Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

No 2 parters, but with the episodes being an hour long now, that might be enough?

Actually, a lot of the problem with two-parters is that they feel just a little drawn out, and some of the episodes that should have been two-parters maybe could have had problems solved with just a little extra time. Hopefully they can still stick a few cliffhangers in, but if not, maybe next season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The_Doctor posted:

No 2 parters, but with the episodes being an hour long now, that might be enough?

Think that was debunked. Think they said 50 min eps

Matinee
Sep 15, 2007

Its interesting that Chibnal is emphasising the relationships between Doctor and Companions a lot more than the RTD/Moffat trailer theory of "check out all these cool looking monsters/planets!"

I would think the latter would be more effective at pulling in non-fan viewers, but maybe the perception is just "doctor who, yeah, guys in rubber costumes, got it"

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
First episode is 1 hour and the others are 50 minutes, if I recall correctly.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I don't want a second episode of Power of Three.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Power of Three would have been great if they never explained the cubes and the Doctor was just using it as an excuse to hang out on Earth for a while.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Power of Three would have been great if they never explained the cubes and the Doctor was just using it as an excuse to hang out on Earth for a while.

I'd have loved that, but realistically speaking we'd still be looking for Chibnal's body.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Just to confirm, the new console room design hasn't come out yet, has it?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Astroman posted:

Not yet.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Astroman posted:

I hope it has the round things.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I love the round things

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

What are the round things?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
No idea...

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

https://twitter.com/DallasLeeJones/status/1022389191240343552?s=19

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

https://twitter.com/hipstershambles/status/1022308749158039552?s=19

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
EDIT: nevermind, I literally should have just checked a post above the last one... cool shots though!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Roundish things!

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
Her coat and boots are so cool. I'm not the kind of person that goes to things where one might cosplay but I want to cosplay her real bad

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
All those bright pink lights, it's very JNT era-looking right now.

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so
Love that spinny thing on the Rani's TARDIS :allears:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Forktoss posted:

I remember seeing similar executive desk toys once upon a time. They should have slid down into the console when it was stopped, rather than just start moving, to preserve the illusion.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Forktoss posted:

What is the spinny thing?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
It's the Time Rotor.

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so

TinTower posted:

What is the spinny thing?

No ide-

oh right!

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I love idea of the Doctor wearing a fanny pack/bum bag and thinking it’s the coolest thing ever.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I’m getting a steampunk coral vibe from the interior and I’m not crazy about it. It looks like a rusted pocket watch.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TL posted:

I love idea of the Doctor wearing a fanny pack/bum bag and thinking it’s the coolest thing ever.

What if she wears one in the 80's and actually sets off the trend?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Sorta hard to tell what to think from the two shots I can see. I'll wait to reserve judgement.

I definitely like Thirteen's outfit better every time that I see it, though.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I think I like her burgundy tee more than the grey one, but they’re both fantastic. 13 was always going to be a popular choice for cosplayers, but I think the apparent comfortability is definitely going to help. Love the coat, love the tees, love the boots. I’m only iffy about the capri(?) pants. Really digging the whole 80’s look though.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Not too sure about the whole "threshold" thing they've got going on there.

Matinee
Sep 15, 2007

I'm not a fan of the steampunk cogs and gears thing, but I quite like those pink columns being a bit 'Coral desktop theme'. I really liked the RTD and especially 11's first console rooms in how they felt slightly biomechanical.

Oh god, there's going to be so many jokes about how the the first female doctor has decorated her room PINK! aren't there?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 39 days!
I'm sort of cool on the new Doctor's costume, mainly because all I think of when I see her in it is that she's floodin' like a mofo. :v:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I... don’t know what means.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

The_Doctor posted:

Capris are often jokingly called flood pants because you can wade through ankle deep water without getting your cuffs wet. See: the "Everything's Coming Up Milhouse" meme

trouser_mouse
Apr 27, 2008

The_Doctor posted:

I reckon it means they think it's pretty ok

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 39 days!

The_Doctor posted:

You ever see a pic of a stereotypical nerd, like Steve Urkel? And how the cuffs of their trousers are usually several inches above the tops of their shoes? That is what the hip kids in the streets call "flooding", aka "flood pants" (or trousers if you're in the UK, since "pants" means "underwear" over there), because the wearer can walk in ankle-deep water (such as one might encounter during a flood) without fear that their trouser legs would get wet.

I now lay this joke to rest, having thoroughly murdered it via over-explanation. :rip:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

https://twitter.com/av6ngers/status/995662891109027840

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Sydney Bottocks posted:

You ever see a pic of a stereotypical nerd, like Steve Urkel? And how the cuffs of their trousers are usually several inches above the tops of their shoes? That is what the hip kids in the streets call "flooding", aka "flood pants" (or trousers if you're in the UK, since "pants" means "underwear" over there), because the wearer can walk in ankle-deep water (such as one might encounter during a flood) without fear that their trouser legs would get wet.

I now lay this joke to rest, having thoroughly murdered it via over-explanation. :rip:

If you were a teen circa 2002, you were mercilessly made fun of if your pants/trousers did this. Now it’s in for some reason.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

HD DAD posted:

If you were a teen circa 2002, you were mercilessly made fun of if your pants/trousers did this. Now it’s in for some reason.

See also socks with sandals. Kids these days :bahgawd:

Bicyclops posted:

Sorta hard to tell what to think from the two shots I can see. I'll wait to reserve judgement.

At first I wanted to say it was going to be a smaller console room, more intimate than 11/12s, more like 9/10s, because the console was so close to the door. But upon looking at shots of the most recent one online, the console was pretty close to the doors from some angles so :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 39 days!

HD DAD posted:

2002 heck, if you were a kid in the early-mid 1980s you'd get the piss taken out of you mercilessly, and that was even after Michael Jackson moonwalked wearing the drat things.