Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

One thing I've never got is how wrestlers seem to think "big dog" makes you sound tough. I've known some bernese mountain dogs and Newfoundlands. Commentator calls a wrestler "the big dog" I'm not thinking "tough scary bastard", I'm thinking "big drooling softy probably gonna shed all over the furniture".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Drake and the Big Dog both suck.

then how come they both make a ton of money? check and mate :smug:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/WWERomanReigns/status/1022248059441475584

God, Roman is so goddamn bad at twitter.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I want to see Tama call Roman a Hoe Muffin

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

then how come they both make a ton of money? check and mate :smug:

Roman:Tama Tonga::Drake:Pusha T

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

So what iffffff Tama and Roman switched places?

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Y'all are subtly racist enough that you won't tell the difference

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

So what iffffff Tama and Roman switched places?

WWE would probably be happy because people would be begging for Roman to come back.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Y'all are subtly racist enough that you won't tell the difference

I feel like Tama'd last for 5 seconds before his first motherfucker! outs him.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I coudl see the WWE signing him thinking they have the best young Bullet Club member only to have to release him after his first promo

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

sportsgenius86 posted:

WWE would probably be happy because people would be begging for Roman to come back.

Tama is better than Roman in basically every way.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

sportsgenius86 posted:

I know Firing Squad's storyline is kind of a dud, but Jesus Christ.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Vince MechMahon posted:

Tama is better than Roman in basically every way.

Roman is a much much better wrestler.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
They're both being suffocated by lame booking right now and Tama is still way better.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Roman is a much much better wrestler.
absolutely

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

VJeff posted:

They're both being suffocated by lame booking right now and Tama is still way better.

I'm not sure Tama has ever had a really good singles match let alone a great one, and he's had the opportunity to work with guys like Okada, Omega, Ishii and Suzuki.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Remember that time a goon claimed that NJPW wouldn't hire Roman in a heartbeat if they had the chance lmao

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Roman would be a middling guy (performance-wise) in the G1 as opposed to Guy Who Shouldn’t Be There

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

extradite THIS! posted:

Remember that time a goon claimed that NJPW wouldn't hire Roman in a heartbeat if they had the chance lmao

People are so loving stupid.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

jesus WEP posted:

Roman would be a middling guy (performance-wise) in the G1 as opposed to Guy Who Shouldn’t Be There

Roman has really great timing in the ring so I could see him having real bangers with pretty much anyone in the tournament who can layout an exciting match. Which is to say everyone but Michael Elgin and Tama Tonga at this point. Yes, I really do think Roman would have a good match with YOSHI-HASHI.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Roman has really great timing in the ring so I could see him having real bangers with pretty much anyone in the tournament who can layout an exciting match. Which is to say everyone but Michael Elgin and Tama Tonga at this point. Yes, I really do think Roman would have a good match with YOSHI-HASHI.
yeah i actually did mean that as a compliment, like he’d be probably the 4th best dude in A Block (probably like 7th or 8th in B though)

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I think YOSHI-HASHI gets poo poo on a little too much sometimes. He's a victim of being surrounded by loving amazing wrestlers. And while he's not on the level of most of those other guys, he's totally fine and capable of having really good matches. He's a much better singles guy than Tama Tonga.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I'd be more excited to see Roman Reigns defect WWE and going to NJPW for a while than any current NJPW coming over to WWE except possibly Tanahashi to do a couple dream matches before he retires.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

im imagining a condescending douche bag roman reigns in njpw and im gettin hype, i'd love to boo that fucker

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I'm not sure Tama has ever had a really good singles match let alone a great one, and he's had the opportunity to work with guys like Okada, Omega, Ishii and Suzuki.

And Roman has?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

VJeff posted:

And Roman has?
Roman's had good singles matches, they're just all over-shadowed by Bobby Lashley and Brock Lesner matches with the occasional sprinkled in badly put together matches, like with Samoa Joe which I assume was agented that way so Joe wouldn't be more over than Reigns.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

VJeff posted:

And Roman has?
yeah a bunch of them in fact

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

oh sorry they probably don’t count since he was carried, Tom Magee-like, by noted ring general Braun Strowman

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yeah, sorry, I meant actually great, not just passable by WWE's dire-rear end standards.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Roman has gotten better out of Braun Strowman than Tama has managed with the best workers in a generation

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

jesus WEP posted:

oh sorry they probably don’t count since he was carried, Tom Magee-like, by noted ring general Braun Strowman

hes better than roman

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

jesus WEP posted:

my favorite part of this is that he's actually fully laying down on the rope and resting

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Roman stinks it up in the main event a dozen times but manages to have a Good Match against Braun Strowman and he's great, yeah that's exactly what I mean when I say WWE's dire-rear end standards.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I don't watch WWE so I can't comment on Roman's in ring but his twitter is the softest rear end kale flecked poo poo I've seen since a south florida girl got told she was in the NXT pipeline.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Napping aside, Roman can sell but his offense is pretty boring now that it's not just done as a hot tag.

So a match where he was all sell being entertaining makes perfect sense.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

VJeff posted:

Roman stinks it up in the main event a dozen times but manages to have a Good Match against Braun Strowman and he's great, yeah that's exactly what I mean when I say WWE's dire-rear end standards.
Roman's best singles matches in 2017-2018 are better than Tama's best has ever been. It's tough to call someone in WWE "great" because, hey, it's way easier to have great matches when you're in the ring with some of the best wrestlers of a generation than it is when you're in the ring with Jinder Mahal, but oh well.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Like, gently caress, nobody's saying he's Okada but it wouldn't kill you to say "oh, huh, that was pretty good despite my misgivings with how WWE puts matches together and have booked him." He'd be better served in another promotion, but so would literally everyone in WWE aside from Brock.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Roman's matches are slow and boring. He's not fluid at all and fails at even the most basic of moves. He's managed to have a few decent matches when they are heavily agented around his glaring flaws. Great? No way. Anyone who insists Roman has "great matches" has serious WWE Stockholm syndrome.

I'd put him and Tama on about equal footing.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

sleepwalkers posted:

Like, gently caress, nobody's saying he's Okada but it wouldn't kill you to say "oh, huh, that was pretty good despite my misgivings with how WWE puts matches together and have booked him." He'd be better served in another promotion, but so would literally everyone in WWE aside from Brock.

I'm not saying the guy loving sucks or anything, I'm saying that going "Tama's never had a great match" is dumb if you're comparing the two because neither has he.

Roman has had matches I really liked like his Royal Rumble match with Owens but they were smoke and mirrored to gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

VJeff posted:

Yeah, sorry, I meant actually great, not just passable by WWE's dire-rear end standards.

Shut up VJeff. They're not saying he's better than Okada or Kenny or something. Why are people stanning so hard for Tama Tonga's alleged ring generalship?

Also WWE regularly puts on technically great matches all the time, they're just utterly overshadowed by poo poo booking.