Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
What if we just let Aaron Judge pitch every 5th start?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The Yankees better watch themselves. Boston is playing Baltimore this week and the Yankees LOVE to poo poo the bed in Tampa. We could be 8-9 out in a few days.

https://twitter.com/MazzNYDN/status/1021461675277471744

Jeez, Journalism is a poo poo business.

Gary embarrassing himself on both sides.

Andujar is the only guy other than Judge on this team playing well right now and there are guys in here who can't wait to dump him.... SMDH.

lol @ this team catching boston. They can't beat a team who starts bad middle RP's and has the great JiMan Choi hitting cleanup.

Boone loving sucks. What an embarrassment this game was. Also, nice job running that out Gary. thanks for showing up.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jul 24, 2018

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
does that run not count because it was a force even though they botched the force?

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
I hate the rays

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Stanton was only 4 for 4 in this game, who wants him up against a lefty with the bases loaded. Lets bunt the 3 hitter who shouldn't be hitting 3rd to get to the 5 hitter who shouldn't be hitting 5 and who hits 080 with the bases loaded in his career. gently caress off. 6 back and falling fast.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

why is Boone having anybody bunt with Stanton hot and on deck though

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Looks like the Yankees have taken that whole "they'll still win 100 games if they play .500 ball the rest of the season" thing to heart.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Sanchez should be benched for a week after that joke of a performance. He's utterly embarrassing himself.

The Yankees are also in these games because the WHOLE TEAM dogs it in these games just like Sanchez did tonight. Do you see Boston in these death struggles with poo poo teams night after night? They beat these teams brains in every night.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jul 24, 2018

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Gary played down to the worst people have said about him tonight, just unacceptable.

Carlosologist posted:

why is Boone having anybody bunt with Stanton hot and on deck though

GOTTA MANUFACTURE RUNS!

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jul 24, 2018

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

How about this, if you're gonna bunt your 3 hitter, he shouldn't be loving hitting 3rd.

AppropriateUser
Feb 17, 2012
mcmagic... is right.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

AppropriateUser posted:

mcmagic... is right.

Whoa... les not say anything we can't take back.

Romine should be the starting catcher though.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Lumpy posted:

Romine should be the starting catcher though.

For the rest of this series, sure.

yankeehomo
Jul 20, 2018
Gary has gotten way too much hate in his time as a Yankee for stuff he shouldn't be hated for. Tonight's game is telling those detractors, "everything you say about me is right." There's some big issue with Gary. And I'm still not going to say he's a lazy POS like a lot of "fans" do, because he's not. You can't be a major leaguer if you are. But his mentality is awful. Will it be this way forever? It doesn't have to be. He can get better, he can fix his poo poo. But "can" and "will" are two very different things.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

yankeehomo posted:

Gary has gotten way too much hate in his time as a Yankee for stuff he shouldn't be hated for. Tonight's game is telling those detractors, "everything you say about me is right." There's some big issue with Gary. And I'm still not going to say he's a lazy POS like a lot of "fans" do, because he's not. You can't be a major leaguer if you are. But his mentality is awful. Will it be this way forever? It doesn't have to be. He can get better, he can fix his poo poo. But "can" and "will" are two very different things.

The 2017 --> 2018 lack of progression is very worrying. I don't even care about the hitting, it's him regressing even more behind the plate and being out of shape which is clearly the reason he got hurt and probably a big reason why his catching hasn't improved either.

https://twitter.com/Yankees/status/1021746309546565633

lol

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Jul 24, 2018

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I know the Yankees want Britton but he doesn't seem to me to be anywhere near the same pitcher he was before last season.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

mcmagic posted:

I know the Yankees want Britton but he doesn't seem to me to be anywhere near the same pitcher he was before last season.

He's suffering from an acute case of "being on the Orioles" this year.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Why do we need Britton when our clear weakness is that we only have 2 starters and also somehow lose to the Orioles and Rays non-stop?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

mikeraskol posted:

Why do we need Britton when our clear weakness is that we only have 2 starters and also somehow lose to the Orioles and Rays non-stop?

It makes sense to double down on the bullpen if there are no good starters available...

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I also saw rumors that the Yankees were talking with the O's about Britton and Bundy/Gausman. I would be interested in Bundy for sure.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Inspector_666 posted:

I also saw rumors that the Yankees were talking with the O's about Britton and Bundy/Gausman. I would be interested in Bundy for sure.

Bundy is awful. He's given up TWENTY THREE homers in 108 innings.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Bundy's slider is elite and his fastball is good when it's fast (and the Yankees have a good track record of helping velo, if nothing else.) I'd be willing to take that gamble, especially given how poo poo bad O's pitch coaching is.

He's not the fix, but I think it's worth a try?

EDIT: I mean, the SP market is nobody. Eovaldi is the only person who could be got for less than a king's ransom who hasn't doused himself with gasoline and lit an entire book of matches over the past several starts, right?

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jul 24, 2018

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
https://twitter.com/Buster_ESPN/status/1021835352791830530

:smithicide:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

They are a better team with Romine than this version of Sanchez. They have to get him right.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

mcmagic posted:

They are a better team with Romine than this version of Sanchez. They have to get him right.

If you can't draw the line from "ongoing groin injury" to "Sanchez is playing like a shell of himself" I don't know what to tell you.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

At least hustle chat is over, thankfully

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Inspector_666 posted:

If you can't draw the line from "ongoing groin injury" to "Sanchez is playing like a shell of himself" I don't know what to tell you.

Also draw a line to him being out of shape.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

mcmagic posted:

Also draw a line to him being out of shape.

:rolleyes:

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Inspector_666 posted:

Back in my day you just rubbed some dirt on it, furthermore.....

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
I had a groin injury playing softball this year. Couldn't imagine catching with that poo poo. They had to park me at first for half the season. Any lateral movement was an exercise in pain.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

I'm pretty frustrated with the New York Yankees baseball team right now to be honest.

Edit: Honestly when is the last time they won a game?

mikeraskol fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jul 25, 2018

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

This lineup should be better than this.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/1021909177063628800

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

There is no mediocre tampa pitcher mediocre enough not to pitch 5 innings and give up 1 run against this "great" lineup.

Sure. I like just keeping him away from the astros.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Jul 25, 2018

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/jonmorosi/status/1021916841461964800

#hugwatch

Edit:
https://twitter.com/Joelsherman1/status/1021918195345760256

ihatepants fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jul 25, 2018

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

This makes no loving sense to me.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

mikeraskol posted:

It makes a lot of sense. Their starters suck so shorten the games in the playoffs. Bonus, you block the Astros.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/Joelsherman1/status/1021923785291780097
https://twitter.com/Joelsherman1/status/1021924706289692673

mikeraskol posted:

Yankees have a huge 40 man roster crunch coming again this offseason. They needed to trade away some of their surplus of prospects. Adams, Holder, Sheffield need to be added in addition to these three that were traded.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

The question is... how will Gary Sanchez do while trying to catch some of Britton's sinkers? I'm afraid it could get ugly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Traded three likely Rule 5 casualties for another solid lefty, I'm into it.

• Locked thread