Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

The Chad Jihad posted:

Kind of a weird request, but does anyone have any channels like VaatiVidya where they've mined out their mandate but are still out there just kind of spinning their wheels

I like some of VaatiVidya's videos since I find Dark Souls lore interesting so I decided to look at what he's done recently:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k77Kufb3D04

Guys I think we're out of Dark Souls...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Procrastinator posted:

7 is way too low and 6 is way too high for that...

2 is also far too low

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

khwarezm posted:

I like some of VaatiVidya's videos since I find Dark Souls lore interesting so I decided to look at what he's done recently:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k77Kufb3D04

Guys I think we're out of Dark Souls...

That's a fakeout title. He goes only a little ways before swerving into the actual video. Though he does finish it up I believe...

He definitely has started running on fumes, though. He should probably just do what the Bonfireside Chat boys did and say "hey I'll get to Sekiro once it's a substantial thing and until then I'm refocusing on other poo poo." Though it helps that BFC was a side venture, already, so they could just use the extra time to make their main show better.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

1 is better than 2 or 3.

OmanyteJackson
Mar 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hey, all Star Wars movies are just, like, ok. not terrible, not great, just... ok.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Augus posted:

5>4>8>6>7>3>2>1
tbqh

any list that does not have 2 as the worst is flatly wrong. episode 2 is the worst big-budget movie ever made.

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls

lobster22221 posted:

I've never hated starwars, but always felt that if I watched star trek I'd enjoy it more. But I'm also a binger and I don't have time for that.

I do think starwars can be fun though.

I actually like star wars, but I hate the star wars fandom

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Libluini posted:

We have missiles that can turn by 90° instantly? I need some sources before I believe that, buddy.

Tomahawks in the Gulf War were (in)famous for flying low enough and being agile enough that they had to - and did - turn at street corners on their way to the target. The most famous report came from legendary BBC journalist Bob Simpson.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

rudecyrus posted:

I actually like star wars, but I hate the star wars fandom

:emptyquote:

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

OmanyteJackson posted:

Hey, all Star Wars movies are just, like, ok. not terrible, not great, just... ok.

whoah calm down dude

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

rudecyrus posted:

I actually like , but I hate the fandom

:yeah:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Roth posted:

This could either be favorite Star Wars movies or favorite Jojo parts.

And have Part 7 that low on the list? You’re crazy.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Also like Star Wars, none of Jojo is good.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Roth posted:

Hold on, don't talk about JoJo’s like that.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

OmanyteJackson posted:

thats how i feel about the marvel movies outside the guardians ones. they are all ok. some are better or worse but they are all marvel movies.

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

any list that does not have 2 as the worst is flatly wrong. episode 2 is the worst big-budget movie ever made.

yeah. 1 is a lovely train wreck but at least its a surreal experience at times. 3 is dumb and bad and doesn't know how to do emotional fights well(5 and 6 and 7 do it great) but 2 is just boring and bad and its two people who don't have chemistry doing a love story with a dumb backstory of space hyper capitalist rebellion poo poo writen by some dude who doesn't understand romance.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Ive still only seen phantom blood lmao

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Roth posted:

imagine thinking this

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I am a big Star Wars and Jojo fan lol

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Junpei Hyde posted:

Ive still only seen phantom blood lmao

That's by far the worst part, just go to Battle Tendency

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Phantom Blood had significantly better ending than the rest of it warranted.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I Before E posted:

That's by far the worst part, just go to Battle Tendency

I really like phantom blood :(

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Yeah, Phantom Blood owns. For the longest time when I was first going through Jojo, I kept expecting more crazy Ripple adventures but it never really came back in a meaningful way.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea if anything Battle is the way weaker part of the OG Jojos, Phantom Blood is fuckin sick.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Phantom Blood is the weakest JoJo but it still loving owns.
It has a really strong beginning with establishing Dio’s character and a really strong ending. The stuff in the middle is just kinda ehhh.
It has the least interesting fights in the series, easily.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Any Jojo list that doesn't have part 7 at the top is wrong.

Or is anime-only, whatever.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

sexpig by night posted:

yea if anything Battle is the way weaker part of the OG Jojos, Phantom Blood is fuckin sick.

apologize to joseph joestar right now

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Joseph didn't get really cool until he was an old man there I said it

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

sexpig by night posted:

How can you say that when Joseph has "Your next line is..."?

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

sexpig by night posted:

Joseph didn't get really cool until he was an old man there I said it

But all he does as an old man is constantly go "OOOOOOOH NOOOOOOOO!" "OH MY GOD!" and so on while being mostly useless (besides like, one time).

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Because a dottering old stand user trying to be a good family figure despite the crazy poo poo around them is probably tied with a couple others in part 3 and 4 as the most needed contrast to the protagonist jojos. Plus in part 3 he's basically a super dramatic obi wan and that's fun. In 2 he was just kinda a Jonathan clone with a cool support team plus a nazi.

Caesar rules tho

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Darth Walrus posted:

Tomahawks in the Gulf War were (in)famous for flying low enough and being agile enough that they had to - and did - turn at street corners on their way to the target. The most famous report came from legendary BBC journalist Bob Simpson.

You know, I wanted to write a post where I scoff at you in scorn and contempt for bringing up some over-excited journalism crap instead of real sources (like technical data or something), but then I realized we're stepping farther and farther away from what matters: That real-life weapons are irrelevant for Star Wars, since it's a fantasy story in a galaxy far away and long ago, so presumably they don't have force-powered Tomahawks.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

sexpig by night posted:

In 2 he was just kinda a Jonathan clone with a cool support team plus a nazi.

:psyduck:

they're completely different characters in basically every aspect except physique and basic moveset? Jonathan's a pretty standard noble/naive hero guy, while Joseph's a little poo poo who gleefully fucks with people and isn't afraid to fight dirty.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Seriously. 1 and 2 are my favorite parts, but calling Joseph a Jonathan clone is just massively :psyduck:

FreezingInferno
Jul 15, 2010

THERE.
WILL.
BE.
NO.
BATTLE.
HERE!
The ultimate sign that Joseph was way different from Jonathan, watching the anime in sequence as it came out? The bit where, after seven episodes of watching the honorable Jonathan, Joseph just straight up pulls out a tommygun and riddles Straits with bullets in his first episode.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

It's like saying Mickey Mouse and Bugs Bunny are indistinguishable.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Raycevick - The Rift Between Good & Bad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_MvSq4KdEE

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I Before E posted:

It's like saying Mickey Mouse and Bugs Bunny are indistinguishable.

:psyduck: ??? They're both talking cartoon animals, what are you getting at here?

This is like saying that Merlin and Harry Houdini are totally different from each other.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

RareAcumen posted:

:psyduck: ??? They're both talking cartoon animals, what are you getting at here?

This is like saying that Merlin and Harry Houdini are totally different from each other.

Wouldn't you know it but a relevant video popped on my feed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBRUtdzTf8U

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Jonathan was raised to be a gentleman by a privileged wealthy man who was too detached from society to fully comprehend the evil that exists in the world, while Joseph was raised by both an empathetic strong-willed grandmother and a friend of the family who formerly lived as a wily instinct-driven street punk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Battle Tendency is more fun than Stardust Crusaders tbh

I only read the manga though