Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
You're better off waiting for the 4k patch with the Master Chief Collection. There's also barely any multiplayer population, searching for matches takes forever with most playlists and you'll see the same few people over and over. Also, Halo 2 is still terrible.

The Gears of War 1 remaster doesn't have a 4k patch either (and won't get one in the future). It's also pretty buggy, had to restart levels quite a few times because of scripts not triggering etc.

Why would you buy a Bonx for these games, seems ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

HoneyBakedMAN posted:

I think I'll buy an xb1x tomorrow and start off with Master Chief collection and GoW remaster. Can someone detail what exactly is included with these? It's hard to tell from googling.

Master Chief includes remastered Halos 1, 2, 3 & 4. Halo 3 ODST (campaign) is available as a $5 DLC. These are not enhanced for the X yet, so they don't look particularly amazing. An enhancement patch is "in development".

GoW Ultimate Edition only includes a remastered version of GoW1 (it used to get you BC copies of the old trilogy but the offer expired). It's not X enhanced either, and no patch has been announced.

Zat fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Jul 27, 2018

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

HoneyBakedMAN posted:

I think I'll buy an xb1x tomorrow and start off with Master Chief collection and GoW remaster. Can someone detail what exactly is included with these? It's hard to tell from googling.

Why would you buy the most expensive console to play remasters of last-gen games?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Remaster is on game pass and mister chief will be also. I love my one x though way more than my ps Pro so welcome to the family

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Oh what’s that? You want to download a PS3/Vita game you put on your account years ago? Have fun sorting through hundreds and hundreds of items on your Download List that can’t be sorted or filtered at all, jackass

There's a browser plugin/Javascript thingie that'll unfuck the webstore and give you everything in a neatly-curated and sortable list you can launch downloads from. Dumb as hell that Sony doesn't have something official, but at least it's solvable.

punk rebel ecks posted:

Do Xbox One X enhanced games often have better textures and effects, or is it usually a simple resolution jump?

I don't know what the ratio is, it's a mix of both, and some games even have two or three profiles you can pick like it's a PC based on what you want visually (e.g. max out everything but run at locked 30fps, or run at 60fps but sub-4K and possibly with lowered effects). Textures are a rarer boost.

Also I think Steep and Tekken 7 are listed as Xbox One X Enhanced but it's lies, they both run sub-1080p. All other games which are actually enhanced should at least hit 1440p. Games actually hitting native 4K are pretty rare especially in the graphically-heavy AAA space, but there are a few, like Far Cry 5 most of the time (I think it has a dynamic scaler which can rarely drop it lower).

At worst games are on par with the PS4 Pro, with almost all games being better in some capacity, albeit at varying levels depending on the dev's efforts. There are about two dozen games, mostly from late 2016-late 2017, which have PS4 Pro patches but not Xbox One X patches (Steep, Tekken 7, Watch Dogs 2, Battlefield 1, and Black Ops 3 to name a few).

HoneyBakedMAN posted:

If you mean Xbox One X Enhancements, that's an easy answer, because there aren't any. MCC is supposed to get an update eventually, along with an update that actually makes the game not a buggy piece of poo poo after 4+ years. I think the only way you could have picked worse games to show off your Xbox One X is if you dipped in the Kinect-exclusive pool.

If you mean what the games include, it's roughly as follows:

MCC has 1080p versions of Halo 1 Anniversary Edition, Halo 3, and Halo 4, along with a version of Halo 2 that's enhanced similarly to how Halo 1 Anniversary Edition was, including the ability to hotswap between Xbox One graphics and Xbox One graphics. :v: It has multiplayer for all of these games, too, but with the exact same structure and restrictions as they had originally, and the matchmaking is broken as hell so you're unlikely to get a match and if you do it's essentially guaranteed to be the same players every time because no one else bothers. Also IIRC it is now literally impossible to reach the "top" players of the game because they block everyone else which prevents them from being challenged. ODST's campaign is available as paid DLC on the MCC. Note that the 360 versions of 1AE, 3, ODST and 4 are all backwards compatible, with at least 3 even actually running at 4K on an Xbox One X, and have much better online populations.

Halo 5 actually has Xbox One X enhancements, for what that's worth. The game is about 100 gigs now.

Gears of War Ultimate Edition is a graphical remake of Gears of War 1 and includes multiplayer. A lot of people feel the game's art was handled a lot better on 360, though. The game used to come with the 360 series of games (they are all backwards compatible including Gears of War 1 to get the original graphics) but no longer does.

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches
I wanted to play the collections to catch up with series before playing the new ones. I guess the story doesn't really matter for these games though so I'll just get the new ones.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Isn't the non-remaster version of Gears 4k?

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

The new versions of gears and halo are the worst games in the series.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Red Dead Redemption is in 4K on the bonx if you like boring last gen freeroamers with good skyboxes.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

HoneyBakedMAN posted:

I wanted to play the collections to catch up with series before playing the new ones. I guess the story doesn't really matter for these games though so I'll just get the new ones.

The stories kinda do matter, without them they lose any feeling they have.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Dear friends. Recently I purchased the most powerful console ever at a deep discount. What are the best most powerful console ever exclusives that I should take a look at?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

HoneyBakedMAN posted:

The Master Chief collection is the remaster of Halo 1 & Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo 4.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bogart posted:

Dear friends. Recently I purchased the most powerful console ever at a deep discount. What are the best most powerful console ever exclusives that I should take a look at?

Here is the list you should be looking at:

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Bogart posted:

There are none.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bogart posted:

360 games

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Jesus. It's really just Sunset Overdrive, huh.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

SSX3 in 4K

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Bogart posted:

Jesus. It's really just Sunset Overdrive, huh.

That one doesn't have an X patch

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Why buy a console and not know any games on it?

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
I bought a 4k oled tv in anticipation of the xbox one x which i then used to play cuphead, a 1080p game that's made to look like a 1930s cartoon. I've since bought about a dozen more games which I haven't played yet, but most recently purchased and played tempest 4000, a remake of an atari game from 1981 but with marginally better graphics.

It's still gotten more use than my ps4pro for which i have purchased 2 games and played none.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

butt dickus posted:

I bought a 4k oled tv in anticipation of the xbox one x which i then used to play cuphead, a 1080p game that's made to look like a 1930s cartoon. I've since bought about a dozen more games which I haven't played yet, but most recently purchased and played tempest 4000, a remake of an atari game from 1981 but with marginally better graphics.

It's still gotten more use than my ps4pro for which i have purchased 2 games and played none.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/384408932061417472?s=19

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Tbh they’re probably using those candles

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

RBX posted:

Why buy a console and not know any games on it?

It was $150 and I cannot not be thrifty.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Who the hell sold you an X for 150

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

TheScott2K posted:

Who the hell sold you an X for 150

Target made a mistake on their website last week.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
The best way to be thrifty is to spend money on things you don't need because they are cheap.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

I said come in! posted:

Target made a mistake on their website last week.

Yup! They cancelled an order for a board game and a Nintendo labo kit but let this go through no problemo. I also bought a PSVR for a hundred, to put my lack of thrift in perspective.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Bogart posted:

It's the only platform to have Red Dead Redemption in 4K, so get it imo.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bogart posted:

Yup! They cancelled an order for a board game and a Nintendo labo kit but let this go through no problemo. I also bought a PSVR for a hundred, to put my lack of thrift in perspective.

Jealous, I really want a PSVR.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
What's the general consensus of the best Halo game?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I don't think there is one? For me, it's Halo Reach.

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches

RBX posted:

The stories kinda do matter, without them they lose any feeling they have.

Would buying MC and the 360 versions of Gears 1-3 be the way to go? Do the unnumbered games matter?

To those acting like I'm an idiot for buying an expensive console to play old games: Don't worry, I'll get plenty of new games. I just thought this would be a good way to get into MS' major franchises.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
H3 had the best MP but Reach has the best singleplayer and was only marginally worse than 3 on the mp front.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

punk rebel ecks posted:

What's the general consensus of the best Halo game?

Reach has a v good campaign with cool vehicle sections

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches

Real hurthling! posted:

Reach has a v good campaign with cool vehicle sections

Is Reach available for download on XB1?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Idk they gave it out free on 360 in like 2014 thats how i played it

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

I said come in! posted:

Jealous, I really want a PSVR.

VR is dead.

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass
Halo 5s multiplayer is the best in the series hands down. It's also X enhanced and looks amazing on a 4k panel. The story is really really dumb but whatever.
MCC is getting updated to 4k eventually but even now it runs fine and you can play all of the campaigns in 1080 60fps. The multiplayer also works fine I was just on it the other day with the wife and we had no issue finding games quickly. Big team battles in Halo 3 are fun as hell.
Don't let the sad brains in here dissuade anyone from an X1 there is plenty to play on it, and everything looks and plays better than anywhere besides a PC.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

BrownieVK posted:

Halo 5s multiplayer is the best in the series hands down.

lmfao that's the least hands down thing that's ever been hands down'd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

HoneyBakedMAN posted:

Would buying MC and the 360 versions of Gears 1-3 be the way to go? Do the unnumbered games matter?

To those acting like I'm an idiot for buying an expensive console to play old games: Don't worry, I'll get plenty of new games. I just thought this would be a good way to get into MS' major franchises.

For Halo every numbered game and Reach matters, for gears you can ignore judgment.

All those games are excellent so don't worry. Do you play on OC, if not I have more games you can look into.