Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Homer being straight-faced while being comically, dangerously terrible at tasks never gets old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
Leaving aside the awkward and seemingly unironic Edison worship that episode always struck me as a odd since, even with typical cartoon logic in mind, Homer would have needed to display really impressive and totally out of character technical attitude to make things like the Makeup Gun and Lazy Man Toilet Seat but they still have to act like he's a fuckup and a failure.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

It was better when he became a moonshiner and acted like the explosions from his basement were his farts.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It was better when he became a moonshiner and acted like the explosions from his basement were his farts.

"Must have been that bean I had for dinner" is a regular quote in my family in response to farts.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
BLAMMO

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

khwarezm posted:

Leaving aside the awkward and seemingly unironic Edison worship that episode always struck me as a odd since, even with typical cartoon logic in mind, Homer would have needed to display really impressive and totally out of character technical attitude to make things like the Makeup Gun and Lazy Man Toilet Seat but they still have to act like he's a fuckup and a failure.

That episode didnt seem to actually worship edison though. Like on the commentary I think they even talk poo poo about edison

Who, knowing what I know now a days, turns out probably was easier to work with than tesla.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

KoRMaK posted:

That episode didnt seem to actually worship edison though. Like on the commentary I think they even talk poo poo about edison

Who, knowing what I know now a days, turns out probably was easier to work with than tesla.

I don't know what they say on the commentary, which was probably recorded years later, but I don't recall anything critical about Edison in the episode and the big emotional turning point is meant to be a scene where Homer realizes Edison wasn't able to keep pace with Da Vinci. He's still Homer's hero and model until his own negligence causes Homer's inventions to be wrongly credited, through no fault of Edison.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Dankmus is live on Youtube right now btw.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Nediddily serious about going to Praiseland!

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy

pablo gbscobar fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Jul 28, 2018

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
:allears:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

:hmbol:

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

:captainpop:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

I know this is an old post but I’ve been binge watching the Simpsons and I just can’t figure this one out. Help please.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
I know that Maude's frame comes from when the town was wrecking the Burlesque house and she was stomping on some plant pots.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

khwarezm posted:

I know that Maude's frame comes from when the town was wrecking the Burlesque house and she was stomping on some plant pots.

Ah that makes sense, I don’t have the dvds past season 7.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

I don't think that picture had any particular joke. It's just a pool mobile full of jumping Maudes.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
The original joke was "pool-mobile." They changed it to "Maude-mobile" and filled it with Maudes. It's a pretty complex joke, I know.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I dunno, seeing that many images of dead women leaves me feeling pretty maudlin

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Sentient Data posted:

I dunno, seeing that many images of dead women leaves me feeling pretty maudlin

Booourns

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
Real talk : how many of us say boourns in real life?

(It’s me. I was saying “boourns”)

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Apollodorus posted:

I also say boourns

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Apollodorus posted:

My wife and I, constantly.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

It's "Kurns," stupid

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I was saying Koourns.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

boo-urns is the opposite of boo

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
Yeah I use it wrong

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
Or maybe I don’t?

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

That format is so great, my mind immediately screams 'WHY DOESN'T MINE LOOK LIKE THAT?'

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
“Le Dud?!? What the hell is that???”

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

fatal oopsie-daisy posted:

“Le Dud?!? What the hell is that???”

HUNK SIDE RUINED, MUST... USE..DUD INSTRUCTIONS

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Found some Duff beer at a local Lidl, Simpsons font and everything:

No one gives a poo poo about the Simpsons now, but it must have been a clever marketing move at the time

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
My favorite Matt Groening comic, Lagerbier Hell.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Phlegmish posted:

No one gives a poo poo about the Simpsons now, but it must have been a clever marketing move at the time

there was some promotional thing (I think when when the movie came out?) when a bunch of 7/11s got rebranded as kwik e marts.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

the rare mistake where they use the plural instead of the 's possession

ruins the meme

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Phlegmish posted:

Any idea what it's rebranded from?

Should be fitting given in-show Duff is generally portrayed to be extremely mediocre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

Phlegmish posted:

Oh wow. My local Lidl only sells knockoffs of American beers both macro and micro.