Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Encouragement of friendship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Climbing of social rank in her mind counts. You go girl!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Also, Aoi thinking to herself "Oh, I wanna talk to Hinata about that show from the other night" and then awkwardly hovering around while Hinata's talking to some other friends before getting scared and running away was enormous mood.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Guy Goodbody posted:

I'm glad the main girl is making friends but that episode of Encouragement of Climb didn't include much climbing.

Sometimes the climbing is metaphorical (climbing to maturity, adulthood, etc.)

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
the encouragement to climb hikari's mountains

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

is the kaiji spinoff good?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

ninjewtsu posted:

It's pretty fun.

Last episode, Tonegawa had an office barbecue, and this week, he faced the most terrifying weapon of all.

POWER POINT!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

chiasaur11 posted:

It's pretty fun.

Last episode, Tonegawa had an office barbecue, and this week, he faced the most terrifying weapon of all.

POWER POINT!

How many times did it crash?

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ninjewtsu posted:

It's good and the narrator takes it to an amazing level sometimes.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dvnk-hZu4y8

ANN posted:

The official Twitter account for the anime film adaptation of Fumiyo Kouno's In This Corner of the World (Kono Sekai no Katasumi ni) manga announced on Thursday that the film will get an extended version with about 30 more minutes of footage. The new version, titled Kono Sekai no (Sara ni Ikustumono) Katasumi ni (In (Several More) Corners of the This World), will begin screening in Japan in December.

The film's director Sunao Katabuchi (Black Lagoon, Mai Mai Miracle) planned the title and Kouno approved it. The concept behind the film is to give the perspective of "several more lives" in addition to Suzu's, so it has a new title to reflect the new theme. It will adapt more scenes from the manga.

The new scenes include Suzu crossing paths with Rin in the fall of 1944 and the winter and spring of 1945. Rin features prominently in the new visual above and the video below. Another new segment will focus on the Makurazaki Typhoon of September 1945, while Suzu is worried for her younger sister Sumi.
[x]

This is strange but also super neat and I'll gladly see this again, the scene with Rin in the regular version was sweet

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I'm still kicking myself for missing out when the film was on screens, so it's great I'll have hopefully the chance to actually watch it.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I watched it on a plane and it was beautiful and sad, but also lol at the title.

FordCQC
Dec 23, 2007

THAT'S MAMA OYRX TO YOU GUARDIAN
It was stumbled onto while looking through SpaceBattles for stuff to post in the Weird Fanart thread.
*Pat voice* Perfect
Is there anyplace streaming the following shows:

Back Street Girls
High Score Girl
Tenrou: Sirius the Jaeger

If not currently, do shows ever tend to get picked up later by Crunchyroll, Amazon, etc?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the answer to all your questions is netflix

FordCQC
Dec 23, 2007

THAT'S MAMA OYRX TO YOU GUARDIAN
It was stumbled onto while looking through SpaceBattles for stuff to post in the Weird Fanart thread.
*Pat voice* Perfect

Davincie posted:

the answer to all your questions is netflix

What, in Canada? Cause I'm not finding any of those on there in the US.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

FordCQC posted:

What, in Canada? Cause I'm not finding any of those on there in the US.

No, when Nextflix licenses seasonal anime, there's usually a delay on them before they are officially released, anwhere from a couple of months to over half a year. It blows.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

FordCQC posted:

Is there anyplace streaming the following shows:

Back Street Girls
:thunk:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's a good delay because it's killing the lovely transphobe anime

and the fansubs for sirius seem fine, no idea on hsg

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

high score girl is so much better than i thought it would be

it's pleasant to watch and the art style works really well, which is emphasised by ono (the titular girl) never speaking, so her gestures stand out a lot

i also really like the theme for the end credits (ED? what does that stand for?) particularly the electric guitar

definitely a hidden gem, i was not expecting to like it as much as i do

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
ED stands for ending, OP, much like how OP stands for opening, OP.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I love anime OPenings and EDnings.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I love anime OPenings and EDnings.

I also love PVcommercials

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

PViews

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I can't wait to see my favorite CVoice actors

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I think you mean Seiyuuvoiceactors

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I watched all of FLCL Progressive. It was all right.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

https://twitter.com/kyoani/status/1022754373317718017

The year is Meiji 40 (1907). Summer. Inako Momokawa, living in Kyoto's Fushimi, spends her every day unable to do anything well, constantly scolded by her father. Her single source of comfort is that she continues to pray devoutly to Buddha. One day, as she brings her hands together in prayer like she'd done so many times before, she meets a rowdy, uncontrollable boy named Kihachi Sakamoto, who shouts at her, "Can't believe in somethin' you can't see!" He rejects Buddha and instead boasts about the electrical age to come.

At the same time, Inako is suddenly confronted with talks of her marriage. Although up against her father's one-sided decision, Inako resigns herself to it, thinking she isn't worth anything more than that. Kihachi inspires the girl to take charge of her life and run away, and the two escape the house she was locked up in for so long.

The only way for her to stop the marriage is to find the one-of-a-kind "Electric Catalog." It was a prophetic document Kihachi wrote when he was but a child and was taken by Seiroku, his brother, before going missing. Both Kihachi and Inako will search for the Electric Catalog while escaping all over the Kyoto and Shiga regions.

The missing Electric Catalog. As for the secrets hidden in it..." and the caption for it "Would you die with me and take me to the Pure Land?

the next kyoani wherein they brutally and mercilessly torture me by not making a sequel to their greatest franchise, k-on

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!
Asobi Asobase is good.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

this sounds pretty good actually

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't really understand what it is about. some random boy is a prophet, but what does that have to do with her arranged marriage?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
All arranged marriage stories I've read in manga have been "but she falls for him anyway and it's all happy and they definitely have children, please have children, we get tax writeoffs for adding this".

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Ghosts n Gopniks posted:

"please have children, we get tax writeoffs for adding this".

operation otakuildren

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
weird post to make the day after a protest against ableist comments by a japanese politician who doesn't see people who can't make children as worth supporting imo

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
drat, can't believe that guy isn't up to date with the latest comments by a japanese politician.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
people in this subforum usually keep relatively abreast of japanese politics (we've made a lot of shinzo abe jokes), but not even that it was a pretty big news story in my social circles, i even saw it discussed in like three threads here

here's a thread from someone who went to a protest about it
https://twitter.com/canicuIa/status/1022785392569765890

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Expect My Mom posted:

people in this subforum usually keep relatively abreast of japanese politics (we've made a lot of shinzo abe jokes), but not even that it was a pretty big news story in my social circles, i even saw it discussed in like three threads here

here's a thread from someone who went to a protest about it
https://twitter.com/canicuIa/status/1022785392569765890

woah that protest is rad

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

My timeline flooded with it, still does with every related piece of news. Sugita Mio is a bowl of nutmeg, "Gays will ruin Japanese society" was another headline from days ago but everybody were like no your folks clearly dont need anyones help with that if we look at the past 50 years. She's probably all for the solar farm nightmare proposed for building in Izu too.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ghosts n Gopniks posted:

All arranged marriage stories I've read in manga have been "but she falls for him anyway and it's all happy and they definitely have children, please have children, we get tax writeoffs for adding this".
Ive never read a manga like that

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Endorph posted:

Ive never read a manga like that

I've read arranged marriage stories but they're all historical and explicitly about how people from different social strata in the past could find happiness and love with its various ups and downs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Oh yeah ive seen historical ones like that buy if they were talking about modern political problems i assumed they meant modern stories

I guess early 1900s is historical top but its closer to modern than the arranged marriage stuff ive seej and if anything the contrast between historical and modern societal views wrt arranged marriave feels like an intentional point given the crossover period its set in

• Locked thread