Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I definitely heard a lot of "Pitcher's got a big butt" or some variation thereof in PE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD
So I'm loving WHM, even when I haven't even seen the movie they discuss.
I also listened to some of How Did This Get Made, but that became very annoying, very quickly.

Is there another comedic movie podcast anyone can recommend?

entity119
May 13, 2003
Memory can change the shape of a room; it can change the color of a car. And memories can be distorted. They're just an interpretation, they're not a record, and they're irrelevant if you have the facts.
flop house, sometimes, in moderation

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

I didn't listen to it regularly but I remember Alcohollywood being pretty good. They cover bad movies and good ones and every episode they discuss one movie and make up a cocktail and a drinking game for it, but even if you're not interested in the alcohol angle it's not a huge part of the show, about 95% of it is the hosts going through the film and discussing it and making some jokes.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

entity119 posted:

flop house, sometimes, in moderation

Yeah, I gave up on this one after a while, because that one dude that sounds like your stereotypical nerd archetype is just way too into that gimmick.

You're just better off going through the WHM back catalog.

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD

Iron Crowned posted:

Yeah, I gave up on this one after a while, because that one dude that sounds like your stereotypical nerd archetype is just way too into that gimmick.

You're just better off going through the WHM back catalog.

This is what I am already doing yeah (it's great).
And what you describe regarding the gimmick, that is exactly what turns me off on HDTGM.
Maybe it changed for the better if it's still running. I could check one of the latest.

I'll check out Alcohollywood, thanks.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Acht posted:

I also listened to some of How Did This Get Made, but that became very annoying, very quickly.

There's another thread about bad movie podcasts that has a lot of recommendations in the OP, including some run by goons.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3527978

Bad movie podcasts are in a pretty saturated market. We Hate Movies is honestly the best out there, though.

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

WHM also has a kickass Patreon with a ton of content if you really like them. A few different tiers you can try out, I highly recommend.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

WHM isn't just a great podcast, it's the only bad movie podcast period that doesn't annoy the poo poo out of me

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I even had one of my own for a little while with my brothers, but we realized we weren't doing anything different from what everyone else was doing, and were basically just a WHM clone but not as good, so we stopped.

The Gillman
Jul 8, 2004
Beaten with a sack of sweet Valencia oranges
Grimey Drawer

Acht posted:

Blank Check has really found its groove after they did like 30 eps on the Star Wars Prequels. Now they cover filmographies of directors in order of release and I think it’s a lot of fun.

The series on Nolan, Spielberg and the Watchowkis are good places to start

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

WHM isn't just a great podcast, it's the only bad movie podcast period that doesn't annoy the poo poo out of me

Yeup. HDTGM has been insufferable ever since it went exclusively live.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Eh I listen to them when I’m out of stuff to listen to and they’re fine. It’s just a different flavor of improv.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The HDTGM episode on Punisher War Zone where they had Lexi Alexander was p. good but I don't like it otherwise despite generally liking those dudes in other things

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Chris Cabin: Fridge Humper is just so loving funny because you get the vibe Cabin found it a relatable experience but everyone else was like :wtc:

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Chris Cabin: Fridge Humper is just so loving funny because you get the vibe Cabin found it a relatable experience but everyone else was like :wtc:

Cabin has some of the insanely best stories, although I do think Steve's random encounters with old women top it (fish lady and curse lady).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzm49SIednw

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
The trio of brothers from MBMBAM and the duo from Worst Idea of AllTime have an annual joint review of Paul Blart 2.

It's only had 3 episodes but it is a fun alternative to WHM.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I’ll never understand the appeal of MBMBAM. I tried it for a month and I couldn’t do it.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Jose Oquendo posted:

I’ll never understand the appeal of MBMBAM. I tried it for a month and I couldn’t do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX42e1gOOFs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v_FhKh9aY0

Gonz fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jul 28, 2018

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Secret Window has some great moments. I liked the story of everyone being hyped to see it in college and Jupin stayed home, and when they got back they just stormed past him and slammed the door.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Acht posted:

Nathan Rabin's Happy Cast (co-hosted by Alcohollywood's Clint) typically features bad movies, and they have episodes with Syszka and Jupin.

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Jose Oquendo posted:

I love MBMBaM but I hate their fan base.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

The Gillman posted:

Blank Check has really found its groove after they did like 30 eps on the Star Wars Prequels. Now they cover filmographies of directors in order of release and I think it’s a lot of fun.

The series on Nolan, Spielberg and the Watchowkis are good places to start

Yeah Blank Check rules and they did an ep on Total Recall with Andrew and Steve

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I wish WHM did an episode on Blank Check.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

GrandpaPants posted:

I wish WHM did an episode on Blank Check.

It's always the episode I would call in for Listener Request Month, but never do.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
I've tried listening to Blank Check a few times, but I've found the hosts annoying, partly with how much they interrupt and talk over each other.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I figure the most annoying host of a podcast is the one guy who owns the equipment and editing software, because so many podcasts would be better without that guy

Joe the Strummer
Jun 14, 2012

I like Blank Check, but Griffin can be really annoying with his never ending jokes and relating everything back to ~my childhood~

Like, recently they did an episode on The Incredibles, and I was really looking forward to it, but then Griffin spent the first 20 or 30 minutes of the episode droning on about improv comedy camp.

Not to complain too much, I still really enjoy the podcast, both hosts can bring good insight to movies, and they tend to get good special guests (like Andrew and Steve!)

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
When is this goddamn commentary dropping already?

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

Joe the Strummer posted:

I like Blank Check, but Griffin can be really annoying with his never ending jokes and relating everything back to ~my childhood~

Like, recently they did an episode on The Incredibles, and I was really looking forward to it, but then Griffin spent the first 20 or 30 minutes of the episode droning on about improv comedy camp.

Not to complain too much, I still really enjoy the podcast, both hosts can bring good insight to movies, and they tend to get good special guests (like Andrew and Steve!)

Andrew and Steve gyested on a Blank Check episode? I working my way from the start and just listened to the After Earth episode.

Joe the Strummer
Jun 14, 2012

Ignoranus posted:

Andrew and Steve gyested on a Blank Check episode? I working my way from the start and just listened to the After Earth episode.

Yup! They were on the Total Recall episode.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Iron Crowned posted:

I figure the most annoying host of a podcast is the one guy who owns the equipment and editing software, because so many podcasts would be better without that guy

Not to extend a detail but that is why Matt Mira has a career against all odds.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Matt Mira isn't so bad, he's easily the best person from the old Nerdist podcast. James Bonding is Ok, too, but that's mostly becaue Matt Gourley is such a charming person.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

I listened to the first 15 or so episodes of Blank Check, and I would like to know if Griffin ever eases up on the Seth Romatelli impression.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Final mail bag of the season + Armageddon dropped overnight.

Also next month is all live episodes.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

More Friday the 13th on Patreon!

They have done 6 episodes from that franchise now: 5, 7, 8, 9, X, FvJ

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Awesome mailbag. I got a bonus chuckle out of Chris asleep on the steps in front of a Montreal "guichet" since there's the slightest chance 18/19-year-old me tip-toed around him to use the ATM.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
"What accent is that?"

"Smart"

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

How much wasabi do you think Andrew ate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ahtp0sjA5U