Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

ArbitraryC posted:

Nah you wanna framer the target you're killing, that's the whole point of the role. If I were maf the two realistic options would be framer or janitor, both of which would have targeted the night kill but wouldn't have done anything since the BG stopped the death.

That would be silly though, you're banking on the player to investigate, but death would prove otherwise.

Janitor would work But framer would not.

I'll have to make the roles list tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

That would be silly though, you're banking on the player to investigate, but death would prove otherwise.

Janitor would work But framer would not.

I'll have to make the roles list tonight

Oh my bad I was thinking of forger.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I'm having a really stressful day at work. Apologies for making GBS threads up the thread today. I'll be back to my chipper self tomorrow.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

PMush Perfect posted:

If the day were to end right now, who would you watch tonight, and why?

PMush Perfect posted:

I want to hear his reasoning about these things. I don't think a townie would actually be so blase (spelling?) about such a powerful role.

Okay work for real now.

would you tell me how will this question help determine whether sal is scum or not? to hear his 'reasoning' seems a weak justification

can you also specify where you think sal is being blasé cause i mostly just got cranky

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

b-minus1 posted:

I would argue that the sal wagon was gaining momentum when he claimed. Or rather, I understand why he felt the need to claim. The only thing I don't like about the claim is he didn't list the 3 people that visited me right away.

Also, Kash-ArbC is NOT cleared as town. He could have been trying to janitor the nk.

agree with this post

also i forget how to summon votefinder if someone could remind me :/

i assume we can't vote for people until after the sal trial is done

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Votecount for Day 4

SalTheBard (3): give head or get dead, King Burgundy, Nep-Nep
IllegallySober (2): Bifauxnen, Xad
Mr. Humalong (1): Jeabus Mahogany
give head or get dead (1): SalTheBard

Not Voting (6): b-minus1, CCKeane, Dancer, IllegallySober, Khris Kruel, Mr. Humalong

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 25th, 2018 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 4 hours.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
nvm i see the vote is in op now

agree with people saying arbc2 isn't cleared i find the whole voting to force roleclaims is in general good for the town in this format thing a bit suss still

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

lmao that's the wrong one I'm dumb

Votecount for Day 2

SalTheBard (5): ArbitraryC, Hal Incandenza, Mr. Humalong, Beetphyxious, merk, IcePhoenix, chaoslord, b-minus1, Anomalous Amalgam, b-minus1, ArbitraryC, Anomalous Amalgam, Mr. Humalong
PMush Perfect (2): Mr. Humalong, b-minus1
b-minus1 (0): Beetphyxious, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Beetphyxious
ArbitraryC (0): merk, merk

Not Voting (5): Anomalous Amalgam, ArbitraryC, Atomic Soda, PMush Perfect, SalTheBard

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 26th, 2018 at 9 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 2 days, 5 hours.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Atomic Soda posted:

nvm i see the vote is in op now

agree with people saying arbc2 isn't cleared i find the whole voting to force roleclaims is in general good for the town in this format thing a bit suss still

It's because everyone has a role and there are limited slots. The sooner you figure out what the 3 random towns are the sooner scum have their backs up basically against the wall. I only played the online version a handful of times admittedly, but scum won every game where people weren't pretty proactive with sharing roles and info.

Not saying a mass roleclaim is really the best route per se, but the trial format allows you to force people who pinged you into doing something on your time rather than at their leisure without the hammer being a guaranteed lynch.

Like it's not even bad for the town that Sal is out, if he get's rb'ed we know one of the maf roles (and they're not using it on a potential jailor or such), if he gets targeted for a night kill we still have plenty of potential for protection or investigation that would make it a trade, if they leave him be because targeting is too risky then he gives us free info every day.

We have a basically confirmed investigative role and enough hidden stuff that outright attacking him is dangerous for scum. It's not a bad spot at all, particularly with the neutral evil and a mafioso biting it night 1.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Mr. Humalong posted:

Who would you up next then? Merk? Arb?

what about you?

i will say merk is confusing me and needs to make up his minds

Mr. Humalong posted:

lmao that's the wrong one I'm dumb

Votecount for Day 2

SalTheBard (5): ArbitraryC, Hal Incandenza, Mr. Humalong, Beetphyxious, merk, IcePhoenix, chaoslord, b-minus1, Anomalous Amalgam, b-minus1, ArbitraryC, Anomalous Amalgam, Mr. Humalong
PMush Perfect (2): Mr. Humalong, b-minus1
b-minus1 (0): Beetphyxious, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Beetphyxious
ArbitraryC (0): merk, merk

Not Voting (5): Anomalous Amalgam, ArbitraryC, Atomic Soda, PMush Perfect, SalTheBard

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 26th, 2018 at 9 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 2 days, 5 hours.

thanks!

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Keep in mind It's still the guilty/inno/abstain phase. Votes after he got put up for trial can matter in terms of what you think players are thinking but I don't believe they roll over or matter mechanically.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

ArbitraryC posted:

Make sure to inno Sal tho, or at least lynch me first. The only way it's possible for Sal to still be scum at this point is if we're both maf. In any situation other than that, the only way he would have known I visited him in addition to the BG is if his lookout claim is honest.

part of me was thinking arbc2 could still be scum just using sal for cover, but if so why ask to be killed first. lookout seems like a role scum would want to get dunked for sure tbh. still a bit suss but less so.

ArbitraryC posted:

It's because everyone has a role and there are limited slots. The sooner you figure out what the 3 random towns are the sooner scum have their backs up basically against the wall. I only played the online version a handful of times admittedly, but scum won every game where people weren't pretty proactive with sharing roles and info.

Not saying a mass roleclaim is really the best route per se, but the trial format allows you to force people who pinged you into doing something on your time rather than at their leisure without the hammer being a guaranteed lynch.

Like it's not even bad for the town that Sal is out, if he get's rb'ed we know one of the maf roles (and they're not using it on a potential jailor or such), if he gets targeted for a night kill we still have plenty of potential for protection or investigation that would make it a trade, if they leave him be because targeting is too risky then he gives us free info every day.

We have a basically confirmed investigative role and enough hidden stuff that outright attacking him is dangerous for scum. It's not a bad spot at all, particularly with the neutral evil and a mafioso biting it night 1.

hm i guess i wasn't that impressed by the case on sal anyways. i see what you're saying but it still seems a bit weird. i'll trust others with the math stuff, agree we are in a pretty good position from last night though.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Atomic Soda posted:

part of me was thinking arbc2 could still be scum just using sal for cover, but if so why ask to be killed first. lookout seems like a role scum would want to get dunked for sure tbh. still a bit suss but less so.

hm i guess i wasn't that impressed by the case on sal anyways. i see what you're saying but it still seems a bit weird. i'll trust others with the math stuff, agree we are in a pretty good position from last night though.

This person should die.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Yes, likely a scum. Good catch.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Atomic Soda posted:

would you tell me how will this question help determine whether sal is scum or not? to hear his 'reasoning' seems a weak justification

can you also specify where you think sal is being blasé cause i mostly just got cranky

I think everything Pmush has done today has been weird AF. However it's so weird and mind boggling that I would have to think Pmush is town. No scum would be that idiotic to draw that much attention to themselves.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
why should i die merks?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

SalTheBard posted:

I think everything Pmush has done today has been weird AF. However it's so weird and mind boggling that I would have to think Pmush is town. No scum would be that idiotic to draw that much attention to themselves.

i don't like ruling out ppl for being weird so i'd like to hear from pmush i think.

i hope your day got better!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Okay with a few hours to think on it (and stop overheating, literally and metaphorically), if KashArb2WhateverTheFuck says he can confirm Sal, then I'm not going to vote against an uncounterclaimed role. My gut doesn't like it, but my brain says it's the best choice.

Also sorry for being a dickhead this morning.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
VOTING RESULTS

Voted Innocent:
Anomalous Amalgam
ArbitraryC
Atomic Soda
b-minus1
Beetphyxious
IcePhoenix
Mr. Humalong
PMush Perfect

Voted Guilty:

Did Not Vote:
Chaoslord
Hal Incandenza
Merk

At 8 Innocent vs 0 Guilty, SaltheBard is dubbed Innocent.

Voting may commence.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
##Vote Hal You were the 2nd vote on me. You have posted little to no helpful information at all to this point so I think it's time for your fate to be decided. You are also a good player and I know you can do better than you have.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Beet and ice voted but aren’t posting

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
The three did not vote's could be afk's or just those who didn't understand the concept but it's worth pointing out:

chaoslord posted:

Really? I like Sal a heck of a lot, but he does the “woe is me” thing any time his back is against the wall.

I believe Sal and will be putting in my vote for innocent.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote Soda

Awkward posts.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Yes.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

ArbitraryC posted:

The three did not vote's could be afk's or just those who didn't understand the concept but it's worth pointing out:

In my defense I should have had about 15 more minutes to vote, mord :argh: But yes that’s on me and not great

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I like ArbC's point. I'd also love to hear something more substantial from Merk.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Merk is a stump in his game. We need to hear from others instead

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
If you read AtomicSoda and come to the conclusion that a town person is playing behind that keyboard, god help you.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
OR MAY THE DEVIL SWALLOW YOUR SOUL HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
how much time is left before day end? Do we have the chance for another trial after or is it gonna be this one and done?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Over 48 hours remain

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

b-minus1 posted:

Beet and ice voted but aren’t posting

I went to a movie sorry

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

IcePhoenix posted:

I went to a movie sorry

show us the ticket stubs obama!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ArbitraryC posted:

show us the ticket stubs obama!

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Just assume I took the time to put a bunch of red squiggles on it obviously proving it's a forgery

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Scumslip

We have time for 2 more trials if we hurry!

##vote merk

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
I'm pretty okay with Merk, Hal, or Chaos just based on the vote but again it really could just be afk/not understanding precisely how the trial system worked round 1. If someone has any strong suspicions of anyone based on the vote that put Sal up in first place I'd agree with that too.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Merk is a terrible choice and I question the alignment of anyone voting him

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

b-minus1 posted:

in what way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

b-minus1 posted:

I find the gimmick (2 posts that disagree with each other) really annoying, but at the same time. However I'm not opposed to putting Merk on the block and hearing a defense of actions.

• Locked thread