Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
Bummed to wake up and find that the only bullpen help we traded for was John Axford, but poo poo, somehow turning Logan Forsythe and two nothing prospects into Brian Dozier owns pretty hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

https://twitter.com/BlueJaysPR/status/1024404884068556800

Rumors are flying on twitter, everything from 'he's announcing that he won't be back this season' to 'he's retiring'. :ohdear:

I can't imagine he's announcing retirement from Oakland of all places but I am betting he's done for the season.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
I hope his speech doesn't get interrupted by flooding poop water

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
https://twitter.com/BiggieSmails72/status/804722528497389568

Check the date

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/RobBiertempfel/status/1024426211651596288

so not kingham, but...keller?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

:drat:

https://twitter.com/BillShaikin/status/1024440175487680512

It is pretty great to not hate the people running the Dodgers these days.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

It would have to be Keller

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Lol it’s not gonna be Keller, he would have been the headline. It’ll be Luplow or someone

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Man I wanted to see Carpenter or J Martinez traded

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

wait the loving dodgers got dozier?

god drat

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

R.D. Mangles posted:

wait the loving dodgers got dozier?

god drat

Seriously, Dodgers fans are gonna be besides themselves if they don't win the WS

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Seriously, Dodgers fans are gonna be besides themselves if they don't win the WS

You'd think they'd be de-sensitized by now.

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

Ammat The Ankh posted:

You'd think they'd be de-sensitized by now.

Pretty much

But I mean, yeah, there is some heavy offensive potential. Some major question marks though as well: Turner's wrist health, Bellinger just not being the same player, probable regression from Muncy/Kemp, the fuckin bullpen, etc.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

Vernacular posted:

Pretty much

But I mean, yeah, there is some heavy offensive potential. Some major question marks though as well: Turner's wrist health, Bellinger just not being the same player, probable regression from Muncy/Kemp, the fuckin bullpen, etc.

Also the front office pulling starters out of the game after 4 innings

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
I'm pretty happy with the return on Archer. I hope he does well with the Pirates because holy poo poo people would find any excuse to hate him here.

The lack of rotation is hilarious although Chirinos has been used as a starter recently. The season's a wash and this team is somehow .500 despite going completely off the rails with how the pitching situation has worked. Might as well go full crazy till Snell gets back.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Just like to point out that replay review system is complete horseshit.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

The Berzerker posted:

https://twitter.com/BlueJaysPR/status/1024404884068556800

Rumors are flying on twitter, everything from 'he's announcing that he won't be back this season' to 'he's retiring'. :ohdear:

I can't imagine he's announcing retirement from Oakland of all places but I am betting he's done for the season.

Tulo is actually dead, the Jays have just been running out a hologram for all the press events.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Niwrad posted:

Just like to point out that replay review system is complete horseshit.

I generally hate it, but not as much as I hate the Cubs

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

What sucks about replay is you can't run out of the dugout and scream at the ump because they agree with you!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:siren: REYES PITCHING FOR NEW YORK :siren:

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Rough day for the Mets, failed to do anything meaningful by the trade deadline. Hopefully the team can go out there and give the fans something to cheer for anyways!

Oh...

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Oh hey, Wilson Ramos is on the DL with a hammy

That's why he got traded for nothing

His ptbnl is correlated to time actually on the field if I heard correctly. Hope you don't have anyone in Williamsport you partially like.

N: I leaned Fenway's out of town scoreboard only goes up to 19, as the Nationals hang 25 and counting on the Mets

V: lolmets

E: nevermind, but I hope the nats find a way to score 100

InsensitiveSeaBass fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Aug 1, 2018

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I would be shocked if it’s not one of Kevin Newman/Cole Tucker.

My cousin is convinced it’s Kang and they aren’t saying anything until Tampa looks at his wrist.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
https://twitter.com/MattDunnSNY/status/1024477288879075330?s=19

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/Mets/status/1024480152175239168

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Even though he's hurt Carlos Martinez and his emotional surprise hugs when he knows he's on camera are still rolling

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Popete posted:

Rough day for the Mets, failed to do anything meaningful by the trade deadline. Hopefully the team can go out there and give the fans something to cheer for anyways!

Oh...

W...wow.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Tom Gorman posted:

Even though he's hurt Carlos Martinez and his emotional surprise hugs when he knows he's on camera are still rolling

Carlos is love

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

sportsgenius86 posted:

I would be shocked if it’s not one of Kevin Newman/Cole Tucker.

My cousin is convinced it’s Kang and they aren’t saying anything until Tampa looks at his wrist.

My twitter feed is speculating it’s Will Craig, the heavy slugging first baseman in Altoona

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

contract the mets.

Actually don't, it is highly contagious

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Both of Russell's hands were off the bag when he got tagged. Looks out to me.

As usual, the WORST REVIEW EVER, OMG THE UMPS ARE loving US, turns out to be a borderline call at worst. This one doesn't even look that borderline .

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

The Pussy Boss posted:

Both of Russell's hands were off the bag when he got tagged. Looks out to me.

As usual, the WORST REVIEW EVER, OMG THE UMPS ARE loving US, turns out to be a borderline call at worst. This one doesn't even look that borderline .

yea, i have to agree. he beat the throw, sure, but he didn't maintain touch with the bag. out is out is out.

if you want to argue against the rule, ok. if you want to make it so that you just have to beat the throw by touching the bag, ok, there's a case for that. but per the rules in 2018, he's out.

can we at least agree on that before this all turns into another insufferable cubs gabfest?

abelwingnut fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Aug 1, 2018

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Julio Cruz posted:

Mets can certainly compete next year if everyone stays healthy and hits their upside, but with the medical staff and the general cursed-ness of the franchise that'll never actually happen.

I dunno, the rotation pieces are there, and there is some young hitting. Hopefully Conforto can bounce back, I'm not as sold on Rosario though. They do need more bats in the lineup, though. Bruce and Frazier are pretty cooked, and Cespedes is made of glass. Plus, that bullpen, yikes. They can't go into next season with guys like Rhame, Tim Peterson and Anthony Swarzak.

I'm pretty sure there's gonna be a new GM coming in, as I really don't think any of Minaya/Ricco/Ricciardi are going to turn this team around with some good and shrewd moves in the offseason. The new GM should definitely bring in his own staff too. Callaway is way over his head and Roessler has no business being a hitting coach. Whoever they bring in, though, is going to be seriously handcuffed by the Wilpons.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

https://twitter.com/keithlaw/status/1024483934552432640

Flawless Victory

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
N: Phillies actually win a game

V: lolmets

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
So Tulo says he is optomistic about returning this year...

I hope somehow he is half decent in 2019, and we can flip him to a contender that already lost their SS for the season for a prospect if we take half his salary. At this point I'd rather have anyone else playing short.

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

historically bad, y'all

https://twitter.com/jaysonst/status/1024488337963405312

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
It’s “only” a 21 run difference tho, not 24+ ?

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Has anyone ever led the majors in homers and steals in the same season? Cause Jose Ramirez...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/1024486776382148611

• Locked thread