Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

Kevyn posted:

“The Rise And Fall... And Continuous Downward Spiral” would be a more accurate and also more appealing subtitle

Surprised he didn't call it "My Struggle".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Ellis put up on his Instagram that he quit radio but deleted it and is still at Siriusxm as far as I can tell.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Opie having listeners is more believable than Jason Ellis having fans

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

JFC posted:

Surprised he didn't call it "My Struggle".

I mean, that would have been pretty funny.

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Throw it out the airlock.

Victorkm posted:

I mean, that would have been pretty funny.

And we all know he's still hilarious.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
https://streamable.com/saz4n

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

lol

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.

I wonder were Jim got his uncle Paul character from, Jesus.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Video got yanked. I'm assuming Anthony is doing pedo poo poo again?

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

Cory Lidle posted:

he said that hes loving is brothers girlfriends daughter. hahahahahaha ho-lee poo poo!

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

ol yeller posted:

he said that hes loving is brothers girlfriends daughter. hahahahahaha ho-lee poo poo!

"Said" doesn't do it justice. He boasted it to nobody in particular, then seemed to be waiting for applause or something at the end.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Reince Penis posted:

"Said" doesn't do it justice. He boasted it to nobody in particular, then seemed to be waiting for applause or something at the end.

He raised his hands up like "look how loving awesome I am", like he was about to do a bow.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
I'm Anthony Cumia shamefully copyright claiming this video

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Cory Lidle posted:

This one works. https://streamable.com/7a33s

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Throw it out the airlock.
Meanwhile in "things that totally happened" news:

https://twitter.com/OpieRadio/status/1022270746897338370

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

BrandonGK posted:

Lol
https://twitter.com/OpieRadio/status/1022840215029915648?s=19

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
Hashtag Opie Radio!

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
the live Opie podcast is out and he accidentally reveals that there are under 20 people in the audience.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

BrandonGK posted:

gdi with the ambiguous rear end tweets

it's a sure sign nothing happened if he can't even say who called him let alone when or why

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

ol yeller posted:

the live Opie podcast is out and he accidentally reveals that there are under 20 people in the audience.

I do improv in the suburbs and we get better crowds than this.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

fawkin buried that cocksucka

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
wha happen

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
"there's"

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

2 likes

One for each show he helped

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

This is bad but honestly the only reason I ever listen to Jim & Sam these days is if they talk poo poo about Opie, and even then it's gotten stale

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Jim & Sam generated no new memorable side characters... like I've been listening to this show multiple times a week since they launched it, and I don't think I could tell you the difference between a Shitloaf, or D-Bag, or Hot Dog, or Troy. I don't even know if they are all on the show still. I think Troy is supposed to be like 'in a band' cool and one of them is a compulsive gambler (Anthony?). None of these guys produces even a Dennis Falcone or Roland level sense of character, and they are too ambiguous to just be a stand-in for easy jokes like E-Rock == fat.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

Speaking of Troy, he totally murdered his girlfriend, right?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
What happened in Tampa, Fez?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

Jim & Sam generated no new memorable side characters... like I've been listening to this show multiple times a week since they launched it, and I don't think I could tell you the difference between a Shitloaf, or D-Bag, or Hot Dog, or Troy. I don't even know if they are all on the show still. I think Troy is supposed to be like 'in a band' cool and one of them is a compulsive gambler (Anthony?). None of these guys produces even a Dennis Falcone or Roland level sense of character, and they are too ambiguous to just be a stand-in for easy jokes like E-Rock == fat.

Does Jim still only bring on female interns so he can have the same sex/relationship conversation he's had with every woman on the show for the past 15 years?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

I had to quit listening because I couldnt take Sams dolphin cackle anymore. Troy is a DJ and he totally killed his ex. Pushed her off a cliff to be exact. All those guys are still there and Roland is their booker/producer or something.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Is he talking about "Who are these podcasts?". Its a great show and they have a regular segment now where they make fun of Opies show. Im guessing the other show is Cumias show?

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

theirs*

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
they talk about opie and anthony on cum town sometimes which is appropriate since cum town is more or less the closest thing to O&A from back when we thought anthony was only being ironically racist

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
"If Trump wins, he'll just appoint Cumia to take over NPR. 'YEAH, AND HERE'S WHAT IT STANDS FOR: BOOOOOOOOOP AND PUERTO RICANS!' Bobo would be hosting All Things Considered."

a bitchin jetski
Jun 20, 2018

by SA Support Robot

Jim and Sam had Vos on today and Rich mentioned that Opie didn't have him on that often because he had claimed "it's hard to do radio with Vos or Colin".

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1A9lvIwMVUs

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire is funnier than Opie's podcast.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Gosh, I guess the reunion is out the question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I dunno what it is but this doesn't really work. As it is it's just an old man and a nobody he pays to be his friend for 8 hours a week. Plus, the opesters tweet is actually correct. All of the separate shows suck rear end but at least they aren't a geriatric screaming into a tin can about liberals and black people. Maybe if Jim was there for this bit it could've worked.