Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
They're doing another CelebriDnD, this time with everyone favorite, Terry Crews:
https://twitter.com/GeekandSundry/status/1024671106370756608

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I’d probably do a simple drinking contest as a contest rolling against Constitution scores. If both people win, the higher margin of victory wins. If both people lose, the one with a lower margin of failure wins (and both get trashed).

GURPS actually has really specific rules for drinking. There’s different levels of drunkenness from “sober” to “coma”. If you have more than a certain number of drinks in an hour (depending on your Health stat), you roll against Health to determine if you slip down to the next level. Critical failures put you further down the ladder, and if your Health stat is sufficiently low (representing a very poor constitution) you can become blackout drunk with 4 pints of beer.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Chalk up "they're monetizing their game so they should do what the audience wants them to do" as the worst argument I've ever loving heard, holy poo poo.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Ha, I can't shake the notion in my head that Matt is saving how do you want to do this for Critical Role, and swapping in stuff like "How do you want to finish it" for other games he runs. I think that'd be a fun little running thing to do.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Pollyanna posted:

Chalk up "they're monetizing their game so they should do what the audience wants them to do" as the worst argument I've ever loving heard, holy poo poo.
GOALS
$3,000 - reached! per month
Mollymauk lives.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

GOALS
$3,000 - reached! per month
Mollymauk lives.

GOALS
$6,000 per month
The role of Marisha will be played by Travis

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I'd like to know if Matt has ever played in Glorantha. The Storm Father seems very Orlanth.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
I mean they did have that episode in campaign 1 where they all went disguised as cows and if that isn't Glorantha As gently caress, what is?

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

I don't know if the OP is still around but if we could change the thread title to "Critical Role - Roll for reach around", I think that would neatly encapsulate the entire CR experience.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

CuwiKhons posted:

I don't know if the OP is still around but if we could change the thread title to "Critical Role - Roll for reach around", I think that would neatly encapsulate the entire CR experience.

I ended up getting that chunk for the fan transcript. I hope I did it right. And I hope they maintain my formatting; reach around when it was a verb, reacharound for the noun.

I also got Clay's intro, plus Sumalee's ending speech. It was a pretty good pull for transcribing, really.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Keru posted:

They're doing another CelebriDnD, this time with everyone favorite, Terry Crews

I sure hope this time it lasts longer than 20 minutes. :v:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IrM0zoDuSo

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Dragonatrix posted:

I sure hope this time it lasts longer than 20 minutes. :v:

Two and a half goddamn hours! Maybe this isn't the darkest timeline after all.

Bankok
Sep 10, 2004

SPARTA!!!
Nice, that can fill the usual Critical Role time slot tonight for me since the episode isn't until tomorrow.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Just finished watching it and it really reinforces my desire to have Ashly Burch join the show on a permanent basis. I know she's busy but god, she's so fun.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

CuwiKhons posted:

Just finished watching it and it really reinforces my desire to have Ashly Burch join the show on a permanent basis. I know she's busy but god, she's so fun.

Yeah she's real fun. I liked the homebrew stuff they came up with for the different classes, everyone had spells or abilities that were at times similar to existing stuff, but also worked in the more resource based stuff like rage points and combo points. Having both an Alliance and Horde team was a good call too.

Kind of makes me sad that I got off the WoW train after Wrath of the Lich King. My wallet is very grateful, but at a glance the expansions have looked cool and they would have been fun to work through, even if it is an endless treadmill as old gear is constantly replaced by the next expansion. Of course now it's just dozens of dungeons and raids that may as well not even be there for how much people are doing them, and even if they were done they shouldn't be a challenge with the better gear/higher levels. High hopes for stuff in the pipeline like Crowfall though.

Anyway a very solid little promotional tie-in game with some fun pvp mixed in there.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

You missed two of the best expansions (Mists of Pandaria and Legion) but you also missed two of the worst (Cataclysm and Warlords of Draenor) so I don't know, I think you did alright. I haven't recommended World of Warcraft to anyone in years because to be honest it's just not a fun game if you're not in a big, boisterous guild. As a solo game, WoW blows. I'm in Goon Squad Horde though so I do alright on the friend front but even I've only been logged on like, twice in the past month. Just to do some pre-patch quests.

But the D&D game was real fun. I don't think either Terry or Troy play WoW so they're slightly odd choices to use for this but everyone had a good time so who cares?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Yeah, with only 10 days to go before the new WoW expansion launches it can go either way right now. The general fear is that’ll end up like Warlords of Draenor, fun and interesting leveling content but a barren, miserable max level experience.

My brothers and I recently jumped back in and were having a blast three manning level appropriate dungeons but the recent patch seems to have killed that a bit. The player power level has taken a bit of a nose dive since Blizzard is making this expansion kind of a soft reset for player power scale and the story.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Is it just me, or is the sound/voiceover in the CelebriD&D video kind of...off?

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Yeah, with only 10 days to go before the new WoW expansion launches it can go either way right now. The general fear is that’ll end up like Warlords of Draenor, fun and interesting leveling content but a barren, miserable max level experience.

My brothers and I recently jumped back in and were having a blast three manning level appropriate dungeons but the recent patch seems to have killed that a bit. The player power level has taken a bit of a nose dive since Blizzard is making this expansion kind of a soft reset for player power scale and the story.

That and apparently the story is a trashfire.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Seems like finally doing proper alliance vs. horde stuff would be the simplest thing to write, but who knows. Power scale does kind of have to go down after you've been doing things like helping to defeat giant legendarily powerful demons of the setting, although it'd be more intriguing and a different take you don't usually see if they acknowledged that both sides have thousands of new legendary heroes on each side in the player characters, and maybe go into the class-specialized stuff I heard they did recently some more with each class messing with the other side in a questline. Warlocks summon a giant infernal, mages call down a big blizzard, rogues sneak into an instanced version of the enemy capital and kill someone, etc. If you acknowledge that everyone is super buff then it's just one person doing that, but if they're scaling down maybe you work with a bunch of mages to cast the spell, etc.

Less than 6 hours to CR live, gonna be fun!

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

T- 15 minutes ish!

but with TM9 faces edited on

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

One of my friends at Gencon got EXTREMELY last minute tickets because the venue hosed up and sold tickets for a few rows immediately in front of the cameras that they were asked not to sell. It's too late to kick them out and give them a refund at this point so the crew have just asked the people in those rows to not stand up while the cameras are on because they'll block the cameras :v:

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Nice.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
I am praying for a live PK.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Man, that room is packed.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

SAM

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Man, that room is packed.

Speaking of things that are packed.... Sam's costume...

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

The best thing about Sam is his total lack of shame.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
OMG SAM

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Oh dear god.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Sam Riegel is a criminal and must be stopped

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I never knew Sam was a Star Sapphire.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Matt finally got his vengeance.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

YESSSSSSSS

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

SURPRISE IT'S SHAKASTE Y'ALL

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

loving SURPRISE KHARY PAYTON OUT OF NOWHERE

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Happy he is there, but when I heard black blur and just caught the part about a bird with a blade I was hoping for Kiri to come in and become the murder hobo she is destined to be.

edit: Ok that tops the lollipop

Raged fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Aug 4, 2018

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

i want to know what liam's plan is here, staying invis to get surprise on the big bad when he finally reveals himself?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

eke out posted:

i want to know what liam's plan is here, staying invis to get surprise on the big bad when he finally reveals himself?

I think! Or have an excuse to not do anything directly confrontational (which is decent character work) until he thinks that it'll be good.