Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Huh that somehow looks even worse than before.

Why do you hate fun you fun hater

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Seriously, what the hell is that accent Hardy is going for? He sounds like Simple Jack.
The final part of the trailer with the... uh... joke... reminded me so much of something out of The Room.

This looks like total rear end.

Deakul fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Jul 31, 2018

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

is this movie supposed to be a 1990s period piece?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

QuoProQuid posted:

I don't think so but I could be wrong.

However, that trailer actually made me less interested in the movie. Looks like rear end.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Deakul posted:

Seriously, what the hell is that accent Hardy is going for? He sounds like Simple Jack.

It's the same accent he uses in The Drop (which is very good), which takes place in Brooklyn and is presumably an attempt to land on something in that vicinity.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Saw this in front of the First Purge and it looked promising.

Plus I'm a sucker for Zoe Kravitz and Dennis Quaid.

quote:

Chased by a vengeful criminal, the feds and a gang of otherworldly soldiers, a recently released ex-con and his adopted teenage brother are forced to go on the run with a weapon of mysterious origin as their only protection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac5wrM2uYbk

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

ruddiger posted:

Saw this in front of the First Purge and it looked promising.

Plus I'm a sucker for Zoe Kravitz and Dennis Quaid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac5wrM2uYbk

That is... just an odd thing of a movie. I would have loved that as a kid.

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

Brought to you by the studio behind the historic The Emoji Movie, ladies and gentlemen.

:suicide:

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Here's a few more trailer I stumbled across today.

Leave No Trace - Ben Foster plays a veteran/father suffering from PTSD who has been living in a national park with his daughter until the government finds him and tries to re-acclimate him and his daughter back into society.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_07ktacEGo8

Cynthia - Looks like a killer baby movie in the same vein as It's Alive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0lk8lGs2wk

Dead Night - A group staying in a remote cabin on a snow covered hill find Barbara Crampton hanging out in the woods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyKyboTBsU4

Puppet Master 2: The Littlest Reich - this movie seems to be getting a lot of cheap heat for having the puppets (retroactively) support the nazis and murder SJW analogs. Makes me glad I support Troma more than Full Moon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrALop-1dhM

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

QuoProQuid posted:

I hope so :allears: :suicide:

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Jul 31, 2018

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

davidspackage posted:

While Venom has a pretty substantial solo career at this point, it seems like a really bad move to not start him in a Spidey movie. Though maybe there'll be some top secret third act Tom Holland cameoing?

spider man is dead yo

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Doorknob Slobber posted:

spider man is dead yo

Oh yeah. I genuinely forgot that for a second.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Leave No Trace got a rave review in the New Yorker. Supposed to be real good.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What kills me more about Venom is they’re making him fight another symbiote. (SP?) How boring.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Taintrunner posted:

What kills me more about Venom is they’re making him fight another symbiote. (SP?) How boring.

Looks like multiple. Asian lady, someone else and the CEO guy

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I’m sad that Tom Hardy is going to be in such a terrible movie.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Shageletic posted:

Leave No Trace got a rave review in the New Yorker. Supposed to be real good.

We opened it a month ago at my theater in PDX. I'm not over the moon about it, but it's a decent movie. It never truly commits to one set of ideas, it's just sort of indecisive. Not as good as Winter's Bone but there are some nice scenes, especially the opening 15 minutes.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Ehud posted:

Just a paycheck for him to practice his method acting skills.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ehud posted:

I love his work.

He's a lunatic though.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

ruddiger posted:

Puppet Master 2: The Littlest Reich - this movie seems to be getting a lot of cheap heat for having the puppets (retroactively) support the nazis and murder SJW analogs. Makes me glad I support Troma more than Full Moon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrALop-1dhM

Puppet Master 2? Shouldn't it be, like, 22?

I'm actually a little interested. Instead of the usual lowest common denominator DTV Full Moon deal, it's written by the Bone Tomahawk and Brawl In Cell Block 99 writer/director and stars some legit actor/comedians.

edit: Apparently it's the first in a total reboot, so maybe the 2 in the video title is an error.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Aug 1, 2018

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Teenage Fansub posted:

Puppet Master 2? Shouldn't it be, like, 22?

I'm actually a little interested. Instead of the usual lowest common denominator DTV Full Moon deal, it's written by the Bone Tomahawk and Brawl In Cell Block 99 writer/director and stars some legit actor/comedians.

edit: Apparently it's the first in a total reboot, so maybe the 2 in the video title is an error.

No. Do not do this. According to early reviews, it's unironic neo-Nazi propaganda.

Seriously we should probably just go ahead and throw S Craig Zahler in the garbage.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Venom looks exactly the right kind of trashy for me.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

No. Do not do this. According to early reviews, it's unironic neo-Nazi propaganda.

Seriously we should probably just go ahead and throw S Craig Zahler in the garbage.

it's sitting at three positive reviews on Rotten Tomatoes, but here's the paragraph from one of them defending/excusing the content of the movie, and quite possible the worst footnote I've ever seen:

quote:

There's an element to The Littlest Reich that's not going to sit well with some, as Sonny Laguna and Tommy Wiklund's alt. timeline reboot** sees Toulon's little bastards literally committing hate crimes. Yes, their victims are chosen because they are black, Jewish, gay, etc. It's a blatant act of provocation on the creators' part that leads to some rather uncomfortably mean spirited kills, not to mention jokes that will more than likely cause a solid amount of pearl clutching, should the picture cross over into the mainstream. However, this is what marks Sonnier and Zahler's collaborations as so special. These guys are legitimate exploitation artists, and aren't afraid to let their movies carry an air of disreputable danger. If The Littlest Reich makes you scream and laugh, it did its job. But if it offended or exasperated you, chances are Sonnier and Zahler are going to consider that a gold star, as well. This is tried and true shock cinema: wild, in your face, and meant to be experienced with the rowdiest crowd imaginable. The timid need not apply.

**We were informed via the post-film Q&A that Charles Band is going to continue making his own Full Moon brand of Puppet Master pictures, while Sonnier and Zahler's will exist outside of that canon, and continue with the prequel Aryans Ahoy!

i will stick with the Purge movies thank you

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Byzantine posted:

Venom looks exactly the right kind of trashy for me.

Yeah It actually looks like fun, as in fun to watch, as a contrast from the more manufactured and calculated fun of the main MCU movies.

Slutitution posted:

Brought to you by the studio behind the historic The Emoji Movie, ladies and gentlemen.

:suicide:

How is that relevant? by that logic I'm looking forward to the next Avengers film, from the studio behind the legendary Planes: Fire and Rescue and Mars Needs Moms

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Wandle Cax posted:

Yeah It actually looks like fun, as in fun to watch, as a contrast from the more manufactured and calculated fun of the main MCU movies.

the MCU movies are the wrong kind of trash

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Being right sucks rear end.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

it's unironic neo-Nazi propaganda.

I'm gonna seriously doubt this.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

DC Murderverse posted:

it's sitting at three positive reviews on Rotten Tomatoes, but here's the paragraph from one of them defending/excusing the content of the movie, and quite possible the worst footnote I've ever seen:

i will stick with the Purge movies thank you

This sounds hilarious.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I literally had to stop watching Brawl... about halfway through because I was getting big white supremacist vibes. Trust your gut, folks.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Wandle Cax posted:

How is that relevant? by that logic I'm looking forward to the next Avengers film, from the studio behind the legendary Planes: Fire and Rescue and Mars Needs Moms

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
From the director of Happy Feet and Babe 2: Pig in the City...

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

MonsieurChoc posted:

Babe 2 is incredible, possibly one of the darkest and most inventive children's movies ever made. The lawnmower chase scene might as well be out of a Mad Max film.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Yeah, I hope you weren't implying that Pig in the City isn't one of the best films of the 90s.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The first Babe losing Best Picture to Braveheart is one of the biggest mistakes the Oscars have ever made.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

MonsieurChoc posted:

Happy Feet is adorable and lovely and Babe 2 is amazing and terrifying. that's great pedigree

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

And Fury Toad you uncultured swine

EDIT: Venom trailer looks baller, gently caress the haters :colbert:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Samuel Clemens posted:

Yeah, I hope you weren't implying that Pig in the City isn't one of the best films of the 90s.

I wasn't, I love all of George Miller's movies.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Parrotine posted:

And Fury Toad you uncultured swine

EDIT: Venom trailer looks baller, gently caress the haters :colbert:

Fury Toad is a secret Babe spinoff

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Fury Toad sounds like one of a million rip-offs of TMNT they had in the 90s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Lobok posted:

Fury Toad sounds like one of a million rip-offs of TMNT they had in the 90s.

If it was made by George Miller, I'd watch it.