Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
horikoshi says he's gunshy about writing dark stuff but there is no part of the Nomu that doesn't make you go "jesus loving christ" after about two seconds' thought

they're random civvies, many of them probably children, who had the top of their heads sawed off and the rest of them converted into lobotomized meat puppets that can't do anything but fight and scream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

don't think they're gonna turn a top 10 hero into a noumu off screen, and she hasn't really done anything yet. she'll be fine

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Radish posted:

Also Shouto dropping some serious shade with the that's some scar line.

*sluuuurp*

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
When does Aizawa try to pet the cat? I never noticed it.

was that Gang Orca in the cooking show that the Todorokis were watching?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

thetoughestbean posted:

It's when we get one panel of him waiting outside, after we're told Shoto's teacher wanted to wait outside.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

thetoughestbean posted:

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

DizzyBum posted:

"My name is Wan Phorr Al."

You joke, but by now it should be pretty clear that's gonna be it, more or less. All the names are mega-puns.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

thanks!

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Aizawa doesn't even get to the stage of trying to pet, really. He's stymied at the step of even getting the cat to approach. Cat is having none of that poo poo.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

horikoshi says he's gunshy about writing dark stuff but there is no part of the Nomu that doesn't make you go "jesus loving christ" after about two seconds' thought

they're random civvies, many of them probably children, who had the top of their heads sawed off and the rest of them converted into lobotomized meat puppets that can't do anything but fight and scream

The first batch of Nomu was mostly criminals, if I remember right, which makes sense.

They're people who society is less inclined to go after if they go missing, and they're also people who All for One likely has more leverage on.

Not that it covers all of them, but using children regularly strikes me as a move that'd draw undesired attention. More likely targets of opportunity than the regular main focus.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

chiasaur11 posted:

The first batch of Nomu was mostly criminals, if I remember right, which makes sense.

They're people who society is less inclined to go after if they go missing, and they're also people who All for One likely has more leverage on.

Not that it covers all of them, but using children regularly strikes me as a move that'd draw undesired attention. More likely targets of opportunity than the regular main focus.

One of the Nomu looks suspiciously like one of Deku and Bakugou's middle school classmates, though...

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

Silver2195 posted:

One of the Nomu looks suspiciously like one of Deku and Bakugou's middle school classmates, though...

Wasn't that only in that they had wings? If I remember right that kid didn't always have his wings out, so they probably just took his quirk.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Viridiant posted:

Wasn't that only in that they had wings? If I remember right that kid didn't always have his wings out, so they probably just took his quirk.

That doesn't really mesh with the way Horikoshi hinted the relation honestly.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Ah I forgot the hint was as explicit as it was.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Dabi talk that has nothing to do with the Todorikis: why is he the designated Nomu wrangler? He was in control of the one in the Camp Attack and now he's in charge of High End. A connection to the mysterious Doctor?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Silver2195 posted:

Oh, yeah. Not denying that there were kids used for Nomus. Just figuring they're not the most frequent choice.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

oh jay posted:

Dabi talk that has nothing to do with the Todorikis: why is he the designated Nomu wrangler? He was in control of the one in the Camp Attack and now he's in charge of High End. A connection to the mysterious Doctor?

Look at the rest of the leauge's field agents and ask me again.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

oh jay posted:

I think it's more that he's competent and level-headed, which is pretty rare for the League of Villains

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

thetoughestbean posted:

I think it's more that he's competent and level-headed, which is pretty rare for the League of Villains

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Look at the rest of the leauge's field agents and ask me again.

...true

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Remembered something, which is that Dabi joined the LoV because he was inspired by Stain. If Dabi is Touya, then it stands to reason that he'd have an enormous problem with heroes by way of Endeavor being accepted by hero society as the #2, and Stain talking about how heroes are degenerate and self-serving would strike a chord with Touya-Dabi.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Remembered something, which is that Dabi joined the LoV because he was inspired by Stain. If Dabi is Touya, then it stands to reason that he'd have an enormous problem with heroes by way of Endeavor being accepted by hero society as the #2, and Stain talking about how heroes are degenerate and self-serving would strike a chord with Touya-Dabi.

Note, he was guilty of several arsons before joining the LoV. Real important to remember about ideology in regards to the LoV, is how often it's pointed out how much of it is just justification the villains themselves don't believe in. Shigaraki had a big speech about the evil's of Heroes, but when All Might confronted him on it, he was pretty quick to just smile that All Might saw through fake words meant to gently caress with him.

He might agree with Stain's claims, but the truth is he's a criminal and a murderer and those had nothing to do with the evil's of heroes. They were self-satisfaction.

It's really interesting the way Horikoshi writes things in MHA. All Might considers trying to save Shigaraki, but Gran Torino puts it down immediately, that Shigaraki is a villain now, and he's crossed lines that you can't walk back. And Horikoshi confirmed that, long ago, there may have been redemption for Shigaraki, but now he's done things that there is no taking back, he is firmly evil now.

The series takes a pretty interesting position that while events can define you, your actions, ultimately, are your own. You can feel bad for Shigaraki without thinking that he's deserving of redemption.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Theory: Dabi isn't Touya, but his skin graft is

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Nihilarian posted:

I was kind thinking something along those lines myself. the connection with endeavor is on the nose enough that I keep looking for ways in which it can swerve

course that might be intentional and horikoshi's just gonna play it straight

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Nihilarian posted:

Dabi is a secret Nomu. It's all coming together.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

When Aizawa finally uses his quirk on Toru it'll be revealed she's actually Dabi: Touya's half brother and the traitor, neatly tying up all the hanging plot threads

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

OnimaruXLR posted:

I like that one of the previous One-For-All users was Jack from Madworld

Man, that was probably a violent little stretch of history

I'm really surprised no one else seemed to notice this! Like, not even just similar design, it's straight up just Jack Cayman.

All Might with a chainsaw arm...

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Onmi posted:

Note, he was guilty of several arsons before joining the LoV. Real important to remember about ideology in regards to the LoV, is how often it's pointed out how much of it is just justification the villains themselves don't believe in. Shigaraki had a big speech about the evil's of Heroes, but when All Might confronted him on it, he was pretty quick to just smile that All Might saw through fake words meant to gently caress with him.

He might agree with Stain's claims, but the truth is he's a criminal and a murderer and those had nothing to do with the evil's of heroes. They were self-satisfaction.

It's really interesting the way Horikoshi writes things in MHA. All Might considers trying to save Shigaraki, but Gran Torino puts it down immediately, that Shigaraki is a villain now, and he's crossed lines that you can't walk back. And Horikoshi confirmed that, long ago, there may have been redemption for Shigaraki, but now he's done things that there is no taking back, he is firmly evil now.

The series takes a pretty interesting position that while events can define you, your actions, ultimately, are your own. You can feel bad for Shigaraki without thinking that he's deserving of redemption.

True.

Looking forward to Toga's redemption arc and her watching Deku sleep from his window with Aoyama though!

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

:allears: from the anime thread:

Momomo posted:

So is she actually supposed to be naked? I figured it was some kind of wetsuit and they were just being weird about it. She seems to be pretty much the same as that girl with the needles as far as her interactions with Deku go, so I can't say I'm particularly excicted about this character.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

sirtommygunn posted:

:allears: from the anime thread:

lmao they're gonna be so surprised, like next year when the remedial arc happens

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

https://twitter.com/hanonrye/status/1022965247391526912

Carlosologist posted:

lmao they're gonna be so surprised, like next year when the remedial arc happens

Nah, the reveal is at the end of the test.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

gmq posted:

The reveal in question is that she wasn't killed/mulched into Nomu food by the League.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The reveal is that she's actually just a hip teen who we all anticipate how she is localized in the subs

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Do you think anime localized Camie will say "fleek".

I hope she says "fleek".

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it'll definitely be something like

https://twitter.com/ioxaxoi/status/814685470252736512?s=19

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
'mirin that lit clip.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Eej posted:

The reveal is that she's actually just a hip teen who we all anticipate how she is localized in the subs

do you mean the dub? because I'm way more interested in that than the subs

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

gmq posted:

The surprise isn't that Toga was impersonating Camie. It's that she was incredibly bad at impersonating Camie, because of her very internet slang way of speaking and somehow no one noticed.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Dragonatrix posted:

The surprise isn't that Toga was impersonating Camie. It's that she was incredibly bad at impersonating Camie, because of her very internet slang way of speaking and someone no one noticed.

Ah, that makes sense. Toga did stay mostly quiet but yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
New Vigilantes

Fat Gum, Crab Cop, and Tsukauchi are all cool. Koichi is a huge dork. I love them all.