Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

b-minus1 posted:

Because you’re a doc.

Yeah I'm not voting flerp today this reasoning is lazy af

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
who i will vote for, in order

will not vote:

bminus
mona

will probably not vote:

moat

will vote:

anpu
beet
dancer
IP

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Flerp/Moat/IP scumteam, Beet SK.

I'll pretty much die on this. I'll try to put together an actual case to show my work but I feel pretty convinced this is the case at this point.

Can't vote Beet because scum still get a kill in and with Moat/Flerp brazenly flaunting their protection during what I feel is pretty surely mylo this is where I'm at.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I guess IP could be Dancer but Flerp and Moat I feel pretty convinced at this point. They're too brazen about it.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i just protected moat because i thought he was the second towniest at the end of d3 and i protected mona n2 so thats why i went for moat. idk how im brazenly flaunting my protection on moat, i just revealed who i protected at the start of d4 because ive alrdy claimed and there's not a lot of point of hiding my actions

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Monathin posted:

I'll pretty much die on this. I'll try to put together an actual case to show my work but I feel pretty convinced this is the case at this point.

Can't vote Beet because scum still get a kill in and with Moat/Flerp brazenly flaunting their protection during what I feel is pretty surely mylo this is where I'm at.

I get having a strong conviction, but "dying on this" without even considering SK flerp seems slightly overconfident. And, for what it's worth, there are also decent odds that this isn't mylo. (I don't necessarily like set-up speculation, but I'll only be doing it briefly:) In a 15 player game we may very well have 3 scum + 1 SK. We have 10 people either alive or janitored. It's statistically fairly likely that one of the two janitored kills was scum.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Dancer posted:

I get having a strong conviction, but "dying on this" without even considering SK flerp seems slightly overconfident. And, for what it's worth, there are also decent odds that this isn't mylo. (I don't necessarily like set-up speculation, but I'll only be doing it briefly:) In a 15 player game we may very well have 3 scum + 1 SK. We have 10 people either alive or janitored. It's statistically fairly likely that one of the two janitored kills was scum.

I feel like it's safer to assume the worse case scenario and operate from there, as opposed to a false sense of security, yeah?

Also can I point out that trying to downplay mylo only really benefits one alignment.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Monathin posted:

would you entertain the idea that killing the sk brings back those that "disappeared"? They aren't listed in the kills in the 2P.

You can dismiss the idea if you want, those have just been bothering me all game and I want to know how it works.

Anpu
Jun 26, 2018

I have opened your two eyes. I have opened your mouth with the instruments of Anpu...
If Illegally Sober is scum that would actually be to our disadvantage.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Anpu posted:

If Illegally Sober is scum that would actually be to our disadvantage.

This post confounds me. What do you mean?

Anpu
Jun 26, 2018

I have opened your two eyes. I have opened your mouth with the instruments of Anpu...

Dancer posted:

This post confounds me. What do you mean?

If we are at LYLO or MYLO we should be definitely lynching scum. If the SK targets do come back and Illegally Sober is scum we have doomed us all.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

IcePhoenix posted:

would you entertain the idea that killing the sk brings back those that "disappeared"? They aren't listed in the kills in the 2P.

You can dismiss the idea if you want, those have just been bothering me all game and I want to know how it works.

I'm dismissing it out of hand because I feel pretty confident Ecco wouldn't split a game up like that - Ecco has split games before (Greiving of... Gaqqu? Trying to remember that name is rough.) but I would 100% believe self-janitoring SK before "they'll return to the game".

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Monathin posted:

I guess IP could be Dancer but Flerp and Moat I feel pretty convinced at this point. They're too brazen about it.

I feel like the best thing to do is be open about poo poo right now... this is brazen to you?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Also this:

Beetphyxious posted:

Also can I point out that trying to downplay mylo only really benefits one alignment.

Is a good point and aligns with my suspicions about dancer

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I hate to rush this but I will not be able to be present to deadline due to work

Any way we can just get this done before the evening?

I'm okay with waiting for the cases monathin is writing and if there is any discussion but I would rather not be MIA during deadline if we can resolve it earlier.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Moatillata posted:

I hate to rush this but I will not be able to be present to deadline due to work

Any way we can just get this done before the evening?

I'm okay with waiting for the cases monathin is writing and if there is any discussion but I would rather not be MIA during deadline if we can resolve it earlier.

at this point while I have my cases half put together I have just largely run out of steam on them and I'm not going to convince Anpu so you know what, yeah, let's just get this over with.

gg folks

##vote Beetphyxious

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

take us home, moat

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Sweet release

##vote beet

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: FINAL Day 4 Votecount :c:

:redhammer: Beetphyxious (5): IcePhoenix, b-minus1, Anpu, Monathin, Moatillata

Anpu (0): Dancer, -Dancer

Not Voting (3): Beetphyxious, Dancer, flerp

:h: With 8 players alive, it took 5 votes to be executed.

===============

The villains decided at long last to finally deal with the Beet Question. "Beet's been making a lot of waves," said one, "but I don't see no boat, if you catch my drift." The confusing sentiment was shared by many others. They mobbed around Beet, beat him silly with billy clubs, and snapped his neck for good measure. Checking his room revealed that Beet wasn't a "serial killer" (whatever that is). Beet was just a humble, unassuming, ordinary everyday pig.

:s: Beetphyxious, Myrta, Gumshoe (vice-aligned goon), was executed day 4. :s:

While the villains rejoiced, one of them saw an eerie pink light emanating from Beet's nightstand drawer. Inside was a glowing crystal, pulsating, as if beating like a heart. The crystal was set around a metal frame that gave it the appearance of a cage. "This is a stasis crystal!" shouted Exposition Eddie, a mobster who always provides context for his statements. "It contains someone's soul! This is some serious hardware, they must really have it out for us if they're packing stasis crystals." Eddie takes the crystal, removes its metal bindings, and slams it onto the floor, shattering it to pieces. At the very same moment, the light inside the crystal burst in a blinding flash. When their eyes settled, sitting naked in the center of the floor was one of their own who had mysteriously disappeared.

IllegallySober has returned to the game!

It is now Night 4.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
The mobsters awoke after their first successful vote to find that the coppers were not done with them yet. First up was Dancer, who was brutally stabbed to death during the night. The broken and bloodied knife blade sits nearby. The second was flerp, who like others before him, was frozen in stasis by the Man.

:s: Dancer, Valentine, Lowlife (mafia-aligned vanilla), was stabbed to death night 4. :s:

:s: flerp, Veronika, Bodyguard (mafia-aligned doctor), was frozen night 4. :s:

It is now Day 5.
:h: With 6 alive it takes 4 to execute.
:d: Day 5 deadline: Thursday, July 26th, ~11PM EDT / 8 PM PDT / (Friday) 1PM AEST.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Lookin at you icephoenix

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Yes, let's definitely point the finger at the guy who has wanted to vote out MMbeeT since day one.

Going to sleep, I'll write thoughts in the am

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Ah, gently caress. Sorry Dancer.

Sorry An0u for not believing you about Beet.

I'll work on stuff in the AM. thoughts are IP and Moat.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ok so first of all, the five people that voted for beet + IS are the only ones left in the game.

IcePhoenix
B-
Anpu
Monathin
Moatilla
IllegalySober

Flerp confirmed that he got a scroll of protection from Anpu and flipped town, so as far as I'm concerned Anpu is confirmed town. Add onto that the day long slapfight with beet. At the very least he's a bad target.

Sober we now know was killed by scum, not an SK, so the chances of him being scum are too small to even consider imo. Again, bad target.

I've been tunnelling Beet for three days and have only switched my vote at the end of a day to avoid a no lynch, despite openly maintaining that I wanted beet dead. Let's be honest, my play this game is Not Great. But if I were scum shouldn't I be trying to make cases on, I don't know, anyone else? Another bad target.

Let's take a look back at day 2

b-minus1 posted:

Hmmm, these are all great points. Let's look at the final day 2 votes that resulted in a no-lynch

IcePhoenix (6): Max, Atomic Soda, Monathin, Beetphyxious, flerp, b-minus1
Beetphyxious (3): Anpu, Moatillata, IcePhoenix
Moatillata (1): Slamburger
Anpu (1): Dancer
b-minus1 (0):
The Ninth Layer (0):
Dancer (0):
Monathin (0):

Not Voting (1): The Ninth Layer

Anpu voted Beet for obvious reasons. Icephoenix wasn't gonna vote himself obviously.

I think beet may be on to something. If ICephoenix is scum, then there's likely a scum among anpu, moat, slam, dancer, and tnl. Anpu has soft claimed a role with verifiable results, and I'm operating on good faith that slam is town. That leaves moat, dancer and tnl.

IcePhoenix (6): Max, Atomic Soda, Monathin, Beetphyxious, flerp, b-minus1
Beetphyxious (3): Anpu, Moatillata, IcePhoenix

Mona and b- voted for me, moat voted for beet. Moat could have hammered but didn't? Not something that fully clears him but certainly a point in his favor.

If we assume two remaining scum and an SK then finding scum is most important, as killing an sk will still give scum a victory if their night kill is successful. But only two crystal kills have been used, and given the way IS returned to us I believe each scum have one. Meaning either a two person scum team and one sk, or a NK was blocked that would have used a crystal. I lean towards the latter, as the way IS returned to us mitigates a greater than 25% non-town setup.

That leads me to night three. There was only one night kill on night three, and it was the standard "frozen" kill that we've been assuming is the scum, but may be an sk. And as for the "missing" kill?

flerp posted:

i protected moat

So a missing scum kill, and a now confirmed doc protecting one of the three remaining players on my list. Moat is a bad target, but also most likely to be sk if there is one.

That leaves me with two players: Monathin and B-.

I'm not going to say that it doesn't matter which one dies, because if there is indeed only one scum left we want to make sure we hit them. Of the two, B- is higher on my scum list, as he tried to get a push on flerp yesterday that ultimately went nowhere. That being said, in a reread of B- and Mona, a lot of their posts seem well coordinated with similar thoughts and information so I'm pretty confident that both of them are scum.

##vote B-

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Nice :D

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
you just lost the game iceman

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Paging sober. Come in sober.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'd settle for anyone responding tbh

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I'm here, it's just a busy morning for me. I've been reading along as the game has progressed but want to re-read in light of the flips. Be back on my lunch break in a couple of hours.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

IllegallySober posted:

I'm here, it's just a busy morning for me. I've been reading along as the game has progressed but want to re-read in light of the flips. Be back on my lunch break in a couple of hours.

Aren’t you forgetting to do something?!?!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

*taps thread microphone*

Hello is this thing on?

Dancer
May 23, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

*taps thread microphone*

Hello is this thing on?

*static crackles through the mic as if a ghost is passing by* :ghost:

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Yeah icephoenix I’m here. And you are scum.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

no u

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Lol.

Anpu
Jun 26, 2018

Not going to vote for B minus.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Sorry for being MIA, it's been crazy for me lately. I'm thinking the lynch needs to be either Mona or IP. Before I say for sure I want to go back through some interactions with beet and reread a bit. I should have some time tomorrow to comb thru poo poo a bit better.

I think this is def mylo so we need to be a little bit more cautious.

Anpu posted:

Not going to vote for B minus.

Why

IcePhoenix posted:

*taps thread microphone*

Hello is this thing on?

Hi yes I am here please unvote for now

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Classic bee movie defense

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

IllegallySober posted:

Can you explain to me wtf happened to you whenever you get back

Did you get any flavor or instructions or what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I was wondering where you went moat. I actually agree, it’s either icephoenix or Mona. I had a town read of mona for most of the game but now I’m starting to get sus AF. Would vote

• Locked thread