Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

The Cubelodyte posted:

I doubt it. It’s just a screw at the bottom of a hopper, right? Steel foodservice equipment like that usually disassembles easily for cleaning.

If cost-cutting is the driver for the Great Onion Change of 2018 then on the face of it this doesn’t make sense. It’s way more labor to portion and pack a bunch of cups than it is to fill a hopper.

This ignores the outrageous expense of white onions in TYOOL 2018.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

therobit posted:

I'm pretty Gotham sure the highest wages and benefits for employees should be on the cooling block long before the onion dispenser if activist investors were running the company.

I knew the Penguin was behind this somehow!

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

therobit posted:

I'm pretty Gotham sure the highest wages and benefits for employees should be on the cooling block long before the onion dispenser if activist investors were running the company.

Also holly hell those dispensers must be a pain in the rear end too clean.

you just run a loaf of stale bread through them

works for sausage grinders

naem
May 29, 2011

Skrill.exe posted:

This ignores the outrageous expense of white onions in TYOOL 2018.

So I tied an onion to my belt, as was the fashion at the time, you couldn't get any yellow one because of the war, only big white ones, Shelbyville was called Morganville and the ferry cost a nickel, nickels had pictures of bees on them-"give my five bees for a quarter" we'd say

sandball
Jan 6, 2006

therobit posted:

They're actually pretty easy to clean. The worst bit about cleaning them was getting a whiff of the pickled onions that have been sitting in there.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

therobit posted:

Honestly that's why I'm not too heart broken about it. I'm always a little skeeved, it's just that my love for onion overpowers any kind of sanitary fears I might have.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

It is probably to discourage onion salads, and for sanitary reasons. If you go to Costco and ask for a cup of onions with your pizza and they say no, then be worried.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
Went to the church today, got a dog.

People were literally fighting over carts outside, the runners weren't able to bring them back fast enough. I feel sorry for the cart runners, it's hot as hell out there today.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Bucnasti posted:

Went to the church today, got a dog.

People were literally fighting over carts outside, the runners weren't able to bring them back fast enough. I feel sorry for the cart runners, it's hot as hell out there today.
Weird

Even during the busiest SUV-battle arena soccer mom apocalypse days, I can’t say I’ve ever seen lack of carts to be a problem

I’m p sure the sq footage of the store is more limited than available carts

Now parking spots on the other hand seems to be the limiting factor

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Also attended church today. Got that pesto pasta with shrimp and sun dried tomato that they started carrying. Probably overpriced, but was pretty good eating on a warm summer day.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Xaris posted:

Weird

Even during the busiest SUV-battle arena soccer mom apocalypse days, I can’t say I’ve ever seen lack of carts to be a problem

Yeah, the parking lot wasn't quite full too, and it wasn't like there were tons of carts abandoned in the lot, I had quite a walk to go fine one in a coral I could use. Maybe the shareholders have insisted on less carts per store.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Xaris posted:

Weird

I usually park in the back half to third of the lot depending on how busy it is to avoid having to hunt for a spot. I do strongly prefer to park on one of the rows that has a walkway between the cars so that my kids aren't playing in traffic on the way in.

therobit fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Jul 30, 2018

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

therobit posted:

I vaginal pain in the back half too back wrist of the lot

:thunk:

naem
May 29, 2011

It's a varay heavy, a, bertation

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Quote not edit

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
Holy gently caress goons are dumb. Costco has a long storied history of actually telling shareholders to gently caress off.
Literally every shareholders meeting, a bunch of genius capitalists squawk about reducing wages and benefits, especially for part time employees. Just a couple months ago they gave all American hourly workers a big increase (in addition to what is included in the 3 year employee agreement).

There's been a long standing discussion about the onion dispensers ranging from:
- Food safety
- People getting pissed off if they are empty
- Cheap motherfuckers like several in the last page bragging that they never buy onions
- The not insignificant amount of time staff need to spend monitoring and refilling them, vs the ease of monitoring how many cups are left in the fridge.

That said Costco is not immune. gently caress it's possible Amazon could just buy us, but nothing of consequence has happened yet. If they start clawing back part time wages and benefits and increasing the proportion of said part timers, you can sound the alarms. Until then, ask for onions at the counter.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Some day we’ll look back at the Great Shareholder Onion Revolt of 2018 and weep in despair.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

FCKGW posted:

Some day we’ll look back at the Great Shareholder Onion Revolt of 2018 and weep in despair.

But only because of that onions being chopped by employees at the food court.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Math You posted:

Holy gently caress goons are dumb. Costco has a long storied history of actually telling shareholders to gently caress off.
Literally every shareholders meeting, a bunch of genius capitalists squawk about reducing wages and benefits, especially for part time employees. Just a couple months ago they gave all American hourly workers a big increase (in addition to what is included in the 3 year employee agreement).

There's been a long standing discussion about the onion dispensers ranging from:
- Food safety
- Cheap motherfuckers like several in the last page bragging that they never buy onions
- The not insignificant amount of time staff need to spend monitoring and refilling them, vs the ease of monitoring how many cups are left in the fridge.

That said Costco is not immune. gently caress it's possible Amazon could just buy us, but nothing of consequence has happened yet. If they start clawing back part time wages and benefits and increasing the proportion of said part timers, you can sound the alarms. Until then, ask for onions at the counter.

:hmmyes:

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

If there were actually a shareholder revolt that $1.50 Costco dog would be the first to go, not some measly onions.

It’s like the canary in the coal mine.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
$1.50 dog ain't leaving until Jim Sinegal dies. Craig seems just as adamant.

no youre a liberal
Mar 28, 2009

our future

Math You posted:

- Food safety

Costco is down 14 cents last week. the hedge funds that read these forums will look to force Costco remove onions if they haven't already

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
Also the stock is up 15 percent since May lol

I know really loving well because I sold a bunch of shares in May :suicide:

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Math You posted:

You killed the onion dispenser you sick gently caress!

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Math You posted:

I sold my $65k worth last year at $150 ... :argh:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
stone him!!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

binge crotching posted:

I sold my $65k worth last year at $150 ... :argh:

nice humblebrag, you now owe all thread posters a dog and drink

with free refill

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
i will murder any of your familys for an onion, i just want that on the record.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
I need to re-install Skyrim.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Want that sample

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
that guy ain't just thinkin bout them dogs

he's thinkin bout being them dogs

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Poor Glenn....

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Rirse posted:

Poor Glenn....

thats actually a photo of me after realizing all the savings I just saved at Costco

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Costco’s opening up a new location near me in 9 days. I took a day off work just so I can experience this. I wonder what bounties they will have on their shelves!

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

tangy yet delightful posted:

nice humblebrag, you now owe all thread posters a dog and drink

with free refill

I wish I had any left, it all went into a down payment on a house. If I did, it'd be dogs and Kirkland Light for all.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Costco’s opening up a new location near me in 9 days. I took a day off work just so I can experience this. I wonder what bounties they will have on their shelves!

You wanna jnownbounties? Get this:

A loving delicious 1/4 all beef hot dog with a 20oz drink WITH A FREE Refill for

Wait for it -

A dollar and fifty cents.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

fatal oopsie-daisy posted:

A loving delicious 1/4 all beef hot dog with a 20oz drink WITH A FREE Refill for

Wait for it -

Yeah but you have to haul your 5 gallon tub of mayo back there each time. :jerkbag:

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

fatal oopsie-daisy posted:

Wait for it -

That's like 1983 prices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
It’s 6 quarters

wow.