Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam

seiferguy posted:

2k eggs can hatch shinies. Shiny Togepi comes from there. It's rare as hell but my girlfriend has 2 of them for some reason!

I hatched a shiny Wynaut out of a 5k about a month ago. It will forever be the pink topper at the gym next to my work. While I'm at work, anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Caught a shiny Swablu today, and like every shiny I've caught, his stats fuckin suck.

They're still good for trading since the IVs reset, right? I've got a lovely shiny Poochyena, too, and I'd happily trade them for some other rare stuff I've missed in the past year and a half since I played.

They're fine for trading, but shiny pokemon are in the same tier as legendaries for trading purposes. If you're not at least ultra friends, the cost is going to be massive. Even at Great Friend level, it'll cost 800k dust to trade a shiny if they don't already have it.

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

That is a ridiculous amount of dust. I haven't got into trading and didn't realize the cost was so high.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Yeah, the trading system sounded cool in theory but lol.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
The trading system is designed to make it a long term commitment to complete your dex and is otherwise a thing you can use or ignore with no real problems either way. And the friendship system that goes hand in hand with that is great for local raid groups where the people aren't all on the same team and the XP you get from ranking friends up is also very nice.

it's actually one of Niantic's better thought out systems

DaStampede posted:

That is a ridiculous amount of dust. I haven't got into trading and didn't realize the cost was so high.

only for specific trades. you can trade generic pokemon for a grand total of 4 dust at best friends level. as far as I know this chart is still accurate:

Psion fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Aug 1, 2018

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

Yeah, I probably should've expanded on my post saying that normal trades are far more reasonable. They really don't want legendaries and other rare encounters to be easily given to others.

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

I would like to fill out my dex

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
So I guess Spinda is now a research task reward and there are eight variants. Neat.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

LumpyGumby posted:

So I guess Spinda is now a research task reward and there are eight variants. Neat.

Yep, it's an encounter from the "Land 3 curveballs in a row" quest.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Work had a Spinda quest so I got one real quick!

Psion posted:

The trading system is designed to make it a long term commitment to complete your dex and is otherwise a thing you can use or ignore with no real problems either way. And the friendship system that goes hand in hand with that is great for local raid groups where the people aren't all on the same team and the XP you get from ranking friends up is also very nice.

it's actually one of Niantic's better thought out systems

only for specific trades. you can trade generic pokemon for a grand total of 4 dust at best friends level. as far as I know this chart is still accurate:

FYI this chart isn't correct. There's a floor of 100 stardust for a trade - so trading a pokemon you both have with a friend will never lower between 100 dust.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

The local Discord is shooting for another EX raid trigger. We've got 20 unique accounts that have raided at one of the EX-eligible gyms. This morning, three of us managed to arrive at a 1-star raid at the same time, so we destroyed a poor Makuhita in about two seconds. So yeah, fingers crossed for tomorrow's expected distribution time.

Also, I just realized that there's now an elegant solution for Ninjask/Shedinja: make an "Evolve a Nincada" research task that always rewards an encounter with a Shedinja. C'mon guys, I want my dead ninja bug!

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Double-posting to report that shiny Houndour and shiny Snubbull are now live, as well.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Shiny Houndour is my favorite but unfortunately they are extremely rare here. Is there going to be some kind of doggo event?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I put a 7k in my free incubator and a 2k in a super incubator. :bang:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Prop Wash posted:

Shiny Houndour is my favorite but unfortunately they are extremely rare here. Is there going to be some kind of doggo event?

Apparently it comes from the "evolve a meowth" task. So all those trash alola Meowths you got are suddenly more valuable :v:

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

seiferguy posted:

Apparently it comes from the "evolve a meowth" task. So all those trash alola Meowths you got are suddenly more valuable :v:

I.

I feel so dumb for not thinking of this sooner. Now to find that task! Thank you goon!

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Observing this filth unsettles me
Here's the updated research tasks:

edit: Also no more rattata out of (fresh) eggs

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Do the shiny symbols mean that the Pokémon WILL be shiny, or is it just a chance?

Loser_Rex
Apr 14, 2006

Spidercock? Here?

Beachcomber posted:

Do the shiny symbols mean that the Pokémon WILL be shiny, or is it just a chance?

Chance.

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."
I need that shiny Houndour for an all-doggo team

A team of six shiny helldoggos :rock:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Got to do a Registeel raid tonight at the EX gym we're targeting! It just came in before the evening raid cutoff.

Bad news: I did not catch it. :argh:

Good news: This brings the gym to around 30 confirmed unique accounts in the last week, so we're almost certainly getting EX passes tomorrow, unless we get clockblocked. Fingers crossed. :pray:

Psychobabble! posted:

Here's the updated research tasks:

edit: Also no more rattata out of (fresh) eggs

Thank christ. My last few Aloleggs have been Digletts!

DizzyBum fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Aug 2, 2018

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

A little help from anyone with a Go-tcha. I bought one and it is great, but I can't seem to get it to only do gyms and pokestops on auto. I have it set to auto spin them, but it never does. It seems to target a pokemon in the area, and not switch to the spinner. Is there a way around this or is this just how it works?

I have auto on unknown and collect stops. I have vibrate off and disable animations. Auto cap known Pokemon is turned off.

Loser_Rex
Apr 14, 2006

Spidercock? Here?

badjohny posted:

A little help from anyone with a Go-tcha. I bought one and it is great, but I can't seem to get it to only do gyms and pokestops on auto. I have it set to auto spin them, but it never does. It seems to target a pokemon in the area, and not switch to the spinner. Is there a way around this or is this just how it works?

I have auto on unknown and collect stops. I have vibrate off and disable animations. Auto cap known Pokemon is turned off.

Just change your settings in game to only spin stops.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
If I hatch another goddamn Trapinch from a purple egg I swear to god

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

3 excellent throw in a row :laffo:

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Loser_Rex posted:

Just change your settings in game to only spin stops.

...I am dumb. I didn't realize there were settings in the game for it. I made the change and will see if this works.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
LOL in the last week I've gotten both "catch a dragon type" and "win a level 3 or higher raid".

One offered me a prize of ten ultra balls and the other three hyper potions :negative:

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

HookShot posted:

LOL in the last week I've gotten both "catch a dragon type" and "win a level 3 or higher raid".

One offered me a prize of ten ultra balls and the other three hyper potions :negative:

those are very bad rewards. I clearly stole your luck, because I got a "win a level 3 raid" for a dratini, and then "catch a dragon" for another dratini. Which was pretty neat.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
I have two "catch a dragon type" for three rare candies apiece. Now to find a long egg raid

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

3 excellent throw in a row :laffo:

Yeah I don't think I can do that one. Maybe on Wailmers...

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

Zombie Dachshund posted:

those are very bad rewards. I clearly stole your luck, because I got a "win a level 3 raid" for a dratini, and then "catch a dragon" for another dratini. Which was pretty neat.

Wow. Dratinis?

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
I always save a Dratini encounter for the next catch a dragon quest, my local discord is pretty good about finding at least one a day

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I think our EX trigger attempt got clockblocked. drat it Niantic, fix that poo poo :argh:

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

DizzyBum posted:

I think our EX trigger attempt got clockblocked. drat it Niantic, fix that poo poo :argh:

Can you elaborate on all the stuff you're trying? 30 unique accounts at one spot in a week? Something like that?

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

I can’t speak for DizzyBum, but the same thing happened here. It’s a gym that gets a ton of raiding activity and regularly hosts EX raids. But twice in two weeks it has been shut out by a raid. Stupid makuhita!

edit: got an EX pass from another gym, though! I hadn't planned to raid there, either, but couldn't pass up that LOL raichu... Score!

Zombie Dachshund fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Aug 2, 2018

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
If a gym has an active raid when the EX pass wave goes out, that gym is skipped for EX eligibility that week, yeah.

Also I've heard that beyond gym blocking if you yourself are raiding when a wave goes out you might get skipped, but I only know one person who's complained about that. On the other hand he's a regular and frequent raider so if anyone was going to get blocked that way, it's him. And I've definitely raided with him enough and gotten EX passes to know he should also have gotten them but didn't.

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

They're still good for trading since the IVs reset, right?

I think the IVs can only become worse (within a certain margin), they don't go completely random again. Someone feel free to correct me on this.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Oh poo poo I cashed in my 7th research stamp today and got a 100% Raikou! He's at around 1500cp so it'll take a lot of rare candy but I'm happy with my first hundo.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Eox posted:

Oh poo poo I cashed in my 7th research stamp today and got a 100% Raikou! He's at around 1500cp so it'll take a lot of rare candy but I'm happy with my first hundo.

Grats!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Got my second EX pass ever today and I'll be in a different state. Guess I gotta make tomorrow count

• Locked thread