Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Intel&Sebastian posted:

one thing I do like about xbl is that it's seemingly a lot easier for users to find the gamertag of a rando they just played so you get a lot more salty/braggy messages when playing Madden.

Psn has a met in game menu for sending hatemail now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

a bitchin jetski posted:

No one gives a poo poo about backwards compatibility.

I can’t believe how wrong this is.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Cojawfee posted:

I think it's actually illegal to sell any electronics not made in Brazil, so they have big black markets where you can buy illegally imported consoles.

Brazil is Trump's America in the future. Except replace gorgeous Latinas with flabby Germanic religious zealots.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah its huge which is why more gamers are choosing pc over xbox for the first time according to ubisoft .

Pc the ultimate console for classic and new games!

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just dance is fun and good. It’s a shame Harmonix and Activision got all credit for music games because ubi killed it with just dance and rock smith

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

re: old systems still getting games, I remember being weirded out back in 2006 when I saw Madden 2005 for PS1 in a Sears (speaking of obsolete poo poo). Apparently the PS2 kept getting them until 2012.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

PS4s online system is barebones but is quick, snappy, and works.

Xbox is slow and glitchy, but flashy.

Both stores are rear end for different reasons. They should really learn from steam.

Both love menus on top of menus.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

re: old systems still getting games, I remember being weirded out back in 2006 when I saw Madden 2005 for PS1 in a Sears (speaking of obsolete poo poo). Apparently the PS2 kept getting them until 2012.

also the best ps2 game ever released came out two years after the ps3 did

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

RBX posted:

Xbox is slow and glitchy, but flashy.

Both stores are rear end for different reasons. They should really learn from steam.

Both love menus on top of menus.

Psn needs a total modernization now that they are cutting ps3 loose next year but im not holding my breath. The xbox store is such a pain the poor console cant load all those pictures in a timely fashion at all. They should let you view it as a list or with images turned off.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Real hurthling! posted:

Psn needs a total modernization now that they are cutting ps3 loose next year but im not holding my breath. The xbox store is such a pain the poor console cant load all those pictures in a timely fashion at all. They should let you view it as a list or with images turned off.

What? They're killing all PS3 services? That's pretty hosed.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

fishmech posted:

What? They're killing all PS3 services? That's pretty hosed.

i didn't say that. sorry to be vague. they are removing ps3 support from ps+, which is the first step to ending its services i suppose since theres no reason for ps3 only owners to keep paying them month on month anymore starting next spring

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches
I'm considering buying an xb1x, but I'm confused about a lot of MS' weird policies. Does this new 'all games on xbox and pc' thing mean I'll be playing against people using mouse-aim? That sounds like a nightmare.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Only a few games like Killer Instinct or Gears 4 and it doesn't matter.

And that only counts for digital versions and only on the windows store so it's a very small amount of people.

Now when Halo and the new waves of exclusives ever comes out we'll see how bad it is.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Iirc some games ask console owners to opt into crossplay.

Also the rumormill says xbox will be getting m&kb game support very soon with official xbox hardware from razer coming too.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

Psn has a met in game menu for sending hatemail now

It barely works though. There's like a 15% chance it'll actually log the players you just met.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Real hurthling! posted:

i didn't say that. sorry to be vague. they are removing ps3 support from ps+, which is the first step to ending its services i suppose since theres no reason for ps3 only owners to keep paying them month on month anymore starting next spring

Oh ok still kinda sucks.

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches

Real hurthling! posted:

Iirc some games ask console owners to opt into crossplay.

Also the rumormill says xbox will be getting m&kb game support very soon with official xbox hardware from razer coming too.

The opt in thing is cool, the m&kb support not so much. I play on console because I want to lay back in my recliner and chill out. I don't want to have to use some weird setup where I'm sitting behind a hospital tray. Hopefully they still allow you to opt out.

edit: guess it doesn't really matter since console users will be on kb&m too.

HoneyBakedMAN fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Jul 25, 2018

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

fishmech posted:

Oh ok still kinda sucks.

Nah, I'm not interested in getting any more PS3 games at this point in time. It's a good thing they're ending PS+ for PS3.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

It barely works though. There's like a 15% chance it'll actually log the players you just met.

It might require the game to hand off that info and devs dont care.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Games with Gold for August:

Bonetown:

Forza Horizon 2
For Honor

360:

Dead Space 3
Epic Mickey 2

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/07/26/new-games-with-gold-for-august-2018/

Seems EHHHHHHHHHH, although for folks that have never played a Horizon game, Forza Horizon 2 still holds up pretty well.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Eh, I'm still thoroughly enjoying FH3 so I don't really see the need to spend the space and bandwidth on the earlier game.

Did that one goon end up buying For Honor over Overwatch? Because drat if they picked For Honor I bet they are mad.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I was double taking at fh2 like no way thats an xb1 game must be bc but lol theres literally about to be seven forza games native to the console

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Real hurthling! posted:

I was double taking at fh2 like no way thats an xb1 game must be bc but lol theres literally about to be seven forza games native to the console
It was on both consoles but they were not insignificantly different games.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

RBX posted:

Oh shut the hell up. Go try to search for something on the PS4 store and come back in five years.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ugh just bought for honor. Oh well still a good game

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Oh what’s that? You want to download a PS3/Vita game you put on your account years ago? Have fun sorting through hundreds and hundreds of items on your Download List that can’t be sorted or filtered at all, jackass

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Akuma posted:

It was on both consoles but they were not insignificantly different games.

Yeah the 360 version of FH2 was loving terrible. Looked worse than FH1.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Oh what’s that? You want to download a PS3/Vita game you put on your account years ago? Have fun sorting through hundreds and hundreds of items on your Download List that can’t be sorted or filtered at all, jackass

Next, you're going to tell us about the horrors of PSN on the PS2. Also, you do realize it's the same on the 360?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Do Xbox One X enhanced games often have better textures and effects, or is it usually a simple resolution jump?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

^almost always better textures, more effects, and better frame rates along with at least 1800p.

For Honor is better than average for free games. Worth a shot at least.

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jul 26, 2018

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

The Playstation store is a travesty on the console itself.

Webstore is fine though.

If you're looking for something to re-download, you can do it from the Webstore itself and just hit the download button on the product page.

But yeah gently caress going through the download/purchase history. Thankfully external hard drives exist and you should have everything you own installed.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Ineffiable posted:

But yeah gently caress going through the download/purchase history. Thankfully external hard drives exist and you should have everything you own installed.

You can just go to the Library view and see everything listed in a more reasonable format.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

For Honor has people that like to bow before they fight you. gently caress that, I'm just gonna Linebacker charge them into a hole. :hist101:

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

marathon Stairmaster sesh posted:

For Honor has people that like to bow before they fight you. gently caress that, I'm just gonna Linebacker charge them into a hole. :hist101:

Literally never saw this in game, just read some dorks arguing about fighting :decorum: on Reddit.

And yes knocking people off walls/into pits is a huge part of the game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Maneki Neko posted:

Games with Gold for August:

Bonetown:

Forza Horizon 2
For Honor

360:

Dead Space 3
Epic Mickey 2

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/07/26/new-games-with-gold-for-august-2018/

Seems EHHHHHHHHHH, although for folks that have never played a Horizon game, Forza Horizon 2 still holds up pretty well.

loving For Honor is extremely hype. I am excited about that even though I already have the game on PC.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I'm smart so I didn't buy a vita and what the hell does a PS3 game have anything to do with the PS4?

And why would I ever search for anything on either store. Both are rear end. I'd never have to randomly search for a game and it's easier to do it on a browser.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Vita is cool brandish tdr is uh amazing

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches
I think I'll buy an xb1x tomorrow and start off with Master Chief collection and GoW remaster. Can someone detail what exactly is included with these? It's hard to tell from googling.

a bitchin jetski
Jun 20, 2018

by SA Support Robot

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Or you could not be an idiot and just search for your game on the store and click on the "download" button that replaces the "buy" button if you own a game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bitchin jetski
Jun 20, 2018

by SA Support Robot

HoneyBakedMAN posted:

I think I'll buy an xb1x tomorrow and start off with Master Chief collection and GoW remaster. Can someone detail what exactly is included with these? It's hard to tell from googling.

Games that haven't been relevant or compelling since the late 00s.