Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Anpu posted:

I will do my best and I am sorry for the gaps. I might have to do it in stages. I think after the issue with MMT day one and the strong meta case that scum planned to bus MMT and Moatillata stayed on that, attempting to continue to bus Beetphyxious.

That's fine. Take your time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anpu
Jun 26, 2018

I have opened your two eyes. I have opened your mouth with the instruments of Anpu...
If the worst comes to it I ask that on this day you Trust me as I have Trusted you. Monathin, Ice Phoenix and B minus, please make your votes today Moatillata. I think this is the only was town will survive today.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Anpu posted:

If the worst comes to it I ask that on this day you Trust me as I have Trusted you. Monathin, Ice Phoenix and B minus, please make your votes today Moatillata. I think this is the only was town will survive today.

I'm not sold on Moat vs IP yet. Give me time to look at votes.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

and by time i mean "I will look at this tomorrow as its 2 AM."

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

##unvote

Just got up and skimmed through this but I'll reread it in more detail in a bit.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Monathin posted:

Those are our two nights with two kills, flerp may have protected me from the 3rd but if it's something that's actually different from the NK i'm not so sure anymore.

flerp protected moat n3

Anpu posted:

If we vote moat I think town loses. I cannot believe that he is scum based on the n1-3 kills. If Mona used a dagger that you gave him to kill dancer it leads me to believe that the kills on n1 and 2 are either a scum kill + a scum item (crystal) that each scum player has to trap people, in which case there has to be a scum team of three because only two in a 15 player game would be absurd, or an SK + a scum kill, with the idea that the scum have crystals they can use on the kills to trap people. But again in that case I believe a two person team unlikely as that would be insanely difficult for them to win if those that are trapped can return.

In both of those cases the n3 flip of only one kill that does not get trapped stands out extremely, and I will not vote moat because I firmly believe that he was a target.

Anpu if you can give me a good reason to believe that Mona and B- aren't scum I'll hear it but as of now I am confident that they are the remaining scum and moat is either town or sk. There's no time left to be coy about results that you might have from night actions.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
It’s time for everyone to full claim. I’ll go last :D

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I'm tired of waiting. We are absolutely at MYLO.

Anpu, mona, it's up to us.

The 2 remaining scum are among icephoenix, moat and sober.

Anpu
Jun 26, 2018

I have opened your two eyes. I have opened your mouth with the instruments of Anpu...

b-minus1 posted:

I'm tired of waiting. We are absolutely at MYLO.

Anpu, mona, it's up to us.

The 2 remaining scum are among icephoenix, moat and sober.

It is definitely Moatillata and very possibly Illegally Sober.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Why don’t you think icephoenix is scum?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

b-minus1 posted:

Its time for everyone to full claim. Ill go last :D

I mean, I have no problem with this.

I'm Emilia, Lowlife/VT.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

b-minus1 posted:

Why dont you think icephoenix is scum?

also yeah anpu pls answer this question, I find it weird you're fixating on Sober (who was removed from the game) vs IP.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
:whatup:

I am rereading beet

Early posts he cases the hell out of anpu, also throws shade light shade at bminus:

Beetphyxious posted:

yeah on that my post count is already double flerps, dancer, the ninth layers, and illegally sober. get posting people.

well not sober because they've disappeared or something.

He then accuses bminus of just copying anpus reads

A bunch more stuff on anpu. Here he defends dancer somewhat but it's a rather hedge-y defense:

Beetphyxious posted:

dancer was just mentioned so i'll start there. please enjoy my lit review:

i like dancer because they want to lynch apnu.

they also have the second lowest votes (tnl has the lowest)

day 1 is them joking a bit. self voting, forgetting it's there for quite some time.

the joking comes off someone self-conscious, but it was prompted by apnu's general questioning of peoples abilities (which as an aside was a great content generator and a way to look helpful on day 1.)

they then came out and made a post casing b-minus. it's a bit odd as there's a whole lot of waffle / disclaimer at the start of the post as to excuses for why they are not posting enough which is because their is too much noise, say he's outright avoided the discussion as to why slam's minigame was scummy but says they find it suss too, then cases b-minus.

says he likes aa summarising slams case, then catches up on the flurry of posts and goes from finding aa rather townie to finding aa rather scummy. i don't think dancer was alone in this but it's just a bit wishy washy on the readback.

dancer pointed out the oddity of apnu coming straight out and mentioning bus driver w/r/t AA's night kill.

goes back to b-minus for a vote, cases b-minus again on one or two things i raised.

hmm look dancers wishy / washy and disclaimer posts about not being super present i don't like. it's not a super tell though. also they're fairly consistent with their suspicion on b-minus. the most suss thing dancer has done is just the not be present enough and some drive by posting.

i don't feel dancer is a good candidate for a lynch.

Reiterates a case on TNL

Here is with an opinion on IP. Positions himself to be open to the lynch while still maintaining a stance that there are better candidates

Beetphyxious posted:

ice phoenix, my opinion has changed only ever so slightly. earlier i said they spend as much time playing the mini game as not, however they eventually start making reads and the first is on TNL (which they'be backed up today) and has posted more content since. i laughed that he asked max 'where he was' on the lurker list in response to max's lurker murder extravagana

out of the three lowest post content lurkers: ice, tnl and dancer i'd lean on TNL first because they've not actually engaged in anything outside of their RP except when sticking up for anpu, voting for genex and some technical point about a ninja edit (which doesn't count).

probably icephoenix second, but it's touch and go with dancer on that point.

And actually at the end he even hedges on the IP vote saying that bit about dancer

IP votes him and splits the vote

Beetphyxious posted:

oh look it's a vote split

He votes IP without comment:

Beetphyxious posted:

##unvote
##vote icephoenix

Next day he makes a big ol case on IP:

Beetphyxious posted:

Just to recap what I've said on IP so far:

those cases being:

that's it until i subbed in. then he talks about some video game i think, something about being busy, then

something about flavour, lurking and then some role spec about apnu.

still disliking tnl

which is all well and good, except ice phoenix in 3 days now still has not picked any new targets nor actually provided and real cases or thoughts at to why he's on those two.

tnl is an easy case to make, especially for scum and my current thought is maybe tnl is a convenient bus for IP to fall back on.

theatrics. painfully so.

so at this point i'm gonna jump to slams post:

Very town behaviour here, completely unwilling to expand on his argument (or lack thereof) or even justify it beyond the same argument based solely on meta.

ip has no argument, admits he has no argument, refuses to expand on it any further (because there is no argument)

it's like those russian nesting dolls of lovely casing. take apnu off the top and there's icephoenix hiding underneath

then finally there's a change in strategy from IP after being repeatedly poked about it:

oh look it's tnl again. that's original.

and when flerp couldn't read ip's mind he got a bit cranky:

sorry IP, no one can read minds. it's mafia, if you have a case then make it. people aren't going to agree with you if you can't elaborate it yourself and make them do all the work.

that last post is the only evidence of your cases evolving over 3 bloody days! you're still on your day 1 targets for the same day 1 reasons until that post!

so my gut currently is apnu, tnl, ip for scum team, tnl being bussed because they're too absent for some reason.

would vote any of those three (and in that order)

But then still puts him at the bottom of the list

Then out of nowhere he is trying to vote him again by end of day

Here is is vote preference when poked by monathin:

Beetphyxious posted:

apnu
icephoenix
tnl
dancer

Beet references wanting to vote for IP again but it never goes anywhere

That post above is basically beets entire focus throughout the game. He does not case outside of those individuals. My feeling is thay one of them is scum and the way he keeps mentioning IP but never really going after him feels like he was trying to keep his scumbud close but distant at the same time.

I'm gonna reread IP and see if this jives

Also I am gonna try and reread mona because by process of elimination it's gotta be Mona and IP imo

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

b-minus1 posted:

It’s time for everyone to full claim. I’ll go last :D

I'm Giovanni lowlife vt

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Icephoenix. gonna need that claim tia

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I see you lurking icephoenix. I'm sure ecco provided you with a fakeclaim. please post it now thanks

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

b-minus1 posted:

I see you lurking icephoenix. I'm sure ecco provided you with a fakeclaim. please post it now thanks

:drat:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

townies don't get fakeclaims, sorry

you can post yours if you want to though

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

lol ip

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

IcePhoenix posted:

townies don't get fakeclaims, sorry

you can post yours if you want to though

I will. After you, of course.

Role, now. List all night actions.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

this is definitely incredibly townie play by b-

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

IcePhoenix posted:

quit stalling and claim, nerd

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

IcePhoenix posted:

whoa, we actually agree on something.

still waiting on that claim btw. list ALL night actions, including the specific one I am looking for

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

tbqh we really deserve to lose at this point

I'm Abe "The Hands" meg-Uire, just a normal lowlife trying to figure out who is responsible for all my associates disappearing and dying.

Or I guess at this point trying to convince people to vote for who's responsible.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

actually since I probably have to spell it out for everyone at this point

IcePhoenix posted:

just a normal lowlife

this means I am vanilla townie

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

which, for b-'s sake, I will further explain that it means I have no night actions

just in case that wasn't clear enough for you before

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

IcePhoenix posted:

which, for b-'s sake, I will further explain that it means I have no night actions

just in case that wasn't clear enough for you before

lol.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

go ahead and drop your ~epic case~ now, b-

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

IcePhoenix posted:

go ahead and drop your ~epic case~ now, b-

wait a minute. I never said I had an epic case! I don't have poo poo!!

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

IcePhoenix posted:

just a normal lowlife trying to figure out who is responsible for all my associates disappearing and dying.

so you're claiming that this is part of your flavor, and you're just now mentioning it..... :thunk:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

the stuff after "lowlife" is just rp

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

anyway, I'm sure nobody else will claim but I'm sure you're glad you got these hands

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Ok looking at IP

Plays slams flavor game, votes several diff people

Overreacts to being called scummy

IcePhoenix posted:

Someday I will get through a d1 without being called scummy.

...someday :allears:

IcePhoenix posted:

I don't like this post

##unvote

##vote TNL

First actual vote of the game is TNL

Then adds MMT to his post without much explanation

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm at work so I'm not gonna type a bunch but my top two choices would be an MMT or TNL vote today. I'll type more when I get home on why.

For now my vote stays where it is.

Promises to expound on it and basically just comes back with a weak meta call:

IcePhoenix posted:

Honestly my biggest reason for her being at the top of my list was the same thing, she's mentioned before that when she's not town her effort craters because she has trouble "casing" people.

I said I'd give my reasoning on TNL as well so anyway, TNL seems to put a lot of effort into their RP and the post that pinged me is not one I think they would have made if they had a role PM similar to mine.

Which is kinda :thunk: to me because how many games has he played with her? It's almost like he's just miming others cases on her. Also the role pm case on TNL pings me

After this he votes

IcePhoenix posted:

also the weather is getting really bad here so

##unvote

##vote MMT

Rather have my vote here in case I lose power or internet

This is way before deadline and max calls him out on it but he dismisses it saying he will be around. He also blames it on octopath traveler

IcePhoenix posted:

Octopath Traveler is really good, sorry. I promise to put in more effort from work tomorrow

IcePhoenix posted:

I don't work at night, there will be plenty of time.

Last post was in ref to the max call out

Hedges on anpu v beet

Hedges on anpu being 3p

Says he believes max but then throws shade bc he is a bus driver??

IcePhoenix posted:

Thoughts:

If I had to choose between beet or Anpu I'd probably vote beet, but that's more from my MMT read than anything.

I think that Anpu is town. 3P with a strange win condition could also possibly be an option I suppose.

I believe Max enough to lean town on him for now. I also hate bus drivers though.

I bet Sober got jailed.

Here's where it gets interesting imo, when IP was on the chopping block on the day of the no lynch this interaction occurred:

b-minus1 posted:

Ice Phoenix claim?

Max posted:

Did you visit me yesterday?

Max posted:

Last night?

See, notice he only answers ONE question and refuses to claim? I caught that and it really seemed like he was PR and I was wondering if scum was gonna catch it as well. Normally this kind of interaction goes down with say a doc. At this point I was suspecting he was our doc. It made me want to vote him less over TNL and Dancer but when we had two doc claims it made me a little more suss.

Now that he has claimed VT after the spectacle of his refusal to claim (not to mention the weirdness around his VT claim) in addition to the fact that scum never even tried to touch him with that implied PR from his refusal to claim really skyrockets him up in my list.

He cases monathin, then gets into it with beet reiterating that he thinks beet is scum but then votes TNL

He lays the groundwork for Mona (his current pick now)

At this point I'm p sure IP is scum for his weak meta case on mmt, role pm case on TNL, the way he slipped the noose, his weird refusal to claim (intimating a PR imo) and the fact that he never got waxed by scum.

I will try to get in a reread of Mona but work is picking up.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Moatillata posted:

See, notice he only answers ONE question and refuses to claim? I caught that and it really seemed like he was PR and I was wondering if scum was gonna catch it as well.

Yes, that's the point. I wanted scum to waste a night kill on me thinking I'm a PR. But unfortunately they either figured that part out or just figured that they'd be able to get people to lynch me.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

IcePhoenix posted:

Yes, that's the point. I wanted scum to waste a night kill on me thinking I'm a PR. But unfortunately they either figured that part out or just figured that they'd be able to get people to lynch me.

Lmao

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

IcePhoenix posted:

If scum wanted to dunk you they would've done it on d2.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Monathin posted:

If scum wanted to dunk you they would've done it on d2.

unless they were all already on me (I already covered this thanks for reading)

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

IcePhoenix posted:

unless they were all already on me (I already covered this thanks for reading)

Cute.

The idea that the scum were already on you but town didn't want to vote to lead to a NL is a boneheaded one - Town always, always, always want to get a dunk. If I'm town, even if I accidentally dunk a townie, I want that flip info because it paints a clearer idea of what happened in the votes.

What I'm saying here is that a NL one vote shy on you is extremely suspect because I think people would want to dunk you, which is why I think it's between you and Moat - you were the only two left alive who -weren't- voting that way.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Monathin posted:

Cute.

The idea that the scum were already on you but town didn't want to vote to lead to a NL is a boneheaded one - Town always, always, always want to get a dunk. If I'm town, even if I accidentally dunk a townie, I want that flip info because it paints a clearer idea of what happened in the votes.

What I'm saying here is that a NL one vote shy on you is extremely suspect because I think people would want to dunk you, which is why I think it's between you and Moat - you were the only two left alive who -weren't- voting that way.

And Anpu, do you think he's scum as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

IcePhoenix posted:

And Anpu, do you think he's scum as well?

I assume if he's scum then I would've died last night trying to kill Dancer with the dagger he gave me.

• Locked thread