Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Took a drive down to the SJC Costco and got my car washed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Gonna dog today and get to the BOTTOM of this onion scandal

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

PBUC!!!!!!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

wow ive never seen a sign/sticker regarding sauerkraut.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

I thought that was a cup full of black rotten onions for a second

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Do any of your Costcos still have the Buffalo French terry shorts in stock? I want some bad and will cover all the expenses of course.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
http://cds.costcojapan.jp/cds/mail-images/upz/180726_2saw/thu26d/pc_index.html

Ohhhh yeah, Japan finally got the burger! Will try and report back when possible.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Original_Z posted:

http://cds.costcojapan.jp/cds/mail-images/upz/180726_2saw/thu26d/pc_index.html

Ohhhh yeah, Japan finally got the burger! Will try and report back when possible.

hazeru nattsu chyokoreto supredo 1kgx2.

No matter where you go it's still costco

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
saadopaoundo chiizubaagaa

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

fatal oopsie-daisy posted:

saadopaoundo chiizubaagaa

A seven pound cheeseburger? :stare:

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Boomer on boomer violence at Costco over free cheese

quote:

A cut in line for free samples at a Costco turned into a fight — between two 70-year-old men, according to police.

A 70-year-old man said he was waiting in line for a complimentary piece of cheese at the Costco in Greenville, South Carolina, when a 72-year-old man “cut in line, took some cheese and walked off,” according to a July 26 incident report.

After the 70-year-old moved on to a line with free samples of cheeseburgers, police said the man saw the 72-year-old approaching.

The 70-year-old was still upset about being cut in front of, and according to the incident report, he told the other man that “he could get in front of him because he knew he would just cut the line anyway.”

The 72-year-old man responded by saying “I will do it again!” — then saying to the 70-year-old man, “You’re a jerk,” police reported.

The 72-year-old then hit the 70-year-old in the right side of his head and caused his hat and glasses to get knocked off, according to the incident report.

The woman who was working at the cheeseburger sample stand said “she saw two men argue in front of her station,” and she confirmed the 70-year-old’s account when she told police that a “man in a Hawaiian shirt hit the other man in the head and it sounded very loud, and that the man’s hat flew off his head.”

Though the 72-year-old had left the Costco by the time police officers arrived, they tracked him down. When an officer reached him on the phone, the 72-year-old admitted he was involved in an altercation at Costco, according to the incident report.

Police reported that the 72-year-old said he “hit the man’s hat off his head after the man got in his face and he felt that the man was going to hit him because the man was balling his fist.”

Greenville Police Department Public Affairs Manager Donald Porter told The State that no arrests have been made in the incident.

Police are attempting to get surveillance footage from Costco to help in the investigation, and the responding officer said further investigation was needed because the men’s stories are inconsistent and “the witness did not have much to say,” per the incident report.

https://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article215857825.html

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Perhaps all that stand in line for samples are jerks.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Hypnolobster posted:

Perhaps all that stand in line for samples are jerks.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I loving hate samples.

Ohh let's all crowd around this one cart and block all the pathways through a crowded store so we can wait for our free sample of 1/4 of a mozzarella stick.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I actively avoid sample tables if more than two people are milling about. Especially if they're waiting on a reup.

But if it's like just the bored merchant doing their pitch then sure I'll swing by and thank you for the... CoCQ10 Energy Shot :confused:

Unless you're selling me Direct TV.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

FilthyImp posted:

I actively avoid sample tables if more than two people are milling about. Especially if they're waiting on a reup.

But if it's like just the bored merchant doing their pitch then sure I'll swing by and thank you for the... CoCQ10 Energy Shot :confused:

Consistently the most unpleasant thing about my Costco experience.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
The DirectTV guy shut up real quick when you reply that you don't have TV at all.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

If you don’t want patiently for a new batch of the frozen philly cheese steaks to come out and take 6 I dunno what to tell you

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Costco DirecTV guy is a drat sight better than the Solar City rear end in a top hat at Home Depot.

edit - and old people are the worst, always cutting me off for samples. I'm just trying to get my kid a piece of cheese so he stops screaming about cheese.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

FilthyImp posted:

I tell them I don't own a TV and don't want to.

Whats that they got samples up? Tortilla chip with bit of salsa? Don't mind if I do. I'll just park my cart here sideways in the middle of the aisle.

A ritz cracker with a piece of salami? Never had that before, better do a taste test before I make any rash decisions. I'll get my cart later.

Ooooo 5mL of orange juice? I don't even remember where I left my cart at this point but I'm sure its fine.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Gonna swing by the 'sco for lunch (their chicken caesar salads are great) and top off the ol automobile with premium quality gasoline.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

FogHelmut posted:

Costco DirecTV guy is a drat sight better than the Solar City rear end in a top hat at Home Depot.
Those always give me pause. Why yes, I'd love to drop 12k on a new furnace/AC on my way out!

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Trastion posted:

The DirectTV guy shut up real quick when you reply that you don't have TV at all.

The solar panel guy at Costco kept trying to sell me solar panels even though I told him I told him I don't own a house.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Renegret posted:

The solar panel guy at Costco kept trying to sell me solar panels even though I told him I told him I don't own a house.

Jesus Michael, it's an I-N-V-E-S-T-M-E-N-T

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

If you tell them you're already a DirecTV customer they get real excited and sometimes want to give you a high five and I like that reaction over just ignoring them :unsmith:

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

FCKGW posted:

If you tell them you're already a DirecTV customer they get real excited and sometimes want to give you a high five and I like that reaction over just ignoring them :unsmith:

I've told that lie and not gotten that reaction.

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up
DirecTV dude is always super pumped when I tell him I already have it. Highly recommended.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Renegret posted:

Put them on your balcony. I’m sure your landlord would appreciate the energy you save.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I picked up Johnny Firecracker sauce to go with my chicken I was fixing. It's spicey but it taste so good.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Rirse posted:

I picked up Johnny Firecracker sauce to go with my chicken I was fixing. It's spicey but it taste so good.

poo poo is incredible, I was dipping everything in it. Just dunking tortilla chips in it to get that flavor!!!!

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
No one has tried to get us signed up for satellite service yet but I did let an internet provider rep go through their whole spiel before telling them I had gigabit fiber for half the price of their 250 Mbps service.

I put in a request for bulgogi bake and Hawaiian pizza after seeing the Japanese food court menu, but now I can't remember if I wrote bake after bulgogi and I'm worried someone at corporate thinks I'm insane beyond wanting pineapple on pizza.

Would also compromise for poke.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Bloodplay it again posted:

I put in a request for bulgogi bake and Hawaiian pizza after seeing the Japanese food court menu, but now I can't remember if I wrote bake after bulgogi and I'm worried someone at corporate thinks I'm insane beyond wanting pineapple on pizza.

Would also compromise for poke.

If you don't even have poke at your Costco there is no way you're getting the bulgogi bake.

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
I've never had a Costco sample. I have an inherent distrust of strangers giving me food and not eating with me

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

binge crotching posted:

If you don't even have poke at your Costco there is no way you're getting the bulgogi bake.

Don't kill the dream. Let me flip through the binder next month and read the official letdown.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

AWarmBody posted:

I've never had a Costco sample. I have an inherent distrust of strangers giving me food and not eating with me

I got some jerky one time because it was on sale and I was gonna buy a ton of it if it tasted good.

That's the ONLY time.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

My Costco had a guy selling wood pellet grills for a while. Super nice guy and he was selling a ton of them and they were like $900, but bitch I'm not using wood pellets when I have a normal propane grill like everybody else.

Give me a bulgogi bake please. For America.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

I still miss the pretzels they had in the 90's.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
My parents would shop price club (and later, in a fevered dream, PriCost), and buy a thickpak of like 32 hotdogs (not Kirkland, be they forgiven for their sins).
We would freeze them to last forever but they tasted horrible.

Also we did not have communion and it wasn't until my teens that they got a membership.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Bloodplay it again posted:

Don't kill the dream. Let me flip through the binder next month and read the official letdown.

I'm just grumpy because I haven't been to Tokyo this year to grab some of those bulgogi bakes :cry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002

belt posted:

I got some jerky one time because it was on sale and I was gonna buy a ton of it if it tasted good.

That's the ONLY time.

I grabbed a sample of some chocolate thing after I had already picked up the container from down the aisle. Did not like, put the item back.