Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1022434301118316545

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i hate this clickbaity writing style so goddamn much

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

clickhole is aware

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

they grow up so quickly... elon does not

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

dont mean to defend elon itt but he's 47 and grimes is 30 which passes the creep formula, but just barely (age/2 + 7)

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

"thanks for the kids, merdeuf, now get out, i want to screw someone who looks a bit less like an adult"

- electric car man

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

:thejoke:

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

polyester concept posted:

dont mean to defend elon itt but he's 47 and grimes is 30 which passes the creep formula, but just barely (age/2 + 7)

He went out of his way to find a thirty year old that looks fifteen tho

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

polyester concept posted:

https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=((age+of+Elon+Musk+in+days)%2F2%2B(7+years+in+days))
https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=age+of+Claire+Boucher+in+days

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

lol

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

:saddowns:

i get it, but it's absolutely everywhere and it's so stupid. even a frontpage thing on wapo will be like U WON'T BELEIVE THIS 1 THING DRIMP DID!!

HAIL eSATA-n fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jul 26, 2018

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
also elons dating preferences fit his personality well -- he's been going after artists so he can mix in being an expert in art by proxy in his subtly obvious need to be the smartest person in the room

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

lancemantis posted:

also elons dating preferences fit his personality well -- he's been going after artists so he can mix in being an expert in art by proxy in his subtly obvious need to be the smartest person in the room

i didnt realize i could hate musk more but your post did it by gum

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

:saddowns:

i get it, but it's absolutely everywhere and it's so stupid. even a frontpage thing on wapo will be like U WON'T BELEIVE THIS 1 THING DRIMP DID!!

I hate to disappoint you but the homosexuals weren't actually sucking that guys cock either

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
not to be a stymie but half plus seven as a rule of thumb is pretty generous to pedophiles

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

lancemantis posted:

is that a real thing he does? cuz caring about art is off-brand for his tony stark rick and morty science bitchaz persona

Penguissimo posted:

I hate to disappoint you but the homosexuals weren't actually sucking that guys cock either

yea its all fake news

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

George posted:

not to be a stymie but half plus seven as a rule of thumb is pretty generous to pedophiles

you're doing it backwards. that is for the older person. for the younger person, subtract seven and double.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
ars has a solid article up looking at how close tesla is to running out of cash

quote:

The company burned through more than $1 billion in the first quarter of 2018, ending the quarter with less than $2.7 billion in the bank. Tesla likely has even less than that today—we'll find out how much less when Tesla announces its second quarter financial results next week.

Adding to the pressure is Tesla's massive debt. Tesla has more than $10 billion in total debt, and more than $1 billion of that could come due in the next eight months.

In recent months, Tesla has taken a series of measures to shore up its financial position. Tesla laid off about nine percent of its workforce last month in a major cost-cutting step. Tesla also opened up Model 3 orders to everyone in the US and Canada. Placing an order requires a $2,500 deposit, which will give the company an additional cash infusion.

Then this week, The Wall Street Journal reported that Tesla was pressuring suppliers for more favorable financial terms—including, in at least one case, partial retroactive refunds of past payments. According to the Journal, a memo to one supplier "described the request as essential to Tesla’s continued operation." Asked about this, a Tesla spokesperson told Ars that the company has "asked fewer than 10 suppliers for a reduction in total capex project spending for long-term projects that began in 2016 but are still not complete." Tesla says that with other suppliers, it has only asked for lower prices for future orders.

The most important thing that will—hopefully—reduce Tesla's cash burn rate is achieving volume production of its Model 3 vehicles. Work on the Model 3 assembly line should be winding down—reducing capital spending—while increased production of Model 3 cars should mean more money coming in from customers.
puts a bunch of recent tesla/musk moves into context, read the whole thing

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2018/07/teslas-cash-crunch-explained/

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
no i get that

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

nicked from the grey thread

quote:

Buying a new electric car has never been more exciting but which should you choose, the new Jag or the one made by a twat?
https://sniffpetrol.com/2018/07/17/electric-car-showdown-jaguar-i-pace-v-tesla-model-s/

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

proclick

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

hahahahaha holy gently caress that’s Pulitzer worthy

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

SHORTING TESLA LEADS TO FIRE SALE

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

it’s cool that in 2018 things are so hosed that i still know who you’re talking about here despite you butchering his name that bad

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
did elon's girlfriend name herself after a lovely character from the simpsons

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

she named herself after the black poo poo that starts growing on the edge of a bathtub if you never clean it

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Her performer name was chosen because at the time, MySpace allowed you to list three musical genres. She listed grime for all three, before knowing what grime music was.

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

supposedly she named herself after grime music, which is basically a british version of trap

her actual music is mostly generic edm. not real interesting imo, but i guess it would serve its purpose in a dance club

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

reminds me of the pic with sarkozys brother and his wife (one of the olsen twins)

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

graph posted:

reminds me of the pic with sarkozys brother and his wife (one of the olsen twins)

:wtf:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
yeah thats the one lol

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

next time on lifestyles of the rich & famous: men who date women who look like preteens but it's ok because they're actually 1/2 their age + 7

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin

That child is taking a long drag of her dad's cigarette.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
she prolly calls him daddy yes

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
musk randomly calling that dude a pedo was almost certainly projection, yeah

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

he probably can’t imagine why anyone else would go to thailand because it’s why he goes

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

duz posted:

back before he fully embraced being zyklon ben, he occasionally did "normal" cartoons

is the laptop supposed to be an olpc xo

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

this fails the half your height plus 7 inches rule

PyPy posted:

That child is taking a long drag of her dad's cigarette.

:thatsfrance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Jabor posted:

musk randomly calling that dude a pedo was almost certainly projection, yeah

you got it