Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

euphronius posted:

He was good this year

I have no idea why they demoted him even
His last 4 or 5 appearances were pretty disastrous and his attitude was volatile at best.

Still not a domestic abuser, though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Yeah 4.99 ERA Ken Giles was definitely good this year and not a troubled headcase that let things spiral out of control.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Given Oh and Osuna are both gone, I wonder if Toronto doesn't hand Giles the ball in the 9th

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Kirios posted:

Yeah 4.99 ERA Ken Giles was definitely good this year and not a troubled headcase that let things spiral out of control.

10.33 k/b and 2.28 fip

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

https://twitter.com/brianmctaggart/status/1024079491205746688?s=20

Verlander looking uncomfortable

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

-0.2 WAR, 1.272 WHIP. We can play this game all day and argue advance metrics, but I'm going to guess I've watched way more of Ken Giles pitching this year than you to tell you no, he has not been pitching well at all and was demoted for some very key reasons, including being a massive headcase.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

K/b isn’t advanced metrics.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
He’s also been terrible in his AAA appearances, so it’s not as if he’s made any improvements.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Ah, you're going to be that guy and cherry pick. Gotcha.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

He’s also been terrible in his AAA appearances, so it’s not as if he’s made any improvements.

He's being a low key troll, don't sweat it.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Jesus Christ he's been fed the company line so hard that being angry off at an abuser is now saying "inflammatory things about stuff like this"

like anyone would ever naturally talk about an "ongoing case"

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Man this is going to be an awkward clubhouse situation.

(makes aggressive angry tweet about abuse)

"so what do you think about your new wifebeating closer?"

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Verlander looking bummed makes me kinda sad because he's been my favorite Astro along Altuve (who I both literally love) since he's been traded. :(

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
The only positive thing about that video is that Verlander says he “stands by what [he] said”. If Osuna accepts the peace bond on Wednesday and basically confirms the assault occurred, I hope Verlander gets a lot more candid.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Kirios posted:

Ah, you're going to be that guy and cherry pick. Gotcha.

He's being a low key troll, don't sweat it.

I’m not cherry picking stats I’m focusing on fip and k/b which have been traditional stats to measure pitcher performance along with whip and maybe hr/9

His whip was high due to hits as mentioned but his hr/9 is was sterling. I didn’t know he had a fight with hinch.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/Cut4/status/1024083763456823301

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I'm very pissed tbh.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Big Mean Jerk posted:

The only positive thing about that video is that Verlander says he “stands by what [he] said”. If Osuna accepts the peace bond on Wednesday and basically confirms the assault occurred, I hope Verlander gets a lot more candid.

A peace bond comes with no admission of guilt.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Zigmidge posted:

Let's just throw big cans of paint at a wall instead.
#notalltrumpsupporters :911:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

A peace bond comes with no admission of guilt.

poo poo, I must have misread.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

euphronius posted:

I’m not cherry picking stats I’m focusing on fip and k/b which have been traditional stats to measure pitcher performance along with whip and maybe hr/9

His whip was high due to hits as mentioned but his hr/9 is was sterling. I didn’t know he had a fight with hinch.

I've never been a big fan of rate stats for relief pitchers, especially closer, who only pitch 1 inning at a time

Its SSS at its finest along with dubious extrapolation

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

bawfuls posted:

#notalltrumpsupporters :911:

They aren't like us, in the MLB thread on something awful dot com.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

"Astros Zero tolerance policy"

Hires an abuser.

Hmmmm

MODS CURE JOKES
Nov 11, 2009

OFFICIAL SAS 90s REMEMBERER

Goodpancakes posted:

Hires an abuser.

Hmmmm

Looks like they got zero tolerance... for them bitches!!!!!

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

euphronius posted:

Ken Giles is as good as osuna

Make no sense to me.

Osuna has a career whip of 0.91 . He is miles better than Giles. And team control +++

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
so Verlander's first ballot when it's all said and done, right

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Require Osuna to address the the player wives in a closed clubhouse room in addition to addressing the team. Get it out in the open with whom I figure will be quite willing to be his harshest critics. Let him convince them. If they give the thumb's down, well gently caress, I don't know.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
An extended example of Lance Lynn's interview style:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5dvlF002mw

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Osuna has a career whip (women hit in public) of 1.00 . He is miles beater than Giles. And punch control +++

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

zapplez posted:

Osuna has a career whip of 0.91 . He is miles better than Giles. And team control +++

They appear to both be free agents in 2021

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

the popes toes posted:

Require Osuna to address the the player wives in a closed clubhouse room in addition to addressing the team. Get it out in the open with whom I figure will be quite willing to be his harshest critics. Let him convince them. If they give the thumb's down, well gently caress, I don't know.

idea owns

include adult daughters of staff and management

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
https://twitter.com/PavlovicNBCS/status/1024093855107301377

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Cueto's elbow ligament is in heaven with his beloved steed, Popeye :rip:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Remember the start of last season when it was pretty much considered a lock he would opt our or be traded?

Good times.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

euphronius posted:

They appear to both be free agents in 2021

Giles will be a free agent after the 2020 season - Osuna 2021.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

Goodpancakes posted:

Hires an abuser.

Hmmmm

The idea of "zero tolerance" toward mega athletes beating their physically vulnerable significant others being something that even needs to be articulated in such a virtue-signalling fashion is just so patently absurd

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Kirios posted:

Giles will be a free agent after the 2020 season - Osuna 2021.

Bref doesn’t agree but your probably right and I’m reading bref wrong

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
"Don't worry guys, our policy is indeed to not not punish domestic abusers. Just in case any of y'all were doubting our moral compass"

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

drat I couldn't even identify him without his Hrabosky stache

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Gotta factor in the suspension - he doesn't get time accrued for it. It's actually why I think it's a great punishment for him, he cost himself millions by his actions.

• Locked thread