Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

SpacePig posted:

It's unbuttoned shorts over yoga pants, though. There have been Pokémon girls with worse.

I've seen the James with boobs stuff that was censored in America, Pokemon is a weirdly horny show.

Or at least it was, I dunno if that's changed with the new animation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Viridiant posted:

I've seen the James with boobs stuff that was censored in America, Pokemon is a weirdly horny show.

Or at least it was, I dunno if that's changed with the new animation.

It hasn't
And in some regards, it's gotten even worse

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Stexils posted:

im gonna take a bold stance: i dont dislike bubble girl

I'm neutral on her as a character, but man. Her design felt off, and finding out she was a contest entry explained a lot. There's a kind of spark to Horikoshi's designs that wasn't really present.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

chiasaur11 posted:

I'm neutral on her as a character, but man. Her design felt off, and finding out she was a contest entry explained a lot. There's a kind of spark to Horikoshi's designs that wasn't really present.

:same:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I believe Centipeder was also a fan design.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

I thought Bubble Girl was fine, especially since she was introduced alongside the pinnacle of Horikoshi's creativity: "Guy in suit who wears glasses."

(Nighteyes a great character don't kill me please.)

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Rhonne posted:

I believe Centipeder was also a fan design.

He was made in the same competition that created bubble girl.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Nighteye's design actually makes a lot of sense.
He's all about comedy, so dressing up like a serious business man is kinda the joke. He also went all out with it using weighted stamps etc.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

Want to expand a bit on this incendiary take?

harry potter and the cursed child

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I wonder if Nighteye was amused by Ms. Joke. Now we'll never know. :(

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Nephthys posted:

I thought Bubble Girl was fine, especially since she was introduced alongside the pinnacle of Horikoshi's creativity: "Guy in suit who wears glasses."

That's kind of a perfect example, though.

Like, he's Man In Suit, but the exaggerated, stretched out look plays with the plain suit to make him look ridiculously stern. It plays into his fight style, it exaggerates the joke of his weird sense of humor, it makes him more intimidating to Deku. His look comes together really well.

Meanwhile, Bubble Girl is just kind of... there.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

She also used her power like one time to blind a guy temporarily. When Nighteye gives the impression he's very selective in his staff, she's pretty underwhelming in every way. Maybe she's just really good at data collection or whatever but the design does feel totally off.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Kild posted:

The only things I know about the Cursed Child are that Voldemort has a daughter and the Trolley Lady, who is apparently immortal, turns her arms into shanks and tries to stab the spin-off babies while ranting about how the kids never get off her trolley before its destination.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Kild posted:

ft Time Turners! Everyone's favorite plot device.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

chiasaur11 posted:

That's kind of a perfect example, though.

Like, he's Man In Suit, but the exaggerated, stretched out look plays with the plain suit to make him look ridiculously stern. It plays into his fight style, it exaggerates the joke of his weird sense of humor, it makes him more intimidating to Deku. His look comes together really well.

Meanwhile, Bubble Girl is just kind of... there.

As opposed to Centipeder, who took over his office, and what we know of him consists of... he's a centipede guy.

On the weird color note, I wasn't really expecting Nighteye to have green and yellow hair

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

clearly he dyed his hair to more closely match his idol. he was the greatest All Might otaku before Deku, of course

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Supersonic Shine posted:

The only things I know about the Cursed Child are that Voldemort has a daughter and the Trolley Lady, who is apparently immortal, turns her arms into shanks and tries to stab the spin-off babies while ranting about how the kids never get off her trolley before its destination.

I misread that as 'turns her arms into Sharks', which is much cooler.

When can we read about Sharkfist Man, who's quirk is that he can do anything a shark can do (with his fists)?

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Crasical posted:

I misread that as 'turns her arms into Sharks', which is much cooler.

When can we read about Sharkfist Man, who's quirk is that he can do anything a shark can do (with his fists)?

Doesn't Gang Orca already fill that niche?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

The arcade game has a villain who can turn into a whale.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Rhonne posted:

Can he please turn back?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

symbolic posted:

Can he please turn back?

He looks like this normally.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

throw him back in the sea

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
So that dude's whole thing is that he's from one of Horikoshi's old series. The same one as Gang Orca. In fact, he's Gang Orc'a boss.

PS. this is why he wears the mask

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jul 25, 2018

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Girl Might.

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

Gal* Might.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Supremezero posted:

As opposed to Centipeder, who took over his office, and what we know of him consists of... he's a centipede guy.

On the weird color note, I wasn't really expecting Nighteye to have green and yellow hair

I guess, just like All Might is a Japanese dude pretending he's American, Nighteye is a Japanese dude pretending he's Brazillian. To a level that'd shock Bandit Keith.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Say Nothing posted:

Girl Might.

It's good cosplay, but I feel that Gal Might should be super buff

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

thetoughestbean posted:

It's good cosplay, but I feel that Gal Might should be super buff

Yeah, we've seen what female One For All users look like, and Nana's got some bulk on display.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I have a candidate for Gal Might by the name of Jessica Olaya Betancur:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Looks like Miruko.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Nephthys posted:

Haven't you ever seen a comedian who wore a suit while on stage?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
nighteye was bad and i'm glad he's dead

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Supremezero posted:

I wasn't expecting him to be wearing a white Kiryu suit either. This is just a series of revelations after another. I was expecting Ace Attorney blue.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Oxxidation posted:

nighteye was bad and i'm glad he's dead

Mods?!

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I'm through chapter 100 now. Now things are starting to look more familiar. I believe I originally stopped reading not too long after the Big Three showed up.

I also watched All Might vs. AFO since it aired very recently.

Goodbye, All For One!! :hellyeah:

Goodbye, One For All... :cry:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Girl Might should have the same face as regular All Might.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Rhonne posted:

tfw someone kicks u in the groin

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Read a summary for chapter 192 and I'm disappointed that Endeavor didn't actually lose an eye

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Vinylshadow posted:

Read a summary for chapter 192 and I'm disappointed that Endeavor didn't actually lose an eye

Mostly what I expected from the chapter, minus what you said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Man, Camie really looks like Horikoshi just decided to draw a character from Bleach one day.