Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
this is going to be fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Indeed

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout

twistedmentat posted:

BF1 put a lot of tacticlol stuff on MGs so who knows. It will be interesting if they have just MG36s and MG42s that you can put stuff on to customize it like irl, or will just have them like BF1.

As for more silly stuff, I'd not be surprised we got a man portable Browning .50 cal.

It'd be cool imo if they didn't have any LMGs with scopes in BF5 to help prevent the "Brusilov Effect"

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Give them to like a handful of fixed emplacement ones. I really hope this next one has less scopes for mobile weaponry outside the sniping scout bits.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Is there any way to douse fire once you get lit?

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Nah fam

sorry

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

SeanBeansShako posted:

Give them to like a handful of fixed emplacement ones. I really hope this next one has less scopes for mobile weaponry outside the sniping scout bits.

Limit the sniping scout bits to pickups like sentry kits and I’m in.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i want to play this game

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Anybody up for some Friday night BF1 or BF4 on PC?

I figure since none or one of us is on at once, maybe we can get a good chunk of us for an hour or two just for fun?

It’s fun to play with your goon brethren. Just curious if anybody is down to party

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

StashAugustine posted:

stop and go prone

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
we should do a BF1 game night soon. What day of the week and time might be good? I'm CST and I'm pretty open on my times, especially on the weekend

like I know we could just play, but I mean like a day where we set and try to get a bunch of people on and playing

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

eonwe posted:

we should do a BF1 game night soon. What day of the week and time might be good? I'm CST and I'm pretty open on my times, especially on the weekend

like I know we could just play, but I mean like a day where we set and try to get a bunch of people on and playing

Yesss this!!! So evenings are good for me (CT too, I live in the greatest state in the history of the world called Louisiana). As long as some others chime in with their ideas, I just have to tell the fam I have heads to click.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

StashAugustine posted:

Man every goddamn that one ember sets you on fire I think to myself 'why the gently caress are these soldiers so drat flammable' are they carrying match sticks in all those pouches?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

It looks like they’re giving away apocalypse dlc for free

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Also a 5GB patch, rebalancing a bunch of the shock ops and some UI stuff

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Didn't fix back to basics tho 👌

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Wow, the quality of players in Operations is utter trash. Why yes, please, immediately go back to respawn after getting killed when there's a medic immediately to your right trying to revive you. Going back to the respawn screen doesn't make you get back into the fight quicker, morons.

I was reminded why I hated playing that trash mode. Never again. Not until they give defenders a ticket count too. Until then it's just a meat grind with the worst players in all of video games.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Bohemian Nights posted:

Didn't fix back to basics tho 👌

I think the mode sucks until they sack up and give all factions the drat bolt action rifles.

Goodguy3
Aug 11, 2016

"What?! I'm not tangled up like this for fun, you know!"

StashAugustine posted:

Press R, aim up, and fire. Don't do it for too long though or The Dude will start retching and you won't be able to use any weapons until he recovers.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Jimbot posted:

Wow, the quality of players in Operations is utter trash. Why yes, please, immediately go back to respawn after getting killed when there's a medic immediately to your right trying to revive you. Going back to the respawn screen doesn't make you get back into the fight quicker, morons.

I was reminded why I hated playing that trash mode. Never again. Not until they give defenders a ticket count too. Until then it's just a meat grind with the worst players in all of video games.

I gave BF1 another go a couple weekends ago and every Operations match I somehow ended up on a team that was like 10 players and about 50 IQ points short. Then I went and did a few Conquest matches and when I threw a frag grenade into a bunker that had at least half a dozen enemies stuffed into it and didn't get a single kill it was the last straw. Stickin with BF4 at least until V comes out.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Jimbot posted:

I just don't get the teams that won't attack when they should be attacking. My team last night on Zeebrugge at the sub pens just sat all around the outside of the flag, posted up on doorways just throwing grenades inside while our tickets slowly drained away. I would rush in, kill two or three dudes and start capping but immediately get wrecked by the whole defending team. But there was clearly an opening each time where if team mates had followed we would have taken the flag. I don't loving get it. Like, you're attacking on Shock Operations, your K/D is supposed to be hosed. Like they act like they're actually scared, like getting shot in the game actually hurts or something. I wish they would remove K/D entirely from the series. Like actually having ZERO stat tracking for kills and deaths would improve things a bunch.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Chud players are always afraid of being killed. All that matters is your personal K:D, not whether you actually win.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Julius CSAR posted:

I wish they would remove K/D entirely from the series. Like actually having ZERO stat tracking for kills and deaths would improve things a bunch.

It's kind of nice to know but yeah if it cut down on people being cowards (especially hillhumpers and spawncampers) to protect their ratio then I'm 100% for getting rid of it.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

twistedmentat posted:

Chud players are always afraid of being killed. All that matters is your personal K:D, not whether you actually win.

Very authentic though

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

PC BFers (hehe): 9PM CT on Friday. Gonna put together a large goon crew and play some battlefield 1 or 4. (Probably 1 this time). Feel free to jump aboard. Let’s do it. Get nude

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I'm really hoping they get rid of these garbage weapon assignments for BFV. They force you to play the game in really crap ways. I can do kill X amount as [class] but all that other garbage can go.

Getting 3 headhots on console with an infantry variant is loving hard. But I guess they gotta sell you those overpriced "shortcut" packs.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

twistedmentat posted:

Specifically unique to the ops gamemode are mortar truck users and their sole desire to statpad their kdr. I owe my 95% winrate on ops to the people who use mortar trucks on attack or defense because it will not, cannot stop ptfo players who blanket the field in smoke nades.

The most dramatic change of this patch is removing the ability to teamkill shitlords in mortar landships/trucks.

Previously the best tactic to ruining their kd was to plant TNT and mines around the vehicle and prone on top of the mortar tube, causing the shell to hit your soldier's hitbox and detonate the explosives. loving :dice: patched this life saving measure but didn't remove mortar vehicles from ops. :dice:

Jimbot posted:

I'm really hoping they get rid of these garbage weapon assignments for BFV. They force you to play the game in really crap ways. I can do kill X amount as [class] but all that other garbage can go.

Getting 3 headhots on console with an infantry variant is loving hard. But I guess they gotta sell you those overpriced "shortcut" packs.

The shortcut packs don't unlock assignment guns, it's a joke why anyone would spend money on MTX in bf1.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Jimbot posted:

Yeah just either do it super basic or do that stuff as a shortcut to fancy hats.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

I'd much prefer that over these lovely "get umpteen headshots with a wildly inaccurate gun then also kill ten men with trenchfoot" ones.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

PC BFers (hehe): 9PM CT on Friday. Gonna put together a large goon crew and play some battlefield 1 or 4. (Probably 1 this time). Feel free to jump aboard. Let’s do it. Get nude

Somebody grab me on steam for this, thanks in advance

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

As soon as I started reading that the guns in the BF1 expansions needed dumb bullshit to unlock (instead of just being stuff that I paid for) that cemented my decision to not buy them. I know that BF3 and BF4 had that too but those were also really easy and you could do them by just playing normally barring a few exceptions like "kill 1 enemy with the repair torch" which was easily done because you just needed to do that instead of stabbing the sniper you found prone on a rock. I think the only one I had trouble with was one that needed a game mode almost everyone of course stopped playing after a week.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i will be here for thing on friday night

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!

Kibayasu posted:

As soon as I started reading that the guns in the BF1 expansions needed dumb bullshit to unlock (instead of just being stuff that I paid for) that cemented my decision to not buy them. I know that BF3 and BF4 had that too but those were also really easy and you could do them by just playing normally barring a few exceptions like "kill 1 enemy with the repair torch" which was easily done because you just needed to do that instead of stabbing the sniper you found prone on a rock. I think the only one I had trouble with was one that needed a game mode almost everyone of course stopped playing after a week.

They are real easy in bf1 for the most part. The main one that would be challenging is shooting down 2 airplanes with an lmg. Of course many people find getting 15 kills with the same gun in a round difficult so ymmv

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Hexenritter posted:

I'd much prefer that over these lovely "get umpteen headshots with a wildly inaccurate gun then also kill ten men with trenchfoot" ones.

I want broken champagne bottle for a melee weapon but I will never unlock it because champagne bottles spawn in the worst places and trying to seek out and kill a dude on purpose in melee is much harder now.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

Kibayasu posted:

I took one look at that scout perk assignment where you have to play rounds of dead gamemodes and had a sensible chuckle. They couldn't honestly believe that service rear end was achieveable outside of American and European servers but it happened anyway.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I wonder what YouTuber pushed for those and spinned it so it was something the kids would like to do with the game?

Whoever it was, you are a bastard.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Jimbot posted:

The trick to “X kills in a round” challenges is to play a full operations game, since it considers multiple waves of attackers to be part of the same round as long as the map doesn’t change

lambskin posted:

They are real easy in bf1 for the most part. The main one that would be challenging is shooting down 2 airplanes with an lmg. Of course many people find getting 15 kills with the same gun in a round difficult so ymmv

They’re better now but back when In the Name of the Tsar dropped you needed 15 HE tripwire kills and the max damage they did at the time was like 70. That poo poo was dumb

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Chronojam posted:

Somebody grab me on steam for this, thanks in advance

I’m oceanarms on steam and EA. You can also join discord and I’ll tag you there if ya want. It’s chill. https://discord.gg/364rsdd

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
I only play BF4 on PC occasionally (usually when I feel like being a dick with the stationary TOW launchers, it's stupidly easy to hit choppers and jets with those things on PC) but if y'all ever do a BF4 PC night I'll be down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Noctone posted:

I only play BF4 on PC occasionally (usually when I feel like being a dick with the stationary TOW launchers, it's stupidly easy to hit choppers and jets with those things on PC) but if y'all ever do a BF4 PC night I'll be down.

Let’s do a BF4 night too then. I think me and eonwe were thinking of doing some rotating of the games anyway.

Book it man, we will make it happen.