Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Spatial posted:

that's the reason they gave but the real reason is that elon called up jack and told him he was extremely butthurt

any Elon tween had a million of those bots replying so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

a squirrel with a broken cock still nuts twice a day, or something

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

i was referring to him calling up the blogger's boss and trying to get him fired.

it's a pretty hilarious scam and well targeted. gullible elon fans and cryptocurrency scams go together like steak and wine

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
how does verifying an email address stop the bots though

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
very carefully

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Jonny 290 posted:

oh loving hmbol goddammit ben

Chuds don't like Ol' Musky because:
Tesla and Solar City are theoretically environmental and thus liberal.

Therefore

The money he makes from government subsidies for the above plus SpaceX are him robbing taxpayers

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
prolly something to do with “gubmint picking winners and losers!!1” too.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Davethulhu posted:

Chuds don't like Ol' Musky because:
Tesla and Solar City are theoretically environmental and thus liberal.

Therefore

The money he makes from government subsidies for the above plus SpaceX are him robbing taxpayers

sounds like he needs to donate money to republicans to balance things out. cost of doing business...

Lime
Jul 20, 2004

PleasureKevin posted:

what do you mean

i just personally feel like he's probably a decent guy and doesn't deserve to be in the

President Beep posted:

guillotine greenroom

just because he work at occulus

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Lime posted:

i just personally feel like he's probably a decent guy and doesn't deserve to be in the

just because he work at occulus

i’ll let stalin know

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.
so did palmer luckey, makes u think

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

elton musk sux bunp

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Future Elon Musk tweet: oh ya since I am from the Afrikaan continent it is I who is truely African American

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

90% chance he’s uttered this in private.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

President Beep posted:

90% chance he’s uttered this in private.

100% chance hes used this as an icebreaker on dates

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Suspicious Dish posted:

how does verifying an email address stop the bots though
it offloads the detection to some company that cares more than you and has thought / spent more than you, the one providing the address

it makes it easy to ban hordes coming from the same address / global region

adds another hurdle to mass registration of accounts

it doesn't stop but it sure slows them down

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

Agile Vector posted:

100% chance hes used this as an icebreaker on dates

100% chance those dates were actually business meetings

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
100% chance that elon is a winner!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

obstipator posted:

100% chance that elon is a winner!

hm, nah

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

and that's why it was okay for me to say that word

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
this is the one elian prolly says on the reg

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
its use was extensively demonstrated in the 1980s documentary Lethal Weapon 2

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

so that's what they mean by "All lives matter"

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

dawkins is also south african

it turns out all white people from there are garbage

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
no he isn't

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

PleasureKevin posted:

dawkins is also south african

it turns out all white people from there are garbage

maybe the "we" is him and his headmates, the 69-ing dogs.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

oh he was born in kenya my bad

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

nah Elian is cool, leave him out of this

quote:

González joined the Young Communist Union of Cuba in June 2008 shortly after graduating from junior high school. At age 15, he began military school. In a November 2013 speech, González described his time in the United States as "very sad times for me, which marked me for my whole life", asserting that the Cuban Adjustment Act led to the denial of his rights, including "the right to be together with my father, the right to keep my nationality and to remain in my cultural context".

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Cocoa Crispies posted:

nah Elian is cool, leave him out of this

can i marvel that the clintons used ins to reunite a child and parent

elmer chud
May 18, 2018
(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)
Remember when elon tweeted about the saboteur he discovered? Well:

bring back old gbs posted:

from the CSPAM teslol thread
its all good but the real poo poo is in the last 2 pages god drat

TL;DR:
-Tesla Whistleblower is informed that a robot arm had a pin on it that was puncturing battery cells, is shown ~1200 punctured battery cells in a container.

-Whistleblower confirms the punctured cells have been short circuited internally.

-Whistleblower later notices the container is empty and finds out other Tesla employees have been filling the puncture holes with glue, and marking them as good.

-Whistleblower uses the inventory tracking system to find out where the cells ended up. 732 of the punctured cells ended up in Tesla Model 3's that were already on their way to customers.

-Tesla disables the inventory tracking system that allowed Whistleblower to do this.

-Musk goes on twitter and says the Whistleblower sabotaged Tesla operations.

:stare:jfc Musk is going to kill somebody with this poo poo and he will never be held accountable for it.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

elmer chud posted:

:stare:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

musk is such garbage.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

elmer chud posted:

someones getting a payday

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

i want to see this addressed at the earnings call MUSK

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Last Chance posted:

i want to see this addressed at the earnings call MUSK

ugh. boring!!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

turning off inventory tracking means when the inevitable forced recall comes, they will have to recall 100% of cars manufactured in that timeframe

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
feelin rigid

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

same, but in the back of my mind I’m worried that nothing will come of this because he’s a rich con artist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.

Endless Mike posted:

turning off inventory tracking means when the inevitable forced recall comes, they will have to recall 100% of cars manufactured in that timeframe

it's beautiful isn't it?

probably for the best too, because you can be 100% certain the batteries aren't the only critical qa failure that's made it into delivered vehicles.

really, the best thing they could possibly be doing is "factory gating" all those model 3s out in random lots so they never see delivery. it'll save millions when the recall is announced