Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Tried hopping on last night to run a couple multiplayer monsters and after failing to join 3 straight games (looking to jump in sos signals), I shut the thing off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

tao of lmao posted:

Tried hopping on last night to run a couple multiplayer monsters and after failing to join 3 straight games (looking to jump in sos signals), I shut the thing off.

Mine always get answered immediately but I can never find any to join . Add me on PSN at mattnotgeorge and play with me after I log a few dozen hours and catch up lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Oh Long Johnson posted:

Good luck hunter

This is brutal but that's great because all the other early bosses were way easy. The monster guide implies I can wound his throat and keep him from spitting fire and I need to figure out how to do that because his flame breath once he gets angry completely wrecks me

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

goferchan posted:

Mine always get answered immediately but I can never find any to join . Add me on PSN at mattnotgeorge and play with me after I log a few dozen hours and catch up lol

I'm on the bone, but happy hunting. It's a real good game.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

tao of lmao posted:

Are you failing to join games from the main menu matchmaking option or from the quest board?

If it's from the quest you're just getting beaten to the punch by others which...is what it is.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PC version is coming out AUgust 9th. Bump!

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

In Training posted:

PC version is coming out AUgust 9th. Bump!

Seriously considering double-dipping this game just so they keep making console/pc versions.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Im also going to buy the one on the switch

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Bump!! August 9th whos grabbing this on pc?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This gamer.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

my weekend is gonna be playing this for 30 hours

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah
i dont think my computers good enough but i want it, op

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm excited to finally play this tomorrow and I hope it's not hosed up or broken

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I might...idk

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Made my hunter look perpetually stoned bc it looks funny in cutscenes.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Enjoy all the unskippable cutscens forced slow walking segments and the guide lady getting in trouble and having to rescue her

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

installing now..playing this the moment i get out of work

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

Enjoy all the unskippable cutscens forced slow walking segments and the guide lady getting in trouble and having to rescue her

I can see why the west finally loves monster hunter now

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

every monhun has started with 5 hours of boring gathering stuff so whatever

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

They gotta teach you the sneak mechanic that you’ll never use again.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

extremebuff posted:

every monhun has started with 5 hours of boring gathering stuff so whatever

This stuff is worse since they didnt try to foist story or characters on you during the initial egg and herb get qiests

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This game is soooooo sick. Is there a way to do like an Imp guild for the pc people are do you just have to invite people when they're online to private rooms.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In the ps4 you can make guilds but only the guildmaster can invite ppl and u bith have to be online in game when u invite

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i thionk pc version just uses steam groups for guilds now

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Is the PC port on this solid?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've been playing since it came out and it's been working great.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Hell yeah. Time to throw more money at capcom

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Constant 60fps, and theres no day 1 online gently caress ups, I've been jumping into SOS's and had some people respond to my own. Spent some time making a full Jag armor set bc I liked the look of it. The only thing I don't like so far is the weird restrictions around when people can join the story quests, it feels like they couldn't find a way to do like, shared cutscenes or something and just put in some hosed up workaround.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/1027635636004679680

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Btw I'm a dual blade main atm. Used hunting horn in 4u and wanted something snappier. I saw a dude using a huge katana looking thing that seemed badass, I wanna try out like all the weapons.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also worth noting that I've been playing using a Switch Pro Controller and it's had no controller issues either. Tbh this is one of the smoothest PC releases I've seen in ages, glad they took the months to nail it all down.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Also worth noting that I've been playing using a Switch Pro Controller and it's had no controller issues either. Tbh this is one of the smoothest PC releases I've seen in ages, glad they took the months to nail it all down.

awesome. im an hour away from diving into this game and not stopping til like monday lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

extremebuff posted:

awesome. im an hour away from diving into this game and not stopping til like monday lol

It's time.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I might get this on PC again if Imps are gonna be playing and making guilds...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Servers went down

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

wow you really cant skip the cutscenes lol but monhun language ftw

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Gotta have all that great lore like There's an enormous monster over there. and Wow! loook at the size of that monster

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

this game is so pretty and it runs well. worked perfectly with OBS with no issues too, capcom actually made a good pc port lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
havent capcoms pc ports been good for years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

yeah I havent had an issue with capcom games (outside of dmc3 but thats ancient history) but you never know.