a cross-over episode or how to track on that over streaming.

This is a waaay better show than last season and I liked last season. It's funnier in its knowingly lame way and dispenses almost entirely with the Very Serious Plotlines, or failing that makes them halfway interesting. Christ the hawkpeople were awful. Now it's down to the professor regarding his alternate timeline child as a time abomination, which is subtly still kind of hilarious, just like everything.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Wait till you get to the George Lucas episode. That is where the show attains Peak Legends status and we’ve been living on the other side of the event horizon of it ever since.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Sodomy Hussein posted:

god Jerry is a boring rear end in a top hat
No poo poo

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Habibi posted:

I'm in San Diego right now visiting my sister, coincidentally during ComicCon, and last night we went out for dinner and then all got to enjoy the late-night post-SDCC shennanigans in Gaslamp/downtown - including what happens when there are thousands of nerds and only one Taco Bell:

So we swing into a hotel next door to the convention center for a bathroom break, and whom do I see at the urinal? Dominic freaking Purcell. After we've both done our business and headed out, I introduced myself and told him he's my favorite Legend (a fact), and he graciously acceded to a photo op - only for me to discover my phone had died a little earlier. Well, that's my disappointing SDCC story.

That level of screw up makes you an honourary legend.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Argue posted:

I am tickled by the implication that the "rising darkness" that kept getting foreshadowed in the dark serious NBC drama Constantine was "a bunch of stupid time travelers loving up"

It's why Manny didn't tell him. He knew Constantine wouldn't believe him because it is so dumb.

"What's coming?!?"

"Well, a bunch of time travellers are going to fight a time demon and release it on purpose, then use the power of friendship to create a giant stuffed animal to pile drive the demon into oblivion and that will release a bunch of mythological creatures across time. Also, you are going to start playing D&D."

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Habibi posted:

I do get a kick out of nerds at cons slamming one food spot and not walking literally a block to something that's completely dead.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Sodomy Hussein posted:

I do get a kick out of nerds at cons slamming one food spot and not walking literally a block to something that's completely dead.

That Taco Bell is a steak house.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

And that's why they won the Fast Food Wars

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

So far I definitely think S2E7 (the one where they do a bargain bin Avengers storyline with the Dominators--yes, even more bargain bin than Justice League) is the weakest episode this season. It's a little crowded with characters, the writing is designed to resolve a two-hour storyline in 44 minutes, and never has it been more obvious that they go cheap on sets, with most of the action taking place in weird parking lots and the tops of warehouses. I super hate the Flash's nerd friends and the show actually has way too loving many nerd characters at this point.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Showrunners have confirmed that Rip will stay dead for the time being as Arthur Darvill won't be appearing on this season.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

muscles like this! posted:

Showrunners have confirmed that Rip will stay dead for the time being as Arthur Darvill won't be appearing on this season.

Man, Darvill really got short changed by Legends in the long run, didn’t he? :(

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I dunno, he might have had other commitments which is why he had less screen time.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Rhyno posted:

I dunno, he might have had other commitments which is why he had less screen time.

That's one of the big thing that seem to kill off and return characters, sometimes at random. But when opportunity knocks (a recurring character suddenly has to "disappear")

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Rhyno posted:

He did, the last season of Broadchurch bit into a lot of his time in season 2 for instance.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

howe_sam posted:

He did, the last season of Broadchurch bit into a lot of his time in season 2 for instance.

Oh. I didn't know that. Well I'm more okay with that now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Sodomy Hussein posted:

So far I definitely think S2E7 (the one where they do a bargain bin Avengers storyline with the Dominators--yes, even more bargain bin than Justice League) is the weakest episode this season. It's a little crowded with characters, the writing is designed to resolve a two-hour storyline in 44 minutes, and never has it been more obvious that they go cheap on sets, with most of the action taking place in weird parking lots and the tops of warehouses. I super hate the Flash's nerd friends and the show actually has way too loving many nerd characters at this point.
You know that was a crossover with 3 (well, kind of only 2) other shows right? I think the Legends episode was the last part of it.

e: I mean it wasn't a very well written crossover, the story was kind of thing and the main good thing about it was seeing all the characters interact together (some for the first time).