Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

by.a.teammate posted:

Great! i'll start a new game tonight then

Have fun! Even without NEXT as is the game is super chill and cool, so have a good time! :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

So what time is the patch expecting to drop? I kinda want to break the game by having a fleet

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

In 4 minutes.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
If steam updates at the same time as the Xbone launch, which... is not guaranteed.

(I hope it is)

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Are we supposed to be counting down now?

There's still the download of 8GB.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
I am watching this thread with bated breath. I really wanted to like no man's but dodged it by accident when it first came out. Now if it finally realizes even just a minecrafty survival in space game with friends I'll probably try it

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.
Seems they've deleted all the old reviews off the NMS Steam store.

Steam currently has NO reviews for any game at all. Seems to be a bug. Sorry! Timing was just perfect.

tehsid fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Jul 24, 2018

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Wait, seriously... Oh this will not go down well at all.

According to a Eurogamer article, there is a window of between now and two hours for the PC update to come through.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

tehsid posted:

Seems they've deleted all the old reviews off the NMS Steam store.

Pahaha

That's not shooting yourself in the foot, that's loading up a slug and decimating it.

E:

Oh its a bug that's not as fun.

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.

PowerBeard posted:

Wait, seriously... Oh this will not go down well at all.

Sorry. Seems has its ALL Steam reviews. Must be a bug.

Hope the patch is rad. I need a chill game.

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

ZeusCannon posted:

I am watching this thread with bated breath. I really wanted to like no man's but dodged it by accident when it first came out. Now if it finally realizes even just a minecrafty survival in space game with friends I'll probably try it

My sentiments exactly! I'm really excited to hear about the co-op multiplayer survival aspect of the update...

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

The subreddit is in lockdown and the PS4 + PC version seem to have been delayed.

Xbox is live though

John F Bennett fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Jul 24, 2018

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

I liquidated my old base and all it’s living glass to sort of give myself a “soft restart” with just me and my ship and a boatload of credits (10m).

I’m hoping the freighter changes mean I can actually afford a freighter now, instead of having to grind out 110million. If someone who’s playing right when it drops finds out about the new promised “earlier” freighters, drop in and post about it so I can read from work and be jealous.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

John F Bennett posted:

The subreddit is in lockdown and the PS4 + PC version seem to have been delayed.

Xbox is live though

There was never a time for the PS4 version, and since it's a title update, it was always reasonable to assume it would appear when the normal Tuesday store update appears - anywhere from 2 to 4 hours from now.

A whole bunch of people assumed it would go live on PSN at the same time as on XBOX but there was never any reason to assume that. Every game that has a title update, the update comes whenever Sony get it put up. Maybe something like Monster Hunter had a midnight patch, I want to say that happened? But otherwise, it'll be there when the day's store update goes through.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Anime Store Adventure posted:

I liquidated my old base and all it’s living glass to sort of give myself a “soft restart” with just me and my ship and a boatload of credits (10m).

I’m hoping the freighter changes mean I can actually afford a freighter now, instead of having to grind out 110million. If someone who’s playing right when it drops finds out about the new promised “earlier” freighters, drop in and post about it so I can read from work and be jealous.

You'll be given a free freighter as part of the tutorial/intro. Not saying it'll be amazing, but you'll get one.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Yeah both launch times and patch drops seem to conjure up just absolutely tons of “facts” about when and how they’ll release. People create self fulfilling prophecies of “They’re going to release all three platforms at the exact same time, because if they didn’t people would get mad.” That doesn’t happen, so they get mad.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

AirRaid posted:

You'll be given a free freighter as part of the tutorial/intro. Not saying it'll be amazing, but you'll get one.

That is fantastic news as it lets me rush to my space fantasy faster. I don’t want to play creative mode, I do want some challenge. But the amount of grinding regular mode had last time I played was too much for me.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Last time owning a freighter was a late-game milestone because you could only have the one, so it had to be a significant challenge and accomplishment. Now you can apparently own an entire fleet and exploit it for money faster so you have to be able to acquire them early and often.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
My impression is you get a free "starter" freighter, and if you see a cooler one later then you have to buy it the old fashioned way. I dunno if the prices have dropped at all, or if you're meant to be making money hand over fist from frigate missions instead? But that's my understanding of the new system.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I remember finally getting a freighter a year ago when I last played, and it seemed pretty pointless at the time. Transferring everything around took forever, and you couldn’t really do anything with it.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I mean from the sounds of it, it looks like the better ship loop but with more features.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

I’d just love to have one more extra storage where I can shove one stack of each of those sorts of “secondary” resources like nickel, gold, whatever, so that if I change ships or multitools I have a nice stock build to replace fully all the mods that I liked.

The_Doctor posted:

I remember finally getting a freighter a year ago when I last played, and it seemed pretty pointless at the time. Transferring everything around took forever, and you couldn’t really do anything with it.

...and I hope they might change how easy it is to transfer things to it, given there’s significant changes around them, else my above plan sounds pretty bunk.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I’m glad they’re integrating ships and freighter to the “tutorial”/start of the game. Give the players the basic on all aspect of the game then let them loose in the universe.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Anime Store Adventure posted:

I’d just love to have one more extra storage where I can shove one stack of each of those sorts of “secondary” resources like nickel, gold, whatever, so that if I change ships or multitools I have a nice stock build to replace fully all the mods that I liked.

...and I hope they might change how easy it is to transfer things to it, given there’s significant changes around them, else my above plan sounds pretty bunk.

Aside from your suit inventory, your suit Cargo inventory, your starship inventory, your freighter inventory and your Base Storage Crate inventories (10 of them!), you mean? :psyduck:

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

My ship isn’t that big and half full of mods, as is my suit. The base isn’t easy to transfer to (unless they changed that or I missed it) so storing like 10 different stacks that i can easily shift my current suit inventory to is nontrivial.

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Trade, sir! Discover it! This is you, this is a clue. Get a clue, discover trade!
With the new update and the ability for other players to murder you, I think it will be time to retire my Hardcore character that I got to the center of the galaxy.

Not that I'm going to miss it, 200 plutonium to launch was a pain in the rear end.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Isn't there a trophy for getting to the centre in Permadeath mode?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Yes, they added trophies for reaching the center in Survival and Permadeath when those modes were patched in.

xilni
Feb 26, 2014

Inspector Gesicht posted:

How long does it take to do that if you just beeline to center?

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Here's some patch notes :

https://www.nomanssky.com/next-update/

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The PS Store just started updating - it now refers to the game as "No Man's Sky NEXT" (and it's on sale).

Should be live in the next hour or so, then.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
I hope we can do the freighter tutorial on a current save and not just if you start new. I really don't want to grind from nothing again.

Just 6 more hours until I am home from work and hopefully can play on my ps4!

My ps4 is in rest Mode so it better download and install the update on it's own.

Trastion fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jul 24, 2018

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

PS4 is live now, though. It's downloading and ready in 10 minutes on my system in Western Europe.

It's a 9.5GB download

vv I misread, apparently its it's a 9.8gb download for me?

Anyway, it's done now. See you on the other side!

John F Bennett fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Jul 24, 2018

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
East Coast USA is live. 9.727 gig update file.

SoR Blaze
Apr 12, 2006
Those Analysis Visor enhancements alone will make this game so much better for me personally.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

precision posted:

East Coast USA is live. 9.727 gig update file.

I'm cracking up because I went to go check and "ooh new update" but it's for Prey instead. C'mooon steam, give me NMS!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/NoMansSky/status/1021778212844707840

lmao

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

texting my ex posted:

Used to play this on PS4 when it launched and it was a cool stoner game. Now I wanna try all the cool new stuff on my PS4 pro and it just blows up the fans to max, like the drat console is gonna take off and fly away. No other game does this, not even Horizon Zero Dawn. Any fix?

I've found taking off the hard drive cover and pointing a small desk fan directly at it significantly reduced overall fan noise.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

for some reason this is really funny to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
Heck YES