Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

yeah it's kind of weird but expected that many fans of njpw would think women are a different inferior species who aren't worth their time when taken seriously. they're used as slaves in that company

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Please Maria’s rear end was paid a fair wage. And still gets a royalty check.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

His name is Mike.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
:laffo:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It's weird that a company run by white supremacist honoring rapists have fans with bad opinions about women.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

MassRafTer posted:

It's weird that a company run by white supremacist honoring rapists have fans with bad opinions about women.

i never heard this about njpw please explain

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

but that company has all the buzz!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MotU posted:

i never heard this about njpw please explain

The "Internet Wrestling Community" doesn't want you to hear it, need I say more? They even have their roster in on the hate crimes.

Tama Tonga has driven the troops and the redheads insane.

Then he called this guy a Flame rear end Dorito.

You might think this was a troll, but the guy then searched "Flame rear end Dorito" and blocked people who made fun of him. Thanks to oat and raul for the screen caps as everything got deleted.

Also this person has a bug up their butt about Kenny Omega lately.

https://twitter.com/vicofthevalley/status/1021151579796328448

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Jul 24, 2018

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Why would you post the 30 minutes minimum thing at the one time of the year when he's forced to put on 30 minutes maximum matches?

DarkstarIV posted:

Low hanging fruit but whatever.

Fun fact, the majority of the people bitching about this have avatars of NJPW wrestlers. Like Kenny Omega. Or Tanahashi. Or Hiromu.

Would love to know what these people think about the Golden Lovers or Hiromu's love/hate relationships.

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jul 24, 2018

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Why would you post the 30 minutes minimum thing at the one time of the year when he's forced to put on 30 minutes maximum matches?

Would love to know what these people think about the Golden Lovers or Hiromu's love/hate relationships.

Nothing we need to read. I realize the point of this thread is to post bad hot takes but it'd probably be even worse than the anti- women's wrestling crowd with much more bigoted language.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Nothing we need to read. I realize the point of this thread is to post bad hot takes but it'd probably be even worse than the anti- women's wrestling crowd with much more bigoted language.

Yeah, I meant that more in a mocking choice of their favourites. Don't actually dig up their takes about that stuff, Darkstar.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Flame rear end Dorito is hilarious.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Flame rear end Dorito is hilarious.
:yeah:

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

MassRafTer posted:

The "Internet Wrestling Community" doesn't want you to hear it, need I say more? They even have their roster in on the hate crimes.

Tama Tonga has driven the troops and the redheads insane.

Then he called this guy a Flame rear end Dorito.

You might think this was a troll, but the guy then searched "Flame rear end Dorito" and blocked people who made fun of him. Thanks to oat and raul for the screen caps as everything got deleted.

Also this person has a bug up their butt about Kenny Omega lately.

https://twitter.com/vicofthevalley/status/1021151579796328448

That dude also has a website which is devoted to taking pictures of people who put bags on the seat beside them. Not confronting them or anything, just taking their photo and making nasty comments about them. Highly strung imo.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Hot take twitter is loving exhausting.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Gonzo McFee posted:

Hot take twitter is loving exhausting.

in the same way you still have to have a permit despite the 2nd amendment, we should consider one for the 1st and for much the same reasons

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Here's a fun response to the "how dare they run a women only ppv", a list of the 110+ WWE ppvs that were men only.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/91d7bw/for_anyone_asking_if_theres_ever_been_an_allmens/

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

Here's a fun response to the "how dare they run a women only ppv", a list of the 110+ WWE ppvs that were men only.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/91d7bw/for_anyone_asking_if_theres_ever_been_an_allmens/

WrestleMania 29 not having a women's match, not even a "let's just get everyone on the show" one....man.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

projecthalaxy posted:

I was a child of culture and prestige. I only posted on the gamefaqs Pro Wrestling Boards when I wanted to share my sizzling, almost certainly incorrect takes about 2004 wrestling.

the WWE Games (Social) board is still alive as a facebook group and we're all friends who know each others real names now.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

D.N. Nation posted:

WrestleMania 29 not having a women's match, not even a "let's just get everyone on the show" one....man.

There was a mixed tag with Cody, Sandow, and the Bellas against Brodus, Tensai, and the Funkadactyls which was cut for time, but it’s still shocking they didn’t even bother with the Divas title.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
It’s low hanging fruit to be sure, but Scott Leith actually republished his “Hot Poker Up the rear end” rant for WWA. How he could look at that in 2018 and not be completely embarrassed is beyond me.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

CopywrightMMXI posted:

It’s low hanging fruit to be sure, but Scott Leith actually republished his “Hot Poker Up the rear end” rant for WWA. How he could look at that in 2018 and not be completely embarrassed is beyond me.

Scott Keith must be a proud multi-time Hulkamatt of the Week award winner.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/raulisonline/status/1022884336561864705?s=19

Sounds likes PROGRESS Mecca is happening.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Were his ears burning when I said how stupid it was on the podcast a few weeks ago?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I am unfamiliar with this rant. Is it as bad as it sounds? What is it even about?

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

projecthalaxy posted:

I am unfamiliar with this rant. Is it as bad as it sounds? What is it even about?

Instead of star ratings for matches he uses hot pokers up the rear end for poor match quality. In this rant he threatens to shove hot pokers up Jeremy Borash’s rear end, and the worse the match is the more pokers he gets. It’s bad.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Instead of star ratings for matches he uses hot pokers up the rear end for poor match quality. In this rant he threatens to shove hot pokers up Jeremy Borash’s rear end, and the worse the match is the more pokers he gets. It’s bad.

He did it for WCW too, using bottles of Surge as sign he liked something the idea being the surge would cool the burning.

Except soda is carbonated and contains sugar, so it's probably going to make things worse

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

projecthalaxy posted:

http://blogofdoom.com/index.php/2018/07/27/the-smark-rant-for-wwa-the-revolution/

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Seems bad, Mr. Rafter.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

projecthalaxy posted:

Seems bad, Mr. Rafter.

It might be worse that he thought The Inception was a good show.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Scott Keith's a pretty messed up dude. Like the only version of Mike Layno(or however that dentist guy's name was spelled).

bbchops
Jul 26, 2001

Ho ho ho! I'll have the same again!
Nap Ghost

Haha, the PROGRESS group is pretty lovely, but they're mostly just massive babies about spoilers and perceived slights.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

bbchops posted:

Haha, the PROGRESS group is pretty lovely, but they're mostly just massive babies about spoilers and perceived slights.

so britwres in general?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

At best they'll get a Noam Dar or Jack Gallagher IF WWE even let them book someone. (Gallagher wouldn't be a bad replacement for ZSJ, to be fair.)

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

Scott Keith's a pretty messed up dude. Like the only version of Mike Layno(or however that dentist guy's name was spelled).

At least Lano took good pictures

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Please refer to Scott Keith as the netcop

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

oldpainless posted:

Please refer to Scott Keith as the netcop

The Chris Regal Memorial Thread for Netcop Busts

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I had no idea Scott Keith was even still around. What about CRZ?

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Codependent Poster posted:

I had no idea Scott Keith was even still around. What about CRZ?

CRZ quit writing regular wrestling columns back in like 2002. He ran/still runs a wrestling board at http://the-w.com I used to kick around on, and it looks like he still posts here and there, but he hasn't done the real thing in a long-rear end time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

It blows my mind that the netcop is still alive and still churning out the same content he was in 1998 (but with sarcastic commentary inserted because it's easier than editing).

The King Lear rant is a true classic, and even now Scooter describes it as his "most popular and famous essay".

The ramblings of a weird, weird individual. http://www.rspwfaq.net/2012/12/six-million-pageview-request-king-lear.html

There's also Lazarus, his inexplicable follow up: https://411mania.com/wrestling/lazarus-the-rise-of-the-wwf/