Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

ArbitraryC posted:

To clarify the odds right now with 1 town, 1 maf, and 1 neutral dead, b- a confirmed target of maf n1

b- has a 1/12 chance of being the neutral killer
everyone else has a 4/12 chance of being either mafia or killer

If we gonna force a roleclaim with votes (and I think we should, it's way better for town to use the 3 trials than not to), it's better to go with literally anyone other than b- unless you have some really strong read on him. Odds of us outing an important town role over a fakeclaim are much higher with b- than anyone else.

I already posted my reasons for voting Sal specifically but I think staying on B- is a bad choice regardless of who people wanna switch to. Either way it's better for us to pick someone and force something to happen than just waiting around.

god dammit whoever told me maths wouldn't help later in life lied

##unvote

i need to go back and read why you're all voting sal incandenza

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

SalTheBard posted:

Nobody is that mother loving pure! KASHUNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

is this is? is this what we're looking at?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Beetphyxious posted:

There's not a lot to go on but keep in mind hammering someone doesn't auto-kill them in this game. It takes us into a 12 hour phase where they get to post a defense and we all DM/PM Mord whether we think they're guilty or innocent. This isn't your dad's mafia.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Arb wants us to hurry and get someone up because we can put 3 people on trial per day and the days only last 72 hours regardless of if we have a trial or not. And when you consider that once we have someone on trial we burn 12 hours without being able to put anyone else up, it's important as town to not waste time.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

We've picked Sal because b- is a statistically weak choice for a first trial. I think his "Wow." post pinged Arb enough that it's worth getting him on trial to get some info on his night action or maybe even a full claim.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Beetphyxious posted:

I won't be up too much longer but to clarify

1. voting to force roleclaims is in general good for the town in this format, there's still a large window to not lynch them during the trial if you find their claim plausible. There's a reason you're given up to 3 trials. Even in worst case scenario the faster you identify the 3 random town roles the faster there's no space left to claim for scum.
2. b- is prolly the worst target for town if we're just looking for info, while he's not off the hook entirely (and no one should forget that) it's still more likely to out a legit town role claim than anyone else.
3. Sal was here when the thread reopened, posted without really saying anything, and ducked out. Other lurkers would be good to bring up too but imo this just a bad look.

Just vote him up, force a claim, then see how the guilty/inno/abstain votes fall. It's better to do this now when we have a chance to see how things play out without a guaranteed lynch than to wait until last minute to act.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

SalTheBard (3): ArbitraryC, Hal Incandenza, Mr. Humalong
ArbitraryC (1): merk
b-minus1 (0): Beetphyxious, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Beetphyxious

Not Voting (8): Anomalous Amalgam, Atomic Soda, b-minus1, Beetphyxious, chaoslord, IcePhoenix, PMush Perfect, SalTheBard

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 26th, 2018 at 9 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 2 days, 20 hours.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

ArbitraryC posted:

I won't be up too much longer but to clarify

1. voting to force roleclaims is in general good for the town in this format, there's still a large window to not lynch them during the trial if you find their claim plausible. There's a reason you're given up to 3 trials. Even in worst case scenario the faster you identify the 3 random town roles the faster there's no space left to claim for scum.
2. b- is prolly the worst target for town if we're just looking for info, while he's not off the hook entirely (and no one should forget that) it's still more likely to out a legit town role claim than anyone else.
3. Sal was here when the thread reopened, posted without really saying anything, and ducked out. Other lurkers would be good to bring up too but imo this just a bad look.

Just vote him up, force a claim, then see how the guilty/inno/abstain votes fall. It's better to do this now when we have a chance to see how things play out without a guaranteed lynch than to wait until last minute to act.

okay i finally get what we're doing

##vote sal

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I.............................................am free..................................................................................................:ghost:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
You probably don't want to pick me but ok.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

ArbitraryC posted:

The thread reopened at 10pm CST. I wonder what I could've been doing? Maybe loving sleeping.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Also went are you idiots voting for B-? Why would scum try to NK another scum?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

SalTheBard posted:

The thread reopened at 10pm CST. I wonder what I could've been doing? Maybe loving sleeping.

How dare you sleep

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
More like Clowns of Salem am I rite

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ur rite

##vote Sal

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

##vote Sal

If we're gonna do this let's at least get the timer started so that there's still time left in the normal american day/night cycle to talk after wards.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

merk posted:

More like Clowns of Salem am I rite

:drat:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm not allowed to be shocked by 3 deaths in a night?

I signed up not expecting to play, got in right away and made one joke phase post before thread locked. I made 2 posts and went to sleep. This somehow makes me scum?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Lol this is so loving stupid.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Sal this is the part where you claim and list night actions

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I guess I'm hosed either way

Lookout, watched B- saw 3 people visit. Thanks for killing me you assholes.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

SalTheBard posted:

I'm not allowed to be shocked by 3 deaths in a night?

I signed up not expecting to play, got in right away and made one joke phase post before thread locked. I made 2 posts and went to sleep. This somehow makes me scum?

Save it for the defense phase

##vote sal

Okay now you can defend yourself

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm not begging for my life because I'm either going to get Nk'd or Roleblocked and that's pretty much the same to me as getting d1 cuddled. Looking at my results they are pretty much worthless. Good job scum you are off to a good start!

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

SolusLunes posted:

Sure, why not? I've never done a mafia. How hard could it be?

(spoiler alert I probably die in day two)

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Why would we blow a 12-hour time block after he's already claimed? We can do the whole vote/no vote thing right now. If you believe the claim, vote someone else.

I, for one, believe the claim.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'm not so sure.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I for one really want to just be cuddeled since I will either be NK'd anyways, roleblocked or bus driven. There is really no point to having me around. All it's going to do is frustrate the gently caress out of me.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I also am not quite sure that I like this whole massclaim approach. This isn't a browser game that we are playing in fifteen minutes, even though it's built on that model. Why would we play this any different than normal mafia?

Aren't we better than the Town of Salem community at this game? Why are we absorbing their completely stupid strategy?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Holy poo poo I’m popular

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
We are absorbing a stupid strategy because we are stupid ourselves.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

b-minus1 posted:

Holy poo poo I’m popular

You're head of the class.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

b-minus1 posted:

Holy poo poo I’m popular

You're the quarterback.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
wait a second. if you are lookout, you would be told the names of everyone that visited me.

##vote sal

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

b-minus1 posted:

wait a second. if you are lookout, you would be told the names of everyone that visited me.

##vote sal

I have the names but it didn't matter. ArbC, Solus and Kash all visited you. Do you see why my results are worthless?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

SalTheBard posted:

I have the names but it didn't matter. ArbC, Solus and Kash all visited you. Do you see why my results are worthless?

Two of them are dead and Kash was replaced out for ArbC who died bodyguarding you.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

SalTheBard posted:

Two of them are dead and Kash was replaced out for ArbC who died bodyguarding you.

Mord this is why replacing Kashuno with ArbC was a bad idea lol

ArbC1 - bodyguard b-, died protecting
Solus - mafioso - killed by bodyguard
Kashuno(ArbC2) - visited b-, action unknown. Alive.
SaltheBard: lookout, watched b-

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote Sal

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I mean Sal could be telling the truth, but I really don't think he is.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Sal's frustrated claim seems like he pieced together a believable claim from what we learned from the flip and OP setup spec.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Sal's frustrated claim seems like he pieced together a believable claim from what we learned from the flip and OP setup spec.

It is a pretty conveniently buttoned up claim based on in-thread communications.

• Locked thread