Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

fawning deference posted:

Has anyone ever led the majors in homers and steals in the same season? Cause Jose Ramirez...

Chuck Klein led the NL in both in 1932, nobody’s matched that since as far as I can tell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

lmao Mets, what the goddamn hell. Any time I get depressed about the Jays I can at least be happy I don't cheer for the Mets lmao

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

Jamie Moyer's first major league start

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

fawning deference posted:

Has anyone ever led the majors in homers and steals in the same season? Cause Jose Ramirez...

Nope, at least not in the post WW1 era.

Chuck Klein led the NL in 1932 in HR and steals, and that's still never happened since. Jimmie Foxx had 20 more HR than Klein that year, so he didn't lead the majors in both.

beaten :argh:

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

The Pussy Boss posted:

Both of Russell's hands were off the bag when he got tagged. Looks out to me.

As usual, the WORST REVIEW EVER, OMG THE UMPS ARE loving US, turns out to be a borderline call at worst. This one doesn't even look that borderline .

It might have been the Cubs telecast that didn't have a clear view of it. From the replays they showed you could insinuate it but there was no actual clear shot of the tag being made with his hand off the bag.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Ammat The Ankh posted:

You'd think they'd be de-sensitized by now.
been ded in that regard since Game 5

there is no such thing as expectation anymore, just following the roller coaster now

if every year is like a 20% chance at a WS, they might just fail over and over and that's just the way it is

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/AndrewStoeten/status/1024375977571434496

oh jesus

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

this would be a challenge even playing OOTP

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but the A's have actually ended their traditional season ticket plan. It is now A's Access and it's kinda interesting https://www.mlb.com/athletics/tickets/season-tickets . 240 for the most basic plan gives you access to every single home game.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I was going to have Contract the Mets as the title, but then I remembered this got requested for a July title.

ENJOY THE COUPLE HOURS OF IT

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

will_colorado posted:

this would be a challenge even playing OOTP

At least in OOTP winning = tickets sold. Unless they handicap TB to be more realistic.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I can't make the new thread until work tomorrow so you have a bit longer to savor it :)

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Brian Dozier just got to Dodger Stadium and there’s reverse hugwatch happening in the Dodger dugout :3:

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

https://twitter.com/masnRoch/status/1024494059031801856

Beautiful.

Milovan Drecun
Apr 17, 2007
I masturbate in traffic.

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

Brian Dozier just got to Dodger Stadium and there’s reverse hugwatch happening in the Dodger dugout :3:

"We've been expecting you"

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

you know, I actually really respect this reasoning

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

hell yeah good answer :perfect:

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
If the Rays finish over .500 with this roster, then just hand Kevin Cash manager of the year, don't even go about the voting process.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Should be a fun next couple of months.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Is this the thread for laughing at the Mets

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Yeah but I'm not gonna join in because we play them next and the rules of chaos mean that if I gloat they're gonna sweep us

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Tongiht's game has me thinking, I'm working on this theory where when you play lovely teams you get better results than when you play good teams, stat nerdz am I on the right track?

Nice debut for Kolby Allard, think it was only 5IP/4ER but he never looked bad and got a solid single on his first AB and then in his second it went down as a sac reaching by error but I think he was safe anyway.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Tongiht's game has me thinking, I'm working on this theory where when you play lovely teams you get better results than when you play good teams, stat nerdz am I on the right track?

Nice debut for Kolby Allard, think it was only 5IP/4ER but he never looked bad and got a solid single on his first AB and then in his second it went down as a sac reaching by error but I think he was safe anyway.

Results inconclsive, the Padres regularly hang double digits on us

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Epic High Five posted:

Results inconclsive, the Padres regularly hang double digits on us
can confirm, I watched the best Dodgers team of my lifetime get dunked on for 3 of 4 in San Diego just last year

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
The Padres are the most "take 3 of 4 from good teams then get swept by the Reds" team ever

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

the Mets paid for their sins against baseball and common sense tonight

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Carlosologist posted:

the Mets paid for their sins against baseball and common sense tonight

Nah, I think they owe the universe at least four more 20-run blowouts and probably a position player pitching and blowing out his arm.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

marioinblack posted:

If the Rays finish over .500 with this roster, then just hand Kevin Cash manager of the year, don't even go about the voting process.

Special Achievement Award for beating the Angels with no (healthy) starting pitchers on the roster.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

skaboomizzy posted:

Nah, I think they owe the universe at least four more 20-run blowouts and probably a position player pitching and blowing out his arm.

I can only imagine that's what Callaway was trying to achieve by letting Reyes throw ~50 pitches. Sadly it didn't work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

beep boop

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3864760

• Locked thread