Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
If somebody wants to play games and I'm logged into something else just send me an invite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Since they added all those new weapons, prestiging has become pretty easy.
Rank 1 again, but what's this, I have the Volkssturmgewehr, the Nabu and a ton of other weapons from crates? Nice :getin:

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Anyone wanna play spaceman’s tonight?

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

https://www.gameinformer.com/2018/07/24/comcast-offering-free-entry-into-call-of-duty-black-ops-4-multiplayer-private-beta

Free beta access if you use Comcast.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

so i don't gotta preorder then

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
That's Comcastic.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Comcast did that last year for the WW2 beta and they never sent me one. Maybe if I do it right away it will work this time?

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Yeah, but on the other hand, you have to be using Comcast :s

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Also, just pre-order on Amazon and cancel after receiving your key like everyone else.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

:ducksiren: I have bad news to deliver for PC Call of Duty Blobs4 :ducksiren:

So, the beta launches what, August 10th for PC or some stupid date like that, and we all need some way for the 6 of us who are going to play this game on PC to play together. Have no fear:

I made a group in the incredibly tech savvy Battle.net launcher that we can all join so when the beta hits, we can group up. Here's the direct link and it never expires: https://blizzard.com/invite/zjl9X3Yid7O

Join this group and let's see if we can all survive for the entire beta and THEN try to survive for at least one month of playing on PC.

See you all there.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Lol, this new sandbox mode is pretty fun. Tiny soldiers in a big war :D

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
i love how you can just sow chaos with a riot shield and a small hallway

https://i.imgur.com/EP4E6TW.gifv

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!
my vote so far: I like it

wish I could run on the walls though

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
I've only been playing WW2 for a few weeks - really enjoyed the campaign, even though it did nothing really new or interesting it felt like a solid entry, and the slower pace was a nice change.

The multiplayer on the other hand feels very slow paced in a bad way. I always like the advanced movement systems in the previous 3 games and I do like that equipment isn't wasted, since you can't just boost jump all over the place... But it feels so dull and bland compared to the previous 3 games.

What's the general consensus on WW2 at this point?

I'm hoping BlOps 4 balances a slightly slower pace with more engaging gameplay and equipment etc.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

WattsvilleBlues posted:

What's the general consensus on WW2 at this point?
I hated it when it came out, but they've done a lot to improve the overall experience. No longer the worst COD. The netcode seems to be better, but it still feels hosted. I'm still playing (XBone).

WattsvilleBlues posted:

I'm hoping BlOps 4 balances a slightly slower pace with more engaging gameplay and equipment etc.
So, I preordered BLOps IIII with a season pass, is the beta available this weekend? Will it just show up?

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

porktree posted:

So, I preordered BLOps IIII with a season pass, is the beta available this weekend? Will it just show up?

You probably have to download it. It was a separate download on PS4 last weekend. And the beta was pretty solid overall. It’s a beta, after all, but it felt good.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

porktree posted:

I hated it when it came out, but they've done a lot to improve the overall experience. No longer the worst COD. The netcode seems to be better, but it still feels hosted. I'm still playing (XBone).

I believe you get a beta code from whoever you bought it from, then you can preload maybe the day before it goes live.

Can you elaborate on what they did to improve WW2?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Cod ww2 went from a grimdark malaise simulator to a fun game where my guy in cargo shorts and a fez mows people down with a tiger stripe blunderbuss with a fiesta cat weapon charm while a leperchaun cackles in the background

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So basically it started as an IW CoD and turned into a Sledgehammer CoD.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

VJeff posted:

IW’s IW is the most fun COD there’s been in a long time, friendo

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I completely wrote them off after Ghosts so that is, uh, surprising to hear.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

VJeff posted:

I dunno, when I think of IW CoD games, I think of off-the-wall unbalanced crap (but in a fun way) whereas I always found Sledgehammer games too obnoxious to care about, so it sounds like the opposite progression to me.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

VJeff posted:

I completely wrote them off after Ghosts so that is, uh, surprising to hear.

People got burnt on the advanced movement and you’ll either love or hate the gunplay compared to the slowier but beefier BLOPS3 but the streaks were fun and the hyper fast flying and jumping and dashing gameplay was insanely good for the 2 years we played it. Everyone’s on board the BLOPS4 wagon now after the weekend beta (myself included)

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Everyone’s on board the BLOPS4 wagon now after the weekend beta (myself included)

Is it the Hollow Knight of CoD?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mister Facetious posted:

Is it the Hollow Knight of CoD?

That’s high praise. I need to see the monetization before I call it that.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

People got burnt on the advanced movement and you’ll either love or hate the gunplay compared to the slowier but beefier BLOPS3 but the streaks were fun and the hyper fast flying and jumping and dashing gameplay was insanely good for the 2 years we played it. Everyone’s on board the BLOPS4 wagon now after the weekend beta (myself included)

:dance::hfive: Sup Infinite Warfare super fan!

I've been on IW since skipping WW2 (aside from the past few weeks) - does BlOps 4 feel like much of a step back from the craziness of IW? I loved the advanced movement for those 3 games and I'm hoping I don't miss it too much with BlOps.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

WattsvilleBlues posted:

I've been on IW since skipping WW2 (aside from the past few weeks) - does BlOps 4 feel like much of a step back from the craziness of IW? I loved the advanced movement for those 3 games and I'm hoping I don't miss it too much with BlOps.

The way movement feels, and the pace of gameplay are two of BO4's biggest positives. It's not a slow and clunky game like WW2 was.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

WattsvilleBlues posted:

As a pro-jumpy guy, I found a couple places where I wished I could wall run or double jump during BO4, but the movement still feels very crisp.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

WattsvilleBlues posted:

The pace is good. Nothing hyper like IW and I think there’s still room for improvement between beta and launch where it could be a little fast overall while somehow not making SMGs reign supreme over everything else but the beta maps were pretty small and obviously designed around 5v5 so you’re never far from a fight. The gunplay is really, really, really good.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The pace is good. Nothing hyper like IW and I think there’s still room for improvement between beta and launch where it could be a little fast overall while somehow not making SMGs reign supreme over everything else but the beta maps were pretty small and obviously designed around 5v5 so you’re never far from a fight. The gunplay is really, really, really good.

Looking forward to the Xbox beta this weekend. Why 5v5 now out of interest?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
^ - Something, something, esports.

WattsvilleBlues posted:

I felt during the beta that IW has the better sight lines for longer range weapons, but there was only six maps, soo
I wouldn't be surprised if BLOPS IV is almost as SMG heavy as the first half of WWII, but who knows.

Also the equivalent streaks in the beta from BLOPS III and IW were way less effective. The sentry in particular was useless garbage.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Aug 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Welp, the pc beta is up. Time to level up and commit sudoku on my life.

• Locked thread