Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
Talk Show Host was played tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Mst3kmann posted:

Looks like Talk Show Host was soundchecked last night. It was on the set list too, but wasn't played. Would really like to see that Sunday in Detroit.

Still the best show I've ever seen.

they played it tonight in toronto. amazing show.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
talk show host needs to be a regular - forgot how great that song is. i had the opening riff to it set as my alarm for like a year so now every time i hear the beginning i get this weird, animalistic dread like i have to wake up or i'm late for something.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
One of my favorite concert memories is seeing Radiohead after amnesiac came out at Suffolk downs in east Boston. It’s a really lovely racetrack now, it might be closed actually, but it was still pretty lovely back then. The stage was set up at the far end of the oval, so when they opened the gates all the kids who had been waiting all day to get front row in the pit had to race down the track that the horses run on. Fat kids and people with bad footwear definitely got beat. Show was good too. The kid a tour was basically non existent so nobody had seen stuff like idioteque live before unless you went to one of the tiny shows in NYC or LA.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

BigFactory posted:

One of my favorite concert memories is seeing Radiohead after amnesiac came out at Suffolk downs in east Boston. It’s a really lovely racetrack now, it might be closed actually, but it was still pretty lovely back then. The stage was set up at the far end of the oval, so when they opened the gates all the kids who had been waiting all day to get front row in the pit had to race down the track that the horses run on. Fat kids and people with bad footwear definitely got beat. Show was good too. The kid a tour was basically non existent so nobody had seen stuff like idioteque live before unless you went to one of the tiny shows in NYC or LA.

The Beatles played at Suffolk Downs. It’s a few years away from being converted into condos.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

No reckoner or kid a in Detroit, really happy to see how to disappear completely though, and myxomatosis. We also got the daily mail, which isn’t my favorite but nice to hear. Wasn’t loud enough for my tastes and thom seemed a little grumpy, which made me sad.

meanolmrcloud fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jul 23, 2018

Radiohead71
Sep 15, 2007

Enjoyed the Columbus show WAYYYYYYYY more than Detroit. Detroit mix was kind of jacked up. Colin was the loudest of anyone and vocals seemed too low. Columbus had a lot of OK Computer and HTTT (Wolf At The Door!!!). Detroit actually had more T-shirts which was weird. I wanted to get one Monday night (that I saw Sunday night) and it wasn't there. Each city has their own commemorative shirt and poster which is kinda cool.

meatpath
Feb 13, 2003

Anyone going to Boston? It's a general admission show and I'm curious how early we should get to TD Garden to get a decent seat on Sunday night.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

meatpath posted:

Anyone going to Boston? It's a general admission show and I'm curious how early we should get to TD Garden to get a decent seat on Sunday night.

What’s decent? Do you want to be in the pit or do you want a good folding chair back from the pit. You’re not going to be able to sit on the floor and see.

meatpath
Feb 13, 2003

BigFactory posted:

What’s decent? Do you want to be in the pit or do you want a good folding chair back from the pit. You’re not going to be able to sit on the floor and see.

I would like to be in the pit, but I'm also a little concerned about my gf as she is barely 5'.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

meatpath posted:

I would like to be in the pit, but I'm also a little concerned about my gf as she is barely 5'.

If you want to be front row id get there idk after lunch?

Only the floor is GA. The rest is assigned seats.

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012

meatpath posted:

uh td garden definitely has assigned seats generally, did you luck out into floor tickets?

Radiohead71
Sep 15, 2007

FYI both Little Caesars and the Schott opened at 6:30 and show time was 7:30. Opening band plays till 800. RH goes on 830-845 and plays till 11. Didn't care for the opening band, although Johnny plays guitar and bass during the performance.

Radiohead71 fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Jul 25, 2018

meatpath
Feb 13, 2003

Princeps32 posted:

uh td garden definitely has assigned seats generally, did you luck out into floor tickets?

My confirmation says “GA Standing,” does this mean we’re good for the floor area?

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

meatpath posted:

My confirmation says “GA Standing,” does this mean we’re good for the floor area?

Yes, that’s the only ga section. I’ll be there too, enjoy your first concert

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Man, going to radiohead gigs sounds complicated, no wonder it costs so much

meatpath
Feb 13, 2003

Puppy Galaxy posted:

Yes, that’s the only ga section. I’ll be there too, enjoy your first concert

Well I saw them in 2003 but it was an outdoor arena. I’ve never been to a concert in a sports arena and I hadn’t considered seating vs GA on court level. Sounds like wherever we will be down there will be good, but we still plan on showing up really early.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

A human heart posted:

Man, going to radiohead gigs sounds complicated, no wonder it costs so much

It's the most bother I've put up with in terms of live music. Not interested in doing it again but it was a great show.

Live event security is basically TSA at this point which freaks me the gently caress out.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Yeah the show in Manchester last year had some intense security. To the point that 20 minutes before they came on there was still a huge queue.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

It's the most bother I've put up with in terms of live music. Not interested in doing it again but it was a great show.

Live event security is basically TSA at this point which freaks me the gently caress out.

Don't feed the trolls

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

meatpath posted:

Well I saw them in 2003 but it was an outdoor arena. I’ve never been to a concert in a sports arena and I hadn’t considered seating vs GA on court level. Sounds like wherever we will be down there will be good, but we still plan on showing up really early.

To possibly add to the confusion, my general admission floor tickets had a row and seat number for some reason. From what I understand, those who arrive super early and line up before the gates open are being assigned a number which is used for accessing the arena. If you're not concerned with being right up at the front, you can arrive whenever you want and then just find a spot on the floor.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Barry posted:

Don't feed the trolls

https://consequenceofsound.net/2016/08/live-nation-adding-tsa-pre-check-security-to-festivals-and-events/

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

if you consider putting your bags on a conveyor belt and walking through a metal detector "the most bother you've put up with in terms of live music", going to any large event must be torture for you. condolences.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
It is different than it used to be

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Thom and the Heads posted:

if you consider putting your bags on a conveyor belt and walking through a metal detector "the most bother you've put up with in terms of live music", going to any large event must be torture for you. condolences.

That would be the most bother I've had to put up with but mostly because I got to shows where you pay a guy money at the door and then you're in the building and that's all that happens.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

i mean...these are arena shows we're talking here. it's the same as if youre going to a hockey game or anything in an arena

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

There's like one or two venues in town that always make you go through a metal detector and they search your bags and poo poo. It's a hassle. Every other venue checks your ID and gives you a wristband and that's it.

Although I do live in a city that has one of the highest crime rates per capita in the US...

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Thom and the Heads posted:

i mean...these are arena shows we're talking here. it's the same as if youre going to a hockey game or anything in an arena

It’s still different than it was a few years ago. The bombing in Manchester and the shooting in Vegas have changed things. Insurance companies are driving it.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Backscatters and Facial Recognition will be a big deal soon at events if they aren't already, and online ticket vendors are basically spy rackets anyways, so...

But, you know, all's normal if you pay a fee and submit to psychological evaluation for the state to become a Prescreen Member in order to skip lines.

I think the bigger issue for me is that entities like ICE and TSA, when funding winds down for their original purpose (say, in the absence for credible reasons to perpetuate a war on terror, etc), shift quickly towards exploiting new domestic private surveillance markets and domestic thuggery. It's gross and is simply an extension of the preposterous budgets of a corporate military complex.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visible_Intermodal_Prevention_and_Response_team#Criticism

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Jul 28, 2018

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Backscatters and Facial Recognition will be a big deal soon at events if they aren't already, and online ticket vendors are basically spy rackets anyways, so...

But, you know, all's normal if you pay a fee and submit to psychological evaluation for the state to become a Prescreen Member in order to skip lines.

I think the bigger issue for me is that entities like ICE and TSA, when funding winds down for their original purpose (say, in the absence for credible reasons to perpetuate a war on terror, etc), shift quickly towards exploiting new domestic private surveillance markets and domestic thuggery. It's gross and is simply an extension of the preposterous budgets of a corporate military complex.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visible_Intermodal_Prevention_and_Response_team#Criticism

I mean, yeah. But it's a concert.

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
loving god drat how does thom have such good pipes still he sounded better tonight than when I saw them 10 years ago

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Princeps32 posted:

loving god drat how does thom have such good pipes still he sounded better tonight than when I saw them 10 years ago

Agreed

Also goddamn the sound was REALLY good on the floor. Like shockingly good

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
yeah i caught them last year in madison square garden with nosebleeds and the sound was loving rear end, i'm not sure why td garden did such a better job but it made for a powerful show.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Update: I decided to go again tonight because i really want to hear Weird Fishes

publishko
Feb 16, 2014

Puppy Galaxy posted:

Update: I decided to go again tonight because i really want to hear Weird Fishes

worth it to hear the whole crowd singing "EEEEEEEEEEEEED"

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

publishko posted:

worth it to hear the whole crowd singing "EEEEEEEEEEEEED"

Loved watching Ed in person and this was certainly a highlight.

meatpath
Feb 13, 2003

Sick loving setlist. Got third row center floor. No words for how incredible that was.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Went to Philadelphia Night One last night, and I went into it saying to my friend "if they play just ONE of Talk Show Host, Street Spirit, or 2 + 2 = 5 it will be fantastic" And they played all three :aaa:

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
yeah my only regret of seeing them in Boston night 1 was missing out on talk show host the next day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Is this their first tour where they haven't played any new songs at all?