Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dancer
May 23, 2011
I Had to be free
Had to be free
It's all that I wanted

I Wanted to see
Wanted to be
Alone if I needed

I Had to be free
Had to be free
From feelings that haunted

I wanted to see
Wanted to be
Free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

All right, I've had time to look through IS.

Something is tingling my radar about these claims. Has anyone else had any night actions fail? The Lord of Hats claimed his Doc failed night 2, as well as night 1....also night 1 everyone's failed I guess.

Something isn't adding up, and I can't put my finger on it. But ultimately it's a massive role-insanity game, and we have no idea what the scum can do. If anything, we haven't really seen anything crazy for night actions so far. Or at least anything evident. I think what confuses me the most is why GHOGD's action would've failed on IS. I think someone is lying between IS or Sal.

Now for the good stuff: All of IS's posts supporting Beet:

IllegallySober posted:

Interesting. I think it's fair to characterize Beet as high-volume but I wouldn't call his posting "mostly low-content."

IllegallySober posted:

I don't agree, but let's set that aside for the moment.

You cased Beet and he posted a response, which you ignored. Do you still believe in your case? If not, who is scum?

Defends Beet in the first quote, and then subtly defends Beet again by asking Sal to respond to Beet's case.

On day 3, he posts that vote on B- that Bif has all been about. I agree it's scummy, but there's still not mention of Beet anywhere.

IllegallySober posted:

So far I see that Beet has six pages of posts and there's not a notable serious post in the entire first two pages.

Contradicts the previous comment about not thinking that Beet's posting was "mostly low-content". This quote came right around the hammer to put pressure on Beet. Possibly scum bussing.

And that's pretty much it. There's not a lot of reads here, but that's all the interaction with Beet. Has been on Sal most of the game, but there's not a lot here to analyze.

I'm feeling alot more comfortable with this vote than Sal now. Especially with IS and Sal being against each other, I think it's very possible they have opposed alignments. Also, I think one of them is lying about their night action, and IS lying makes more sense than Sal at this juncture.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

##unvote ##vote IllegalySober

whoops forgot the vote

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Alright, I'll go with the IS vote, I can see it. ##vote Illegally Sober

Dancer
May 23, 2011
I'm here to help hammer, but not gonna put him at -1 just yet. Off-chance he has something useful to say.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
He''s not currently holding a lurker gun, is he :v: ?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
No need to hammer early imo

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I may not be around for deadline depending but I'll try to check in if I can

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Scum are shook af right now

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
Yeah I'm fine with an IS vote.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Yeah I'm fine with an IS vote.

Thanks for your input

Dancer
May 23, 2011
It's sleepy-time. ##vote Illegaly Sober

Would advise that someone unvote to get him away from -1.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Huh, okay. If I'm at -2 and nobody believes me, then fine. I haven't played a great game here since replacing in (sorry Nat20). I'm not scum but given the nature of this game with everyone drawing actions that may or may not match their alignment I can see why there's distrust. I'll post my claim, hang on a few minutes for me to get home.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Someone should invite for the next 20 minutes or so, that way I can get my claim out before you hammer.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Mafia edit: unvote

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

IllegallySober posted:

Someone should invite for the next 20 minutes or so, that way I can get my claim out before you hammer.

##unvote Go ahead

Dancer
May 23, 2011
##unvote

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

I really dont think IS is scum guys, he got jailed last night and my attempting to give him a flag proves it? Unless im missing something? Which is likely?

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

give head or get dead posted:

I really dont think IS is scum guys, he got jailed last night and my attempting to give him a flag proves it? Unless im missing something? Which is likely?

That you're lying?

I thought IS was claiming the jailer?

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Khris Kruel posted:

That you're lying?

I thought IS was claiming the jailer?

For whatever it's worth, I think both his other flags last night were confirmed? I was one of them, I forget the other.

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

So IS, i tried giving you a flag last night, but If your action failed aswell then i want to assume you were jailed last night.

That would be my assumption. Ironically enough I was attempting to jail Sal so either that reflected somehow (though with KK also saying his target on Sal failed, unless he was ALSO jailing Sal that doesn't really make sense?) or something else happened that I can't figure out.

Yeah all my other flags got confirmed, i got told that giving a flag to IS last night failed. The only other failure i had was trying to give one to Anidav the night he died.

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Woops meant to format the first two sentances in previous post, first one is me, second one is IS

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Though it of course occurs to me: why would ghogd be so eager to work with town when his wincon is independent. Initial thought is, it's in his favour if one side wins really hard, or maybe it's in his favour to keep flag-bearers alive, and he thinks we're townies.

As said, it's past my sleepy-time and I'm getting fuzzy, my thoughts may be very stupid.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

That would be my assumption. Ironically enough I was attempting to jail Sal so either that reflected somehow

Is this the first time you reveal this?

Someone (I think binus?) mentioned a thing where all actions in a night were reflected. Was it this night?

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

yeah I guess that makes sense. But I don't think jailed is the only choice here. The wording on the two vigs that flipped I didn't recognize, and the flag mechanic is different than the cards...maybe he can't give them to scum? or maybe IS has a role that is anti-america or some poo poo.

Jailed isn't the only choice here, but it's possible.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

especially if IS was the jailer...like maybe Sal reflected his jail back to IS. But we'll wait for IS's claim

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Can set traps activate the night they get set?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
My trap card should have reflected all actions performed on me. Didn’t say anything about actions on other players. But it was destroyed

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Khris Kruel posted:

especially if IS was the jailer...like maybe Sal reflected his jail back to IS. But we'll wait for IS's claim

That would be hilarious if true

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Khris Kruel posted:

Jailed isn't the only choice here, but it's possible.

SOmething something Occam's Razor? Both the action by IS, and the action on IS were claimed to have failed. If those two independent events did happen, that suggests strongly that IS was jailed (alternative being of course that both events didn't happen and someone is lying. Pretty clever play by IS to claim a failed action after ghogd claimed his)

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Khris Kruel posted:

Can set traps activate the night they get set?

Extremely doubtful. Setting of traps happens with the very lowest priority.

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Dancer posted:

Though it of course occurs to me: why would ghogd be so eager to work with town when his wincon is independent. Initial thought is, it's in his favour if one side wins really hard, or maybe it's in his favour to keep flag-bearers alive, and he thinks we're townies.

As said, it's past my sleepy-time and I'm getting fuzzy, my thoughts may be very stupid.

Because it's easier to work out who is town and work with town in a public thread than to announce in the thread im trying to work with scum, i have a feeling i may get lynched if i was making it obvious that i was working with scum.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I’m pretty sure mine activated the night I set it (n2). I got a successfully played trap card (or whatever the actual name is I’m not looking at the spreadsheet)

Dancer
May 23, 2011
You having played it doesn't mean it was triggered. In fact, if the card is still there in your spreadsheet, that strongly implies the trap is still present.

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

I gave out 3 flags last night, i failed to give one to somebody.

20 minutes later...

IllegallySober posted:

My action failed last night.

IS wouldn't have known that i had failed to give him the flag before he claimed in thread his action failed.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Dancer posted:

You having played it doesn't mean it was triggered. In fact, if the card is still there in your spreadsheet, that strongly implies the trap is still present.

Correct, I have no idea if someone visited me. The card is still in my inventory but is unusable

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I take that back. There is a “N/A” in my #2 slot. The card is gone

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Okay, here's my claim.

I am Mai Valentine. I am not vanilla, but I am town. I have a repeatable tracker card called Harpy Lady.

N1- Yami had already submitted an action of drawing a card. I left that action as submitted because I had no real read on the game yet and because of 50's post warning about actions- I suspected a mass-block or a lightning rod in a game like this. I drew Shadow Ghoul which allows me to destroy a monster in a target's hand and gain a copy of that card.

N2- I again drew because tracking in a game like this didn't seem as strong as the possibility of drawing better cards. I drew Lava Golem which allowed me to jail a target player.

N3- I played Lava Golem on Sal. I was told my action failed and stated as such at the start of the day.

I still have the Shadow Ghoul card I drew, as well as the Harpy Lady card I started with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

b-minus1 posted:

I take that back. There is a “N/A” in my #2 slot. The card is gone

This is what happened to the Lava Golem I played as well.

• Locked thread