Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Hmm. Would a scum IS try to jail Sal?

Scum jailer?

This post seems Iike you have extra info. Like you know sal is town. Scumdar going off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Dancer posted:

And then you add on top that tracker is a rather weak investigative role. I'd also be tempted to draw N2 instead of using my action.

I'd rather kill Sal tonight (or binus)

I misread your post but holy poo poo tracker is not a weak role at all. I really don't understand why a tracker, after 3 nights, does not have any verifiable taking results.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

give head or get dead posted:

I really dont think IS is scum guys, he got jailed last night and my attempting to give him a flag proves it? Unless im missing something? Which is likely?

what's that got to do with anything there's more than one scum and lotsa random powers flying around willy nilly

IllegallySober posted:

N2- I again drew because tracking in a game like this didn't seem as strong as the possibility of drawing better cards.

haha nah, this reads like trying to sound valuable to town but not having to provide data for that claim

oh good Sal already said this

IllegallySober posted:

I suppose that's one way you could look at it. On the other hand, I've also stated the cards I drew instead of tracking so unless you think I'm really good at making up card draw possibilities including flavor names for a game I know nothing about (or you think I'm lying about knowing nothing about it?) then at minimum I have excuses for the nights I didn't track. I don't know what to say about what happened N3 when I tried to jail you but I also called out immediately that my action failed.

"I suppose you could think I'm scum stuffing around trying to claim tracker without tracking... but if I wasn't tracking, how do I know all about these other cards I used while I was busy not tracking, huh?!"

:thunk:

seriously what kind of defense is this

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

SalTheBard posted:

I misread your post but holy poo poo tracker is not a weak role at all. I really don't understand why a tracker, after 3 nights, does not have any verifiable taking results.

Good point. I’m getting flashbacks to the dbz2 game when bird strike fakeclaimed tracker and didn’t have a single result for the first 5 days. It was just 5 days of “tracked xx, went nowhere” lol

Dancer
May 23, 2011

b-minus1 posted:

Good point. I’m getting flashbacks to the dbz2 game when bird strike fakeclaimed tracker and didn’t have a single result for the first 5 days. It was just 5 days of “tracked xx, went nowhere” lol

I mean, I get that this is something reasonable people can disagree with, but the way I see it, case in point. Birb could get away with that specifically because tracker sucks (well, no it doesn't, it can absolutely nail people to the wall in the right circumstances, but it's on the weaker side).

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Bifauxnen posted:

what's that got to do with anything there's more than one scum and lotsa random powers flying around willy nilly

haha nah, this reads like trying to sound valuable to town but not having to provide data for that claim

oh good Sal already said this

"I suppose you could think I'm scum stuffing around trying to claim tracker without tracking... but if I wasn't tracking, how do I know all about these other cards I used while I was busy not tracking, huh?!"

:thunk:

seriously what kind of defense is this

Yeah I'm not moving my vote.

Also CCKeane started doing that "I'm only half responding to your posts in the most obnoxious way possible" thing to me that he did when he was scum in twewy so now I'm pretty suspicious of him

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
I tracked and confirmed a town bus driver n1 in the last game I was in, it's a fun role :v:

Dancer
May 23, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

And it bugs me that you continue bringing up this point. Do you honestly genuinely believe that the alleged tracker IS had 3 nights to do his tracking? If you want to question his claim, question N2, or question N3 under the belief that he's lying about being blocked. It's as certain as we can be of almost anything that he couldn't possibly track anyone N1.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

You could have still drawn those cards without being the tracker.

Fair. It was really more in response to Sal calling the whole claim fake, but you're right that I can't prove the existence of my tracker card beyond providing the name of it, as I have. But either I then had to draw that card N3, or I have to have made up at least one of the cards I stated, right?

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Xad posted:

I tracked and confirmed a town bus driver n1 in the last game I was in, it's a fun role :v:

Low blow Xad, low blow :v: .

Dancer
May 23, 2011

IllegallySober posted:

Fair. It was really more in response to Sal calling the whole claim fake, but you're right that I can't prove the existence of my tracker card beyond providing the name of it, as I have. But either I then had to draw that card N3, or I have to have made up at least one of the cards I stated, right?

tbf, that's not exactly hard.

"Emm... I drew Magical Cylinder! It reflects an action directed at me upon the attacker!" (decent chance that this is what binus had :v:)

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Dancer posted:

And it bugs me that you continue bringing up this point. Do you honestly genuinely believe that the alleged tracker IS had 3 nights to do his tracking? If you want to question his claim, question N2, or question N3 under the belief that he's lying about being blocked. It's as certain as we can be of almost anything that he couldn't possibly track anyone N1.

2 nights. N1 it's understandable. But we are in night 3 so at this point i feel you are arguing semantics.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

IllegallySober posted:

again, how does you giving more evidence of definitely not tracking oppose the criticism of you for not tracking

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I mean, if I truly was scum I could also be getting fed card names/abilities from my scumbuddies, I suppose. But I think pretty much everybody paying attention would agree my play this game has not suggested that I'm some mastermind at work here.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Xad posted:

Yeah I'm not moving my vote.

Also CCKeane started doing that "I'm only half responding to your posts in the most obnoxious way possible" thing to me that he did when he was scum in twewy so now I'm pretty suspicious of him

Right? It’s annoying.

Dancer posted:

I mean, I get that this is something reasonable people can disagree with, but the way I see it, case in point. Birb could get away with that specifically because tracker sucks (well, no it doesn't, it can absolutely nail people to the wall in the right circumstances, but it's on the weaker side).

Tracker is pretty strong to have :psyduck:

A tracker that has failed to track anyone all 3 nights is not a very good tracker, imo.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

like come on if you're scum then you'd also know what cards your buds have, or you could be telling the truth about doing other stuff on the side while a bro NKed, going all "ooh, I know real names of actual random cards" means jack and poo poo

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Bifauxnen posted:

again, how does you giving more evidence of definitely not tracking oppose the criticism of you for not tracking

It doesn't, but I'm asserting it DOES show I was doing something else other than tracking and not lying about the whole thing.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

2 nights. N1 it's understandable. But we are in night 3 so at this point i feel you are arguing semantics.

N3 he claimed being roleblocked without knowing that ghogd would confirm this... then ghogd confirmed this*. You believe this is a coincidence? Or do you believe ghogd is his scumbud/3p ally?

*note: aforementioned it being past my bed-time, I don't have the energy to 100% confirm this right now, but I'm fairly confident of it.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Mr. Humalong posted:

Right? It’s annoying.

Tracker is pretty strong to have :psyduck:

A tracker that has failed to track anyone all 3 nights is not a very good tracker, imo.

“Good tracker” ?? It’s possible to get unlucky with the targets, not to mention there appear to be a lot of vanilla roles. Doesn’t mean they’re scum

Not a fan of this post

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

b-minus1 posted:

“Good tracker” ?? It’s possible to get unlucky with the targets, not to mention there appear to be a lot of vanilla roles. Doesn’t mean they’re scum

Not a fan of this post

It’s impossible for IS to get unlucky with his targets because he has not picked a single target to track

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I probably missed this. But Did ghgd originally claim a jail action? I was surprised when he said he tried to jail sal, as I thought his only ability was to hand out flags

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide

b-minus1 posted:

Scum jailer?

This post seems Iike you have extra info. Like you know sal is town. Scumdar going off

I don't know if Sal is town or not, sorry.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

b-minus1 posted:

Not a fan of this post

I half disagree? Even vanilla roles can do plenty of actions. What we do have though is at least one role-block, and an arguably genuine reason to do something other than your track action.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

b-minus1 posted:

I probably missed this. But Did ghgd originally claim a jail action? I was surprised when he said he tried to jail sal, as I thought his only ability was to hand out flags

Good point. He ignored this post:

Dancer posted:

Is this the first time you reveal this?

while responding to the post immediately preceding it.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

b-minus1 posted:

You are confusing 2 people. It was IS who tried to jail me

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Dancer posted:

I half disagree? Even vanilla roles can do plenty of actions. What we do have though is at least one role-block, and an arguably genuine reason to do something other than your track action.

Sure. I’m vanilla and can technically do more than just draw a card (I can trade), but afaik my action doesn’t involve visiting a player. I could be wrong, I just figured basic card actions (draw,trade etc) are different than PR abilities

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

wait hold on, you are a tracker, and instead of tracking someone you thought was scum, you jailed them instead? Exactly what information did you think you would gain over just tracking them?

##vote IllegalySober

I'm not buying this

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Mr. Humalong posted:

Mr. Humalong posted:

It’s impossible for IS to get unlucky with his targets because he has not picked a single target to track

I'll also throw out there that it's an interesting standpoint to decide that if I'm a claimed tracker, that the best thing for town to do is to dunk me as opposed to actually seeing if I have results to claim going forward.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Dancer posted:

Good point. He ignored this post:

while responding to the post immediately preceding it.

O hell I missed GHGDs post.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
FYI I’m almost certainly gonna vote sober but since more people are here I think we should wait a little longer to hammer

Dancer
May 23, 2011

IllegallySober posted:

I'll also throw out there that it's an interesting standpoint to decide that if I'm a claimed tracker, that the best thing for town to do is to dunk me as opposed to actually seeing if I have results to claim going forward.

Uuuugh you're not helpiiiing

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

Tracking is an immensely powerful role. I'd prefer tracker to cop, tbh. Tracking gives clear results instead of possible things that can affect cop results.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Khris Kruel posted:

wait hold on, you are a tracker, and instead of tracking someone you thought was scum, you jailed them instead? Exactly what information did you think you would gain over just tracking them?

##vote IllegalySober

I'm not buying this

jfc I almost wanna thank you for spelling it out for a dumb idiot like me, I had read that he did try tracking on N3 I'm dumb (and still loving sleepy).

I'm going to go for some fresh air.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Dancer posted:

Uuuugh you're not helpiiiing

Hey, I'm here in the service of town at this point. If I'm dunked, I'm dunked, but when I flip town at least it's going to be evident who was pushing hardest for it.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

IllegallySober posted:

I haven’t voted for you, but lol you’re not helping your case.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Khris Kruel posted:

Tracking is an immensely powerful role. I'd prefer tracker to cop, tbh. Tracking gives clear results instead of possible things that can affect cop results.

I disagree. If everyone has the ability to draw a card instead of performing whatever else, anyone who draws I'm tracking precisely nowhere.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Khris Kruel posted:

This is philosophical at this point. Maybe it's that especially sour feeling after a game where you know "hey I tracked 3 different scumbos but never had anything to show for it because they didn't perform the loving kill :v: ", but I'd rather be cop4lyfe.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
(yes that was of course massively oversimplified)

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Khris Kruel posted:

##vote IllegalySober

I'm not buying this

And as for this, my reasoning was I would rather prevent someone I suspected as scum from taking any action (like drawing a card) as opposed to running the risk that I would track them nowhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Dancer posted:

This is philosophical at this point. Maybe it's that especially sour feeling after a game where you know "hey I tracked 3 different scumbos but never had anything to show for it because they didn't perform the loving kill :v: ", but I'd rather be cop4lyfe.

Exactly how I feel as well. You're getting a result in any event as a cop.

• Locked thread