Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Knorth posted:

Heck yes pathologic

I can't wait to have a terrible time playing Pathologic 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

SelenicMartian posted:

The first episode of The Council ended with a choice between maybe sex, and getting accused of murder. I did not choose wisely.

There's at least one more outcome I have come across - if you tell her she should leave the island, Elizabeth disappears rather than being murdered. As far as I know that's the only for her to survive(?), since she's still killed if you choose to go to your room.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

RBA Starblade posted:

I can't wait to have a terrible time playing Pathologic 2.

Can't wait to hang out with the dogsheads, who by the way have the dogs heads

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

I was a little surprised when I remembered this game is eight years old, but the further in I got the more it felt its age.

:blastu: FPSummer :blastu:

1. Bunker Punks
2. Far Cry
3. E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy
4. Immortal Redneck
5. Rise of the Triad
6. BioShock Remastered
7. Crysis
8. Hard Reset Redux
9. Far Cry 2
10. Sanctum
11. Judge Dredd: Dredd vs Death
12. Crysis Warhead
13. BioShock 2 Remastered
14. Receiver
15. Blood and Bacon
16. Far Cry 3
17. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood
18. BioShock Infinite
19. Prey
20. Call of Juarez Gunslinger
21. Crysis 2
22. Burial At Sea - Episode One (DLC)
23. Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon
24. Sanctum 2
25. Day One: Garry's Incident
26. Totally Accurate Battlegrounds
27. Shadow Warrior
28. Burial At Sea - Episode Two (DLC)

29. Medal of Honor

It may be hard to recall now but before the military shooter world was divvied up between Call of Duty and Battlefield, EA had another entry in the realistic dude-shooting genre. That was Medal of Honor, a series which followed a similar arc to CoD and ended with this un-subtitled visit to the hellish quagmire that was early-aughts Afghanistan. I think most Americans would rather forget about that particular chapter in our checkered history so it’s no surprise this title has been mostly left behind. For those that do remember it, it hearkens back not just to a war better left untouched, but also antiquated designs better left in the past.

Medal of Honor details a particularly lovely day in the war against terror, told from multiple perspectives. You’ll spend the bulk of your time as a Tier 1 Operator, perhaps the douchiest possible designation for someone really good at killing people. Apparently these are the guys that do all the action-hero stuff like contacting informants and taking out convoys on their own, because that’s what you’ll be doing here. In other missions you’ll step into the boots of a rank-and-file Airborne Ranger for some more chaotic firefights, and an Apache pilot to do some gratifying turret-shooting of mountain-based terrorists. No matter the mission you’ll always have your squadmates and central command in your ear, chattering in military lingo as the bullets whiz past.

I might as well hit one of MoH’s big weaknesses now, the lack of a compelling central story. Modern Warfare chronicled a possible World War III and Black Ops delved into reality-bending conspiracies, but Medal of Honor is really just about another day in Afghanistan. The game opens with you tracking down an informant, then develops a subplot about sending unnecessary ground forces into the region, and then wraps up with a pitched battle against some of Al Qaeda’s foreign allies. I’ll give the ending some props for striking a solid emotional tone, but nowhere else in here is a strong narrative or character moments it needs. To some, this more grounded, realistic take on contemporary warfare might be welcome in light of how absurd its peers have become. That’s no excuse for a paper-thin story, though.

Despite the airs of realism, this is still very much the traditional CoD-style shooting gallery. Your foes will burst out of cover at scripted moments to take positions and pepper you with gunfire until you pick them off from your own cover. There are no open maps or choices to be made of any kind here, just following the path carved out for you and shooting all the dudes dropped in the way. Actually you’re not even following the path, you’re following the scripted NPC squadmates you are never without. Every single mission gives you one or more partners who constantly orders you around, opens doors from you, and stops you from killing particular dudes so they can get their own brief glory moments. This even happens in the Apache sequence, as you follow around another helicopter that calls out your targets for you. You’ll get a few buddy moments like giving each other a boost up a wall, and you can request ammo from partners if you don’t want to swap an empty weapon for a scavenged one, but other than that they’re your static chaperones for the duration.

The shooting itself is fine, of course, offering a variety of beefy weapons to kill with. You’ll have standard-issue rifles, silenced submachine guns, a couple LMGs to blaze away with, and one neat sequence with a .50 cal sniper rifle picking dudes off of a distant mountain. But this is where the realism peels away, sending whole squads of insurgents for you to gun down on your own. There’s one part as the Army Ranger where your team of four is pinned down in a hut by dozens of enemies. They just keep coming, standing out on the open slopes for you to pick off one after another, and clearly scripted when they need to do something like fire a geometry-destroying RPG. You kill upwards of a hundred of these guys on your own, despite this being painted as some sort of desperate, emotional last stand, and it just doesn’t gel. And it’s worth mentioning that your foes are always generic Taliban or Al Qaeda fighters, with zero characterization or humanizing elements. It can feel pretty gross if you start digging into the real-world implications of mowing down Muslims by the bushel, especially with them being as faceless as they are here.

On top of all this are technical issues like scripting breaks and poor AI. None of them were gamebreaking, but the game is so heavily scripted that it will straight-up stop you from shooting certain enemies before voice lines about them play. During a mid-game mission I was also instructed to lay down covering fire that would not register no matter how many times I reloaded the checkpoint. Reloading the entire mission did the trick, but there’s really no excuse for that. And the AI may as well be non-existent, because your enemies are so scripted even on Hard that they’ll never press up to you or flush you out of cover. In almost every fight you’re safe to chill behind walls and click on heads at your leisure.

I fully admit to being hard on military shooters, what with most of my experience coming from the Modern Warfare peak era. With that in mind, if you’re looking for a more realistic, less bombastic shooter, take this as a recommendation instead. I wouldn’t really call Medal of Honor a bad game, just one that I and the rest of the world have very conspicuously moved on from. While the core action is competent for the four or five hours it lasts, the story, characters, and details leave so much to be desired, and the lasting glitches can easily be the last nail in that coffin. It’s a decent romp if that’s what you’re looking for, and supposedly the multiplayer is still active but the game decided not to register my account so I’ll never know for sure. It’s not what I’m looking for though, and it’s not good enough to convince me otherwise, so for my part Medal of Honor is better off retired with last generation’s more generic shooters.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I wish Warframe was actually fun to play and not buried in hundreds of convoluted systems and timers.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Too Shy Guy posted:

29. Medal of Honor

It may be hard to recall now but before the military shooter world was divvied up between Call of Duty and Battlefield, EA had another entry in the realistic dude-shooting genre. That was Medal of Honor, a series which followed a similar arc to CoD and ended with this un-subtitled visit to the hellish quagmire that was early-aughts Afghanistan. I think most Americans would rather forget about that particular chapter in our checkered history so it’s no surprise this title has been mostly left behind. For those that do remember it, it hearkens back not just to a war better left untouched, but also antiquated designs better left in the past.

Medal of Honor details a particularly lovely day in the war against terror, told from multiple perspectives. You’ll spend the bulk of your time as a Tier 1 Operator, perhaps the douchiest possible designation for someone really good at killing people. Apparently these are the guys that do all the action-hero stuff like contacting informants and taking out convoys on their own, because that’s what you’ll be doing here. In other missions you’ll step into the boots of a rank-and-file Airborne Ranger for some more chaotic firefights, and an Apache pilot to do some gratifying turret-shooting of mountain-based terrorists. No matter the mission you’ll always have your squadmates and central command in your ear, chattering in military lingo as the bullets whiz past.

I might as well hit one of MoH’s big weaknesses now, the lack of a compelling central story. Modern Warfare chronicled a possible World War III and Black Ops delved into reality-bending conspiracies, but Medal of Honor is really just about another day in Afghanistan. The game opens with you tracking down an informant, then develops a subplot about sending unnecessary ground forces into the region, and then wraps up with a pitched battle against some of Al Qaeda’s foreign allies. I’ll give the ending some props for striking a solid emotional tone, but nowhere else in here is a strong narrative or character moments it needs. To some, this more grounded, realistic take on contemporary warfare might be welcome in light of how absurd its peers have become. That’s no excuse for a paper-thin story, though.

Despite the airs of realism, this is still very much the traditional CoD-style shooting gallery. Your foes will burst out of cover at scripted moments to take positions and pepper you with gunfire until you pick them off from your own cover. There are no open maps or choices to be made of any kind here, just following the path carved out for you and shooting all the dudes dropped in the way. Actually you’re not even following the path, you’re following the scripted NPC squadmates you are never without. Every single mission gives you one or more partners who constantly orders you around, opens doors from you, and stops you from killing particular dudes so they can get their own brief glory moments. This even happens in the Apache sequence, as you follow around another helicopter that calls out your targets for you. You’ll get a few buddy moments like giving each other a boost up a wall, and you can request ammo from partners if you don’t want to swap an empty weapon for a scavenged one, but other than that they’re your static chaperones for the duration.

The shooting itself is fine, of course, offering a variety of beefy weapons to kill with. You’ll have standard-issue rifles, silenced submachine guns, a couple LMGs to blaze away with, and one neat sequence with a .50 cal sniper rifle picking dudes off of a distant mountain. But this is where the realism peels away, sending whole squads of insurgents for you to gun down on your own. There’s one part as the Army Ranger where your team of four is pinned down in a hut by dozens of enemies. They just keep coming, standing out on the open slopes for you to pick off one after another, and clearly scripted when they need to do something like fire a geometry-destroying RPG. You kill upwards of a hundred of these guys on your own, despite this being painted as some sort of desperate, emotional last stand, and it just doesn’t gel. And it’s worth mentioning that your foes are always generic Taliban or Al Qaeda fighters, with zero characterization or humanizing elements. It can feel pretty gross if you start digging into the real-world implications of mowing down Muslims by the bushel, especially with them being as faceless as they are here.

On top of all this are technical issues like scripting breaks and poor AI. None of them were gamebreaking, but the game is so heavily scripted that it will straight-up stop you from shooting certain enemies before voice lines about them play. During a mid-game mission I was also instructed to lay down covering fire that would not register no matter how many times I reloaded the checkpoint. Reloading the entire mission did the trick, but there’s really no excuse for that. And the AI may as well be non-existent, because your enemies are so scripted even on Hard that they’ll never press up to you or flush you out of cover. In almost every fight you’re safe to chill behind walls and click on heads at your leisure.

I fully admit to being hard on military shooters, what with most of my experience coming from the Modern Warfare peak era. With that in mind, if you’re looking for a more realistic, less bombastic shooter, take this as a recommendation instead. I wouldn’t really call Medal of Honor a bad game, just one that I and the rest of the world have very conspicuously moved on from. While the core action is competent for the four or five hours it lasts, the story, characters, and details leave so much to be desired, and the lasting glitches can easily be the last nail in that coffin. It’s a decent romp if that’s what you’re looking for, and supposedly the multiplayer is still active but the game decided not to register my account so I’ll never know for sure. It’s not what I’m looking for though, and it’s not good enough to convince me otherwise, so for my part Medal of Honor is better off retired with last generation’s more generic shooters.
I'd thought for years that Medal of Honor and Medal of Honor: Warfighter were the same game, and only learned recently that the latter was a sequel to the former.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

as someone who played quite a bunch of warframe in closed alpha->open beta it always seemed like the design goals were to just keep stapling more and more goofy crap over the top of all the broken stuff rather than creating a coherent and focused videogame

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

there was a point in time in warframe's history where they fully intended it to be eventually possible to thief and/or dishonored style stealth your way through missions, and had frame abilities entirely designed around this eventuality, despite the fact it was never, ever rendered functional in the time i was playing the game

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

as someone who played quite a bunch of warframe in closed alpha->open beta it always seemed like the design goals were to just keep stapling more and more goofy crap over the top of all the broken stuff rather than creating a coherent and focused videogame

I enjoy going back to Warframe sometimes but this is still pretty much true. SpaceWings still suck, underwater stuff is pretty lovely, and the open world type thing they released was just OK.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

SelenicMartian posted:

The first episode of The Council ended with a choice between maybe sex, and getting accused of murder. I did not choose wisely.

Well, don't keep us in suspense.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The best thing I can say about Medal of Honor (on PC) was that because its single player and multiplayer ran on a different engines you can install one without the other.

So if I ever feel like generically shooting some generic enemies with generic guns in generic locations in a game called Medal of Honor at least I only have to take up half the hard drive space I normally would.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

The Council Episode 2 definitely wants polish: a lot of dialogues (at least early on) don't have custom cameras and the full range of facial animation. Which is odd because it's a whodunit quest at that point.

They are releasing episodes while also putting finishing touches on everything I guess, it's build 0.9something.

Fat Samurai posted:

Well, don't keep us in suspense.
There's a lot of polish here.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Is that french courtesan going to fist fight a cardinal?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

What type of game is the coucil?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

there was a point in time in warframe's history where they fully intended it to be eventually possible to thief and/or dishonored style stealth your way through missions, and had frame abilities entirely designed around this eventuality, despite the fact it was never, ever rendered functional in the time i was playing the game

You can do this right now, and one of the mission types, Spy, is focused on doing only this to be maximally successful/efficient. The issue that that thanks to various power creeps from the multitude of systems you're typically a permanently invisible frame and you never interact with anything but a console or two.

Warframe is a good and cool game but the overlapping systems that get introduced and then never expanded but are still in the line of progression for various newer systems loving blow and I will never begrudge someone for not wanting to put up with that aspect.

Real hurthling! posted:

It's a TellTale-em-up but not as staid and terrible as that might recently imply.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Real hurthling! posted:

Have you ever wanted to see old people rendered with incredibly gross and detailed skin?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i should also mention that the last time i played warframe is likely over four years ago at this point, i have no idea where the feature creep kudzu has taken it since then

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jul 26, 2018

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

BexGu posted:

She's British.

Real hurthling! posted:

As I said, Alpha Protocol without the combat (jank is included). You have a bunch of skills you develop:

You run into situations where you can get information/items using them. That takes stamina points, which do not regenerate with time, so you have to pick your 'battles'. Generally, a skill you're good at drains you less, and you may even avoid any strain altogether.

There are also minor bonuses for various feats,

and a database of suspects because each fucker on this island has different strengths and weaknesses you have to suss either by running into them head on, or via snooping.

Cojawfee posted:

Have you ever wanted to see old people rendered with incredibly gross and detailed skin?

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Real hurthling! posted:

BexGu posted:

I can only dream :allears:

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Looks like my Oblivion character.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

BexGu posted:

That is how Antipopes are chosen.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Enjoying playing Let Them Come on my laptop. Any other cool, small games I can jump in and out of quickly that won't burn down my laptop.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

-Blackadder- posted:

Enjoying playing Let Them Come on my laptop. Any other cool, small games I can jump in and out of quickly that won't burn down my laptop.

Into the breech

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

:911:

The jank is rising. Come Ep.3, there is a major cutscene with no mouth animation.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
The NDA for Yakuza 0 ended today and judging from the reviews (pcgamer so far) and youtube sega did good on the pc port again. :woop:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Terminally Bored posted:

The NDA for Yakuza 0 ended today and judging from the reviews (pcgamer so far) and youtube sega did good on the pc port again. :woop:

https://i.imgur.com/b3l6tn2.gifv

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Freedom intensifies.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
Banner Saga 3 just came out.

From all accounts both professionally and personally, it sounds like it's the actual idealized Bioware/Telltale ending people have been hoping a game would do for awhile now. Tons of various ways it could end, lots of people dead off your choices, choices actually mattering across the board, etc etc.

For those who were turned off the weird combat in 1, they did a lot of changes in 2 to make it a bit less cheesy. Haven't touched 3 yet, but I imagine they've gone further down that route since they've made more then a few references to understanding the problems with 1's combat system.

All combined it's a 40-60 hour long RPG with a tactical combat system similar to your Tactics or whatnot, set in a dying Viking world, with one of the first iterations of choices mattering apparently most of us have seen. I looked up all the permutations that could happen off the ending I chose for Banner Saga 1 back in the day, and it's got multiple scenarios/events that are specific to my choice character making it.

I'll be going through the whole trilogy sometime in the next week or so, and I'll write up a bigger trip report then. Just mainly wanted to drop that line for people who either played 1 and burned off the combat system, or who never really looked into it.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
The Vault of Forgotten PC Adventure Games

Nightmare Ned
The Dark Eye
Ceremony of Innocence

Morpheus

Developer and Publisher: Soap Bubble Productions/Piranha Interactive Publishing

Year of Release: 1998

"Why would [my father] abandon his fellow explorers to follow the ravings of a dying man who had wandered into his camp? I close my eyes and see my father, dying alone, as I am now. My dreams are invaded by strange hallucinations. I fear that even death will not release me from these nightmares.The storm wind is letting up. A shadow. In this blinding tunnel of light, I'm drawn to its darkness. Warmth in this Arctic desert. An oasis. Is it a dream?"

Herculania Deck

Morpheus opens up with a man named Matthew Holmes who has ventured to the North Pole to locate his lost father, who disappeared decades ago looking for the Herculania, a luxury liner that was lost to the polar seas in 1928 during Holmes’ father’s Arctic expedition. Holmes gets lost from his party in a blizzard and after struggling to survive for several days finds himself on the Herculania. Ghosts of the past are the only company he has on board the ship as Holmes delves into the mysteries of the vessel, namely about a peculiar device known as the Neurographicon, a machine that can create dream worlds out of people’s sub-conscious and can be used to strengthen a person’s body and mind at a certain cost.

Morpheus is a first person adventure game ala Riven and 7th Guest. You pan the camera around with left click on your mouse when a helm icon appears and you can move to another screen when an arrow pops up. Icons such as magnifying glasses and hands will tell you when you can interact with objects. Because it’s all tied to left click, the controls can be a bit janky, accidentally leaving an interactable puzzle happened to me multiple times, though it was never a deal breaker to me. The game is structured in two major sections, exploring the Herculania and diving into the Neurographicon and entering the dream worlds of the passengers. The game’s format is that you need non-randomized three digit passcodes to enter each passenger’s room in order to obtain their personalized Neurographicon serum. When you do so you enter their dream world and have to solve three major puzzles in order to leave and put the passenger to rest. After restoring all the power to the ship, you’re free to tackle finding any of the passengers’ room codes and enter their dream worlds in any order. For the most part the puzzles are actually really good; they are much more in the vein of Riven than Myst in that they’re predicated on exploring the environment and piecing together what you learn instead of logic puzzles that have nothing to do with the game’s world and its characters. There’s only one part of the game that I’d say is bad mechanically and it’s the dream world set on a tropical island. All the puzzles there are just lovely trial and error and unlike the rest of the game that section gives you no information to give you a good foundation to start with.

Narratively and atmospherically Morpheus is like if you threw Bioshock, 7th Guest, Cryostasis, and The Dream Machine into a blender. The Herculania’s art deco design is superb and combined with its fantastical technology makes the Herculania a wonderful setting to explore. The dream worlds are pretty neat too, ranging from a carnival with Barnum-esque sideshows and attractions to an Arabic palace and bazaar. The cast are all bunch of assholes, but the narrative is still engaging enough to figure out what happened despite this. The characters are portrayed by live actors in FMV. They’re more on the mediocre end of the FMV game actor spectrum, not really bad but not super good either. Unfortunately, the ending is a big old wet fart, but I’d still say the game is still worth playing, just don’t expect the narrative to blow you away.

When it comes to Morpheus’s re-release status its prospects are actually rather promising, as the son of the head designer has been working in his spare time on remastering the game to run on modern OSes for the past year and a half. You can follow his progress on Twitter

Morpheus is a quality example of a 90’s first person adventure game and I’d definitely advise to check it out if you’re so inclined.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jul 26, 2018

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

SelenicMartian posted:

Freedom intensifies.

Presidents only want one thing, and it's disgusting.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Cojawfee posted:

Presidents only want one thing, and it's disgusting.

look sometimes the only option is to just grab 'em by the pussy

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

does anyone know how to take steam's new chat client and shoot it in the head? Alternatively is there a way to make the chat window not pop up when steam starts?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

someone posted 2 launch options that are supposed to revert the friends list stuff yesterday i think.

i just restarted steam a couple minutes ago and didnt get any popups. no clue what option i have checked for that though.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Rookersh posted:

Banner Saga 3 just came out.

From all accounts both professionally and personally, it sounds like it's the actual idealized Bioware/Telltale ending people have been hoping a game would do for awhile now. Tons of various ways it could end, lots of people dead off your choices, choices actually mattering across the board, etc etc.

For those who were turned off the weird combat in 1, they did a lot of changes in 2 to make it a bit less cheesy. Haven't touched 3 yet, but I imagine they've gone further down that route since they've made more then a few references to understanding the problems with 1's combat system.

All combined it's a 40-60 hour long RPG with a tactical combat system similar to your Tactics or whatnot, set in a dying Viking world, with one of the first iterations of choices mattering apparently most of us have seen. I looked up all the permutations that could happen off the ending I chose for Banner Saga 1 back in the day, and it's got multiple scenarios/events that are specific to my choice character making it.

I'll be going through the whole trilogy sometime in the next week or so, and I'll write up a bigger trip report then. Just mainly wanted to drop that line for people who either played 1 and burned off the combat system, or who never really looked into it.

I played one, enjoyed it though the combat grew stale. Got the second in the last summer sale but was waiting for 3 to come out before jumping in.

Unfortunately my first playthrough was a whole computer ago and the game apparently doesn't do cloud saving. What's the best way to speed run through the combat while re-doing the CYOA? I am not averse to cheating through 1 to get through the battles quickly.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

ZearothK posted:

I played one, enjoyed it though the combat grew stale. Got the second in the last summer sale but was waiting for 3 to come out before jumping in.

Unfortunately my first playthrough was a whole computer ago and the game apparently doesn't do cloud saving. What's the best way to speed run through the combat while re-doing the CYOA? I am not averse to cheating through 1 to get through the battles quickly.

I mean I'm about to play through it again, so I can probably just upload my save for you or something.

I'm going to go Dad route though cause I'm a horrible monster. So that might be an issue.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

isnt the whole point to make your own decisions? if hes gonna take your save he might as well just take whatever the game automatically generates for him when it doesnt detect a banner saga 1 save

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Haha gently caress I didn't even know about this guy. The dialogue options are excellent.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Ghostlight posted:

Haha gently caress I didn't even know about this guy. The dialogue options are excellent.

supposedly he is about as rare as a mirror drop so most of us will never see him in game unfortunately

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
does vampyr run well enough to justify its sale price of $37 or should i wait for a deeper discount?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I would say Vampyr is worth exactly 30bux for normies and then possibly more based upon how in love you are with the concept / want Dontnod to keep making games. It runs perfectly fine on Steam, though.