Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

KakerMix posted:

This but garlic :yum:

Why not both?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Phylodox posted:

Why not both?

If they had a garlic dispenser like the onion dispenser, I would pretty shortly be banned from my office.

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Renegret posted:

onion dispenser is gone at my 'co

I feel like I've lost a dear friend.

It was always empty though so it's like not much has changed.

same here. what the hell my dudes

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
yeah I never fill up a drink, I get a hot dog and just fill my cup up at the onion machine and take it home. Never buy onions anymore or waste time dicing them.

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

Onions are chock full of folic acid.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XulQg8yLubc

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

They used to have a onion hopper, AND a relish hopper.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
I wish they had dill relish and not sweet relish

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream
Costco needs to sell xl socks in store.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

the mean lunch lady posted:

Agreed, I can't stand sweet relish.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

the mean lunch lady posted:

Its BIG CORN.

http://blackbag.gawker.com/the-great-relish-mystery-1693818896

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

luchajones posted:

Costco needs to sell xl socks in store.

At size 15 those low cut weathervane socks they had ruled

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

It's as good an answer as any. Sweet relish is an abomination, so it makes sense that the corn industry is behind it.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

At the 'co today, can confirm onion dispensers still here.

Dunno how I feel about the Acai Vanilla Twist yogurt. I think I might stick to the vanilla.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

binge crotching posted:

It's as good an answer as any. Sweet relish is an abomination, so it makes sense that the corn industry is behind it.

The only time I like sweet relish is on dogs. Dill would be better but I've grown accustomed to it.

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

I hope they’re shipping your confiscated onion dispensers to the UK.

It’s our turn to be disgusted by onion thieves and Korean salads.

[e] wife has decreed a trip to the co is in order. Looking like a great weekend already.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

PUT THE DANG DOG IN YOUR MOUTH

EAT IT

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

BaconCopter posted:

PUT THE DANG DOG IN YOUR MOUTH

EAT IT

Be me
In 30 minutes
Eating the hot dog
Getting the refill
PBUC

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

I'm gonna slam jam the gently caress outta some DiY 'Co Dogs in a bit.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Didn't get a dog today, but did pick up another pound of poke. No portable AC's for sale, and don't really feel like spending $550 for the one they have online.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Another weekend approaches. Another opportunity to fill up the car with High Quality Costco Gasoline and snag a dog or a slizzice. :grin:

naem
May 29, 2011

Horse Clocks posted:

I hope they’re shipping your confiscated onion dispensers to the UK.

It’s our turn to be disgusted by onion thieves and Korean salads.

[e] wife has decreed a trip to the co is in order. Looking like a great weekend already.

I hope that you are a member of one of the seven approved careers that U.K. Costco (rightly) allows membership to (Barrister, Civil Servant, Post Secondary Educator, Aluminium Colourerer, Royal Haberdasher, Nuclear Physicist, Falconry)

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
2 slices of pep & a cup of onions was my dinner last night. I really want it again.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Costco got the important supplies you need.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

My office had its annual cookout and we had the big box of frozen burger patties.

I can definitely vouch for them. Obviously not as good as fresh, but it's the best you're gonna get from a bulk box of burg.

Infidel Castro fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Jul 28, 2018

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Infidel Castro posted:

My office had it's annual cookout and we had the big box of frozen burger patties.

I can definitely vouch for them. Obviously not as good as fresh, but it's the best you're gonna get from a bulk box of burg.

I grill for my parents 100+ person 4th of July party every year and its the only way to go. I pair it up with the big blocks of sliced Kirkland American cheese.

I also get compliments on the burgs so take that as you will.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Chinatown posted:

I grill for my parents 100+ person 4th of July party every year and its the only way to go. I pair it up with the big blocks of sliced Kirkland American cheese.

I also get compliments on the burgs so take that as you will.

If you don't compliment the hard work of the poor sonofabitch manning the grill at a hundred plus person cookout you're a loving monster.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Costco got the important supplies you need.

man is it really already loving halloween decoration poo poo jfc time flies

it felt like it was like halloween a 4 months ago

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

If you don't compliment the hard work of the poor sonofabitch manning the grill at a hundred plus person cookout you're a loving monster.

yeah i enjoy grilling, but man it also sucks because it really zaps your appetite. i'll do a small bbq or something and after getting it all lit (charcoal is the only way to go) and managing it, grilling tons of diff food and everything, byh the time im done im just like ehh not really hungry i guess i'll nibble for a bit.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
took this last year at Costco

when ur hungry and thinkin' bout that dog

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

that was literally me when the foodcourt lady said they were out of dogs and I'd have to come back in 15 minutes :rip:

some mother gently caress ordered like 6 of them 3 people in front of me. I shoulda stabbed him there and then

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Onion dispenser gone in Atlanta!!!!!!!

:kingsley::kingsley::kingsley::kingsley::kingsley::kingsley::kingsley::kingsley::kingsley:

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
The onion dispensers going away is honestly terrible, but at least you are still able to make the classic adult hot dog: deli mustard and sauerkraut.

That being said, if the sauerkraut goes away we have a huge problem.

Costco acknowledged recently that these changes were the results of shareholders, and not the corporation. Which does make it easier to take, but still- once shareholders have the reigns of a company, they are going to charge towards short term earnings every time.

Be scared for Costco long term. The only silver lining in this whole scenario is that Costco is so good that activist shareholders will need months, if not years, to make it poo poo.

But the sad reality is that every company dominated by its shareholders is ultimately going to be terrible (I work in silicon valley and have a huge amount of experience with this exact scenario). We need to prepare mentally for the day that Costco is no longer the church. It's really sad, but all we can hope for is that corporate does so poorly with the changes that they can convince the shareholders to cancel their plans.

Unfortunately that will take a LOT because shareholders have no reason to value long term earnings over short term benefits (they are idiots and want profits right this second, and don't give a gently caress about anyone else), but in the meantime I am personally refusing to order any new menu items. In fact I will only order the hot dog, and then only because they still have the kraut. You can't change the future but you can vote with your wallet. That time is coming soon for all Costco church members.

It just sucks. I've been a Costco member since I was 17. In that time I've seen a decline in service - for instance, they used to give you unlimited free muffins when you walked in the store during business hours- yeah, that's right, that's how good it was- but this is a whole other level.

Taima fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Jul 28, 2018

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
The sauerkraut they give you is cold which sucks.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

FAGGY CLAUSE posted:

The sauerkraut they give you is cold which sucks.

It's a buck fifty with a drink bro, if you want your warm sauerkraut then go to your local bespoke hot dog venue and pay $5-6 not including a drink

Homie is complaining about a $1.50 hot dog with a big extra helping of sauerkraut for free.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Taima posted:

The onion dispensers going away is honestly terrible, but at least you are still able to make the classic adult hot dog: deli mustard and sauerkraut.

That being said, if the sauerkraut goes away we have a huge problem.

Costco acknowledged recently that these changes were the results of shareholders, and not the corporation. Which does make it easier to take, but still- once shareholders have the reigns of a company, they are going to charge towards short term earnings every time.

Be scared for Costco long term. The only silver lining in this whole scenario is that Costco is so good that activist shareholders will need months, if not years, to make it poo poo.

But the sad reality is that every company dominated by its shareholders is ultimately going to be terrible (I work in silicon valley and have a huge amount of experience with this exact scenario). We need to prepare mentally for the day that Costco is no longer the church. It's really sad, but all we can hope for is that corporate does so poorly with the changes that they can convince the shareholders to cancel their plans.

Unfortunately that will take a LOT because shareholders have no reason to value long term earnings over short term benefits (they are idiots and want profits right this second, and don't give a gently caress about anyone else), but in the meantime I am personally refusing to order any new menu items. In fact I will only order the hot dog, and then only because they still have the kraut. You can't change the future but you can vote with your wallet. That time is coming soon for all Costco church members.

It just sucks. I've been a Costco member since I was 17. In that time I've seen a decline in service - for instance, they used to give you unlimited free muffins when you walked in the store during business hours- yeah, that's right, that's how good it was- but this is a whole other level.

Wait what the gently caress!? Onion dispensers are going away to save like $200 because shareholders demanded it? loving a

The 1.50 dog is gunna become $3 soon isn’t it?

But yeah I miss the free muffins and pastries. poo poo was dope

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Taima posted:

It's a buck fifty with a drink bro, if you want your warm sauerkraut then go to your local bespoke hot dog venue and pay $5-6 not including a drink

Homie is complaining about a $1.50 hot dog with a big extra helping of sauerkraut for free.

You were complaining about muffins for fucks sake.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

FAGGY CLAUSE posted:

You were complaining about muffins for fucks sake.

You're an idiot if you think I was complaining about muffins. I was simply showing that value has decreased over time, absent of this scenario happening right now. Not sure why I'm even responding, but there you go.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Xaris posted:

Wait what the gently caress!? Onion dispensers are going away to save like $200 because shareholders demanded it? loving a

The 1.50 dog is gunna become $3 soon isn’t it?

But yeah I miss the free muffins and pastries. poo poo was dope

Agreed! These little things like the free muffins go a long way and made you feel like you're wanted in the store. They are made in house, so they are close to free. Give a little to get a lot.

The problem is that these cocksucker shareholders are trying to turn the food court into a profit center. God, it's just so short sighted, but an individual who has Costco stock has no reason to hold onto that specific investment long term. If they can increase the share price by several points in the short term, they all get out winners. A good earnings report can easily generate that kind of movement in a single earnings session.

It's a huge problem with the stock market that no one is addressing, but you can see it 100% clearly working in silicon valley. These loving assholes don't give a gently caress about your mission, or your use to the world, or anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

I think you are panicking a bit much, Costco is still amazing. I will worry when they stop paying well or they jack the prices way upward.