Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I don't think Mr. Mudkiper is saying D'Lo or Droz are at fault or the uncomfortable factor in this situation, I think he's saying some event promoter going "what if we marketed an event about that time a dude paralyzed another dude for life" is gross. It's not on D'Lo and Droz for doing it, go get paid, it's that even by wrestling standards that's carny as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I hope that never actually crossed the promoter's mind, he just thought "hey, let's get some Attitude Era midcarders for our meet and greet" and then a week later someone pointed it out and he was like "oh gently caress"

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

CarlCX posted:

I don't think Mr. Mudkiper is saying D'Lo or Droz are at fault or the uncomfortable factor in this situation, I think he's saying some event promoter going "what if we marketed an event about that time a dude paralyzed another dude for life" is gross. It's not on D'Lo and Droz for doing it, go get paid, it's that even by wrestling standards that's carny as gently caress.

It’s one of the most something awful style of avalanches where a guy mentions that something is a little weird at a glance and then is forced to dig his heels in despite obviously not meaning what it ends up sounding like he’s meaning after 6 posts of being on the defense

You either have to try and defend yourself and hope for the best or just abandon ship completely

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
my friend was at the show where droz got paralyzed. he said it looked like his head went into his torso like some sort of spring-loaded action figure

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Baron Corbin posted:

wow, Droz is looking as good as he did before the injury

lol

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

CarlCX posted:

And yeah that's what I got from it too

It is really weird to book it based around that I mean it's pretty obvious since it's those two guys together and top billed. It doesn't make me uncomfortable and I'm glad they're cool with each other because it was a freak accident but it is a weird booking.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

It's a real hosed up reason to have a signing and wrestling fans can't be trusted to not be the biggest shitlords possible at the signing.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

CarlCX posted:

Ok cool glad I wasn’t crazy

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

does droz still have a dotcom job

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

From everything I'd ever heard Droz forgave D-Lo for the whole thing, but D-Lo was understandably hosed up about it forever

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
D-Lo did the move backwards and fixed Droz

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Ok cool glad I wasn’t crazy

No, not at all. But you can't express a mild distaste for anything on the internet anymore. It's all or nothing, baby!

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

D-Lo did the move backwards and fixed Droz

And it only took him 19 years to perfect the sit up running backwards miracle put down

It took Jesus 20

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

You all seem to be missing it's called Stand Alone Wrestling and true to their name they booked one guy who can stand

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Is this a better spear than Roman Reigns? It's definitely better than Edge's.

https://twitter.com/Deadspin/status/1022887688733642752

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

That's benefitting from the Kaitlyn/AJ effect where a spear looks twice as devastating when you're doing it to someone half your size.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

also AJ ragdolls like a kitten

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

well poo poo

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1023609122158141442

https://twitter.com/OldWrestlingPic/status/1023610247456256000

https://twitter.com/pws_official/status/1023610014685126658

https://twitter.com/PWInsidercom/status/1023599622592323584

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Trevor Lee's dad, Tracy Caddell, who founded OMEGA with Matt Hardy and had a long run on the Carolina indies also just passed.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

And Brian Lawler makes 3

Hung himself in jail. :smith:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Poor Brian.

It's really hosed up for Jerry too. It's his kid which is bad enough, but he also had decided not to pay his bail because he felt (and I think he was right) that if he kept bailing Brian out then he was never gonna learn or change. The guilt must be horrible :smith:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Poor Brian.

It's really hosed up for Jerry too. It's his kid which is bad enough, but he also had decided not to pay his bail because he felt (and I think he was right) that if he kept bailing Brian out then he was never gonna learn or change. The guilt must be horrible :smith:

oh man, yeah that's got to be shredding him :(

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Jesus that’s such a horrible situation. People can get into instances where they feel so down about themselves and like they’re such a disappointment that it can be really hard to pull yourself out of it. For Brian I guess this last taste of failure was too humiliating and he just couldn’t deal with it anymore. Depression and feelings of judgement work hand in hand and just tend to compound if they’re never approached head on and it can have devastating consequences

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

local Memphis news doing coverage of Brian Lawler's life and death

https://twitter.com/WMCActionNews5/status/1023943507101278218

https://twitter.com/WMCActionNews5/status/1023989664217276416

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
There is a blind item circulating that is 100% about the Rock. Basically he always tries to blame his flops on other people, but this time the industry tabloids are reprinting his PR team verbatim.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Completely unsurprising after Baywatch happened and he spent the entirety of its theatrical run praising the fans who did see it "and everyone who saw it loved it" and bragging on Insta about it actually making money in countries, notably none of which were the US and Canada

I knew he was never good at accepting Ls but that was really embarrassing to witness in realtime

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

There is a blind item circulating that is 100% about the Rock. Basically he always tries to blame his flops on other people, but this time the industry tabloids are reprinting his PR team verbatim.

Why don't you post the blind item

Related: I saw Jumanji at a movie in the park screening and it was good and funny.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Wasn't there a pretty big rift between him and Vin Diesel on the Fast and Furious sets? Or am I thinking of someone else

deadkiller615
Aug 7, 2007
yea, I kill dead stuff. so what?

MassRafTer posted:

I mean I believe that but if your talking about crazy days and nights the guy who ran that got pretty exposed. Also posted a kinda gross conspiracy about Anthony Bourdain being murdered for his support of me too.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

DJExile posted:

Wasn't there a pretty big rift between him and Vin Diesel on the Fast and Furious sets? Or am I thinking of someone else

Nah, that was him.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DJExile posted:

It was so bad they didn't have a single scene filmed together that aired in the final release of the most recent film, and it's super obvious watching it

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

DJExile posted:

And he won't be in any future F&F movies. Him and Jason Statham are getting a spinoff for their characters.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

It was so bad they didn't have a single scene filmed together that aired in the final release of the most recent film, and it's super obvious watching it

Hahahaha that's amazing

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Chris James 2 posted:

Completely unsurprising after Baywatch happened and he spent the entirety of its theatrical run praising the fans who did see it "and everyone who saw it loved it" and bragging on Insta about it actually making money in countries, notably none of which were the US and Canada

I knew he was never good at accepting Ls but that was really embarrassing to witness in realtime
Yeah he was doing what that John Gotti movie did for what feels like years at this point, I don't know Rock pick good movies to work on?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Endless Mike posted:

Related: I saw Jumanji at a movie in the park screening and it was good and funny.

Jumanji was a shockingly good film. I went and saw it with family and I wasn't looking forward to it at all, and ended up being really pleasantly surprised.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

DJExile posted:

Yea and it seemed like The Rock was the problem but then Tyrese went batshit crazy and since he sided with Vin, people took the Rock’s side.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Chris James 2 posted:

In fairness, those things are so poorly directed you never know who's in the same scene with each other

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p76AW6x3P0I

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

dsriggs posted:

In fairness, those things are so poorly directed you never know who's in the same scene with each other

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p76AW6x3P0I

The first 10 seconds of that vid at least have them appearing in the same shot.

I am not kidding when I say the only time that happens in F8 is the end scene, the wide camera pan shot from the sky at everyone eating on a roof table, and even then it's clearly filmed from a helicopter/drone so they're like ants and it wouldn't surprise me if there was a bald Diesel stunt double specifically only contracted to be in that shot because the two literally wouldn't be in the same room with each other

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Sami Callihan defeated Shigehiro Irie to become DDT's KO-D Openweight Champion on some indie show in Ohio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Sami Callihan defeated Shigehiro Irie to become DDT's KO-D Openweight Champion on some indie show in Ohio.
I almost went to this but I got called in for work :(

• Locked thread