Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

FauxLeather posted:

Does anyone know the solution to this block puzzle in Immortal Battlefield?
The blocks reset to their original positions when you move offscreen to the right, so I'm baffled

Read the tablet next to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I'm kinda stuck in Valhalla

There's a mimir statue that supposedly needs a mantra read in front of it to get a ladder spawning. The lower level leads nowhere. I have met a naked guy and hit him to have him teleport somewhere, I don't know where he went.

I was able to kill Nidhogg by completely cheesing him with the gun and got [spoiler]the claw]/spoiler] from the next area but I haven't found any place to use it.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Follow the spooky naked guy!

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

what am I supposed to be doing with these thrones because I have not figured out how to sit down on them

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

corn in the bible posted:

Follow the spooky naked guy!

I wish I could remember where he went after the second time I hit him.

e: okay, I found some crab miniboss near the save tablet. So far unable to beat him.

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jul 31, 2018

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

grieving for Gandalf posted:

what am I supposed to be doing with these thrones because I have not figured out how to sit down on them
Did you examine them?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i actually dunno where to find the spooky naked man in his...final? appearance in the zone he's in after hitting him like 2-3 times, which i feel would be a more pertinent road to follow than loving around in the ice/fire funhouse of gently caress you

e: lmao he's a sneaky little gently caress hiding behind foreground stuff like that

Johnny Joestar fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jul 31, 2018

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

If you can't get somewhere, you may need to ask an npc for help or fight a boss.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Johnny Joestar posted:

i actually dunno where to find the spooky naked man in his...final? appearance in the zone he's in after hitting him like 2-3 times, which i feel would be a more pertinent road to follow than loving around in the ice/fire funhouse of gently caress you

e: lmao he's a sneaky little gently caress hiding behind foreground stuff like that

I dunno if you're stuck at the same part as me but I figured it out by accident.

you need to go talk to the bearded geezer again At "Anterior chamber of cataclysm" and he'll open a wall for you. How am I supposed to figure this out? Earlier he just said something about a huge danger coming.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

No, he says you must have done something wrong because he senses an evil spirit

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

man, all the things the tablets and people were saying was right. vritra really was not at their peak performance. i feel like i did a bad thing, though.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Well, I got quickly stuck after the boss fight again. I guess I can't progress in this area anymore without the mantra. But the only areas I have unlocked right now are Annfwn and Fire & Ice treetops and neither look very welcoming.

e: I'm having trouble with cryptic quests and progression just a few hours in. I have no hope with this game.

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Jul 31, 2018

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
There is another area you can now explore.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

TeaJay posted:

Well, I got quickly stuck after the boss fight again. I guess I can't progress in this area anymore without the mantra. But the only areas I have unlocked right now are Annfwn and Fire & Ice treetops and neither look very welcoming.

e: I'm having trouble with cryptic quests and progression just a few hours in. I have no hope with this game.

You should take notes whenever you see something you can't do now. It makes it much easier to figure out what you've unlocked whenever you get a new item.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

You should be able to explore quite a few areas now!

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yeah, it definitely opens up a bit more at that point. you're gonna want to take risks and push forward in whatever weird places you find yourself in.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Johnny Joestar posted:

man, all the things the tablets and people were saying was right. vritra really was not at their peak performance. i feel like i did a bad thing, though.

I like how if you're even slightly paying attention to the tablets and NPCs you realize almost immediately that you're loving everything up and hastening the end of the world or whatever, just to get some ARCHEOLOGY done. The first goddamn thing you do is free Loki, and it only escalates from there.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

You should be able to explore quite a few areas now!

Johnny Joestar posted:

yeah, it definitely opens up a bit more at that point. you're gonna want to take risks and push forward in whatever weird places you find yourself in.

Wow, this seems like absolutely crazy since I was pretty sure those are the only two areas I can go to right now. No idea what I've missed.

Unless you mean Corridor of blood which takes me to all kinds of areas that feel like I'm certainly not supposed to be in?

e: Also wow stupid me not catching the whole Loki thing immediately. The snake dropping venom on his head and everything.

e2: I've found at least 2 area entrance but they are sealed behind gates that won't open for me.

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jul 31, 2018

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Infinity Gaia posted:

I like how if you're even slightly paying attention to the tablets and NPCs you realize almost immediately that you're loving everything up and hastening the end of the world or whatever, just to get some ARCHEOLOGY done. The first goddamn thing you do is free Loki, and it only escalates from there.

especially when you go back and talk to the guy right outside where you fought the boss again and all the hugely obvious signs and lore bits make it clear beforehand that this guy is gonna be all for making things go to poo poo really quick. and he's ecstatic about it.

TeaJay posted:

Wow, this seems like absolutely crazy since I was pretty sure those are the only two areas I can go to right now. No idea what I've missed.

Unless you mean Corridor of blood which takes me to all kinds of areas that feel like I'm certainly not supposed to be in?

e: Also wow stupid me not catching the whole Loki thing immediately. The snake dropping venom on his head and everything.

e2: I've found at least 2 area entrance but they are sealed behind gates that won't open for me.

naw, the corridor of blood is not really something you need to be going in early on to make some progress

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

TeaJay posted:

Get exploring in annfwn, it's the next reasonable step up in difficulty and branches out into two more areas.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

the annfwn boss is a dick though

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i just want some drat map improvement software already

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
What boss should I be going for third, I've beaten the ones in Roots and Valhalla, but I can't reach the one in Annfwn, even though I can see the active ankh.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

So after killing the first guardian I've explored what feels like 5 different area's and I'm stuck in all of them. This is La Mulana alright. :v:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Johnny Joestar posted:

i just want some drat map improvement software already

it's in the gate of the dead

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Second health orb found. I am so happy to not die so quickly.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I hate ratatoskr

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

I hate ratatoskr

Just spear him repeatedly.

Edit: Ok, this Japanese area looks awesome already.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Aug 1, 2018

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
I'm stuck in GOTD, cheesed the miniboss unicorn by doing him upside down and throwing spears from the area above where he can't hit me at all, but now I'm stuck - I got three pedestals that always shock me when I try to place weights on them, any small hint about what I'm missing?

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Taking a break for the day because I have absolutely no idea how to progress anywhere right now.

https://i.imgur.com/vhDTqPl.png

Here's everything I have right now. I'm seeing people talk about the annwfn boss and I have the right side area unlocked I'm just stumped on what to do to unlock anything there.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's in the gate of the dead

nice, thanks. i generally don't want spoilers as a rule but stuff like that isn't much of a spoiler to me as much as it's just quality of life.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Ive been in eight different areas now and I still havent found a single upgrade since the first sigil. I banged my head against a miniboss for half an hour and got an ankh crystal lmao, gently caress you too game.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Vritrea or whatever, get clowned on. I am dunking on bosses much more easily than the last game with twice my health.
That golden crab guy was a pain. What with the eye shocking me when I don't remember attacking the pillar. The dick move after that, killed my shield and got me backtracking. Stop shooting fire.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I found a big frog and couldn't seem to damage him. What a pain in the rear end!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Zaggitz posted:

Taking a break for the day because I have absolutely no idea how to progress anywhere right now.

https://i.imgur.com/vhDTqPl.png

Here's everything I have right now. I'm seeing people talk about the annwfn boss and I have the right side area unlocked I'm just stumped on what to do to unlock anything there.

Extremely jealous of your chain whip there

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Extremely jealous of your chain whip there
Here's where you get it.

immortal battlefield, the block puzzle before you go down into the lava area.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Do I need a downward shooting weapon to hit the tiny switches in the floor?

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

Scalding Coffee posted:

Yes you do. It can be found once you are able to push blocks.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Sonel posted:

Yes you do. It can be found once you are able to push blocks.

This seems to be whats preventing me from doing anything, what zone should I be looking in?

NVM got it

Agent355 fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Aug 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Scalding Coffee posted:

You can actually slightly sequence break some of them by throwing caltrops down in them, but doesn't seem like it gives you any upgrades quicker anyway.