Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

That's an interesting question. I can imagine the arguments against it, but it seems reasonable, on the whole.

Would it, though? It's not like he needs to be convicted criminally in order to be liable civilly. The plaintiffs' lawyers might be able to argue that he's admitted responsibility, but his lawyers would probably argue that they were just trying to save their client money, and a drawn-out trial.

Assuming taking a plea does hurt him in a civil case, wouldn't that make which charges he pleas to pretty important? If he pleas to "touched bus in parking lot," instead of "assault with a deadly weapon," can his team then argue that all he did was touch a bus, and therefore the show getting cancelled is unrelated / he didn't cause any harm / whatever?

There must be precedent for something like this. Maybe not in MMA, but this can't be the first time a bus attack caused people to miss work.

Didn’t read

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Skip My Posts posted:

Didn’t read

mewse
May 2, 2006

Mekchu posted:

Putting together the UFC August thread and am hoping the peanut gallery can provide some good thread titles.

UFC Augh, dangust

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Conor will provide an out of court settlement to Michael Chiesa to the tune of one (1) "We're not here to take part, we're here to take over" t-shirt and a walk-on role as Artem for a day.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

That's an interesting question. I can imagine the arguments against it, but it seems reasonable, on the whole.

Would it, though? It's not like he needs to be convicted criminally in order to be liable civilly. The plaintiffs' lawyers might be able to argue that he's admitted responsibility, but his lawyers would probably argue that they were just trying to save their client money, and a drawn-out trial.

Assuming taking a plea does hurt him in a civil case, wouldn't that make which charges he pleas to pretty important? If he pleas to "touched bus in parking lot," instead of "assault with a deadly weapon," can his team then argue that all he did was touch a bus, and therefore the show getting cancelled is unrelated / he didn't cause any harm / whatever?

There must be precedent for something like this. Maybe not in MMA, but this can't be the first time a bus attack caused people to miss work.

this should be the august thread title imo

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

considering cody garbrandt is fighting, the title really needs to be something unintentionally homoerotic

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Josuke Higashikata posted:

considering cody garbrandt is fighting, the title really needs to be something unintentionally homoerotic

Or midget related since both title fights are small people.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I don't have any jokes but Carla Esparza is fighting. For some reason that surprised me. Didn't she get her will sapped by some rear end whippings?

mewse
May 2, 2006

Biggest Meltdowner posted:

I don't have any jokes but Carla Esparza is fighting. For some reason that surprised me. Didn't she get her will sapped by some rear end whippings?

Naw she always looked like that

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Biggest Meltdowner posted:

nah, she got the absolute gently caress beat out of her by Joanna but she's still top 10 and she just lost a super-close split decision to Gadelha where she almost knocked her out, she's doing fine

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

UFC August - schmuck of the Irish

UFC August - I'm not a lawyer but

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

I have collected trash my whole career. This will not be a new challenge for me.
*tires after 6 min of trash picking*
I did not manage my energy efficiently. We must find ways to renew our resources, these are lessons we must learn.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

handsome only face posted:

I have collected trash my whole career. This will not be a new challenge for me.
I did not manage my energy efficiently. We must find ways to renew our resources, these are lessons we must learn.

lmao

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

CarlCX posted:

nah, she got the absolute gently caress beat out of her by Joanna but she's still top 10 and she just lost a super-close split decision to Gadelha where she almost knocked her out, she's doing fine

That's great news. I hope she enjoyed her $1k sundae.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

handsome only face posted:

lollll

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

mewse
May 2, 2006

:lol:

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

:discourse:

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Lol that owns

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I just logged into facebook and got hit with 20 targeted ads and news posts advocating Derrick Lewis be cut ftom the UFC for threatening to molest Ronda Rousey

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
You think till woodley will be any different to Wonderboy woodley after the fight Wonderboy till just had?

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Gay Horney posted:

You think till woodley will be any different to Wonderboy woodley after the fight Wonderboy till just had?

Please try again in English this time.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Till/Woodley is going to be astonishingly boring.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Dan Didio posted:

Till/Woodley is going to be astonishingly boring.

till probably won’t make weight

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

SquirrelGrip posted:

I didn't even think about that, but yeah, probably.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

SquirrelGrip posted:

Ya lol

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Incredible :allears:

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

lmao

Payment Day
May 12, 2018

by Hand Knit
Famous international country Russia

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Gay Horney posted:

i think woodley will lay him out quickly. hes just a better striker than till and doesnt really need to fear anything. when you think about it, the common element in all of wonderboys recent cautious performances is the fact that he was one of the fighters in them

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
August: Moscow is Cold

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

UFC August: Little Folks and Cody Gay Jokes

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Untrustable posted:

Superb.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Untrustable posted:

:hmmyes:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Untrustable posted:

That's better than my TAM pun

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Untrustable posted:

this is excellent.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Good card tomorrow

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

spb posted:

Good card tomorrow

yeah. there's tons of intriguing match ups.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Dustin, Jose and Joanna should probably win, but if they slip up, they’re hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
is stephens the favorite? thats a sick fight

• Locked thread