Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://mangadex.org/chapter/418556/1

New Chapter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

That reminded me of Vinland Saga. After so many chapters, [spoiler]End of Prologue.[/[spoiler]

All round 1 matches complete! Looking forward to the next set of bouts, I'm rooting for Sekiyaba Jun and Kuroki Gensai.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

the viet translation just got 4 more chapters :(

poor ohma, looks like kazzy will be replacing you next round

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Really curious whether the Fang is supposed to be using the royal ‘we’ (which doesn’t seem to fit with the personality he’s displayed so far) or referring to his group all the time.

Anyway, go team Gaolang.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I am really excited for round 2. All the jobbers and weaker fighters have been discarded, now it's time for the real contenders to duke it out. Hell's angel vs the strongest creature in Africa is the match I'm most looking forward too. The embodiment of wrestling vs the daredevil assassin, that's the stuff of dreams.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Brought To You By posted:

I am really excited for round 2. All the jobbers and weaker fighters have been discarded, now it's time for the real contenders to duke it out. Hell's angel vs the strongest creature in Africa is the match I'm most looking forward too. The embodiment of wrestling vs the daredevil assassin, that's the stuff of dreams.

Sorry to burst your bubble but Mutembe reveals that he's been fighting in the Kumite since he was 14 and starts tearing Jun's organs out

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Thats honestly a possibility. This is going to be tough for Jun since he has a no-blocking philosophy and his opponent isn't shy about lethal moves and targeting vitals or maiming his opponent.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
people are making a bigger deal of jun not guarding that is necessary. he was deliberately putting on a show against kiozan

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

hes not gonna block dude

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i'm not saying he will. he won't just sit and take the attacks though

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Jose posted:

i'm not saying he will. he won't just sit and take the attacks though

I'm not saying it's a big deal either, but it's a problem that this style of fighting has. Being willing to absorb your opponents attacks is a mixed bag and we saw that in the fight vs the sumo wrestler. It stands to reason that Jun, one of the most respected and seasoned fighters in the association, will have countermeasures for such attacks. But that doesn't mean that his particular combat philosophy won't come back to bite him against someone like mutembe who does aim to kill.

fa-GYO
Mar 7, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Sitting there and taking it is literally his mo.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Heel turn in round 2 as he sneaks a folding metal chair into the ring

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
It turns out all those years taking hits was just to lure everyone off guard so he can take one guy by complete and total surprise.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
The scary thing about Muteba vs Jun isn't that Jun will stand there and soak up his attacks until he dies, it's that all it takes is Jun to try to soak the wrong attack one single time for Muteba to gouge his eyes out or smash his windpipe or pop his eardrums or something.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Maybe "taking all your opponents' attacks" is something that Jun does when he's playing face, and when he turns heel in Round 2, all the many and varied dirty tricks of a wrestling heel will be utilised.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

he's going to fight muteba in a minefield match

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
He pulls the old Eddie Guererro chair trick to dq Muteba.

God I really do hope he leans into the heel side of wrestling for this one to sneak the win away.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Jun going heel wrestling would be very cool and would help expand into other fighters showing that they have multiple sides to their own combat styles.

Few of these guys straight up mulched their opponent to who knows what they actually do when in a true fight

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Or maybe he just no sells a groin crushing and brain gouging even better than the masochist dude, I'm fine with that too.

I really wanna see what Cosmo can do against a real opponent who isn't intentionally throwing the tournament to make it fair for the rest of the competitors that he could easily crush.

fa-GYO
Mar 7, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
If you think Jun is going to go heel in front of his new himelayan manchild fanboy then I hope Muteba is contracted to hunt you down and obliterate your dick and balls with a terminator vice grip to keep your brains out of the gene pool.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
I’m glad everyone is correctly excited for the best round 2 matchup

E: but when will the next danberu update hit

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

fa-GYO posted:

If you think Jun is going to go heel in front of his new himelayan manchild fanboy then I hope Muteba is contracted to hunt you down and obliterate your dick and balls with a terminator vice grip to keep your brains out of the gene pool.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

its funny imo that the guy has contracted the heavenly wolves to take over behind the scenes or something despite their main fighter being absolutely trashed in the first round and the fact that metsudo has an agito level fighter as his main bodyguard

Aug 24, 2011

tweet my meat posted:

Or maybe he just no sells a groin crushing and brain gouging even better than the masochist dude, I'm fine with that too.

muteba: "you fool, i dont need eyes to see"
jun: "you fool, i never had a penis"

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the tournament is great and all, but i'd rather like to know just what the heck is up with ohma

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the tournament is great and all, but i'd rather like to know just what the heck is up with ohma

Same here. I need to reread this too because I can't remember who the super bodyguards on the island were and who the new invaders are anymore.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

At it's core it's a powerup, just more interesting.

Ohma is suppressing something. My theory is that his master died protecting him, he's an idiot who tried attacking whateverhisnameis. He ends up suppressing a bunch of stuff, including special skills.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I don't think we've ever seen ohma use one of the water katas.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

When he was meditating and we found out that Awakening wasn't a technique Niko taught him he told him that he's been neglecting like half of the styles he taught him.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Jose posted:

its funny imo that the guy has contracted the heavenly wolves to take over behind the scenes or something despite their main fighter being absolutely trashed in the first round and the fact that metsudo has an agito level fighter as his main bodyguard

I like the fact that Agito is so powerful and feared everyone refers to all the top tier fighters as "Agito level"

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

When he was meditating and we found out that Awakening wasn't a technique Niko taught him he told him that he's been neglecting like half of the styles he taught him.

Phantom Niko then noted that something is different from "then". Regarding Ohma's aptitude or training of the 4 katas. So it's possible that he's actually mastered the other two katas as well and just isn't using them. Ohma's a mess though mentally so that's probably related to why he's only using his past proficiencies as well as defaulting to the advance when in a tight spot.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i know most people are looking forward to jun's second fight but wakatsuki/julius is the second round i'm most interested in

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

CharlestonJew posted:

I like the fact that Agito is so powerful and feared everyone refers to all the top tier fighters as "Agito level"

Well yeah, they call everyone Agito level fighters because they look at them and think they might be able to beat the Fang.

Phantom Niko then noted that something is different from "then". Regarding Ohma's aptitude or training of the 4 katas. So it's possible that he's actually mastered the other two katas as well and just isn't using them. Ohma's a mess though mentally so that's probably related to why he's only using his past proficiencies as well as defaulting to the advance when in a tight spot.

The Flame and Redirection katas are a lot more aggressive than the Water and Adamantine katas so that might have something to do with it. Although, all the face bleeding might've made him more aggressive than he used to be so he just doesn't use them anymore. Like how when he's using the Advance he can't use any martial arts at all.

edit: Oh it was called Advance. Not Awakening. Alright.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Let's just hope he doesn't default ON the advance.

HAW.
HAW.
HAW.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
I’d like an Advance
What for?
The Fang is in town

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

The Flame and Redirection katas are a lot more aggressive than the Water and Adamantine katas so that might have something to do with it. Although, all the face bleeding might've made him more aggressive than he used to be so he just doesn't use them anymore. Like how when he's using the Advance he can't use any martial arts at all.
Given what we've seen flashback/phantom Niko do with the adamantine kata (breaking concrete with a tackle and hardening fingers) I'm not convinced the other two are any less aggressive, just that Ohma lacks the creativity of his master. Water Kata likewise is about holds and locks and if the current fight has shown anything these are really good offensive options. And that arm hold phantom niko used is a good example of this.

Hate-Senpai posted:

Let's just hope he doesn't default ON the advance.

HAW.
HAW.
HAW.

I hate you, you beautiful bastard.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Jose posted:

i know most people are looking forward to jun's second fight but wakatsuki/julius is the second round i'm most interested in

Me too. I am hype to see if Wakatsuki can punch harder than a car.

Aug 24, 2011

i want to see fang vs kung fu buddha guy whose name i forgot. luckily that will happen this round, albeit at the end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

where the red fern gropes posted:

i want to see fang vs kung fu buddha guy whose name i forgot. luckily that will happen this round, albeit at the end

If you mean Gensai, you have the bracket wrong. Agito fights Gaolang this round and Gensai fights Setsuna.